Skip to content

Roll Call... Who's Looking at Attending Oct. 15 @ HOU?

The Browns Board
221 23 6.3k
  • @topdawg31 said:

    I am going. Getting in on group sales would be great. Our group has been invited to tailgate with the Bulls On McNee tailgaters. We hosted 35 of them when the Texans came to Cle 2 years ago. Just a FYI the game is on the 15th. Our plan is to fly out to HOU on the 13th and back to CLE on the 16th.

    Tour....what about hooking up with this group?

    @the-gipper said:

    Tour....what about hooking up with this group?

    They would be more than happy to host us all. Several members of this group are competition BBQ'ers so we could be in store for some good Texas BBQ.

  • @wargograw said:

    No biggie. Let's just see if we can put on a tailgate. And by we, I mean you 😉

    That's a big, no, right there. For starters I'd need a tail gate... Hurricane Ike ate the last P/U I owned.

    But I am sure I can find one... BrownsBackers... Friendly Texans-fans...

    @texasag1969 said:

    Please Tour, this is a family site. 😉

    lmao... never crossed my mind, you dirty old man...

    @tour2ma said:

    lmao... never crossed my mind, you dirty old man...

    Hey I was the one leering in Spanish at the senorita on the metro in Barcelona. Guilty as xxx charged. 😆

  • Meanwhile back at the thread....

    Heard back from the Pres of the SpaceCityBrownsBackers, Jay. Here's is what Jay had to say....

    Hello,

    Yes we are planning a "Browns Weekend" for the game vs the Texans.

    • "Official Browns Backer Hotel" - now that we know a date we just requested quotes from 2 hotels (that we pre-screened)
    • Backer Bash - Saturday night, Oct 14th, from 6 - 10pm near NRG Stadium
      • Pre-screened 3 clubs that we can now select from
      • 2 or more Browns Alumni in attendance
      • Raffle prizes
      • "Texas Themed" t-shirts for sale
    • Pre-game Tailgate
      • In process of selecting Tailgate Lot
      • $20 parking pass is req (Ticketmaster)
      • 2-meat BBQ lunch with all fixins available for purchase online @ $15.75
      • Kornhole
      • Face painting

    Unfortunately we aren't able to offer group seating for the game. The Texans only offer group seating thru their Churasco Club plan @ $235 per person. The other alternative is to purchase tix on the secondary market. Some Texan season ticket holders have the Browns game tix on sale now but the Texans will release more tix toward the end of July. Acquiring a group of tix where we all sit in a "block" will be difficult but we hope to be able to recommend several sections where you could purchase tix and be seated among other randomly seated Browns fans.


    Once we know the "Official Browns Backer" hotel we're going to launch our new website - est. April 28th.


    Check www.houstonbrownsbackers.com for up-to-date details.

    Look forward to meeting y'all - GO BROWNS!

    Jay Salzer

    Note: I keep getting redirected to a web/ap developer website when I paste the above addy into my browser. Please let me know if same happens to you.

    • "Official Browns Backer Hotel" - now that we know a date we just requested quotes from 2 hotels (that we pre-screened)

    Tour, sure, we can look at those hotels. But I spoke with my daughter last night, and she said the first thing we need to do would be to pick an area that we want to be, and she can get group quotes from the Hilton brand hotels there, but then we would have to narrow it down to a single hotel.

    Now, what she did say is that she could not really get us a better rate as a group simply because she works for Hilton than we could get on our own, or perhaps what you may see from the hotels that this other group has connected with.

    So, let's see what this other group comes up with.

  • By the way, when I put in houstonbrownsbackers.com I get redirected to some other bullshit website. WTF is up with that?

    • "Official Browns Backer Hotel" - now that we know a date we just requested quotes from 2 hotels (that we pre-screened)

    Tour, sure, we can look at those hotels. But I spoke with my daughter last night, and she said the first thing we need to do would be to pick an area that we want to be, and she can get group quotes from the Hilton brand hotels there, but then we would have to narrow it down to a single hotel.

    Now, what she did say is that she could not really get us a better rate as a group simply because she works for Hilton than we could get on our own, or perhaps what you may see from the hotels that this other group has connected with.

    So, let's see what this other group comes up with.

    @the-gipper said:

    • "Official Browns Backer Hotel" - now that we know a date we just requested quotes from 2 hotels (that we pre-screened)
    Tour, sure, we can look at those hotels. But I spoke with my daughter last night, and she said the first thing we need to do would be to pick an area that we want to be, and she can get group quotes from the Hilton brand hotels there, but then we would have to narrow it down to a single hotel.

    Now, what she did say is that she could not really get us a better rate as a group simply because she works for Hilton than we could get on our own, or perhaps what you may see from the hotels that this other group has connected with.

    So, let's see what this other group comes up with.

    Appreciate the leg work, Gip. We'll see what the Backers develop... they could probably use a half dozen-ish more rooms our out-of-towners would need to help them lever a better price.

    @the-gipper said:

    By the way, when I put in houstonbrownsbackers.com I get redirected to some other bullshit website. WTF is up with that?

    @tour2ma said:

    Note: I keep getting redirected to a web/ap developer website when I paste the above addy into my browser. Please let me know if same happens to you.

    I've alerted Jay to the redirect...

  • Update: The website address is good. The site does not go live until the first week in May. Until then it will redirect to the homepage of the web designer.

  • Update: The website address is good. The site does not go live until the first week in May. Until then it will redirect to the homepage of the web designer.

    @tour2ma said:

    Update: The website address is good. The site does not go live until the first week in May. Until then it will redirect to the homepage of the web designer.

    Just curious: Is the "Galleria" area, a place where the group might stay?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Update: The website address is good. The site does not go live until the first week in May. Until then it will redirect to the homepage of the web designer.

    Just curious: Is the "Galleria" area, a place where the group might stay?

    @the-gipper said:

    Just curious: Is the "Galleria" area, a place where the group might stay?

    Sure... It's the nearish West side. On Westheimer Road just outside the 610 Loop between Highway 59 to te south (slated to become I-69) and I-10 to the north. It's a great, albeit high-end, area of Houston and not all that convenient to the Stadium, but early on a Sunday morning, maybe 20 minutes away via the Loop.

    Closer to noon the traffic exiting the Loop for parking will get bad... as in, miss the 1st quarter, bad. Secondary roads thru downtown would be a better choice... and if enough folks pool, then Uber might make sense vs. driving and parking.

    And I am sure there are bus-lines from the area to the stadium on gameday.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Just curious: Is the "Galleria" area, a place where the group might stay?

    Sure... It's the nearish West side. On Westheimer Road just outside the 610 Loop between Highway 59 to te south (slated to become I-69) and I-10 to the north. It's a great, albeit high-end, area of Houston and not all that convenient to the Stadium, but early on a Sunday morning, maybe 20 minutes away via the Loop.

    Closer to noon the traffic exiting the Loop for parking will get bad... as in, miss the 1st quarter, bad. Secondary roads thru downtown would be a better choice... and if enough folks pool, then Uber might make sense vs. driving and parking.

    And I am sure there are bus-lines from the area to the stadium on gameday.

    @tour2ma said:

    Sure... It's the nearish West side. On Westheimer Road just outside the 610 Loop between Highway 59 to te south (slated to become I-69) and I-10 to the north. It's a great, albeit high-end, area of Houston and not all that convenient to the Stadium, but early on a Sunday morning, maybe 20 minutes away via the Loop.

    Closer to noon the traffic exiting the Loop for parking will get bad... as in, miss the 1st quarter, bad. Secondary roads thru downtown would be a better choice... and if enough folks pool, then Uber might make sense vs. driving and parking.

    And I am sure there are bus-lines from the area to the stadium on gameday.

    What area are these "Space City" Browns Backers holding their events, do you know?

  • Yes... I know... and you would, too, if you read posts.

  • Read your mail Tour- put me down as a paying "maybe".

  • Read your mail Tour- put me down as a paying "maybe".

    @hoorta said:

    Read your mail Tour- put me down as a paying "maybe".

    Got it and replied this AM. Most of the time new message pop up when I log in, but sometimes they don't... your didn't...

  • Yes... I know... and you would, too, if you read posts.

    @tour2ma said:

    Yes... I know... and you would, too, if you read posts.

    Your post only talked about where the pregame tailgate near the stadium was.

    I guess I meant: where are the hotels to be. What "club" are they having events on Saturday. (it only said "near the stadium". If none of those are yet determined, all you had to do was to say so.

  • Any updates here? Though, I know that concentration is elsewhere. After draft maybe?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Yes... I know... and you would, too, if you read posts.

    Your post only talked about where the pregame tailgate near the stadium was.

    I guess I meant: where are the hotels to be. What "club" are they having events on Saturday. (it only said "near the stadium". If none of those are yet determined, all you had to do was to say so.

    @the-gipper said:

    Your post only talked about where the pregame tailgate near the stadium was.

    @tour2ma said:

    The Space City bunch are based NW of Houston in a nice area towards Spring, The Woodlands and other "suburbs". Plenty of lodging choices, great eating and one of the best (and biggest) outdoor Bars you'll ever see. At one time I know it sold the most beer of any single establishment in Harris County, a/k/a Houston.
  • Comfort Suites

    1055 McNee Road
    Houston
    TX 77054

    Not sure how many rooms they have but I booked into here, its a walk across the street to the Stadium.

  • Good chance i'll be there. One of my best friends moved from Cleveland to Houston.

  • Comfort Suites

    1055 McNee Road
    Houston
    TX 77054

    Not sure how many rooms they have but I booked into here, its a walk across the street to the Stadium.

    @topdawg31 said:

    Comfort Suites

    1055 McNee Road

    Houston

    TX 77054

    Not sure how many rooms they have but I booked into here, its a walk across the street to the Stadium.

    Is this the official "Browns Backers" hotel for which they have reserved a block of rooms?

  • No Gip, just a suggestion. It's where I booked my room. Only because I can walk into the tailgate and game.