Roll Call... Who's Looking at Attending Oct. 15 @ HOU?
-
Update: The website address is good. The site does not go live until the first week in May. Until then it will redirect to the homepage of the web designer.
-
Just curious: Is the "Galleria" area, a place where the group might stay?
Sure... It's the nearish West side. On Westheimer Road just outside the 610 Loop between Highway 59 to te south (slated to become I-69) and I-10 to the north. It's a great, albeit high-end, area of Houston and not all that convenient to the Stadium, but early on a Sunday morning, maybe 20 minutes away via the Loop.
Closer to noon the traffic exiting the Loop for parking will get bad... as in, miss the 1st quarter, bad. Secondary roads thru downtown would be a better choice... and if enough folks pool, then Uber might make sense vs. driving and parking.
And I am sure there are bus-lines from the area to the stadium on gameday.
-
Just curious: Is the "Galleria" area, a place where the group might stay?
Sure... It's the nearish West side. On Westheimer Road just outside the 610 Loop between Highway 59 to te south (slated to become I-69) and I-10 to the north. It's a great, albeit high-end, area of Houston and not all that convenient to the Stadium, but early on a Sunday morning, maybe 20 minutes away via the Loop.
Closer to noon the traffic exiting the Loop for parking will get bad... as in, miss the 1st quarter, bad. Secondary roads thru downtown would be a better choice... and if enough folks pool, then Uber might make sense vs. driving and parking.
And I am sure there are bus-lines from the area to the stadium on gameday.
Sure... It's the nearish West side. On Westheimer Road just outside the 610 Loop between Highway 59 to te south (slated to become I-69) and I-10 to the north. It's a great, albeit high-end, area of Houston and not all that convenient to the Stadium, but early on a Sunday morning, maybe 20 minutes away via the Loop.
Closer to noon the traffic exiting the Loop for parking will get bad... as in, miss the 1st quarter, bad. Secondary roads thru downtown would be a better choice... and if enough folks pool, then Uber might make sense vs. driving and parking.
And I am sure there are bus-lines from the area to the stadium on gameday.
What area are these "Space City" Browns Backers holding their events, do you know?
-
Yes... I know... and you would, too, if you read posts.
Your post only talked about where the pregame tailgate near the stadium was.
I guess I meant: where are the hotels to be. What "club" are they having events on Saturday. (it only said "near the stadium". If none of those are yet determined, all you had to do was to say so.
-
Any updates here? Though, I know that concentration is elsewhere. After draft maybe?
-
Yes... I know... and you would, too, if you read posts.
Your post only talked about where the pregame tailgate near the stadium was.
I guess I meant: where are the hotels to be. What "club" are they having events on Saturday. (it only said "near the stadium". If none of those are yet determined, all you had to do was to say so.
Your post only talked about where the pregame tailgate near the stadium was.
The Space City bunch are based NW of Houston in a nice area towards Spring, The Woodlands and other "suburbs". Plenty of lodging choices, great eating and one of the best (and biggest) outdoor Bars you'll ever see. At one time I know it sold the most beer of any single establishment in Harris County, a/k/a Houston. -
Comfort Suites
1055 McNee Road
Houston
TX 77054Not sure how many rooms they have but I booked into here, its a walk across the street to the Stadium.
-
Good chance i'll be there. One of my best friends moved from Cleveland to Houston.
-
Comfort Suites
1055 McNee Road
Houston
TX 77054Not sure how many rooms they have but I booked into here, its a walk across the street to the Stadium.
Comfort Suites
1055 McNee Road
Houston
TX 77054
Not sure how many rooms they have but I booked into here, its a walk across the street to the Stadium.
Is this the official "Browns Backers" hotel for which they have reserved a block of rooms?
-
No Gip, just a suggestion. It's where I booked my room. Only because I can walk into the tailgate and game.
-
www.houstonbrownsbackers.com
This site is still not up and running.
-
Here's a VividSeats tip...
Might need to have an account, but...
I was on the verge of buying a pair of tix yesterday, credit card info in, etc, when I bailed. I'd gagged on the site's $40+change per ticket "service" charge. At least their e-delivery fee is a "reasonable" $2.90 vs. other site's as high as $7.95... all again per ticket.
Within minutes a $20 off "coupon" for that very purchase was in my email...
-
Here's a VividSeats tip...
Might need to have an account, but...
I was on the verge of buying a pair of tix yesterday, credit card info in, etc, when I bailed. I'd gagged on the site's $40+change per ticket "service" charge. At least their e-delivery fee is a "reasonable" $2.90 vs. other site's as high as $7.95... all again per ticket.
Within minutes a $20 off "coupon" for that very purchase was in my email...
Here's a VividSeats tip...
Might need to have an account, but...
I was on the verge of buying a pair of tix yesterday, credit card info in, etc, when I bailed. I'd gagged on the site's $40+change per ticket "service" charge. At least their e-delivery fee is a "reasonable" $2.90 vs. other site's as high as $7.95... all again per ticket.
Within minutes a $20 off "coupon" for that very purchase was in my email...
-
Here's a VividSeats tip...
Might need to have an account, but...
I was on the verge of buying a pair of tix yesterday, credit card info in, etc, when I bailed. I'd gagged on the site's $40+change per ticket "service" charge. At least their e-delivery fee is a "reasonable" $2.90 vs. other site's as high as $7.95... all again per ticket.
Within minutes a $20 off "coupon" for that very purchase was in my email...
Here's a VividSeats tip...
Might need to have an account, but...
I was on the verge of buying a pair of tix yesterday, credit card info in, etc, when I bailed. I'd gagged on the site's $40+change per ticket "service" charge. At least their e-delivery fee is a "reasonable" $2.90 vs. other site's as high as $7.95... all again per ticket.
Within minutes a $20 off "coupon" for that very purchase was in my email...
I like using seat geek and stubhub one of which, don't remember, has the final price as the price you see.
-
Please see "Best Answer" for lodging update from the Space City Browns Backers Prez...
Also, webite is still redirecting... no update as to when it will be running.
Please see "Best Answer" for lodging update from the Space City Browns Backers Prez...
Also, webite is still redirecting... no update as to when it will be running.
Thanks Tour, I shared the "Best Answer" to our group, GNATStailgaters.com and got in contact with the Space City Browns Backers. We are going to hook up with them for their Bash on Saturday Night.
-
Please see "Best Answer" for lodging update from the Space City Browns Backers Prez...
Also, webite is still redirecting... no update as to when it will be running.
Thanks Tour, I shared the "Best Answer" to our group, GNATStailgaters.com and got in contact with the Space City Browns Backers. We are going to hook up with them for their Bash on Saturday Night.
Thanks Tour, I shared the "Best Answer" to our group, GNATStailgaters.com and got in contact with the Space City Browns Backers. We are going to hook up with them for their Bash on Saturday Night.
Backer Bash - Saturday night, Oct 14th, from 6 - 10pm near NRG Stadium
- Pre-screened 3 clubs that we can now select from
- 2 or more Browns Alumni in attendance
- Raffle prizes
- "Texas Themed" t-shirts for sale
I assume you mean this bash. Any word on where it will take place?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login