Skip to content

In case You need some more Numbers to Chew on...

The Browns Board
14 8 503
  • Similar to the SPARQ evals you've likely seen, but considered by some to be a deeper dive...

    Get ready for a "I knew it! That's my guy" / "Where's my guy?" Roller Coaster...

    https://d3d2maoophos6y.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/22085915/Slaytics-2017-Final.pdf

  • @ghoolie said:

    Black Tarkenton #1. Fucking moronic. The guys is pure shit.

    Oddly enough this method made Paxton Lynch the top choice in 2016

  • Ok....I tried....but dont see where the value(trend) is in this rating.......or where/how you would apply it.....

    Sparqs.....Slayics....Freaks.....Velocity.....hand size....vertical leap....etc......???

    Honestly....I simply prefer the guys who play lights out and try not to get too wrapped up in sparqs, 40 times, cone drills, etc.....

    But.....I get it.....the quest for that magic pill is still there......(tho it doesnt exist)

  • Every once in awhile, the NFL channel will show Tom Brady looking like a misfit in the physical fitness tests at the Indy combines. He only started 25 games (2 years at Michigan) while another guy called the Freshman Sensation stole a lot of hype. That said, Brady won 20 of those 25 starts.

    When it came time for the draft, the Brady 6 or 7 or what ever it was that went ahead of him even included Bill Walsh choosing Hofstra's Gino Carmozzi over Brady in an earlier round. This reminds me of what a crap shoot and inexact science the NFL draft remains with the QB position. There's still guys like Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott and Derek Carr getting drafted after round 1 to remind me all the fitness tests and time restricted aptitude tests with #2 pencils don't give us the tell on the prospects coming out.

    Teams are still drafting the Kyle Bollers, Joey Harringtons, Akili Smiths, Cade McNouns, Patrick Ramseys, Christian Ponders, David Carrs, Jake Lockers, Jay Cutlers, Vince Youngs, Matt Leinarts, Brandon Weedens, Brady Quinns, Jamarcus Russells, Blaine Gabberts, Tim Tebows, JP Losmans, Johnny Manziels, etc...

  • I see my boy Chris Carson is rated high on the RB rankings.

    He only played in Stillwater for two years and was okay his first year. He took off towards the end of last year though once he started running with some power. It seemed like one of those situations where he finally started to put it together towards the end and figured out how to play to his strengths.

    He's looking like a late round or undrafted prospect but I wouldn't mind taking a flier on him, maybe stash him on the PS for a bit.

  • Ok....I tried....but dont see where the value(trend) is in this rating.......or where/how you would apply it.....

    Sparqs.....Slayics....Freaks.....Velocity.....hand size....vertical leap....etc......???

    Honestly....I simply prefer the guys who play lights out and try not to get too wrapped up in sparqs, 40 times, cone drills, etc.....

    But.....I get it.....the quest for that magic pill is still there......(tho it doesnt exist)

    @mudfly said:

    Ok....I tried....but dont see where the value(trend) is in this rating.......or where/how you would apply it.....

    Pretty much a confirmation bias thing as far as we go.

    DePo & Co.??? Who knows?

  • cool drafting both dobbs and petterman

  • Similar to the SPARQ evals you've likely seen, but considered by some to be a deeper dive...

    Get ready for a "I knew it! That's my guy" / "Where's my guy?" Roller Coaster...

    https://d3d2maoophos6y.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/22085915/Slaytics-2017-Final.pdf

    @tour2ma said:

    Similar to the SPARQ evals you've likely seen, but considered by some to be a deeper dive...

    Get ready for a "I knew it! That's my guy" / "Where's my guy?" Roller Coaster...

    https://d3d2maoophos6y.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/22085915/Slaytics-2017-Final.pdf

    Some stuff on numbers regards O linemen I thought you may like. Not many teams would be brave enough to start trying to convert defensive players to be O linemen I would think

    http://settingedge.com/arikarmstead

  • @tour2ma said:

    Similar to the SPARQ evals you've likely seen, but considered by some to be a deeper dive...

    Get ready for a "I knew it! That's my guy" / "Where's my guy?" Roller Coaster...

    https://d3d2maoophos6y.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/22085915/Slaytics-2017-Final.pdf

    Some stuff on numbers regards O linemen I thought you may like. Not many teams would be brave enough to start trying to convert defensive players to be O linemen I would think

    http://settingedge.com/arikarmstead

    @londonbrown said:

    Some stuff on numbers regards O linemen I thought you may like. Not many teams would be brave enough to start trying to convert defensive players to be O linemen I would think

    http://settingedge.com/arikarmstead

    Thanks...

    On DL converts my first thought was, "That's what LSU did with Cam Erving." 😮

  • The WR rating of #2 on Bug Howard does not surprise me.What did is they give SC credit 😉 That's Trubs other guy at UNC. Zay Jones is my can't miss at WR. Bug Howard sits along side Boulware as my final depth picks for me. Boulware>Dom.Alexander & Bug>Payton. Both Zay & Bug can run NFL routes with power & speed without the hands of Greg Little.

  • Force players, I thought this was a great read

    http://settingedge.com/movement

  • Force players, I thought this was a great read

    http://settingedge.com/movement

    @londonbrown said:

    Force players, I thought this was a great read

    http://settingedge.com/movement

    Another interesting winner... you're on an article hot-streak, LB... but the writer never really gets around to projecting what the prospects will do. Especially the final chart where all the prospects an be expected to fall somewhere between 0 sacks and JJ Watt. Not exactly putting himself out on a limb.

    This line kinda jumped out at me:

    Even Leonard Floyd based his game off of inside stunts with his long Gumby frame.

    Gumby... I had no idea...

  • @londonbrown said:

    Force players, I thought this was a great read

    http://settingedge.com/movement

    Another interesting winner... you're on an article hot-streak, LB... but the writer never really gets around to projecting what the prospects will do. Especially the final chart where all the prospects an be expected to fall somewhere between 0 sacks and JJ Watt. Not exactly putting himself out on a limb.

    This line kinda jumped out at me:

    Even Leonard Floyd based his game off of inside stunts with his long Gumby frame.

    Gumby... I had no idea...

    @tour2ma said:

    This line kinda jumped out at me:

    Even Leonard Floyd based his game off of inside stunts with his long Gumby frame.

    Gumby... I had no idea...

    Ha-Ha..1st I had to laugh than do the background check on this Mr. Leonard Floyd falsified character 😮. Wrestling & football come hand in hand to me from the University of Toledo Days. Toledo has a huge Olympic Wrestling Tree from Joseph Scalzo to my great Wrestling coach & friend The Great Wojo (Wojciechowski) trained by Dick the Bruiser. Due to my wrestling flex-ability, The Great Wojo nicknamed me Gumby. It carried over to my failed walk-on attempt at TE position at UToledo. The nickname has stuck all my life since college. I clearly should own any pat-ton rights to this nickname 😁 (problem is I can't get the wife to wear her matching Pokey' named shirt anymore 😆) Leonard Floyd, you have a new Fan!! thanks T

  • lol... and now we know...