Caleb Brantley
-
I just know that for me, there would have been no way in hell that I would've turned his name in.... There had to be a kid with a similar athletic upside, but was maybe injured or played for a small school somewhere in that round, that we could've given the shot to.
Reminds me of 2015 draft..Ifo-Ekpre-Olomo anyone? This feels more like La'el Collins also in 15 draft from LSU just landed with us..this time..(did not Collins fall by similar reasons?)
This feels more like La'el Collins also in 15 draft from LSU just landed with us..this time..(did not Collins fall by similar reasons?)
Exactly the name Ive been rolling around too....lets hope that is the case.....
Must've taken the hunger right outta him because he got cut.
Pretty sure it was that shredded knee that got him cut.....(and drafted in the 7th, instead of the 1st)
-
Gotta say, my wifey certainly shocked me today by defending Brantley......(she draws her expertise from Judge Judy)...hahaha
After telling her the Brantley story, she basically said if the chicky hit him first....then all bets are off....knock da bitch out....
Being a man, I cant personally align with that....but do understand her double standard premise.....
After telling her the Brantley story, she basically said if the chicky hit him first....then all bets are off....knock da bitch out....
So basically... permission? Witness!... but I'd still get it in writing...
... right now has me thinking of the Turtle, the Scorpion, and the River Crossing . . .
Ooh... I know that one. First you take the turtle and the river across, then you bring the river back with you, drown the scorion, then...
-
Exactly how violent can an empty-handed, 120# woman get with a man double her weight and change?
You just walk away. Then call the Police... preferably under video surveillance.
Don't worry, he's got Pac Man as a role model now. Tell me that doesn't sound like handing a box of matches to a pyromaniac and asking him to be careful...
Don't worry, he's got Pac Man as a role model now. Tell me that doesn't sound like handing a box of matches to a pyromaniac and asking him to be careful...
Speaking of my lecture on don't drink and post - I'm in a thread about Calebber Lang Brantley talking about what Joe Mixon is joining at the Cincitucky Zoo with about 6 cups of turbo-caffeinated coffee too many. Sorry folks!
-
Don't worry, he's got Pac Man as a role model now. Tell me that doesn't sound like handing a box of matches to a pyromaniac and asking him to be careful...
Speaking of my lecture on don't drink and post - I'm in a thread about Calebber Lang Brantley talking about what Joe Mixon is joining at the Cincitucky Zoo with about 6 cups of turbo-caffeinated coffee too many. Sorry folks!
-
Gotta say, my wifey certainly shocked me today by defending Brantley......(she draws her expertise from Judge Judy)...hahaha
After telling her the Brantley story, she basically said if the chicky hit him first....then all bets are off....knock da bitch out....
Being a man, I cant personally align with that....but do understand her double standard premise.....
Gotta say, my wifey certainly shocked me today by defending Brantley......(she draws her expertise from Judge Judy)...hahaha
After telling her the Brantley story, she basically said if the chicky hit him first....then all bets are off....knock da bitch out....
Being a man, I cant personally align with that....but do understand her double standard premise.....
Good stuff from Mrs Mud!
-
After telling her the Brantley story, she basically said if the chicky hit him first....then all bets are off....knock da bitch out....
So basically... permission? Witness!... but I'd still get it in writing...
... right now has me thinking of the Turtle, the Scorpion, and the River Crossing . . .
Ooh... I know that one. First you take the turtle and the river across, then you bring the river back with you, drown the scorion, then...
-
-
-
I don't condone it but there must have been enough of a gray area there for the Browns to even consider drafting him. I will wait until all the details are out to pass judgement. As with most video evidence, it usually only shows 50% of the truth.
-
Since were putting numbers out there coming up on 26 for me.
28 Years here - a Vikings / Browns marriage.
-
-
More to the story.
Word is she was beating on him in the Chest and hit him in the Mouth.
Bartender said he pushed her away . . . and being ~300Lbs vs ~120Lbs . . .
Talk is also out that she admitted that she lied about being KO'd (video walk away would seem to lend credence to this).
DA has not determined whether to charge misdemeanor charges or not.
Sashi has said Browns are looking into it, and if he's guilty he's gone.
Wait and see on this, as things are not always as they at first seem (been seeing a lot of that lately).
More to the story.
Word is she was beating on him in the Chest and hit him in the Mouth.
Bartender said he pushed her away . . . and being ~300Lbs vs ~120Lbs . . .
Talk is also out that she admitted that she lied about being KO'd (video walk away would seem to lend credence to this).
DA has not determined whether to charge misdemeanor charges or not.
Sashi has said Browns are looking into it, and if he's guilty he's gone.
Wait and see on this, as things are not always as they at first seem (been seeing a lot of that lately).
I guess the legal question is this: Is it OK for her to punch slap, kick etc. a guy. But when the guy pushes the woman back to get him off her, HE is the one to be charged with assault?
As someone in this business, in my view, while it may not be appropriate for him to punch her back....pushing her away seems a reasonable response.
In fact, my question, as a magistrate seeing something like the scenario proposed here (not that I am saying this is what happened here.) I would ask the police and prosecutor: why was SHE not brought up on charges? If she initiates slapping, punching, kicking a guy...then why should she be immune simply because of her chromosomes? No guy would probably ask for that...but that is not the point. Females should be no more be able to assault males with impunity than males should be able to assault females with impunity.
-
Wow maybe we can merge this with the Mixon thread to see how all the black and white there gets off awful grey when the Browns draft you, smh
Wow maybe we can merge this with the Mixon thread to see how all the black and white there gets off awful grey when the Browns draft you, smh
While I didn't see the Brantley tape, I will say that based on the way it was related here, it could be different. Mixon was pushed and slapped first, but then he delivered a hard right devastating blow to the woman. His response was way beyond proportionate.
If this chick punched, slapped, kicked Brantley,and all he did was push her off....that, to me, seems a proportionate response.
I don't know if that is what happened here....I am just speculating given a scenario.
-
33 years this August.
-
Since were putting numbers out there coming up on 26 for me.
28 Years here - a Vikings / Browns marriage.
-
Wow maybe we can merge this with the Mixon thread to see how all the black and white there gets off awful grey when the Browns draft you, smh
While I didn't see the Brantley tape, I will say that based on the way it was related here, it could be different. Mixon was pushed and slapped first, but then he delivered a hard right devastating blow to the woman. His response was way beyond proportionate.
If this chick punched, slapped, kicked Brantley,and all he did was push her off....that, to me, seems a proportionate response.
I don't know if that is what happened here....I am just speculating given a scenario.
While I didn't see the Brantley tape, I will say that based on the way it was related here, it could be different. Mixon was pushed and slapped first, but then he delivered a hard right devastating blow to the woman. His response was way beyond proportionate.
If this chick punched, slapped, kicked Brantley,and all he did was push her off....that, to me, seems a proportionate response.
I don't know if that is what happened here....I am just speculating given a scenario.
Going on reports of the filed police report the victim needed dental work. Just pointing out how many in the Mixon thread drew the line in the sand that if you put hands on a woman you are persona non grata. Now the Browns draft a guy with an pending assault charge and it's but she attacked him first, I need to see the tape, let's wait to see what the courts say, etc. Funny to watch the hypocrites. Personally I'm all for drafting Brantley and he is found guilty and serves his suspension and the Browns think he can compete, keep him on the roster.
The way our criminal justice system handles domestic violence and by extension violence in general is a fucking joke but I don't think it's appropriate to require NFL players to play by stricter rules than is necessary. The league has suspensions in place to handle these situations and players will suffer the consequences when necessary. I just find it hilarious that Jim Brown and Crow are celebrate in here by the same people who would be crushing any other player that did the same thing while wearing a different uniform.
-
Well, I dont know what all the arguments were on Mixon & Brantley, but Id guess some had moral reasons not to draft.....and some had pr & fandom reasons.....and some had character/dependability related reasons.....and then there's cost
For the moral guys....ie: "Id never hit a woman and any guy that does is trash, not matter the reason".....then this will be a dilemma
For the pr fandom guys....ie:" We already had Johnny and Josh, dont need any more negative light on our team nor do I want to support or be a fan of someone I cant respect".....then this could also be a dilemma....I see the concern....
Character and dependability also come into play, as these types(low self control) often have recurring issues through life and could bring suspensions and shade to your favorite team....over and over again(see Johnny/Josh comment)...
Finally there is cost.....and Mixon and Brantley had different prices.....and rolling a high pick, while risking the above is a dumber move than rolling a late late pick for the same risk factor/upside....
So....I could live with one of these picks at 6......highly doubt it would get the same reaction had we done it in the second....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

