Caleb Brantley
-
Just actually had our 47th anniversary.
The secret: Valentine's Day = Anniversary Woman just likes a romantic jackass.

Wow...god bless ya....
-
33 years this August.
august for me also.33 years this August.
-
Thanks Mud. It helps that we have known each other since 9th grade. Were friends for 3 years before boyfriend/girlfriend. It's always been the basis of our marriage.
Wow...small world Ags....we met and started dating in the 9th grade too....got married at 18....struck out and started our business ....and have never looked back.....
-
I guess I'm kind of a male whore. Can't even remember who I dated in 9th grade.
-
-
Well how about this. Unlike some football players I have never struck a woman, my wife of 47+ years included.
I saw how it turned and don't have an issue with it. It's just not how I expected it to turn.
I mean, were you expecting a thread about a prospect with a potential assault on a woman to turn into a thread about posters touting their marriages?
-
Well how about this. Unlike some football players I have never struck a woman, my wife of 47+ years included.
I saw how it turned and don't have an issue with it. It's just not how I expected it to turn.
I mean, were you expecting a thread about a prospect with a potential assault on a woman to turn into a thread about posters touting their marriages?
-
Actually, one report I've read she did just that - punched him in the mouth without warning
Interesting. I guess sooner, rather than later, the investigation will conclude and we'll know the result one way or the other.
I just know that for me, there would have been no way in hell that I would've turned his name in.... There had to be a kid with a similar athletic upside, but was maybe injured or played for a small school somewhere in that round, that we could've given the shot to.
I hoped that my favorite team was one of the reported 'many teams' that took him completely off their boards.
Interesting. I guess sooner, rather than later, the investigation will conclude and we'll know the result one way or the other.
I just know that for me, there would have been no way in hell that I would've turned his name in.... There had to be a kid with a similar athletic upside, but was maybe injured or played for a small school somewhere in that round, that we could've given the shot to.
I hoped that my favorite team was one of the reported 'many teams' that took him completely off their boards.
thing is there is no audio. she coulda dropped 10 Nbombs on the guy and said his mom was a hooker.
there are breaking points in everyone's soul. someone say something about my dead child and i'll curb stomp your fucking ass. women included.
looked like they knew each other from how he walked in and then confronted her. probably fucked his best friend.
assault is assault, period. you lay your hands on someone first? then all bets are off.
only vicious criminals go out and look to punch anyone. but when does personal responsibility come into play? the doctor on the united flight that was over prescribing opioids and then exchanging them for sex with women to becoming a pro poker champion to now making his biggest score? c'mon now.
-
Thanks Mud. It helps that we have known each other since 9th grade. Were friends for 3 years before boyfriend/girlfriend. It's always been the basis of our marriage.
So basically engaged at 15?
So much for wild oats...

T-3-years to the gold...
-
I guess I'm kind of a male whore. Can't even remember who I dated in 9th grade.
I guess I'm kind of a male whore. Can't even remember who I dated in 9th grade.
Hey, the kids at Greenbriar didn't call you Studly McMuffiin for nothing!
Well how about this. Unlike some football players I have never struck a woman, my wife of 47+ years included.
Ummm... not even... ummmm... you know... ummm... a lil hanky panky spanky?
-
I slap my wife's add daily.?
-
Thanks Mud. It helps that we have known each other since 9th grade. Were friends for 3 years before boyfriend/girlfriend. It's always been the basis of our marriage.
Wow...small world Ags....we met and started dating in the 9th grade too....got married at 18....struck out and started our business ....and have never looked back.....
-
I guess I'm kind of a male whore. Can't even remember who I dated in 9th grade.
Hey, the kids at Greenbriar didn't call you Studly McMuffiin for nothing!
Well how about this. Unlike some football players I have never struck a woman, my wife of 47+ years included.
Ummm... not even... ummmm... you know... ummm... a lil hanky panky spanky?
Ummm... not even... ummmm... you know... ummm... a lil hanky panky spanky?
Well in fact she was leaning over the top loading washer just the other day which she has trouble with due to being "height impaired" and asked me to "please reach in and grab those things for me." I don't understand at all why it surprised her that I reached right in for what I was sure she was really dangling there for me while leaning over that way. Then she hit me so I just ignored it without hitting back and got the clothes out instead. The rest I'll compose for Penthouse, but there is still life after 70, even after prostate surgery.

-
I guess I'm kind of a male whore. Can't even remember who I dated in 9th grade.
Hey, the kids at Greenbriar didn't call you Studly McMuffiin for nothing!
Well how about this. Unlike some football players I have never struck a woman, my wife of 47+ years included.
Ummm... not even... ummmm... you know... ummm... a lil hanky panky spanky?
-
Interestingly enough, there are many women who privately share the opinion of Mud's wife, in that "If a drunk woman hits a man, she deserves to be knocked on her ass." I say "privately" because many women don't want to share that opinion publicly because the feminist movement will be all over them, and many women I know don't want to seem like they're against "the cause". Very similar to some of my black friends despising the "black lives matter" movement. They believe their tactics are horrid, but they wouldn't ever say that publicly because of the backlash. Anyways, a few of my women friends are also tired of the double standard. How boys are taught from a young age that "you never hit a girl, no matter what!" and things like that. Watch a few of these awful videos that show the football players hitting the women (check out the Florida State QB a couple of years ago, Joe Mixon, and I think there's another...) What do you notice about the videos? What you notice is that the women aren't remotely scared of these men. They literally have NO FEAR, no possible thought that the men might hit them. Where do you think that comes from? Biology provides a very basic "fight or flight", and that is hard-wired into our brain. We immediately size up the danger, and then our body takes the appropriate measure. The FSU QB video and Joe Mixon video completely prove my point, in that BOTH men showed the women that they were GOING to get physical, but the women didn't back off. Joe Mixon "flinched" at the woman, like pretending he was going to hit the woman so she'd back off. He didn't haul off and deck her at the first sign of confrontation. Have gave her indication that he was going to hit her if she didn't back off, and what does she do? She freaking doubles down on her aggression! She goes RIGHT back at him. Why would she do that? Wouldn't her hard-wired "fight or flight" reflex take over? Nope. It sure wouldn't. Why you ask? Because of what I said earlier. Women have been taught from basically toddler-hood that boys aren't allowed to hit them, so when that's been ensconced into their brains from essentially birth, natural fear doesn't exist. How else could you explain a small women physically provoking a giant man? A man at the pinnacle of physical shape?
Hitting a women goes against my personal code, so it's hard for me to "accept" what has happened in these recent cases. The thing is, it's easy for everybody else to criticize the reaction of these YOUNG MEN when they aren't the ones being hit. Has anybody on this forum ever been punched, kicked, or attacked? What was your initial reaction? Was it to walk away? I've been hit ONE TIME by a woman, and let me tell you, my first reaction was NOT to walk away. My first reaction was to punch her. Now, in the split-second BEFORE my brain threw that punch, I was able to gather myself and walk away. I was also 25 years old, and I wasn't drunk (she was). Now, imagine you play a physically violent sport. Imagine that since about 10 years old, you've been playing this sport at the highest level. Never really using your "flight" response, because if you did, you'd be cut. You'd lose your scholorship, or whatever. You aren't allowed to run from a fight on the field. I completely realize people should be able to differentiate between "the field and real life", but these actions by these football players WEREN'T premeditated. They were responses to aggression.
I might not condone it, but I see how it happens. What really pisses me off is how the women in these cases NEVER TAKE ANY PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for what happened. The EFFING FOOTBALL player is ALWAYS on the news, paraded around the circuit, giving apology after apology. You don't hear ONE WORD from the "victims". All it does is teach women they can do whatever they want, and it also teaches that men can make one split-second mistake and ruin their lives. I don't know what the answer is, but I know I'm tired of seeing these awful videos.
-
I was voted 'most likely not to see my 21st birthday'.
LOL!
First moped ride age 14, last motorcycle sold off age 62 (but my son wants to learn this summer and my license is still good, so back on at 70
). Skydiver with jumpmaster's license earned in 20's, Vietnam Infantry 1LT early 20's. "But somehow on and on I go............" -
Interestingly enough, there are many women who privately share the opinion of Mud's wife, in that "If a drunk woman hits a man, she deserves to be knocked on her ass." I say "privately" because many women don't want to share that opinion publicly because the feminist movement will be all over them, and many women I know don't want to seem like they're against "the cause". Very similar to some of my black friends despising the "black lives matter" movement. They believe their tactics are horrid, but they wouldn't ever say that publicly because of the backlash. Anyways, a few of my women friends are also tired of the double standard. How boys are taught from a young age that "you never hit a girl, no matter what!" and things like that. Watch a few of these awful videos that show the football players hitting the women (check out the Florida State QB a couple of years ago, Joe Mixon, and I think there's another...) What do you notice about the videos? What you notice is that the women aren't remotely scared of these men. They literally have NO FEAR, no possible thought that the men might hit them. Where do you think that comes from? Biology provides a very basic "fight or flight", and that is hard-wired into our brain. We immediately size up the danger, and then our body takes the appropriate measure. The FSU QB video and Joe Mixon video completely prove my point, in that BOTH men showed the women that they were GOING to get physical, but the women didn't back off. Joe Mixon "flinched" at the woman, like pretending he was going to hit the woman so she'd back off. He didn't haul off and deck her at the first sign of confrontation. Have gave her indication that he was going to hit her if she didn't back off, and what does she do? She freaking doubles down on her aggression! She goes RIGHT back at him. Why would she do that? Wouldn't her hard-wired "fight or flight" reflex take over? Nope. It sure wouldn't. Why you ask? Because of what I said earlier. Women have been taught from basically toddler-hood that boys aren't allowed to hit them, so when that's been ensconced into their brains from essentially birth, natural fear doesn't exist. How else could you explain a small women physically provoking a giant man? A man at the pinnacle of physical shape?
Hitting a women goes against my personal code, so it's hard for me to "accept" what has happened in these recent cases. The thing is, it's easy for everybody else to criticize the reaction of these YOUNG MEN when they aren't the ones being hit. Has anybody on this forum ever been punched, kicked, or attacked? What was your initial reaction? Was it to walk away? I've been hit ONE TIME by a woman, and let me tell you, my first reaction was NOT to walk away. My first reaction was to punch her. Now, in the split-second BEFORE my brain threw that punch, I was able to gather myself and walk away. I was also 25 years old, and I wasn't drunk (she was). Now, imagine you play a physically violent sport. Imagine that since about 10 years old, you've been playing this sport at the highest level. Never really using your "flight" response, because if you did, you'd be cut. You'd lose your scholorship, or whatever. You aren't allowed to run from a fight on the field. I completely realize people should be able to differentiate between "the field and real life", but these actions by these football players WEREN'T premeditated. They were responses to aggression.
I might not condone it, but I see how it happens. What really pisses me off is how the women in these cases NEVER TAKE ANY PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for what happened. The EFFING FOOTBALL player is ALWAYS on the news, paraded around the circuit, giving apology after apology. You don't hear ONE WORD from the "victims". All it does is teach women they can do whatever they want, and it also teaches that men can make one split-second mistake and ruin their lives. I don't know what the answer is, but I know I'm tired of seeing these awful videos.
Interestingly enough, there are many women who privately share the opinion of Mud's wife, in that "If a drunk woman hits a man, she deserves to be knocked on her ass." I say "privately" because many women don't want to share that opinion publicly because the feminist movement will be all over them, and many women I know don't want to seem like they're against "the cause". Very similar to some of my black friends despising the "black lives matter" movement. They believe their tactics are horrid, but they wouldn't ever say that publicly because of the backlash. Anyways, a few of my women friends are also tired of the double standard. How boys are taught from a young age that "you never hit a girl, no matter what!" and things like that. Watch a few of these awful videos that show the football players hitting the women (check out the Florida State QB a couple of years ago, Joe Mixon, and I think there's another...) What do you notice about the videos? What you notice is that the women aren't remotely scared of these men. They literally have NO FEAR, no possible thought that the men might hit them. Where do you think that comes from? Biology provides a very basic "fight or flight", and that is hard-wired into our brain. We immediately size up the danger, and then our body takes the appropriate measure. The FSU QB video and Joe Mixon video completely prove my point, in that BOTH men showed the women that they were GOING to get physical, but the women didn't back off. Joe Mixon "flinched" at the woman, like pretending he was going to hit the woman so she'd back off. He didn't haul off and deck her at the first sign of confrontation. Have gave her indication that he was going to hit her if she didn't back off, and what does she do? She freaking doubles down on her aggression! She goes RIGHT back at him. Why would she do that? Wouldn't her hard-wired "fight or flight" reflex take over? Nope. It sure wouldn't. Why you ask? Because of what I said earlier. Women have been taught from basically toddler-hood that boys aren't allowed to hit them, so when that's been ensconced into their brains from essentially birth, natural fear doesn't exist. How else could you explain a small women physically provoking a giant man? A man at the pinnacle of physical shape?
Hitting a women goes against my personal code, so it's hard for me to "accept" what has happened in these recent cases. The thing is, it's easy for everybody else to criticize the reaction of these YOUNG MEN when they aren't the ones being hit. Has anybody on this forum ever been punched, kicked, or attacked? What was your initial reaction? Was it to walk away? I've been hit ONE TIME by a woman, and let me tell you, my first reaction was NOT to walk away. My first reaction was to punch her. Now, in the split-second BEFORE my brain threw that punch, I was able to gather myself and walk away. I was also 25 years old, and I wasn't drunk (she was). Now, imagine you play a physically violent sport. Imagine that since about 10 years old, you've been playing this sport at the highest level. Never really using your "flight" response, because if you did, you'd be cut. You'd lose your scholorship, or whatever. You aren't allowed to run from a fight on the field. I completely realize people should be able to differentiate between "the field and real life", but these actions by these football players WEREN'T premeditated. They were responses to aggression.
I might not condone it, but I see how it happens. What really pisses me off is how the women in these cases NEVER TAKE ANY PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for what happened. The EFFING FOOTBALL player is ALWAYS on the news, paraded around the circuit, giving apology after apology. You don't hear ONE WORD from the "victims". All it does is teach women they can do whatever they want, and it also teaches that men can make one split-second mistake and ruin their lives. I don't know what the answer is, but I know I'm tired of seeing these awful videos.
To paraphrase Chris Rock:
"I don't condone it, I don't agree with it, but...<big smile>...I understand."
.
-
Well, OK, we took a flyer in the 6th round on a guy with a character issue. But, here is the deal folks: Just looking at things football wise if in fact the Browns feel they have to let him loose, it is not as if they are really taking a big risk there with this 6th round pick.
I have checked...and in all the years since the "Common draft" began in 1966....I see where the Browns have drafted exactly 6 guys in the 6th round that ever amounted to much:
Doug Dieken OL
Ahtyba Rubin DL
Michael Jackson WR
Fred Hoaglin OL
John Demarie OL
Dave Puzzoli DL
In the last 10 years, these guys were our 6th round picks:
Charles Gaines
Malcom Johnson
Randel Telfer
Jamoris Slaughter
Billy Winn
Emanual Acho
Carlton Mitchell
Don Carey
Coy Francies
I think Telfer is the only guy still on the team...and what has he done.
-
Reminds me of 2015 draft..Ifo-Ekpre-Olomo anyone? This feel more like La'el Collins also in 15 draft from LSU just landed with us..this time..(did not Collins fall by similar reasons?)
Yeah, CB, Oregon. Round 1 potential but injured badly his last season and we knew he had no chance to play the next year.
I read he had a big time insurance policy on himself where he got paid big time if he wasn't a high draft choice. Must've taken the hunger right outta him because he got cut.
Yeah, CB, Oregon. Round 1 potential but injured badly his last season and we knew he had no chance to play the next year.
I read he had a big time insurance policy on himself where he got paid big time if he wasn't a high draft choice. Must've taken the hunger right outta him because he got cut.
He got cut because his knee was destroyed (torn ACL, PCL, MCL, meniscus, and partially torn patella tendon). He worked his butt off but he was screwed from the moment it happened. He never regained his former ability. This is why these "insurance" policies are in place for situations like his. He may have made a few million but in the grand scheme of things, it cost him tens of millions and his career.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login