Skip to content

Mock the Englishman FINAL VERSION, with scouting reports

The Browns Board
20 5 353
  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown
    #11

    6.04 - Dane Evans, QB, Tulsa

    GRADE Priority free agent

    SUMMARY: A former three-star recruit, Evans committed to Tulsa over SMU and Utah, earning the full-time starting job as a sophomore. He set career-bests as a junior with 62.9% completions and 4,332 passing yards and a personal-best 32 passing touchdowns as a senior. Evans leaves Tulsa with the career records for passing yards (11,680) and passing touchdowns (84), thriving in Philip Montgomerys Baylor-style pass-heavy spread scheme. He has live arm strength with whistling zip in the short-to-intermediate passing game. Evans delivers with accuracy and timing on some throws then follows it up with missed reads and poor placement, which is often a result of an inconsistent base and release point. His pocket awareness also contributes to negative plays due to his deer-in-the-headlights reaction to pressure. Overall, Evans flashes the passing instincts and velocity that will land him in a camp, but his inconsistent decision-making and placement will be tough to overcome.

    Pick change: None

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #12

    i believe conley will be a better pro than lattimore or hooker so ya what i am saying is i agree

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #13

    as far as your qb pick uuummm as i have said before i like dobb's or peterman so what i am saying is i disagree

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Grades and reports provided via Dane Brugler's draft guide for 2017

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Made an error Saubert should be 5.31, Toth 5.37 and Odenigbo 6.01

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #16

    IIRC I like your first one better...

    • I think Conley's a reach at 12.
    • At the next level I just don't see Baker's body cashing the checks his abandon will write.
    • Ogunjobi... while an intriguing prospect, my DT emphasis is low.

    Rest is OK-ish, but have to admit that I don't know a lot about a couple of the names. And while I do love Toth, my top Center, if we've an excess of players anywhere, it's our interior OL.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Easy to fall in love with Baker's tape which I have

    Tretter has an injury history and I'm not willing to watch Cam at center ever again

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    4.01 - Blair Brown, OLB, Ohio

    I was once in a movie with her when she was kinda hot:

    3ac24601a119562fd75ac2fa7efc57c3.jpg

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Compare to Linda Blair now. She kinda looks like she has been possessed (by botox and silicone):

    linda-blair-11291314-1-402.jpg

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #20

    London, you spent way too much time assembling that draft, at least 80% of which won't happen, but whatever floats your boat.