Nascar Forum?
-
NASCAR is dominated by hillbillies. F1 is an international sport. F1 doesn't have a single driver that is from the USA.
It's not so much that the sport is a hillbilly sport, but it's dominated by hillbillies.
-Al
NASCAR is dominated by hillbillies.
-Al
Nah, NASCAR is dominated by corporate America. A fair number of its fans may be in need of serious dental work, but the sport is way corporate. Three of the companies I work for sponsor cars and the advertising break-down (demographics, television time, annual income of viewers) clearly shows that the sport is hardly dominated by folks you'd expect to find in a trailer park.
I doubt I'd contribute to a forum but I get its appeal.
Beanpot
-
Back when I lived in Ohio, I had friends who liked NASCAR and the excitement would (slightly) rub off on me and I could sit through races with them. I can't watch it on my own, though. I pretty much hate all things hillbilly.
Out here in AZ, I have friends who like Formula 1, and I like F1 much better. There's something more alluring about cars that actually CAN turn to the right...
-Al
Out here in AZ, I have friends who like Formula 1, and I like F1 much better. There's something more alluring about cars that actually CAN turn to the right...
-Al
LOL, I think its time to come out of the closet....
F-1 racing is not even on the radar of motorsports. Those cars are so tempermental, one pass across the grass or infield they disintergrate, POOF, gone.
Yeah i'm a hillbilly and i'm willing to bet there are more NFL fans that watch NASCAR than F-1 you
F-1Homo

-
I was wandering if it would be possible to start a Nascar forum here. The seasons 10 months long, they have practice, qualifying, and a race for the Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series every week, minus 2-3 weeks throughout the year for each series. So there would be plenty to talk about for Nascar fans. Would anyone else be interested in this? and is it possible to do?
Poll results from the old forum
All in favor of a Racing forum vote YES those not vote NO
- Yes: 12 votes
- NO: 14 votes
nmills said:
I was wandering if it would be possible to start a Nascar forum here. The seasons 10 months long, they have practice, qualifying, and a race for the Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series every week, minus 2-3 weeks throughout the year for each series. So there would be plenty to talk about for Nascar fans. Would anyone else be interested in this? and is it possible to do?I would love this!
-
Hell, yinz are posting in a NASCAR forum right now.
The stains have been going around in circles for decades.
Regards
..... an'at
.
-
Dammit he made bail
-
NASCAR is dominated by hillbillies. F1 is an international sport. F1 doesn't have a single driver that is from the USA.
It's not so much that the sport is a hillbilly sport, but it's dominated by hillbillies.
-Al
NASCAR is dominated by hillbillies.
Really? Dominated by Hillbillies huh? Is using the term 'hillbillies' suppose to have a negative connotation to it?
Well, Here is a list of many of those hillbilly drivers that are dominating the sport right now.
Jeff Gordon California
Jimmie Johnson California
Greg Biffle Washington
Kyle Busch Navada
Kurt Busch Navada
Tony Stewart Indiana
Ryan Newman Indiana
Ellot Sadler Virgina
Joey Lagano Conneticut
David Reutiman Florida
Dennt Hamlin Virginia
Carl Edwards Missouri
Matt Kenseth Wisconsin
Kevin Harvick California
Jamie McMurray Missouri
Kasey Kahne Washington
Martin Truex Jr. New Jersey
Clint Bowyer Kansas
Your statement was really ignorant. I mean, REALLY ignorant.
-
NASCAR is dominated by hillbillies.
Really? Dominated by Hillbillies huh? Is using the term 'hillbillies' suppose to have a negative connotation to it?
Well, Here is a list of many of those hillbilly drivers that are dominating the sport right now.
Jeff Gordon California
Jimmie Johnson California
Greg Biffle Washington
Kyle Busch Navada
Kurt Busch Navada
Tony Stewart Indiana
Ryan Newman Indiana
Ellot Sadler Virgina
Joey Lagano Conneticut
David Reutiman Florida
Dennt Hamlin Virginia
Carl Edwards Missouri
Matt Kenseth Wisconsin
Kevin Harvick California
Jamie McMurray Missouri
Kasey Kahne Washington
Martin Truex Jr. New Jersey
Clint Bowyer Kansas
Your statement was really ignorant. I mean, REALLY ignorant.
Your statement was really ignorant. I mean, REALLY ignorant.
It used to be dominated by "hillbillies" but is now universally loved.
Just not by me.
-
NASCAR is dominated by hillbillies. F1 is an international sport. F1 doesn't have a single driver that is from the USA.
It's not so much that the sport is a hillbilly sport, but it's dominated by hillbillies.
-Al
-
Isn't that an oxymoron?
No, it isn't. There's no Croatian drivers...no Afghani drivers, neither. In fact there's alot more countries that are not represented in F1 then those that are, but only because someone from the USA is not involved means that it's not international? There's a HUUUUGE world out there. It's called the Earth.
...and you called my statement ignorant...
...and that long list of hillbillies you posted. Hillbillies every single one of them. The Canadian border is the new Mason Dixon Line.
-Al
-
Well, if we are all wishing for stuff...I still wish we would have a General section of this forum, where things can go, that don't fit into the other catagories, like I have requested numerous times.
Now, back to Hee Haw......

-
Out here in AZ, I have friends who like Formula 1, and I like F1 much better. There's something more alluring about cars that actually CAN turn to the right...
-Al
LOL, I think its time to come out of the closet....
F-1 racing is not even on the radar of motorsports. Those cars are so tempermental, one pass across the grass or infield they disintergrate, POOF, gone.
Yeah i'm a hillbilly and i'm willing to bet there are more NFL fans that watch NASCAR than F-1 you
F-1Homo

LOL, I think its time to come out of the closet....
F-1 racing is not even on the radar of motorsports. Those cars are so tempermental, one pass across the grass or infield they disintergrate, POOF, gone.
Yeah i'm a hillbilly and i'm willing to bet there are more NFL fans that watch NASCAR than F-1 you
F-1Homo

Ah come on, man. Not on the radar? Not on the radar in the USA, just like NASCAR isn't on the radar in the rest of the world. That's like saying Soccer isn't on the radar. As i mentioned in my previous post, there's more to this world than just the USA.
...and of course there are more NFL fans that watch NASCAR, they are based in the USA and have very little following outside of the USA. Americans love their Americana, and so do I, since I, indeed, have been born and raised in the good old US of A.
I LOVE humanity...it's people that I can't stand...especially hillbillies!
-Al, aka the F1 Homo AND the Soccer Homo.
-
Just out of curiosity, what exactly constitutes a hillbilly? I may have some in me.
-
-
nmills said:
apparently living south of Canada, which is funny cause they sound kinda hillbilly ayewow, good one
-
Why can't we have a recipe forum? The ladies on the forum would enjoy it, too.
We could all post requests for tailgating recipes...
why, I'm trying out a new cornbread recipe as we speak !
(I didn't get to it earlier, we were at a big picnic with friends most of the day,
and after that, I fell asleep watching NASCAR)...
-
What do the Browns and nascar have in common?----nothing, nascar has a winner every week



-
How many different racing forums would be needed to keep peace among the masses.
Would this be a good time to post some redneck pics?
That's how it would end up.
In just the short length of this thread we've already seen opinions and interests and tolerance levels vary a great deal.
I've also fallen asleep watching NASCAR but I love watching open wheel racing. Both IRL and F1.
Bottom line is: Who really wants to discuss racing? Enough to justify a forum?
-
How many different racing forums would be needed to keep peace among the masses.
Would this be a good time to post some redneck pics?
That's how it would end up.
In just the short length of this thread we've already seen opinions and interests and tolerance levels vary a great deal.
I've also fallen asleep watching NASCAR but I love watching open wheel racing. Both IRL and F1.
Bottom line is: Who really wants to discuss racing? Enough to justify a forum?
How many different racing forums would be needed to keep peace among the masses.
Would this be a good time to post some redneck pics?
That's how it would end up.
In just the short length of this thread we've already seen opinions and interests and tolerance levels vary a great deal.
I've also fallen asleep watching NASCAR but I love watching open wheel racing. Both IRL and F1.
Bottom line is: Who really wants to discuss racing? Enough to justify a forum?
I would discuss it and think it would get far greater traffic than horse racing.
I haven't seen people posting pictures of Mr Ed or Francis, or pictures of the Oz munchkins in there, so I wouldn't expect to see people who aren't interested posting stuff in a racing forum.
-
If he gets a NASCAR forum then I want a hockey forum !

-
I want a Drag Racing Forum and a Bull Riding Forum.
Guys, it's the offseason and I don't think anybody is going to shit too many bricks if you start a thread about something off topic. I would just stay away from starting multiple threads about the same topic. Another words, if you have a Neckar thread going, use that as your means to discuss but don't start a new thread for every race etc.
Meanwhile, I'm going to hammer on Satn for the pingpong forum I've been wanting. Have you guys seen that Golic chick? Total piece.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login