Skip to content

Nascar Forum?

The Browns Board
104 22 6.1k
  • I'm all for a Nascar forum, if that means we never have to hear about it here ever again.

  • and a gardening forum. It could be combined with the recipe forum.

  • Just put it in the "Hobby's" forum because that's all it is.

  • and a gardening forum. It could be combined with the recipe forum.

    @calfoxwc said:

    and a gardening forum. It could be combined with the recipe forum.

    Yea don't forget a dress wearing forum too.

  • Just put it in the "Hobby's" forum because that's all it is.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Just put it in the "Hobby's" forum because that's all it is.

    Horse Racing is much more of a hobby than car racing.

    No matter what spin anybody wants to put on it NASCAR is the 2nd most watched sport in the US, then you add in all the other racing series in and its without a doubt the #1 watched sport.

  • It's pretty fargin' simple.

    MOTORSPORTS FORUM.

    That way those of you who consider, just as one example, someone who earned a degree in Engineering from Purdue University (if you're not impressed by that then it just further proves your ignorance) a hillbilly.....well, then you won't have to worry about hillbilly posts polluting the plasma screens from which you're surely reading this forum while riding around in your stretch limousine. In other words, you should WANT (nee, NEED) a Motorsports Forum so your servants' puny, simple minds won't be corrupted by the vile, unintelligible thoughts of those hillbillies....potentially tempting them to revolt.

    It would also provide someplace to discuss the Indy 500, IRL, F1, ALMS, etc.......that, all in addition to NA$CAR.

    But, nevermind.....there surely wouldn't be as broad of an appeal for that as for something like horse racing. 🙄

    Nope....certainly not an opportunity to increase hits, page views, whatever.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Just put it in the "Hobby's" forum because that's all it is.

    Horse Racing is much more of a hobby than car racing.

    No matter what spin anybody wants to put on it NASCAR is the 2nd most watched sport in the US, then you add in all the other racing series in and its without a doubt the #1 watched sport.

    nmills said:

    Horse Racing is much more of a hobby than car racing.

    No matter what spin anybody wants to put on it NASCAR is the 2nd most watched sport in the US, then you add in all the other racing series in and its without a doubt the #1 watched sport.

    I agree Horse Racing is not a Sport. 2nd most watched sport by the most married 2nd cousins with down syndrome.

  • nmills said:

    Horse Racing is much more of a hobby than car racing.

    No matter what spin anybody wants to put on it NASCAR is the 2nd most watched sport in the US, then you add in all the other racing series in and its without a doubt the #1 watched sport.

    I agree Horse Racing is not a Sport. 2nd most watched sport by the most married 2nd cousins with down syndrome.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    I agree Horse Racing is not a Sport. 2nd most watched sport by the most married 2nd cousins with down syndrome.

    Horse racing is a sport, and your statement, keep living in your little box

  • gardening/farming is NOT a hobby. It's a way of life, like being a lifelong Browns fan. 😠

  • Let's give this idea of a motorsports forum a test drive....

    Dale Earnhardt Jr. is the most over-hyped personality in all of sports. Were it not for his daddy, nobody would give a shite who he is.

    He is a good (but nowhere near great) driver, yet is the fan favorite. Why? Because of daddy.

    The excuse for Juuuunniooooor!!!!!!! Nation was always that he was in inferior equipment and that he was being held back by that. Well, now he's into his second year at Hendrick Motorsports (the BEST equipment in NA$CAR) and he's still nothing more than mediocre at best. What's the excuse now? Don't worry, I know the answer....it's Tony Eury Jr.

    God forbid Juuuunnioooor!!!!! Nation come to grips with the fact that he really isn't anything special when it comes to racing a car - let's just continue to blame everyone else.

    Here's a reality check, Juuuuunniooor!!!! Nation.......HE'S THE 4TH BEST DRIVER ON A 4 MAN TEAM......yet somehow he remains the most popular driver in NA$CAR. Would that be the case if Dale Sr. were still alive? Junior is popular because Daddy was a GREAT racer and died....period.

    Oh, and "Junior" IS a hillbilly (uhh, sorry.....Appalachian-American,) and is slightly more intelligent than my mailbox....maybe.

  • Thought I had posted a reply....hmmmm. Will try again...

    Lot's of hillbilly talk.

    Why is that deemed ok yet talking about other groups in disparaging ways isn't ok?

  • Let's give this idea of a motorsports forum a test drive....

    Dale Earnhardt Jr. is the most over-hyped personality in all of sports. Were it not for his daddy, nobody would give a shite who he is.

    He is a good (but nowhere near great) driver, yet is the fan favorite. Why? Because of daddy.

    The excuse for Juuuunniooooor!!!!!!! Nation was always that he was in inferior equipment and that he was being held back by that. Well, now he's into his second year at Hendrick Motorsports (the BEST equipment in NA$CAR) and he's still nothing more than mediocre at best. What's the excuse now? Don't worry, I know the answer....it's Tony Eury Jr.

    God forbid Juuuunnioooor!!!!! Nation come to grips with the fact that he really isn't anything special when it comes to racing a car - let's just continue to blame everyone else.

    Here's a reality check, Juuuuunniooor!!!! Nation.......HE'S THE 4TH BEST DRIVER ON A 4 MAN TEAM......yet somehow he remains the most popular driver in NA$CAR. Would that be the case if Dale Sr. were still alive? Junior is popular because Daddy was a GREAT racer and died....period.

    Oh, and "Junior" IS a hillbilly (uhh, sorry.....Appalachian-American,) and is slightly more intelligent than my mailbox....maybe.

    @timugen said:

    Let's give this idea of a motorsports forum a test drive....

    Dale Earnhardt Jr. is the most over-hyped personality in all of sports. Were it not for his daddy, nobody would give a shite who he is.

    He is a good (but nowhere near great) driver, yet is the fan favorite. Why? Because of daddy.

    The excuse for Juuuunniooooor!!!!!!! Nation was always that he was in inferior equipment and that he was being held back by that. Well, now he's into his second year at Hendrick Motorsports (the BEST equipment in NA$CAR) and he's still nothing more than mediocre at best. What's the excuse now? Don't worry, I know the answer....it's Tony Eury Jr.

    God forbid Juuuunnioooor!!!!! Nation come to grips with the fact that he really isn't anything special when it comes to racing a car - let's just continue to blame everyone else.

    Here's a reality check, Juuuuunniooor!!!! Nation.......HE'S THE 4TH BEST DRIVER ON A 4 MAN TEAM......yet somehow he remains the most popular driver in NA$CAR. Would that be the case if Dale Sr. were still alive? Junior is popular because Daddy was a GREAT racer and died....period.

    Oh, and "Junior" IS a hillbilly (uhh, sorry.....Appalachian-American,) and is slightly more intelligent than my mailbox....maybe.

    I'd agree with most of that, I've always been a Hendrick fan so I still root for him to do well as long as he's not in front of Gordon. Id rather have Kyle Busch over Martin or Junior but oh well, Junior brings in the big sponsors so I'll live with it.

    What do you think about the 12 man shootout for the championship?

    Me personally I think it takes to much away from the begining of the season, they dont put enough value in winning races therefore guys race just to get into the top 12 rather than going out and trying to win every race

  • Thought I had posted a reply....hmmmm. Will try again...

    Lot's of hillbilly talk.

    Why is that deemed ok yet talking about other groups in disparaging ways isn't ok?

    @ballpeen said:

    Thought I had posted a reply....hmmmm. Will try again...

    Lot's of hillbilly talk.

    Why is that deemed ok yet talking about other groups in disparaging ways isn't ok?

    I've noticed this trend in society the last few years to quantify everyone as a hillbilly that isn't practically a metrosexual. If you're not some yuppy with a good job that lives in the burbs or the city and can't begin to change your own oil (or would ever consider it) than you must be a hillbilly.

    I don't know, I qualify in many categories as a hillbilly by the way it's used anymore. Neckar is the second most popular sport in the country, so to stereotype it as a "hillbilly" sport is figuring on a helluva lot of hillbillies in this country.

    I mean, I like to hunt deer, is that hillbilly? How about being from the country originally? Is being a hard working blue collar person construed as hillbilly? If you can fix things around your house instead of hire it done by another hillbilly is that being a hillbilly?

    I don't know, I'd like to get a concise definition of the term. I used to think I knew the term, but anymore I don't think so.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Thought I had posted a reply....hmmmm. Will try again...

    Lot's of hillbilly talk.

    Why is that deemed ok yet talking about other groups in disparaging ways isn't ok?

    I've noticed this trend in society the last few years to quantify everyone as a hillbilly that isn't practically a metrosexual. If you're not some yuppy with a good job that lives in the burbs or the city and can't begin to change your own oil (or would ever consider it) than you must be a hillbilly.

    I don't know, I qualify in many categories as a hillbilly by the way it's used anymore. Neckar is the second most popular sport in the country, so to stereotype it as a "hillbilly" sport is figuring on a helluva lot of hillbillies in this country.

    I mean, I like to hunt deer, is that hillbilly? How about being from the country originally? Is being a hard working blue collar person construed as hillbilly? If you can fix things around your house instead of hire it done by another hillbilly is that being a hillbilly?

    I don't know, I'd like to get a concise definition of the term. I used to think I knew the term, but anymore I don't think so.

    @riffer-x said:

    I've noticed this trend in society the last few years to quantify everyone as a hillbilly that isn't practically a metrosexual. If you're not some yuppy with a good job that lives in the burbs or the city and can't begin to change your own oil (or would ever consider it) than you must be a hillbilly.

    I don't know, I qualify in many categories as a hillbilly by the way it's used anymore. Neckar is the second most popular sport in the country, so to stereotype it as a "hillbilly" sport is figuring on a helluva lot of hillbillies in this country.

    I mean, I like to hunt deer, is that hillbilly? How about being from the country originally? Is being a hard working blue collar person construed as hillbilly? If you can fix things around your house instead of hire it done by another hillbilly is that being a hillbilly?

    I don't know, I'd like to get a concise definition of the term. I used to think I knew the term, but anymore I don't think so.

    this should help clear things up. I think I might have a little Redneck in me to

    http://www.fortogden.com/foredneck.html

  • It's pretty fargin' simple.

    MOTORSPORTS FORUM.

    That way those of you who consider, just as one example, someone who earned a degree in Engineering from Purdue University (if you're not impressed by that then it just further proves your ignorance) a hillbilly.....well, then you won't have to worry about hillbilly posts polluting the plasma screens from which you're surely reading this forum while riding around in your stretch limousine. In other words, you should WANT (nee, NEED) a Motorsports Forum so your servants' puny, simple minds won't be corrupted by the vile, unintelligible thoughts of those hillbillies....potentially tempting them to revolt.

    It would also provide someplace to discuss the Indy 500, IRL, F1, ALMS, etc.......that, all in addition to NA$CAR.

    But, nevermind.....there surely wouldn't be as broad of an appeal for that as for something like horse racing. 🙄

    Nope....certainly not an opportunity to increase hits, page views, whatever.

    @timugen said:

    It's pretty fargin' simple.

    MOTORSPORTS FORUM.

    That way those of you who consider, just as one example, someone who earned a degree in Engineering from Purdue University (if you're not impressed by that then it just further proves your ignorance) a hillbilly.....well, then you won't have to worry about hillbilly posts polluting the plasma screens from which you're surely reading this forum while riding around in your stretch limousine. In other words, you should WANT (nee, NEED) a Motorsports Forum so your servants' puny, simple minds won't be corrupted by the vile, unintelligible thoughts of those hillbillies....potentially tempting them to revolt.

    It would also provide someplace to discuss the Indy 500, IRL, F1, ALMS, etc.......that, all in addition to NA$CAR.

    But, nevermind.....there surely wouldn't be as broad of an appeal for that as for something like horse racing. 🙄

    Nope....certainly not an opportunity to increase hits, page views, whatever.

    This is the best post in this thread. Well written Tims.

  • Let's give this idea of a motorsports forum a test drive....

    Dale Earnhardt Jr. is the most over-hyped personality in all of sports. Were it not for his daddy, nobody would give a shite who he is.

    He is a good (but nowhere near great) driver, yet is the fan favorite. Why? Because of daddy.

    The excuse for Juuuunniooooor!!!!!!! Nation was always that he was in inferior equipment and that he was being held back by that. Well, now he's into his second year at Hendrick Motorsports (the BEST equipment in NA$CAR) and he's still nothing more than mediocre at best. What's the excuse now? Don't worry, I know the answer....it's Tony Eury Jr.

    God forbid Juuuunnioooor!!!!! Nation come to grips with the fact that he really isn't anything special when it comes to racing a car - let's just continue to blame everyone else.

    Here's a reality check, Juuuuunniooor!!!! Nation.......HE'S THE 4TH BEST DRIVER ON A 4 MAN TEAM......yet somehow he remains the most popular driver in NA$CAR. Would that be the case if Dale Sr. were still alive? Junior is popular because Daddy was a GREAT racer and died....period.

    Oh, and "Junior" IS a hillbilly (uhh, sorry.....Appalachian-American,) and is slightly more intelligent than my mailbox....maybe.

    @timugen said:

    Let's give this idea of a motorsports forum a test drive....

    Dale Earnhardt Jr. is the most over-hyped personality in all of sports. Were it not for his daddy, nobody would give a shite who he is.

    He is a good (but nowhere near great) driver, yet is the fan favorite. Why? Because of daddy.

    The excuse for Juuuunniooooor!!!!!!! Nation was always that he was in inferior equipment and that he was being held back by that. Well, now he's into his second year at Hendrick Motorsports (the BEST equipment in NA$CAR) and he's still nothing more than mediocre at best. What's the excuse now? Don't worry, I know the answer....it's Tony Eury Jr.

    God forbid Juuuunnioooor!!!!! Nation come to grips with the fact that he really isn't anything special when it comes to racing a car - let's just continue to blame everyone else.

    Here's a reality check, Juuuuunniooor!!!! Nation.......HE'S THE 4TH BEST DRIVER ON A 4 MAN TEAM......yet somehow he remains the most popular driver in NA$CAR. Would that be the case if Dale Sr. were still alive? Junior is popular because Daddy was a GREAT racer and died....period.

    Oh, and "Junior" IS a hillbilly (uhh, sorry.....Appalachian-American,) and is slightly more intelligent than my mailbox....maybe.

    I'd have to gather from your post that you are not a Juuuunniooooor Fag ? ? ? 😛

    That's a relief.

    I don't know anyone who is.

    More directly, I agree with you.

  • Well, it's apparently ok to ridicule hillbillies because they are not a darling of the left. So it goes. The left has the power

    to protect targets, and to attack targets.

    Meanwhile, everybody else had better speak "polticallly correct" or they will be targeted for hateful words and/or actions.

    The corrupt left is the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

  • God, home, and apple pie aren't all that popular with some.

    Oh well.

    Mom was from Alabama, spent my summers there, was raised and schooled in Ohio, and now live in Tennessee, so yep, all the hillbilly, redneck talk applies to me.

    It doesn't really bother me. Proud of it actually. It just bothers me that in one sentence people can scold some for something they say or think, and then turn right around and do it themself.

    I also know most don't even know what it means to be a hillbilly or redneck. They have visions of moonshine stills, bare feet, chasing blacks and slapping their women around.

    Here is the story of these Hillbillies...lol...they save the country before it even formed.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overmountain_Men

  • Zombo said:

    This thread is a great argument for why we don't need any of the suggested forums.

    l_d1df3e7a4bbf44dfaefd9108d372d07e.jpg

    I'm borrowing that pic and moving it to the Cheerleaders section...nice work! She can hop on my tractor anytime 😛