Skip to content

Nascar Forum?

The Browns Board
104 22 6.1k
  • Wow, sorry folks, I was just speaking in jest. I didn't mean to strike a nerve.

    The only people I am prejudiced against are assholes. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, regardless of who or what they are.

    Sheesh.

    ...

    -Al

  • @erie-dawg said:

    LOL, I think its time to come out of the closet....

    F-1 racing is not even on the radar of motorsports. Those cars are so tempermental, one pass across the grass or infield they disintergrate, POOF, gone.

    Yeah i'm a hillbilly and i'm willing to bet there are more NFL fans that watch NASCAR than F-1 you

    F-1Homo 🙄

    Ah come on, man. Not on the radar? Not on the radar in the USA, just like NASCAR isn't on the radar in the rest of the world. That's like saying Soccer isn't on the radar. As i mentioned in my previous post, there's more to this world than just the USA.

    ...and of course there are more NFL fans that watch NASCAR, they are based in the USA and have very little following outside of the USA. Americans love their Americana, and so do I, since I, indeed, have been born and raised in the good old US of A.

    I LOVE humanity...it's people that I can't stand...especially hillbillies!

    -Al, aka the F1 Homo AND the Soccer Homo.

    @geech said:

    I LOVE humanity...it's people that I can't stand...especially hillbillies!

    Wow...That is a change of heart. Now you say that Assholes are the only ones you don't like. But in the above statement you said you can't stand Hillbillies.

    Hmmmm.......Maybe it's Hilbillies that are Assholes that you don't like? Is that what you are trying to say?

    Oh wait...you were just joking around....Ok.

    I'm just trying to help you out Geech....After all your post in this thread, Well, it was like watching your mouth fall continually down the stairs.

  • I'm all for a Nascar forum, if that means we never have to hear about it here ever again.

    mz. said:

    I'm all for a Nascar forum, if that means we never have to hear about it here ever again.

    I can completely respect this. You don't care for it and enough said.

    It's when Geech and starts talking about NASCAR being dominated by hillbillies and that he can't stand them is what I have a problem with. It's not only ignorant but Bigoted.

    I'd like a Hockey forum too....But I doubt that 10% of the guys on this thread like hockey. I'm a huge N.Y. Rangers fan.

    I would be a Blue Jacket fan as I'm a fan of every other Ohio sports franchise but I started rooting for the Rangers 25 years ago and can't give up my first love!

    I became a Rangers fan because they were the Cleveland Indians of the NHL. They had not won a cup for 30 years. Then they finally won it in 1994.

  • @timugen said:

    Let's give this idea of a motorsports forum a test drive....

    Dale Earnhardt Jr. is the most over-hyped personality in all of sports. Were it not for his daddy, nobody would give a shite who he is.

    He is a good (but nowhere near great) driver, yet is the fan favorite. Why? Because of daddy.

    The excuse for Juuuunniooooor!!!!!!! Nation was always that he was in inferior equipment and that he was being held back by that. Well, now he's into his second year at Hendrick Motorsports (the BEST equipment in NA$CAR) and he's still nothing more than mediocre at best. What's the excuse now? Don't worry, I know the answer....it's Tony Eury Jr.

    God forbid Juuuunnioooor!!!!! Nation come to grips with the fact that he really isn't anything special when it comes to racing a car - let's just continue to blame everyone else.

    Here's a reality check, Juuuuunniooor!!!! Nation.......HE'S THE 4TH BEST DRIVER ON A 4 MAN TEAM......yet somehow he remains the most popular driver in NA$CAR. Would that be the case if Dale Sr. were still alive? Junior is popular because Daddy was a GREAT racer and died....period.

    Oh, and "Junior" IS a hillbilly (uhh, sorry.....Appalachian-American,) and is slightly more intelligent than my mailbox....maybe.

    I'd agree with most of that, I've always been a Hendrick fan so I still root for him to do well as long as he's not in front of Gordon. Id rather have Kyle Busch over Martin or Junior but oh well, Junior brings in the big sponsors so I'll live with it.

    What do you think about the 12 man shootout for the championship?

    Me personally I think it takes to much away from the begining of the season, they dont put enough value in winning races therefore guys race just to get into the top 12 rather than going out and trying to win every race

    nmills said:

    . What do you think about the 12 man shootout for the championship?

    Me personally I think it takes to much away from the begining of the season, they dont put enough value in winning races therefore guys race just to get into the top 12 rather than going out and trying to win every race

    I don't mind the shoot out as much as I mind how the 12 drivers get there. The problem you state would disappear if they made winning each race leading up to the shoot out more valuable.

    While Stewart has had a solid season it has also been without a win and he's second in points. I hate that.

    I'm a Jack Roush and Edwards fan. Carl hasn't said it (He can't) but I'm sure his attitude this year was that he was just going to be sure to hang around the top 12 rather than winning so many races. He won more than anyone last year and what good did it do him?

    This needs to change.

  • Who is gonna moderate the Nascar forum? Who's gonna build it up, and take responsibility for it?

    ... how do ya bet on the races?

  • Who is gonna moderate the Nascar forum? Who's gonna build it up, and take responsibility for it?

    ... how do ya bet on the races?

    @atenears said:

    Who is gonna moderate the Nascar forum? Who's gonna build it up, and take responsibility for it?

    ... how do ya bet on the races?

    Mills would probably do it since he suggested it.

    I'm willing to help moderate it. I've never done it but am willing to learn and help.

  • mz. said:

    I'm all for a Nascar forum, if that means we never have to hear about it here ever again.

    I can completely respect this. You don't care for it and enough said.

    It's when Geech and starts talking about NASCAR being dominated by hillbillies and that he can't stand them is what I have a problem with. It's not only ignorant but Bigoted.

    I'd like a Hockey forum too....But I doubt that 10% of the guys on this thread like hockey. I'm a huge N.Y. Rangers fan.

    I would be a Blue Jacket fan as I'm a fan of every other Ohio sports franchise but I started rooting for the Rangers 25 years ago and can't give up my first love!

    I became a Rangers fan because they were the Cleveland Indians of the NHL. They had not won a cup for 30 years. Then they finally won it in 1994.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    I became a Rangers fan because they were the Cleveland Indians of the NHL. They had not won a cup for 30 years. Then they finally won it in 1994.

    And I was a Devils fan back when I still watched/cared about hockey (I'm from NJ) and remember 1994 very well. 🙂

  • @oldcrow1945 said:

    I became a Rangers fan because they were the Cleveland Indians of the NHL. They had not won a cup for 30 years. Then they finally won it in 1994.

    And I was a Devils fan back when I still watched/cared about hockey (I'm from NJ) and remember 1994 very well. 🙂

    mz. said:

    And I was a Devils fan back when I still watched/cared about hockey (I'm from NJ) and remember 1994 very well. 🙂

    Uh Oh....The hated Devils!!! What a huge rivalry that is!

    yeah, the vision of Messier shaking that cup is burned into my memory.

  • Enjoy!

    I remember this shit like it was yesterday...

  • Im not a big nascar fan, and even live in the heart of it. I did get to go to Indy when I was a teenager. Now that was exciting.

    Poor #3 rip, when dale passed away you would of thought they ended slavery in NC again. The window decal/sign guys made some bucks on that.

    decal.gif

  • Enjoy!

    I remember this shit like it was yesterday...

    mz. said:

    Enjoy!

    I remember this shit like it was yesterday...

    Dude. you just made my night. I am one big goosebump.

    I still have his poster in my rec room.

  • @erie-dawg said:

    LOL, I think its time to come out of the closet....

    F-1 racing is not even on the radar of motorsports. Those cars are so tempermental, one pass across the grass or infield they disintergrate, POOF, gone.

    Yeah i'm a hillbilly and i'm willing to bet there are more NFL fans that watch NASCAR than F-1 you

    F-1Homo 🙄

    Ah come on, man. Not on the radar? Not on the radar in the USA, just like NASCAR isn't on the radar in the rest of the world. That's like saying Soccer isn't on the radar. As i mentioned in my previous post, there's more to this world than just the USA.

    ...and of course there are more NFL fans that watch NASCAR, they are based in the USA and have very little following outside of the USA. Americans love their Americana, and so do I, since I, indeed, have been born and raised in the good old US of A.

    I LOVE humanity...it's people that I can't stand...especially hillbillies!

    -Al, aka the F1 Homo AND the Soccer Homo.

    @geech said:

    I LOVE humanity...it's people that I can't stand...

    You see, this is exactly where I started to show that what I had been saying was in jest. That statement is a joke told many times by many people. Apparently, you have never heard it, so you took my statements seriously. Believe what you want to believe.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    Since "People" is a reference to certain groups and not humanity as a whole I would say you are the epitome of a racist and bigot.

    That's a stretch. You definitely took the word "people" out of context.

    peoâ‹…ple

      /ˈpipəl/ [pee-puhl] noun, plural -ples, verb, -pled, -pling.

    - human beings, as distinguished from animals or other beings.

    Racist? Since when is American and/or hillbilly a race?

    Anyways, I don't care what you think of me nor of what you think I think. If you can't take a joke, that's not my problem.

    Call me all the names you want, I don't care. Believe what you want to believe.

    -Al

  • @geech said:

    I LOVE humanity...it's people that I can't stand...

    You see, this is exactly where I started to show that what I had been saying was in jest. That statement is a joke told many times by many people. Apparently, you have never heard it, so you took my statements seriously. Believe what you want to believe.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    Since "People" is a reference to certain groups and not humanity as a whole I would say you are the epitome of a racist and bigot.

    That's a stretch. You definitely took the word "people" out of context.

    peoâ‹…ple

      /ˈpipəl/ [pee-puhl] noun, plural -ples, verb, -pled, -pling.

    - human beings, as distinguished from animals or other beings.

    Racist? Since when is American and/or hillbilly a race?

    Anyways, I don't care what you think of me nor of what you think I think. If you can't take a joke, that's not my problem.

    Call me all the names you want, I don't care. Believe what you want to believe.

    -Al

    @geech said:

    peoâ‹…ple

      /ˈpipəl/ [pee-puhl] noun, plural -ples, verb, -pled, -pling.

    - human beings, as distinguished from animals or other beings.

    Oh geez...I've heard it all now. Then your orignal statement that you love humanity but hate people like hillbillies makes no sense. If you use your definition of "People" that you posted above, it would be like your original quote was, "I love humanity but I hate humanity".

    The definition of "People" you list in the above quote is the same as the definition of "Humanity". That makes your orignal post senseless. You were making a clear seperation and distinction between Humanity and people.

    Your quote was "I love humanity but hate people, especially hillbillies". Thus, "Humanity" and "people" cannot refer to humans as a whole. "People" in your post referred to a certain group or race.

    Go down Webster's definition of "People" to about the third or fourth listing and that is the context you meant to portray in that statement. I'm pretty sure the third or fourth listing will show the definition as 'Particular groups of persons"

    As in...Jewish "people", or Black "people". Or Hill "people".

    That is what you meant....I can't believe you are trying to back out of that one now! And doing it by making no sense whatsoever! ROTFL!!! I said before that this conversation with you has been like watching your mouth fall down the stairs and it just continues.

    You should've either apologized or stuck by your original post. That is, that you hate hillbillies. This back tracking makes you look really ridiculous.

  • Who is gonna moderate the Nascar forum? Who's gonna build it up, and take responsibility for it?

    ... how do ya bet on the races?

    @atenears said:

    Who is gonna moderate the Nascar forum? Who's gonna build it up, and take responsibility for it?

    ... how do ya bet on the races?

    I'd be willing to help. Me, Oldcrow1945 and Timugen if willing should be able to hold the fort down.

    heres a link for betting

    http://www.buzzle.com/articles/how-to-bet-...tting-odds.html

  • Here is my view: I really have no interest in any sport that involves an engine.

    If the only thing at issue is "who can go faster" and if it involves an engine, then give me a Spaceship race or nothing. Spaceships go what? 18,000 miles an hour. Let's have the John Glenn Grand Prix. Three times around the earth. Winner gets awarded a glass of salt water.

    That would suffice until they invent warp speed.

    The Gipper

  • I'd rather Geech just admit he doesn't like hillbillies and then hear his defintion. That would be a better read.

  • Im not a big nascar fan, and even live in the heart of it. I did get to go to Indy when I was a teenager. Now that was exciting.

    Poor #3 rip, when dale passed away you would of thought they ended slavery in NC again. The window decal/sign guys made some bucks on that.

    decal.gif

    @mr.-t said:

    Im not a big nascar fan, and even live in the heart of it. I did get to go to Indy when I was a teenager. Now that was exciting.

    Poor #3 rip, when dale passed away you would of thought they ended slavery in NC again. The window decal/sign guys made some bucks on that.

    decal.gif

    He was gay you know just like Jeff Gordon.

  • @mr.-t said:

    Im not a big nascar fan, and even live in the heart of it. I did get to go to Indy when I was a teenager. Now that was exciting.

    Poor #3 rip, when dale passed away you would of thought they ended slavery in NC again. The window decal/sign guys made some bucks on that.

    decal.gif

    He was gay you know just like Jeff Gordon.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    He was gay you know just like Jeff Gordon.

    yea you'd have to be gay to marry this

    08_ingrid-vandebosch_09.jpg

  • @geech said:

    I LOVE humanity...it's people that I can't stand...

    You see, this is exactly where I started to show that what I had been saying was in jest. That statement is a joke told many times by many people. Apparently, you have never heard it, so you took my statements seriously. Believe what you want to believe.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    Since "People" is a reference to certain groups and not humanity as a whole I would say you are the epitome of a racist and bigot.

    That's a stretch. You definitely took the word "people" out of context.

    peoâ‹…ple

      /ˈpipəl/ [pee-puhl] noun, plural -ples, verb, -pled, -pling.

    - human beings, as distinguished from animals or other beings.

    Racist? Since when is American and/or hillbilly a race?

    Anyways, I don't care what you think of me nor of what you think I think. If you can't take a joke, that's not my problem.

    Call me all the names you want, I don't care. Believe what you want to believe.

    -Al

    @geech said:

    You see, this is exactly where I started to show that what I had been saying was in jest. That statement is a joke told many times by many people. Apparently, you have never heard it, so you took my statements seriously. Believe what you want to believe.

    yeah and I was kidding when I called you an F-1 fag..... seriously.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    He was gay you know just like Jeff Gordon.

    yea you'd have to be gay to marry this

    08_ingrid-vandebosch_09.jpg

    nmills said:

    yea you'd have to be gay to marry this

    08_ingrid-vandebosch_09.jpg

    yummy