Skip to content

Have they learned their lesson?

The Browns Board
96 24 2.3k
  • Who are these dumb fans you speak of? 90 percent of fans want Garrett at 1.and eventually they will need to draft a QB. No pick is 100 percent guaranteed to be a playmaker. And it's not even about drafting bad qbs. They just draft terrible in general. We will see what the FO does. You can't blame the fans for wanting a QB. We can't pretend like the QB position is not important.

  • There (their) 😉 were plenty of threads on here to chose from on the subject with many fans stating we should not jump with his group. Pick one of those and read it top to bottom.

  • The same fans that wanted little johnny and rg3. They want a qb so bad they can't stand it. Instead of fixing what they can on the rest of the team and letting it come organically.

  • I hope I am proved wrong but I fear they are gonna fuck it up big time Thursday

  • These Browns didn't draft jm. These Browns didn't draft RGIII, just signed him to give

    him a chance.

    Different front office now. They don't have to learn THEIR lesson.

    There.

  • I must be dumb because I want a QB... but you guys are oh so much smarter and want this POS.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/warren-sapp-says-myles-garrett-isnt-worthy-of-no-1-pick-in-2017-nfl-draft/

  • I must be dumb because I want a QB... but you guys are oh so much smarter and want this POS.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/warren-sapp-says-myles-garrett-isnt-worthy-of-no-1-pick-in-2017-nfl-draft/

    @nickers said:

    I must be dumb because I want a QB... but you guys are oh so much smarter and want this POS.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/warren-sapp-says-myles-garrett-isnt-worthy-of-no-1-pick-in-2017-nfl-draft/

    We should draft the guy who couldn't beat out Marquise Williams, a QB who is now on the street.

  • I wouldn't be upset if we didn't grab a QB. I think anything we put out this year with our revamped o line will be better than last year. And I'm rooting for Cody Kessler to step up and be the starter. But... don't act like QB isn't a huge need. And for the guy listening to Warren Sapp out of all people. Hahaha. Get off his nuts 2 threads about the same article. Ok we get it you don't like Garrett. Haha.

  • If the Browns take a QB early then it'll be a new thing, people act like they've taken QBs early all the time. Quinn, Weeden and Manziel were late first round picks.

  • Sashi ....I don't know what your username is on this board ( probably Ghoolie ) but please don't reach for a QB ...... Garrett at 1 and OJ at 12 if he is still there .....

  • If they jump for Trubs @ #1 his name will be Shitski and next year at this time he will be walking the the streets with all the other brains in the FO.

    Edit: nickers-when we select Garrett send him the article to post on his locker door. He will read it there every day.

  • If they jump for Trubs @ #1 his name will be Shitski and next year at this time he will be walking the the streets with all the other brains in the FO.

    Edit: nickers-when we select Garrett send him the article to post on his locker door. He will read it there every day.

    @texasag1969 said:

    If they jump for Trubs @ #1 his name will be Shitski and next year at this time he will be walking the the streets with all the other brains in the FO.

    Edit: nickers-when we select Garrett send him the article to post on his locker door. He will read it there every day.

    Yes annd remember where you heard it.. Garrett will be playing in Dallas when his rookie contract expires...Book it.. He DOES NOT want to be in Cleveland... And you'll all be crying like bitches...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    If they jump for Trubs @ #1 his name will be Shitski and next year at this time he will be walking the the streets with all the other brains in the FO.

    Edit: nickers-when we select Garrett send him the article to post on his locker door. He will read it there every day.

    Yes annd remember where you heard it.. Garrett will be playing in Dallas when his rookie contract expires...Book it.. He DOES NOT want to be in Cleveland... And you'll all be crying like bitches...

    @nickers said:

    Yes annd remember where you heard it.. Garrett will be playing in Dallas when his rookie contract expires...Book it.. He DOES NOT want to be in Cleveland... And you'll all be crying like bitches...

    So far you are the only one I see bitching and crying.

  • Once again the browns have top picks. once again the dumb fans are wanting another qb. But have the browns learned there lesson. Plan and simple lol the qbs in this draft suck and will fail. Massive reach and taking one before the fourth round is a wasted pick. So have they learned there lesson.

    @babernakle said:

    Once again the browns have top picks. once again the dumb fans are wanting another qb. But have the browns learned there lesson. Plan and simple lol the qbs in this draft suck and will fail. Massive reach and taking one before the fourth round is a wasted pick. So have they learned there lesson.

    So....you think that the Browns should never try to get a good QB.

    I mean, I guess it is true that the 1990 Giants, the 2000 Ravens and the 2002 Buccaneers won a championship without "good" QBs.

    Of course, that method is vastly in the minority when it comes to building championship caliber teams.

    But, if that is the method the Browns choose to follow, then they just need to say so, so as not to have their fans operating under the belief that acquiring a franchise type QB is important to them. It would remove a lot of fans heartache over the issue, even if it would not remove the second guessing.

  • @nickers said:

    I must be dumb because I want a QB... but you guys are oh so much smarter and want this POS.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/warren-sapp-says-myles-garrett-isnt-worthy-of-no-1-pick-in-2017-nfl-draft/

    We should draft the guy who couldn't beat out Marquise Williams, a QB who is now on the street.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    We should draft the guy who couldn't beat out Marquise Williams, a QB who is now on the street.

    Means nothing. Tom Brady wasn't first string at all. Tony Romo only got his chance because of injury. There are plenty of other examples.

  • Once again the browns have top picks. once again the dumb fans are wanting another qb. But have the browns learned there lesson. Plan and simple lol the qbs in this draft suck and will fail. Massive reach and taking one before the fourth round is a wasted pick. So have they learned there lesson.

    @babernakle said:

    Once again the browns have top picks. once again the dumb fans are wanting another qb. But have the browns learned there lesson. Plan and simple lol the qbs in this draft suck and will fail. Massive reach and taking one before the fourth round is a wasted pick. So have they learned there lesson.

    So I assume you've watched hours of tape on all the quarterbacks like the Front office has done, interviewed them. and come to the conclusion that they all suck?

    @babernakle said:

    The same fans that wanted little johnny and rg3. They want a qb so bad they can't stand it. Instead of fixing what they can on the rest of the team and letting it come organically.

    For the record, I didn't want either of those bums, and I almost threw up when they drafted Johnny. Yup, we're going to fix the rest of the team, and just like the Steelers the next Ben Rothlisberger is going to fall into our lap @ #9 or so. Maybe we'll get even luckier and find another Derek Carr in the second. FWIW, I'm damn tired of counting on luck.

    @texasag1969 said:

    If they jump for Trubs @ #1 his name will be Shitski and next year at this time he will be walking the the streets with all the other brains in the FO.

    Edit: nickers-when we select Garrett send him the article to post on his locker door. He will read it there every day.

    Now you know Ag I really want Mitch- just not @#1, or #2 or #3 either. 🙂 We haven't drafted a qb high since Couch. Trubs is generally considered the best qb prospect by many observers- it's time to roll the dice. Or would you rather have to sell the farm to get Darnold next year?

  • The same fans that wanted little johnny and rg3. They want a qb so bad they can't stand it. Instead of fixing what they can on the rest of the team and letting it come organically.

    @babernakle said:

    The same fans that wanted little johnny and rg3. They want a qb so bad they can't stand it. Instead of fixing what they can on the rest of the team and letting it come organically.

    I love a good "same fans" argument... especially in rebuttal to a "there aren't that many" reply.

    @calfoxwc said:

    These Browns didn't draft jm. These Browns didn't draft RGIII, just signed him to give him a chance. Different front office now. They don't have to learn THEIR lesson. There.

    Ed Zackery... and the cool thing? Sashi was around when those trainwrecks happened to see them happen and know the how and why of them happening. He simply wasn't in a position to stop them, if he saw them coming, but regardless... now he is in THE position to keep us from going down that road again.

    @nickers said:

    I must be dumb because I want a QB... but you guys are oh so much smarter and want this POS.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/warren-sapp-says-myles-garrett-isnt-worthy-of-no-1-pick-in-2017-nfl-draft/

    Dumb? No... Mistaken?

    It's a difference of opinion... no biggee... unless you want to make it one. From your other post it seems you are latched onto his "play in Dallas" comment... the comment he's since retracted/explained away 20 different ways 'til Sunday. Most of it simply let it go... that's all.

    @nickers said:

    Yes annd remember where you heard it.. Garrett will be playing in Dallas when his rookie contract expires...Book it.. He DOES NOT want to be in Cleveland... And you'll all be crying like bitches...

    Preserved for shits & giggles...

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    Means nothing. Tom Brady wasn't first string at all. Tony Romo only got his chance because of injury. There are plenty of other examples.

    True statement... give or take 25 starts. His starting record at Michigan? 20-5...

    Thanks for playing our game.

  • @babernakle said:

    Once again the browns have top picks. once again the dumb fans are wanting another qb. But have the browns learned there lesson. Plan and simple lol the qbs in this draft suck and will fail. Massive reach and taking one before the fourth round is a wasted pick. So have they learned there lesson.

    So I assume you've watched hours of tape on all the quarterbacks like the Front office has done, interviewed them. and come to the conclusion that they all suck?

    @babernakle said:

    The same fans that wanted little johnny and rg3. They want a qb so bad they can't stand it. Instead of fixing what they can on the rest of the team and letting it come organically.

    For the record, I didn't want either of those bums, and I almost threw up when they drafted Johnny. Yup, we're going to fix the rest of the team, and just like the Steelers the next Ben Rothlisberger is going to fall into our lap @ #9 or so. Maybe we'll get even luckier and find another Derek Carr in the second. FWIW, I'm damn tired of counting on luck.

    @texasag1969 said:

    If they jump for Trubs @ #1 his name will be Shitski and next year at this time he will be walking the the streets with all the other brains in the FO.

    Edit: nickers-when we select Garrett send him the article to post on his locker door. He will read it there every day.

    Now you know Ag I really want Mitch- just not @#1, or #2 or #3 either. 🙂 We haven't drafted a qb high since Couch. Trubs is generally considered the best qb prospect by many observers- it's time to roll the dice. Or would you rather have to sell the farm to get Darnold next year?

    @hoorta said:

    Now you know Ag I really want Mitch- just not @#1, or #2 or #3 either. 🙂 We haven't drafted a qb high since Couch. Trubs is generally considered the best qb prospect by many observers- it's time to roll the dice. Or would you rather have to sell the farm to get Darnold next year?

    If we take him @12 I won't cry, but don't sell out the defensive draft of this year to get the best of a below average group of QB's.

    If we have a great group of players in need of a QB, then sure, spend it for a jump for either Darnold or Rosen, both of whom are far better than any I have seen in this draft. Seems that has worked for other teams, so why not the Browns.

    Edit-nickers no need to catastrophize this many years out. The guy wants to be part of a turnaround and is loyal to a fault once he is committed. Besides I'm counting on you to be in his ear from day one about the Dog Pound. He's already mentioned playing for it. 😁

  • Dear h,

    • Not into "dice rolls"...
    • As for the farm? I'll let you know next year.

    Sincerely,

    Tour

  • If the Browns take a QB early then it'll be a new thing, people act like they've taken QBs early all the time. Quinn, Weeden and Manziel were late first round picks.

    @londonbrown said:

    If the Browns take a QB early then it'll be a new thing, people act like they've taken QBs early all the time. Quinn, Weeden and Manziel were late first round picks.

    If I have to chose QB or DE at one, I have to take the QB. Don't understand how taking one of three QB's at one is a reach, when 2 and maybe 3 QB's may go top 10.