Skip to content

Have they learned their lesson?

The Browns Board
96 24 2.3k
  • You bought tickets gumby?

  • @londonbrown said:

    I've resigned myself to the fact Jimmy Haslam hasn't learned anything from the Manziel fiasco and is going to do something stupid tonight.

    If it's still reach for "butts in seats" with the local kid? We have learned nothing 🤔 ..13 hours baby. Train pulls into Philly at 6 PM. If you feel the TV coverage falls behind PM me. logging in with phone.

    @gumby73 said:

    If it's still reach for "butts in seats" with the local kid? We have learned nothing

    Yep and I expect Hue and staff to walk sooner rather than later.

    Enjoy being at the event !

  • You bought tickets gumby?

    @lbc-mike said:

    You bought tickets gumby?

    54th Birthday Friday. Am in the room day 2. rounds 2&3..They got Wentz..I stole 2 Eagles Seats..at least I got even 😉 gotta roll

  • Have fun

  • @lbc-mike said:

    You bought tickets gumby?

    54th Birthday Friday. Am in the room day 2. rounds 2&3..They got Wentz..I stole 2 Eagles Seats..at least I got even 😉 gotta roll

    @gumby73 said:

    54th Birthday Friday. 😉 gotta roll

    Dammit who let these babies out of the crib room? 😛

    Happy birthday! (Hopefully) 😁

  • @lbc-mike said:

    You bought tickets gumby?

    54th Birthday Friday. Am in the room day 2. rounds 2&3..They got Wentz..I stole 2 Eagles Seats..at least I got even 😉 gotta roll

    "... urban jackoff..."

    No decoder ring needed for that one...

    @gumby73 said:

    54th Birthday Friday. Am in the room day 2. rounds 2&3..They got Wentz..I stole 2 Eagles Seats..at least I got even 😉 gotta roll

    Hope it's a happy one... How are the accommodations?

    And more importantly..... Geno's or Pat's?

  • "... urban jackoff..."

    No decoder ring needed for that one...

    @gumby73 said:

    54th Birthday Friday. Am in the room day 2. rounds 2&3..They got Wentz..I stole 2 Eagles Seats..at least I got even 😉 gotta roll

    Hope it's a happy one... How are the accommodations?

    And more importantly..... Geno's or Pat's?

    @tour2ma said:

    Hope it's a happy one... How are the accommodations?

    And more importantly..... Geno's or Pat's?

    Thanks Guys.. Bumpy at this point, till 6pmish, chuck the bags in the room & as close as we can get to it tonight. Pats always seems to be the winners over any Geno's. If pounding them MF'n Pancakes won't work how bout a Gyro? Lamb? we got to sacrifice something? Bah Got a place?

  • Interview this morning with Sumlin on Garrett.

  • Here's what I want the Harvard Committee to do in the draft:

    Stick to their plan!

    Don't get sidetracked by the homeless guy...or by Jimmuh.

    They're supposed to be so friggin' Harvard smart. They've done their mind melds. Hopefully they learned some stuff from last year and have an improved plan. And it HAS to be a different plan (I think anyway). Last year was about getting young and gathering picks. So...they got young and now is the time to use the picks.

    If they screw up big time...then they deserve what happens to them. But go down WITH your plan instead of going down by getting caught up in draft day craziness.

    @orion said:

    Here's what I want the Harvard Committee to do in the draft:

    Stick to their plan!

    Don't get sidetracked by the homeless guy...or by Jimmuh.

    They're supposed to be so friggin' Harvard smart. They've done their mind melds. Hopefully they learned some stuff from last year and have an improved plan. And it HAS to be a different plan (I think anyway). Last year was about getting young and gathering picks. So...they got young and now is the time to use the picks.

    If they screw up big time...then they deserve what happens to them. But go down WITH your plan instead of going down by getting caught up in draft day craziness.

    So? If the plan then is to take Trubisky...then you are all on board? It is, after all the Harvard plan.

  • 49er CEO just said you need a superstar QB to win a super bowl. Limp biscuit is not

    @lbc-mike said:

    49er CEO just said you need a superstar QB to win a super bowl. Limp biscuit is not

    Last time I noticed he has a better chance of being a Superstar QB than Garrett has of being one. In case you didn't notice.

  • @darren15 said:

    The 49rs are so happy it is Cleveland picking at one as they know they are the only team picking there that gives them a chance of taking Garrett ....... only team who would be dumb enough to not take Garrett ...

    I heard yesterday from multiple football people on multiple NFL programs that basically only one team in 32 would ever screw this up by not taking Garrett. And this question was always said with huge laugh, "Are the Browns gonna Browns?" What a fantastic reputation to carry!

    They screw the pooch and the new joke will be, "How many Harvard grads does it take draft in the NFL? Only the number that take Brownsing 101"

    @texasag1969 said:

    I heard yesterday from multiple football people on multiple NFL programs that basically only one team in 32 would ever screw this up by not taking Garrett. And this question was always said with huge laugh, "Are the Browns gonna Browns?" What a fantastic reputation to carry!

    They screw the pooch and the new joke will be, "How many Harvard grads does it take draft in the NFL? Only the number that take Brownsing 101"

    I am going to go just a little bit Ghoolie on this: While it may be that all the other teams would pick Garrett, I say that he will become a Courtney Browns style bust...no matter who picks him.

    I would rather go with MT and Barnett....than go with Garrett and miss out on MT.

    But, yes, if the Browns can get both.....I would be good with that. (but it may still not save MG from being CB2)

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I heard yesterday from multiple football people on multiple NFL programs that basically only one team in 32 would ever screw this up by not taking Garrett. And this question was always said with huge laugh, "Are the Browns gonna Browns?" What a fantastic reputation to carry!

    They screw the pooch and the new joke will be, "How many Harvard grads does it take draft in the NFL? Only the number that take Brownsing 101"

    I am going to go just a little bit Ghoolie on this: While it may be that all the other teams would pick Garrett, I say that he will become a Courtney Browns style bust...no matter who picks him.

    I would rather go with MT and Barnett....than go with Garrett and miss out on MT.

    But, yes, if the Browns can get both.....I would be good with that. (but it may still not save MG from being CB2)

    @the-gipper said:

    I am going to go just a little bit Ghoolie on this: While it may be that all the other teams would pick Garrett, I say that he will become a Courtney Browns style bust...no matter who picks him.

    I would rather go with MT and Barnett....than go with Garrett and miss out on MT.

    But, yes, if the Browns can get both.....I would be good with that. (but it may still not save MG from being CB2)

    I would be fine with Garrett and a trade up for their QB of choice using most or maybe even all of our 5th & 6th round players, maybe even 4th plus some of those. But leave all in 1-3 this year (except 12) and next alone. Too many great players through 3.1 at least this year.

  • the title of this thread should be OR HOW CAN THE BROWNS FUCK THIS ONE UP?

  • @orion said:

    Here's what I want the Harvard Committee to do in the draft:

    Stick to their plan!

    Don't get sidetracked by the homeless guy...or by Jimmuh.

    They're supposed to be so friggin' Harvard smart. They've done their mind melds. Hopefully they learned some stuff from last year and have an improved plan. And it HAS to be a different plan (I think anyway). Last year was about getting young and gathering picks. So...they got young and now is the time to use the picks.

    If they screw up big time...then they deserve what happens to them. But go down WITH your plan instead of going down by getting caught up in draft day craziness.

    So? If the plan then is to take Trubisky...then you are all on board? It is, after all the Harvard plan.

    @the-gipper said:

    So? If the plan then is to take Trubisky...then you are all on board? It is, after all the Harvard plan.

    I can never fault an organization that doesn't have the QB position settled, for selecting the best QB in the draft. To me, the position is just THAT important. Now obviously, if you don't think that ANY of the QB's are any good then you have to pick the best player available.

  • @the-gipper said:

    So? If the plan then is to take Trubisky...then you are all on board? It is, after all the Harvard plan.

    I can never fault an organization that doesn't have the QB position settled, for selecting the best QB in the draft. To me, the position is just THAT important. Now obviously, if you don't think that ANY of the QB's are any good then you have to pick the best player available.

    @orion said:

    I can never fault an organization that doesn't have the QB position settled, for selecting the best QB in the draft. To me, the position is just THAT important. Now obviously, if you don't think that ANY of the QB's are any good then you have to pick the best player available.

    So we missed the boat on Geno Smith?

  • WHY GARRETT COULD BUST I THINK THERE IS A WAY BIGGER CHANCE THAT TRUBISKY BUST!!!! NO QB IN THIS DRAFT DESERVES A TOP 10 SELECTION.

  • Been saying that all year. I am totally okay going 500 this year and selling the farm next year for a qb .

    I am hoping the front office is not near sighted

  • prob is there is a lack of QB talent in the ENTIRE league. teams are willing to throw dice to try and find their franchise guy. you think the jags are sold on bortles? jets need. buffallo needs. we need.....and we're not even talking about heir apparents and one injury you're screwed teams which would include another dozen at least..

    just let trubisky or watson or whoever go on to be a HOFer and the browns fans like us look back at the draft like we did wentz last year.

    then what'll you say?

    i'm not advocating taking trub @1 but if there is a way to have your cake and eat it too, it might be worth it to move back up to get your guy....whoever that might be.

  • I WOULDNT MIND HIM AT 12 OR MOVING BACK INTO TOP 10 BUT THIS TEAM CANT AFFORD RISKING NUMBER 1 ON A QB WITH 13 GAMES EXPIERENCE.

  • Been saying that all year. I am totally okay going 500 this year and selling the farm next year for a qb .

    I am hoping the front office is not near sighted

    Please... no "cap lock".... thanks...

    @lbc-mike said:

    Been saying that all year. I am totally okay going 500 this year and selling the farm next year for a qb .

    .500? Please PM the name of your dealer...