Have they learned their lesson?
-
I heard yesterday from multiple football people on multiple NFL programs that basically only one team in 32 would ever screw this up by not taking Garrett. And this question was always said with huge laugh, "Are the Browns gonna Browns?" What a fantastic reputation to carry!
They screw the pooch and the new joke will be, "How many Harvard grads does it take draft in the NFL? Only the number that take Brownsing 101"
I am going to go just a little bit Ghoolie on this: While it may be that all the other teams would pick Garrett, I say that he will become a Courtney Browns style bust...no matter who picks him.
I would rather go with MT and Barnett....than go with Garrett and miss out on MT.
But, yes, if the Browns can get both.....I would be good with that. (but it may still not save MG from being CB2)
I am going to go just a little bit Ghoolie on this: While it may be that all the other teams would pick Garrett, I say that he will become a Courtney Browns style bust...no matter who picks him.
I would rather go with MT and Barnett....than go with Garrett and miss out on MT.
But, yes, if the Browns can get both.....I would be good with that. (but it may still not save MG from being CB2)
I would be fine with Garrett and a trade up for their QB of choice using most or maybe even all of our 5th & 6th round players, maybe even 4th plus some of those. But leave all in 1-3 this year (except 12) and next alone. Too many great players through 3.1 at least this year.
-
the title of this thread should be OR HOW CAN THE BROWNS FUCK THIS ONE UP?
-
Here's what I want the Harvard Committee to do in the draft:
Stick to their plan!
Don't get sidetracked by the homeless guy...or by Jimmuh.
They're supposed to be so friggin' Harvard smart. They've done their mind melds. Hopefully they learned some stuff from last year and have an improved plan. And it HAS to be a different plan (I think anyway). Last year was about getting young and gathering picks. So...they got young and now is the time to use the picks.
If they screw up big time...then they deserve what happens to them. But go down WITH your plan instead of going down by getting caught up in draft day craziness.
So? If the plan then is to take Trubisky...then you are all on board? It is, after all the Harvard plan.
So? If the plan then is to take Trubisky...then you are all on board? It is, after all the Harvard plan.
I can never fault an organization that doesn't have the QB position settled, for selecting the best QB in the draft. To me, the position is just THAT important. Now obviously, if you don't think that ANY of the QB's are any good then you have to pick the best player available.
-
So? If the plan then is to take Trubisky...then you are all on board? It is, after all the Harvard plan.
I can never fault an organization that doesn't have the QB position settled, for selecting the best QB in the draft. To me, the position is just THAT important. Now obviously, if you don't think that ANY of the QB's are any good then you have to pick the best player available.
I can never fault an organization that doesn't have the QB position settled, for selecting the best QB in the draft. To me, the position is just THAT important. Now obviously, if you don't think that ANY of the QB's are any good then you have to pick the best player available.
So we missed the boat on Geno Smith?
-
Been saying that all year. I am totally okay going 500 this year and selling the farm next year for a qb .
I am hoping the front office is not near sighted
-
prob is there is a lack of QB talent in the ENTIRE league. teams are willing to throw dice to try and find their franchise guy. you think the jags are sold on bortles? jets need. buffallo needs. we need.....and we're not even talking about heir apparents and one injury you're screwed teams which would include another dozen at least..
just let trubisky or watson or whoever go on to be a HOFer and the browns fans like us look back at the draft like we did wentz last year.
then what'll you say?
i'm not advocating taking trub @1 but if there is a way to have your cake and eat it too, it might be worth it to move back up to get your guy....whoever that might be.
-
Been saying that all year. I am totally okay going 500 this year and selling the farm next year for a qb .
I am hoping the front office is not near sighted
-
-
I am going to go just a little bit Ghoolie on this: While it may be that all the other teams would pick Garrett, I say that he will become a Courtney Browns style bust...no matter who picks him.
I would rather go with MT and Barnett....than go with Garrett and miss out on MT.
But, yes, if the Browns can get both.....I would be good with that. (but it may still not save MG from being CB2)
I would be fine with Garrett and a trade up for their QB of choice using most or maybe even all of our 5th & 6th round players, maybe even 4th plus some of those. But leave all in 1-3 this year (except 12) and next alone. Too many great players through 3.1 at least this year.
I would be fine with Garrett and a trade up for their QB of choice using most or maybe even all of our 5th & 6th round players, maybe even 4th plus some of those. But leave all in 1-3 this year (except 12) and next alone. Too many great players through 3.1 at least this year.
Use what ammunition you have..even if it is a 2d. Sure, if a 5t/6th rounder would get us from #12 to #5...great. You cannot be Pollyannish enough to think that is the case though.
-
prob is there is a lack of QB talent in the ENTIRE league. teams are willing to throw dice to try and find their franchise guy. you think the jags are sold on bortles? jets need. buffallo needs. we need.....and we're not even talking about heir apparents and one injury you're screwed teams which would include another dozen at least..
just let trubisky or watson or whoever go on to be a HOFer and the browns fans like us look back at the draft like we did wentz last year.
then what'll you say?
i'm not advocating taking trub @1 but if there is a way to have your cake and eat it too, it might be worth it to move back up to get your guy....whoever that might be.
prob is there is a lack of QB talent in the ENTIRE league. teams are willing to throw dice to try and find their franchise guy. you think the jags are sold on bortles? jets need. buffallo needs. we need.....and we're not even talking about heir apparents and one injury you're screwed teams which would include another dozen at least..
just let trubisky or watson or whoever go on to be a HOFer and the browns fans like us look back at the draft like we did wentz last year.
then what'll you say?
i'm not advocating taking trub @1 but if there is a way to have your cake and eat it too, it might be worth it to move back up to get your guy....whoever that might be.
I am NOT at all looking back at Wentz from last year. What is the point of that? I think MT will be better....but who really knows. All I can say is right here, right now, I would rather have MT than Wentz. No regrets.
Even if they don't get MT...well....that still won't have me pining over the loss of Wentz.
The only guy I regret the Browns not taking is Aaron Rodgers. (that includes BR)....but I think we have the chance to get the next Aaron Rodgers.
-
@ghoolie said:
Mitch Trubisky represents the greatest upside to the Browns. If Myles Garrett turns out to be all you hope for, he will not contribute anything in the way of wins and losses. Just like Joey Bosa a much better player than Garrett didn't do jack shit for Sad Deigo.
Conversely, if Mitch Trubisky turns out to be all we hope he will be, he changes the fortunes of the Browns for 10 years.
That's the difference. Gamble on a dollar slot machine and you won't get hurt. You also won't win jack shit. Play a $100 machine and the hit is magnificent.
No matter who the Browns pick at #1 #1, the cost of that player is going to be the same. Why pay top dollar for a fucking player who long term is simply not going to make much difference one way or another?
If the Browns take Garrett and then try to go from #12 to #5 to get Trubisky, they will again get ass fucked. After Garrett and Trubisky, this is a garbage draft. The #2,3 nd 4 picks aren't worth a good wet shit................. SAVE.......... for trading away for the team that wants Trubisky, I don't think Trubisky is going to be available at 5 should the Browns pass.
The best way to spot a sleeper in the draft? It's the guy nobody considers. Teams aren't talking about Trubisky for the same reasons inventors don't fucking broadcast what they are working on. Whatever the Browns do, if they don't get Trubisky, they will live to regret it. A fucking edge rusher seems great now, that is until you watch the guy you could have had shred defenses and win games.
Big Ben anyone? The Browns are in position to pass on him again.
This makes sense but although Garrett is the safer pick... trubisky is like 1 of 4 qbs who are unknown. Which means if they get Garrett but not mitch. They can still get watson mahomes or kizer.
-
I have my rain boots on
-
Excited to see. We speak no more reach. Well Kessler may not be that answer anymore. As long as am not looking guys up on draft day such as Seth DeValve.That would be a good start along with no need of 4 guys at one position. My ponders::1. Will they value the 1st/12th pick as gaining another 1st rounder at next season QB crop? 2.11 picks--11 roster spots?..trade up to 8 solid players,not more additional picks. 3.Pats true value/gameplan on Jimmy G? or any Experience QB's. When the new Qb's come in, others fall off.Who? Drafting: Our biggest nightmare..Tick Tock..
Excited to see. My ponders::1. Will they value the 1st/12th pick as gaining another 1st rounder at next season QB crop? 2.11 picks--11 roster spots?..trade up to 8 solid players,not more additional picks. Drafting: Our biggest nightmare..Tick Tock..
Don't you hate when the Browns FO logins??^^Hey,Blame me
. but some of us may need a reminder
Take a re-look & post your winners..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login