Skip to content

ESPN Layoffs... Cutting Staff by 10%

The Browns Board
30 16 746
  • Shame Jay Crawford went one of Cleveland's own

    @londonbrown said:

    Shame Jay Crawford went one of Cleveland's own

    from sandusky actually.

    too bad jamele white didn't get the boot. wtf has she done for sports journalism besides interject her racial and political view into every discussion?

    and they wonder why they have to make cuts and their ratings are down. like mtv when they stopped playing rock music. bye bye loud mouths!!!

  • Fuckin' Shefer's at it again...

    Been on all morning saying "It's Trubisky." "IT'S TRUBISKY." Even had Kiper and McShay buying in to the point they changed their Final Mocks.

    Now, minutes ago, Adam breathlessly reported, "Now I hear that in Cleveland the pendullum is swinging back to Garrett. But if the decision is between an QB with an uncertain outcome and a Pass Rusher with an uncertain outcome, then you have to take the QB."

    Chris Mortensen, sitting to Adam's immediate right, calmly stated, "Let's make this clear, the Browns are not debating their pick. This pick was decided two-weeks ago and I confirmed that with a Browns source last evening."

    The look on Adam's face was priceless...

    Then Pollian chimed in, "I reject the notion that Garrett's outcome is 'uncertain'." To which McShay added, "I concur."

    Cue an even more priceless look...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Say that when he runs circles around Garret. Again, others have said the same of Garrett....with slight variations.

    But riddle me this: if Barnett doesn't have the traits to be the edge rusher in the NFL....then how did he produce better numbers than Garrett in the SEC?

    Against the same competition, he did better.

    Jesus how many times have I said this? Did you not read it? He did not play against SEC West which is miles above SEC East. The only two he played against last year from SEC West both scored over 45 points against Tenn. This is totally comparing apples to oranges.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Jesus how many times have I said this? Did you not read it? He did not play against SEC West which is miles above SEC East. The only two he played against last year from SEC West both scored over 45 points against Tenn. This is totally comparing apples to oranges.

    I have heard you say that....and it is the biggest pile of bullshit I have seen on here. OK, while perhaps Barnett has had to play the so called weaker division (and I am not necessarily buying that...if the SEC West is better it is only because of one team: Bama), that SEC East is still a hell of a lot tougher than the Prairie View's against which Garrett thrived.

    Face it, Barnett may turn out to in fact become the better player.

  • Fuckin' Shefer's at it again...

    Been on all morning saying "It's Trubisky." "IT'S TRUBISKY." Even had Kiper and McShay buying in to the point they changed their Final Mocks.

    Now, minutes ago, Adam breathlessly reported, "Now I hear that in Cleveland the pendullum is swinging back to Garrett. But if the decision is between an QB with an uncertain outcome and a Pass Rusher with an uncertain outcome, then you have to take the QB."

    Chris Mortensen, sitting to Adam's immediate right, calmly stated, "Let's make this clear, the Browns are not debating their pick. This pick was decided two-weeks ago and I confirmed that with a Browns source last evening."

    The look on Adam's face was priceless...

    Then Pollian chimed in, "I reject the notion that Garrett's outcome is 'uncertain'." To which McShay added, "I concur."

    Cue an even more priceless look...

    @tour2ma said:

    Fuckin' Shefer's at it again...

    Been on all morning saying "It's Trubisky." "IT'S TRUBISKY." Even had Kiper and McShay buying in to the point they changed their Final Mocks.

    Now, minutes ago, Adam breathlessly reported, "Now I hear that in Cleveland the pendullum is swinging back to Garrett. But if the decision is between an QB with an uncertain outcome and a Pass Rusher with an uncertain outcome, then you have to take the QB."

    Chris Mortensen, sitting to Adam's immediate right, calmly stated, "Let's make this clear, the Browns are not debating their pick. This pick was decided two-weeks ago and I confirmed that with a Browns source last evening."

    The look on Adam's face was priceless...

    Then Pollian chimed in, "I reject the notion that Garrett's outcome is 'uncertain'." To which McShay added, "I concur."

    Cue an even more priceless look...

    What "outcome" is or is not uncertain? It may perhaps not be uncertain that Garrett will be the Browns pick...I expect him to be the guy. But his outcome of being a quality NFL player is certainly uncertain. No one can absolutely predict that.

  • I guess ESPN was a little top heavy. I mean, they have these round table of 5-6 people when 4 would suffice.

    I will only say: why get rid of an Ed Werder, who seemed like a real pro, and keep a Josina Anderson, who seemed at times confused and out of touch.

    Age/sex/race?

  • I guess ESPN was a little top heavy. I mean, they have these round table of 5-6 people when 4 would suffice.

    I will only say: why get rid of an Ed Werder, who seemed like a real pro, and keep a Josina Anderson, who seemed at times confused and out of touch.

    Age/sex/race?

    @the-gipper said:

    I guess ESPN was a little top heavy. I mean, they have these round table of 5-6 people when 4 would suffice.

    I will only say: why get rid of an Ed Werder, who seemed like a real pro, and keep a Josina Anderson, who seemed at times confused and out of touch.

    Age/sex/race?

    For surely all 3 of those reasons.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I guess ESPN was a little top heavy. I mean, they have these round table of 5-6 people when 4 would suffice.

    I will only say: why get rid of an Ed Werder, who seemed like a real pro, and keep a Josina Anderson, who seemed at times confused and out of touch.

    Age/sex/race?

    For surely all 3 of those reasons.

    @cambridgeho said:

    For surely all 3 of those reasons.

    I thought perhaps they were just getting rid of all the old white guys. But I did see a list of who was out, and it included all "types"

    Older white guys, younger white guys, older black guys, younger black guys, younger women black and white. (but no older women it seems...since they had few of those anyway)

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Jesus how many times have I said this? Did you not read it? He did not play against SEC West which is miles above SEC East. The only two he played against last year from SEC West both scored over 45 points against Tenn. This is totally comparing apples to oranges.

    I have heard you say that....and it is the biggest pile of bullshit I have seen on here. OK, while perhaps Barnett has had to play the so called weaker division (and I am not necessarily buying that...if the SEC West is better it is only because of one team: Bama), that SEC East is still a hell of a lot tougher than the Prairie View's against which Garrett thrived.

    Face it, Barnett may turn out to in fact become the better player.

    @the-gipper said:

    I have heard you say that....and it is the biggest pile of bullshit I have seen on here. OK, while perhaps Barnett has had to play the so called weaker division (and I am not necessarily buying that...if the SEC West is better it is only because of one team: Bama), that SEC East is still a hell of a lot tougher than the Prairie View's against which Garrett thrived.

    Face it, Barnett may turn out to in fact become the better player.

    Do your nerdy research thing and find the number of 1st and 2nd round OTs they've both gone up against. Not even close.

  • I believe one was our own shon Coleman?

  • @hoorta said:

    Just keep on reading Maycock's garbage...

    We're hopefully not drafting #1 next year, and if we go all defense, it will be out of reach anyway.

    Well, Mayock has us taking MG at #1 but trading up to #5 with TN to tab your boy...

    We can put together a Rams type package next year and get whomever we want so long as the team with a #1 overall is not in desperate need of a QB. Odds on fav to be that team? I'd say SF... and they'll get Cousins clearing the way.

    @tour2ma said:

    Well, Mayock has us taking MG at #1 but trading up to #5 with TN to tab your boy...

    We can put together a Rams type package next year and get whomever we want so long as the team with a #1 overall is not in desperate need of a QB. Odds on fav to be that team? I'd say SF... and they'll get Cousins clearing the way.

    If Maycock's prediction comes true, I'll break out a bottle of champagne. French stuff is out of my price range, but a good California one like Roderer or Schramsberg. 🙂

    Dangerous to predict who's going to be at the bottom a year ahead Tour. But just to play Devil's Advocate, the move from #12 to #5 to get Mitch- the realistic price is- give the Titans back their #52 and a 4th next year. If they put the screws to us, I'll move that 4th up to the lowest of our 2018 seconds. So come next year, We want to move from (I'll be optimistic) #12 to #1. Lets assume Darnold is viewed as a can't miss stud qb, and the team holding the #1 is willing to trade out. That's going to cost the 2018 first and one of the second rounders, and the first and second in 2019. Still up for it? Not me. A fail on Mitch will be much less costly than trading up for Darnold only to find out he's another qb bust.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Well, Mayock has us taking MG at #1 but trading up to #5 with TN to tab your boy...

    We can put together a Rams type package next year and get whomever we want so long as the team with a #1 overall is not in desperate need of a QB. Odds on fav to be that team? I'd say SF... and they'll get Cousins clearing the way.

    If Maycock's prediction comes true, I'll break out a bottle of champagne. French stuff is out of my price range, but a good California one like Roderer or Schramsberg. 🙂

    Dangerous to predict who's going to be at the bottom a year ahead Tour. But just to play Devil's Advocate, the move from #12 to #5 to get Mitch- the realistic price is- give the Titans back their #52 and a 4th next year. If they put the screws to us, I'll move that 4th up to the lowest of our 2018 seconds. So come next year, We want to move from (I'll be optimistic) #12 to #1. Lets assume Darnold is viewed as a can't miss stud qb, and the team holding the #1 is willing to trade out. That's going to cost the 2018 first and one of the second rounders, and the first and second in 2019. Still up for it? Not me. A fail on Mitch will be much less costly than trading up for Darnold only to find out he's another qb bust.

    @hoorta said:

    If Maycock's prediction comes true, I'll break out a bottle of champagne. French stuff is out of my price range, but a good California one like Roderer or Schramsberg. 🙂

    Dangerous to predict who's going to be at the bottom a year ahead Tour. But just to play Devil's Advocate, the move from #12 to #5 to get Mitch- the realistic price is- give the Titans back their #52 and a 4th next year. If they put the screws to us, I'll move that 4th up to the lowest of our 2018 seconds. So come next year, We want to move from (I'll be optimistic) #12 to #1. Lets assume Darnold is viewed as a can't miss stud qb, and the team holding the #1 is willing to trade out. That's going to cost the 2018 first and one of the second rounders, and the first and second in 2019. Still up for it? Not me. A fail on Mitch will be much less costly than trading up for Darnold only to find out he's another qb bust.

    Can't answer that, h, as I do not know the top dawgs in 2018. But I can say that I do not think Trubs is worth a 1st this year. With MG in our pocket, then I can tolerate him at 12, but trading up?

    I think even your high-side estimate of the trade up cost is low... unless we are the only bidder. And if we are the only bidder, what does that tell you?

    Posted this in another thread... if I only knew for sure... post-2853-0-59092600-1493322640_thumb.jpg