Skip to content

Joe says He's "Already Experiencing Memory Loss"... Damn...

The Browns Board
10 8 369
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #1
  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Just going off the article, he goes to shop and forgets some things.

    I can't speak for myself because one of the few things I have going for me is my ridiculous memory. However these feels and sounds like a more common occurrence from aging. No?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Heard the interview. It wasn't like he was saying: "I have suffered concussions thus I am losing my memory" He was just making a general statement about the nature of playing football. Having injuries goes with the territory.

    He has never missed a snap...ergo, it seems pretty clear that he has never had a concussion to the point of ever even having to take him out of a game...ever.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I forgot. What was the question? πŸ˜‰

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Joe is a pretty "with it" kind of guy, so I imagine he's not saying this based on a small instance of two like we all have. I'm imagining he provided the above example as one of several other things he's facing.

    The big picture here is that this is the type of thing that (very understandably) causes a player to retire. It doesn't seem he's feeling froggy this year, but who knows.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Never too early to start planning your retirement.

    WSS

  • Just going off the article, he goes to shop and forgets some things.

    I can't speak for myself because one of the few things I have going for me is my ridiculous memory. However these feels and sounds like a more common occurrence from aging. No?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @tiamat63 said:

    Just going off the article, he goes to shop and forgets some things.

    I can't speak for myself because one of the few things I have going for me is my ridiculous memory. However these feels and sounds like a more common occurrence from aging. No?

    Except Joe's not old... I'm old... If I only forget three things, then it was a successful shopping trip.

    But like I said in another thread... Joe's a stoner. πŸ˜‰ So you can be sure he always remembers Funyons and Ding Dongs...

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
    #8

    I'm a lot older'n Joe but my short term memory has sucked since childhood. My retentive memory has always been outstanding & remains very strong. I can guarantee that I'll forget something every trip to a store, but I still remember my 1st fist fight (a win) & 1st fishing trip (skunked but a special time with Dad!).

    Sometimes it may be normal, sometimes not. Fact is that we'll deal with it if & when necessary.

    Mike

  • I'm a lot older'n Joe but my short term memory has sucked since childhood. My retentive memory has always been outstanding & remains very strong. I can guarantee that I'll forget something every trip to a store, but I still remember my 1st fist fight (a win) & 1st fishing trip (skunked but a special time with Dad!).

    Sometimes it may be normal, sometimes not. Fact is that we'll deal with it if & when necessary.

    Mike

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @canton-mike said:

    ... but I still remember my 1st fist fight (a win) & 1st fishing trip (skunked but a special time with Dad!).

    Can't say I remember my first ones... but I definitely remember my best ones... πŸ™‚

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #10

    who doesn't walk into a room and forget why they walked in there for?