Skip to content

The Browns will not take a QB

The Browns Board
34 14 1.3k
  • So in other words... Kess is the real life Brian Drew...

  • @wargograw said:

    Glad they're not. Saw on PFF that Cody's 2014 grade at USC was better than any QB in this draft. Try that on for size.

    Go get em Cody.

    I think we see a vast improvement with Cody year 1 to year 2. Better line for more time and he's been working hard to improve his long game in the off season.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think we see a vast improvement with Cody year 1 to year 2. Better line for more time and he's been working hard to improve his long game in the off season.

    I said last year when Kessler got benched at half time and McCown came in and started heaving long INT's that Hue wants Kessler to throw long........and that Kessler didn't want to throw long INT's. (he's too smart for that....he'd have thrown long if he thought the receiver was open to some degree)

    Now, with Kessler coming out with the statement that he's working on his long-ball skills it's obvious that that was Hue's problem with him. Hopefully he's learning how to throw nice, long, incompletes so as to appease Hue. (incomplete is MUCH better than INT when you HAVE TO throw long to covered receivers to appease the coach)

  • I think the Browns will draft a QB. Probably Webb or Dobbs, although a trade for JG is still not out of the question. Keep in mind that NE still has no 2nd round pick this year & could possibly lose JG for nothing next year. BB won't let that happen...he'll either trade him now or tender him next year & the Browns can be the top players in either scenario.

    Mike

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I think we see a vast improvement with Cody year 1 to year 2. Better line for more time and he's been working hard to improve his long game in the off season.

    I said last year when Kessler got benched at half time and McCown came in and started heaving long INT's that Hue wants Kessler to throw long........and that Kessler didn't want to throw long INT's. (he's too smart for that....he'd have thrown long if he thought the receiver was open to some degree)

    Now, with Kessler coming out with the statement that he's working on his long-ball skills it's obvious that that was Hue's problem with him. Hopefully he's learning how to throw nice, long, incompletes so as to appease Hue. (incomplete is MUCH better than INT when you HAVE TO throw long to covered receivers to appease the coach)

    @orion said:

    I said last year when Kessler got benched at half time and McCown came in and started heaving long INT's that Hue wants Kessler to throw long........and that Kessler didn't want to throw long INT's. (he's too smart for that....he'd have thrown long if he thought the receiver was open to some degree)

    Now, with Kessler coming out with the statement that he's working on his long-ball skills it's obvious that that was Hue's problem with him. Hopefully he's learning how to throw nice, long, incompletes so as to appease Hue. (incomplete is MUCH better than INT when you HAVE TO throw long to covered receivers to appease the coach)

    The criticism of Kess was for not taking shots that were there per the eye in the sky.

    That McC made ill-advised throws, or, just as likely, was slow to make throws that were there, is irrelevant.

  • Yea, they'll draft a QB - Josh Rosen next year πŸ˜‰

  • Yea, they'll draft a QB - Josh Rosen next year πŸ˜‰

    @d-bone said:

    Yea, they'll draft a QB - Josh Rosen next year πŸ˜‰

    Didn't you hate Manziel?

  • I still one in the mix this draft... maybe today... definitely tomorrow.

    It never hurts to go fishin'...

  • Yea, they'll draft a QB - Josh Rosen next year πŸ˜‰

    @d-bone said:

    Yea, they'll draft a QB - Josh Rosen next year πŸ˜‰

    1st game of the year for UCLA is home in the Rose Bowl against a Garrettless Texas A&M on Sunday Sept 9 @ 630 pm CDT on Fox.

  • @d-bone said:

    Yea, they'll draft a QB - Josh Rosen next year πŸ˜‰

    Didn't you hate Manziel?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Didn't you hate Manziel?

    Yes? Are you somehow comparing the two??

  • Glad they're not. Saw on PFF that Cody's 2014 grade at USC was better than any QB in this draft. Try that on for size.

    Go get em Cody.

    @wargograw said:

    Glad they're not. Saw on PFF that Cody's 2014 grade at USC was better than any QB in this draft. Try that on for size.

    Go get em Cody.

    Except that Osweiler will be the starter.

  • I think the Browns will draft a QB. Probably Webb or Dobbs, although a trade for JG is still not out of the question. Keep in mind that NE still has no 2nd round pick this year & could possibly lose JG for nothing next year. BB won't let that happen...he'll either trade him now or tender him next year & the Browns can be the top players in either scenario.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I think the Browns will draft a QB. Probably Webb or Dobbs, although a trade for JG is still not out of the question. Keep in mind that NE still has no 2nd round pick this year & could possibly lose JG for nothing next year. BB won't let that happen...he'll either trade him now or tender him next year & the Browns can be the top players in either scenario.

    Mike

    I always said that I would be OK to trade #52 for him. So, OK, if it goes that way, Ok. Not much more though (throw in a 7th rounder)

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Didn't you hate Manziel?

    Yes? Are you somehow comparing the two??

    @d-bone said:

    Yes? Are you somehow comparing the two??

    Personality-wise, yes. Rosen is immature, kind of an asshole, and has had trouble following rules.

    Reportedly, he's grown up...but he did almost get suspended for having a hot tub in his room last year...

    http://gojoebruin.com/2016/08/29/just-how-entitled-is-ucla-qb-josh-rosen/ - That was a quicker Google search than I expected it to be

  • @d-bone said:

    Yes? Are you somehow comparing the two??

    Personality-wise, yes. Rosen is immature, kind of an asshole, and has had trouble following rules.

    Reportedly, he's grown up...but he did almost get suspended for having a hot tub in his room last year...

    http://gojoebruin.com/2016/08/29/just-how-entitled-is-ucla-qb-josh-rosen/ - That was a quicker Google search than I expected it to be

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Personality-wise, yes. Rosen is immature, kind of an asshole, and has had trouble following rules.

    Reportedly, he's grown up...but he did almost get suspended for having a hot tub in his room last year...

    http://gojoebruin.com/2016/08/29/just-how-entitled-is-ucla-qb-josh-rosen/ - That was a quicker Google search than I expected it to be

    lol He also has brown hair too, damn Johnny the 2nd..... So I guess we'll have to settle for Sam Darnold.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Personality-wise, yes. Rosen is immature, kind of an asshole, and has had trouble following rules.

    Reportedly, he's grown up...but he did almost get suspended for having a hot tub in his room last year...

    http://gojoebruin.com/2016/08/29/just-how-entitled-is-ucla-qb-josh-rosen/ - That was a quicker Google search than I expected it to be

    lol He also has brown hair too, damn Johnny the 2nd..... So I guess we'll have to settle for Sam Darnold.

    @d-bone said:

    lol He also has brown hair too, damn Johnny the 2nd..... So I guess we'll have to settle for Sam Darnold.

    Well, not exactly the same thing...but okay.

    Just pointing out the hypocrisy of people who don't like Manziel but do like Rosen.

    I'd rather Darnold anyway, at this current point in time.

  • Rosen is Johnny Football lite in that regard

  • @d-bone said:

    lol He also has brown hair too, damn Johnny the 2nd..... So I guess we'll have to settle for Sam Darnold.

    Well, not exactly the same thing...but okay.

    Just pointing out the hypocrisy of people who don't like Manziel but do like Rosen.

    I'd rather Darnold anyway, at this current point in time.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Well, not exactly the same thing...but okay.

    Just pointing out the hypocrisy of people who don't like Manziel but do like Rosen.

    I'd rather Darnold anyway, at this current point in time.

    Quite a stretch calling Josh the next Johnny, but you did find a web site that did so, so I guess it must be true.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Well, not exactly the same thing...but okay.

    Just pointing out the hypocrisy of people who don't like Manziel but do like Rosen.

    I'd rather Darnold anyway, at this current point in time.

    Quite a stretch calling Josh the next Johnny, but you did find a web site that did so, so I guess it must be true.

    @d-bone said:

    Quite a stretch calling Josh the next Johnny, but you did find a web site that did so, so I guess it must be true.

    I'm not saying he's the next Johnny, just reminding you that you're a hypocrite.

  • @d-bone said:

    Quite a stretch calling Josh the next Johnny, but you did find a web site that did so, so I guess it must be true.

    I'm not saying he's the next Johnny, just reminding you that you're a hypocrite.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'm not saying he's the next Johnny, just reminding you that you're a hypocrite.

    lol you got me..... I'll just remind you that you're a jerk.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'm not saying he's the next Johnny, just reminding you that you're a hypocrite.

    lol you got me..... I'll just remind you that you're a jerk.

    @d-bone said:

    lol you got me..... I'll just remind you that you're a jerk.

    πŸ™‚

    I'm just yanking your chain. Bored at work today.

  • @d-bone said:

    lol you got me..... I'll just remind you that you're a jerk.

    πŸ™‚

    I'm just yanking your chain. Bored at work today.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    πŸ™‚

    I'm just yanking your chain. Bored at work today.

    It's all good...... I'll be totally honest, I actually didn't know that in any way about Rosen. Hopefully Coach Mora will knock that crap out of him.