Skip to content

A Woody for Gerbil Peppers

The Browns Board
148 39 4.6k
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #13

    So we better waste our picks and reach on a QB? Dumb

  • @mld-woody said:

    I spoke with Williams at the auto show. I suggested Jabrill.

    I did it guys.

    I did it

    Here's how I see it Woody. The first round pick we got from the Texans + Peppers had better be more than Malik Hooker. I wish him well, and hope he turns out better than that other Michigan first round flash in the pan Braylon Edwards.

    MHO, and I agree with Ghoolie, you can't just keep kicking the can down the road to next year.

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @hoorta said:

    MHO, and I agree with Ghoolie, you can't just keep kicking the can down the road to next year.

    Bill Bellicheck disagrees.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #15

    People curse what they do not understand... and then wonder where the sun goes at nite...

  • @hoorta said:

    MHO, and I agree with Ghoolie, you can't just keep kicking the can down the road to next year.

    Bill Bellicheck disagrees.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @roycerolls said:

    Bill Bellicheck disagrees.

    When the Browns win five Super Bowls, I'll agree with that statement.

  • So we better waste our picks and reach on a QB? Dumb

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @mld-woody said:

    So we better waste our picks and reach on a QB? Dumb

    Ha, I'll post it here, and probably elsewhere. If we had taken Trubisky @ #1 every talking head would have blasted the Browns to smithereens. But the Bears taking him @ #2? Hey no problem. For all we know, Sashi might have been trying to trade up to #2, but in reality the 49ers would have been nuts to not drop just one spot, get the guy they wanted, and still get bonus picks.

    I said pre draft, if Mitch had gotten past #3, we were trading up with the Titans to get him.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    So I can hold you personally responsible for this bullshit in 3 years?

    Sweet.

  • People curse what they do not understand... and then wonder where the sun goes at nite...

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @tour2ma said:

    People curse what they do not understand... and then wonder where the sun goes at nite...

    And it's sunset over Lake Erie. Can't wait to see how Mud feels, he wasn't a happy camper in the Tavern. I'll pull a Ghoolie for you. Those three picks will improve us from 1-15 to 3-13. 6-10 is a pipe dream. We had a shot at one of the top CB and passed. Boddy-Calhoon, that's the ticket to good man to man coverage. If Ross stays healthy for the Bengals, him and AJ Green are going to beat our corners by 10 yards. Better hope Garrett can get to the QB in 1.5 seconds, or else the secondary is toast.

  • @mld-woody said:

    So we better waste our picks and reach on a QB? Dumb

    Ha, I'll post it here, and probably elsewhere. If we had taken Trubisky @ #1 every talking head would have blasted the Browns to smithereens. But the Bears taking him @ #2? Hey no problem. For all we know, Sashi might have been trying to trade up to #2, but in reality the 49ers would have been nuts to not drop just one spot, get the guy they wanted, and still get bonus picks.

    I said pre draft, if Mitch had gotten past #3, we were trading up with the Titans to get him.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @hoorta said:

    Ha, I'll post it here, and probably elsewhere. If we had taken Trubisky @ #1 every talking head would have blasted the Browns to smithereens. But the Bears taking him @ #2? Hey no problem. For all we know, Sashi might have been trying to trade up to #2, but in reality the 49ers would have been nuts to not drop just one spot, get the guy they wanted, and still get bonus picks.

    I said pre draft, if Mitch had gotten past #3, we were trading up with the Titans to get him.

    Every talking head I've heard has blasted the Bears to smithereens....

  • @roycerolls said:

    Bill Bellicheck disagrees.

    When the Browns win five Super Bowls, I'll agree with that statement.

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @hoorta said:

    When the Browns win five Super Bowls, I'll agree with that statement.

    The Browns winning super bowls has nothing to do with Bill Bellicheck's draft philosophy.

  • @roycerolls said:

    Bill Bellicheck disagrees.

    When the Browns win five Super Bowls, I'll agree with that statement.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #22

    @hoorta said:

    When the Browns win five Super Bowls, I'll agree with that statement.

    Why not now??? Your post was about pick accumulation... his response was about pick accumulation... we have accumulated picks... so now you change the subject?

    C'mon man... your QB will not be a Brown. Worse yet, his pick by the Bears is getting torched in the media... but suck it up.

    That sun setting over Erie will come up tomorrow... trust me on that...

  • @hoorta said:

    When the Browns win five Super Bowls, I'll agree with that statement.

    Why not now??? Your post was about pick accumulation... his response was about pick accumulation... we have accumulated picks... so now you change the subject?

    C'mon man... your QB will not be a Brown. Worse yet, his pick by the Bears is getting torched in the media... but suck it up.

    That sun setting over Erie will come up tomorrow... trust me on that...

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #23

    @tour2ma said:

    Why not now??? Your post was about pick accumulation... his response was about pick accumulation... we have accumulated picks... so now you change the subject?

    C'mon man... your QB will not be a Brown. Worse yet, his pick by the Bears is getting torched in the media... but suck it up.

    That sun setting over Erie will come up tomorrow... trust me on that...

    Disappointed we didn't get Mitch, sure- but not mad. My point Tour was, if you have an established team with multiple pro bowl players, a HOF qb- you have the luxury of accumulating picks. So how do you get all that pro bowl talent? It's not by passing on higher rated players when you're on the clock- for more picks down the road. We had a shit ton of picks already. Gip said we have plenty of ammunition- shoot it. Seems like the powder got wet today. I posted in another thread who we passed on moving down to #25, and are you going to tell me the Browns had all those guys rated lower than Peppers? Bull shit. Let me rephrase what DePodesta said about draft picks. "We don't really know how to draft, so we figure if we have enough picks eventually we'll guess right."

  • @hoorta said:

    Ha, I'll post it here, and probably elsewhere. If we had taken Trubisky @ #1 every talking head would have blasted the Browns to smithereens. But the Bears taking him @ #2? Hey no problem. For all we know, Sashi might have been trying to trade up to #2, but in reality the 49ers would have been nuts to not drop just one spot, get the guy they wanted, and still get bonus picks.

    I said pre draft, if Mitch had gotten past #3, we were trading up with the Titans to get him.

    Every talking head I've heard has blasted the Bears to smithereens....

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @wargograw said:

    Every talking head I've heard has blasted the Bears to smithereens....

    Thanks, I feel better now. 🙂 But I'd hate to see the Cleveland kid flop.

  • I spoke with Williams at the auto show. I suggested Jabrill.

    I did it guys.

    I did it

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @mld-woody said:

    I spoke with Williams at the auto show. I suggested Jabrill.

    I did it guys.

    I did it

    Gotta say...screw you then.....

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I can't wait to slowly watch everyone's college loyalty fade and support of Jabrill grow

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Michigan Fans Joining the Board - Welcome Brothers

    Welcome to the board! Don't worry, they're not all assholes. Some can actually think around their college fandom bias.

    They'll learn to love Peppers eventually.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Now do we have to start calling him Woodpepper ?

  • I can't wait to slowly watch everyone's college loyalty fade and support of Jabrill grow

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #29

    @mld-woody said:

    I can't wait to slowly watch everyone's college loyalty fade and support of Jabrill grow

    I'm in. Hes not from Michigan hes from New Jersey now he's a Cleveland Brown.

    WSS

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #30
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Hey Michigan! Screw you bandwagon MF'ERS.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    I mean, it's a legit concern that the guy is a jack of all trades but a master of none. Rarely if ever does a guy play more than one position in the NFL, and Peppers will be a safety. His ability to cover the TE is extremely intriguing but what's done is done at this point.