Skip to content

Garrett Peppers and 1st rounder

The Browns Board
127 36 4.0k
  • @runyon27 said:

    I hated the trade down.......I hated it because we could have had a really good player, I hated it because I think we should have been paid more for dropping that far. I didn't like Watson so I was OK on passing on him. But I would have liked Hooker or Allen instead of Peppers.

    ^^^^ This, and I agree. Ghoolie was having a field day in the Tavern busting chops, passing on that talent. Could have had Rubin Foster too, and if that shoulder is sound and he doesn't get a fat head off the field, I see another Ray Lewis talent.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @hoorta said:

    I see another Ray Lewis talent.

    or another Rolando McClain 😉

  • @cuwoohio said:

    I just don't get what they're plan is.

    What's so hard to understand? They did pretty much what I thought they would do. They took the best pass rusher in the draft, a safety that fits Gregg Williams' scheme as a box safety and fills our returner needs as well, and a tight end with tremendous upside for an offensive scheme that led to Tyler Eiffert catching 13 TD's in Hue Jacksons last season in Cincinnati.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @osiris said:

    What's so hard to understand? They did pretty much what I thought they would do. They took the best pass rusher in the draft, a safety that fits Gregg Williams' scheme as a box safety and fills our returner needs as well, and a tight end with tremendous upside for an offensive scheme that led to Tyler Eiffert catching 13 TD's in Hue Jacksons last season in Cincinnati.

    Well since you put it that way...

    Actually was a very soothing post... thanks...

    @hoorta said:

    Peppers turns out as good as Ray Lewis...

    ummmm.... kinda ambitious there for our new SS...

    @hoorta said:

    No problem Tour- with those picks, we should be drafting #1 overall again in 2018.

    Case of wine says we aren't... at least not by virtue of our finish. Or a half case since you're half serious...

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Peppers isn't half as good as Hooker.

    Hate this pick.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #41

    As far as houston they aren't really a shit team so Watson will have a chance to not bust.

    Chicago sucks. Good luck mitch.

    WSS

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #42

    Nate Burleson on NFL Network says the Browns are now 5 or 6 games better than 2016 even before we know who we take day 2. He loved the 3 starters we just added.

    EDIT: And the whole Good Morning Football crew think the Browns pulled this off without reaching and setting 2018 up to be another banner year.

  • Peppers isn't half as good as Hooker.

    Hate this pick.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @sd_tom said:

    Peppers isn't half as good as Hooker. Hate this pick.

    Ball hawking? No, Hooker wins that going away. But all around DB play? That gap narrows...

    While I'm not a big fan of Chuckie, Gruden made a couple interesting comments about Peppers...

    • his PassD numbers would have been much higher had been primarily utilized in a single-high role, and
    • if he could pick one guy to be the last tackler between a ball carrier and the winning TD, it'd be Peppers.
  • C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by cuwoohio
    #44

    ]What's so hard to understand? They did pretty much what I thought they would do. They took the best pass rusher in the draft, a safety that fits Gregg Williams' scheme as a box safety and fills our returner needs as well, and a tight end with tremendous upside for an offensive scheme that led to Tyler Eiffert catching 13 TD's in Hue Jacksons last season in Cincinnati.

    And they had to make all of those deals to do that?

    What they're doing is trying to show the rest of the NFL is that they are the smartest ones in the room.

  • @sd_tom said:

    Peppers isn't half as good as Hooker. Hate this pick.

    Ball hawking? No, Hooker wins that going away. But all around DB play? That gap narrows...

    While I'm not a big fan of Chuckie, Gruden made a couple interesting comments about Peppers...

    • his PassD numbers would have been much higher had been primarily utilized in a single-high role, and
    • if he could pick one guy to be the last tackler between a ball carrier and the winning TD, it'd be Peppers.
    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @tour2ma said:

    <p>

    • if he could pick one guy to be the last tackler between a ball carrier and the winning TD, it'd be Peppers.

    Interesting comment. I don't disagree though. He's run down WRs and HBs in games where he could just take a break.

    It's amazing how one player can have people think he's a great tackler and people think he's a terrible tackler at the same time

  • @tour2ma said:

    <p>

    • if he could pick one guy to be the last tackler between a ball carrier and the winning TD, it'd be Peppers.

    Interesting comment. I don't disagree though. He's run down WRs and HBs in games where he could just take a break.

    It's amazing how one player can have people think he's a great tackler and people think he's a terrible tackler at the same time

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @mld-woody said:

    Interesting comment. I don't disagree though. He's run down WRs and HBs in games where he could just take a break.

    It's amazing how one player can have people think he's a great tackler and people think he's a terrible tackler at the same time

    Woody....we hold YOU personally responsible for his performance. So you better have gotten this right!! 😆

  • @mld-woody said:

    Interesting comment. I don't disagree though. He's run down WRs and HBs in games where he could just take a break.

    It's amazing how one player can have people think he's a great tackler and people think he's a terrible tackler at the same time

    Woody....we hold YOU personally responsible for his performance. So you better have gotten this right!! 😆

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @the-gipper said:

    Woody....we hold YOU personally responsible for his performance. So you better have gotten this right!! 😆

    And college is different than the nasty professional game, separates the men from the boys who want the paychecks and not the brutal play.

  • @tour2ma said:

    <p>

    • if he could pick one guy to be the last tackler between a ball carrier and the winning TD, it'd be Peppers.

    Interesting comment. I don't disagree though. He's run down WRs and HBs in games where he could just take a break.

    It's amazing how one player can have people think he's a great tackler and people think he's a terrible tackler at the same time

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @mld-woody said:

    Interesting comment. I don't disagree though. He's run down WRs and HBs in games where he could just take a break.

    It's amazing how one player can have people think he's a great tackler and people think he's a terrible tackler at the same time

    I know I don't see Peppers as a hard-hitting, form tackler, but that's different from reliably bringing the ball carrier to the ground and I think that's what Gruden was saying.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Interesting comment. I don't disagree though. He's run down WRs and HBs in games where he could just take a break.

    It's amazing how one player can have people think he's a great tackler and people think he's a terrible tackler at the same time

    I know I don't see Peppers as a hard-hitting, form tackler, but that's different from reliably bringing the ball carrier to the ground and I think that's what Gruden was saying.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @tour2ma said:

    I know I don't see Peppers as a hard-hitting, form tackler, but that's different from reliably bringing the ball carrier to the ground and I think that's what Gruden was saying.

    Right but there are people, including some on here, that just think he can't tackle

  • @mld-woody said:

    Interesting comment. I don't disagree though. He's run down WRs and HBs in games where he could just take a break.

    It's amazing how one player can have people think he's a great tackler and people think he's a terrible tackler at the same time

    Woody....we hold YOU personally responsible for his performance. So you better have gotten this right!! 😆

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @the-gipper said:

    Woody....we hold YOU personally responsible for his performance. So you better have gotten this right!! 😆

    Oh, I did. I definitely did

  • @the-gipper said:

    Woody....we hold YOU personally responsible for his performance. So you better have gotten this right!! 😆

    Oh, I did. I definitely did

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @mld-woody said:

    Oh, I did. I definitely did

    Woody our resident professional football scout. 😉

  • @mld-woody said:

    Oh, I did. I definitely did

    Woody our resident professional football scout. 😉

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @mjp28 said:

    Woody our resident professional, one-school, football scout. 😉

    FIFY

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #53

    I was hoping the Browns would draft Peppers...in about the 4th round.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #54

    It'll be fun looking back at these threads once Peppers starts making plays all over the field.... I'm thinking by early November.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #55

    If you haven't seen

    .. you really should. His sr season stats aren't what you'd expect, for good reason.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #56

    So(RS) season *

  • It'll be fun looking back at these threads once Peppers starts making plays all over the field.... I'm thinking by early November.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @d-bone said:

    It'll be fun looking back at these threads once Peppers starts making plays all over the field.... I'm thinking by early November.

    Anticipating a suspension?