Now THIS is how you draft!
-
It all hinges on what the Browns do with the Houston first rounder next year. basically, they picked up a first rounder in 2018 because they were willing to part with a 4th rounder and willing to pick a smaller, slower, TE who can't block or catch as well as OJ Howard. If the Browns add an impact player with that pick, it was well worth it, if they get another Cam Erving......
It all hinges on what the Browns do with the Houston first rounder next year. basically, they picked up a first rounder in 2018 because they were willing to part with a 4th rounder and willing to pick a smaller, slower, TE who can't block or catch as well as OJ Howard. If the Browns add an impact player with that pick, it was well worth it, if they get another Cam Erving......
It's Sam Darnold! Not only will we have to give up Both 1's next year...We'll have to throw in 2019 as well.
This kid is the real deal...Take the time to check out the video on him ,then compare with Trubisky....The difference jumps out at you!!
He is the reason this FO is stock piling picks and sure as shit there are a dozen things that can go completely wrong with this strategy ,but the sample size I've seen so far (About the same as Trubisky) I believe it's worth the attempt to make it happen.
-
It all hinges on what the Browns do with the Houston first rounder next year. basically, they picked up a first rounder in 2018 because they were willing to part with a 4th rounder and willing to pick a smaller, slower, TE who can't block or catch as well as OJ Howard. If the Browns add an impact player with that pick, it was well worth it, if they get another Cam Erving......
It's Sam Darnold! Not only will we have to give up Both 1's next year...We'll have to throw in 2019 as well.
This kid is the real deal...Take the time to check out the video on him ,then compare with Trubisky....The difference jumps out at you!!
He is the reason this FO is stock piling picks and sure as shit there are a dozen things that can go completely wrong with this strategy ,but the sample size I've seen so far (About the same as Trubisky) I believe it's worth the attempt to make it happen.
whoops....wrong quote...
Right Ags...agree 100%....
Guess...in the end....I was pretty pumped we could tap a couple great ones and was worried Shashi would do this.....and he did....
Im not pissed.....but am very very disappointed.....again.....
There's still more picks to be made though.....perhaps we can trade back into the 2nd and still get one of those DB's we need....cause, so far, no FS or CB......Just another SS to develop(3rd year in a row we've drafted one)........Kindred, Campbell and Powell are saying WTF????
-
We still have some ammo from the 5th to use plus a mid 2nd and top of the 3rd. Also here is an early look at winners and losers. Browns right behind SF as top 2 winners, especially when looking to 2018.
EDIT: There are still a lot of good players that will fall to us a 52 and 65, but it would be nice if we had a specific target we shoot for with some of those 5ths.
-
Garrett was a good pick
-
whoops....wrong quote...
Right Ags...agree 100%....
Guess...in the end....I was pretty pumped we could tap a couple great ones and was worried Shashi would do this.....and he did....
Im not pissed.....but am very very disappointed.....again.....
There's still more picks to be made though.....perhaps we can trade back into the 2nd and still get one of those DB's we need....cause, so far, no FS or CB......Just another SS to develop(3rd year in a row we've drafted one)........Kindred, Campbell and Powell are saying WTF????
Right Ags...agree 100%....
Guess...in the end....I was pretty pumped we could tap a couple great ones and was worried Shashi would do this.....and he did....
Im not pissed.....but am very very disappointed.....again.....
There's still more picks to be made though.....perhaps we can trade back into the 2nd and still get one of those DB's we need....cause, so far, no FS or CB......Just another SS to develop(3rd year in a row we've drafted one)........Kindred, Campbell and Powell are saying WTF????
I don't know much about Peppers. Is he not fast enough to play FS? I only ask because I wasn't really pegging him for us. Thoughts?
-
OK, we've amassed a ton of draft capital next year. We also passed on a ton of top talent this year, again. Gave up that #33, which I suppose is OK, but if Foster turns into the next Ray Lewis, blown pick, unless Njoku is another Ozzie Newsome.
Sorry if I'm being a negative Nancy. Garrett was a no brainer, but color me unimpressed with the rest of Day one. Do me a favor Sashi, and totally pass on a qb this year.
OK... who the fuck did we pass over?
And for the love of God, quit comparing Peppers to Lewis... it only makes you look stupid.
He compared Foster to Ray Lewis. If peppers can play we're in good shape. Set the territorial loyalty a side. He probably fell that far because he likes his weed.OK... who the fuck did we pass over?
And for the love of God, quit comparing Peppers to Lewis... it only makes you look stupid.
I wanted Hooker and Elflien. I think we need our own true centre.
Hard to get worked up about players taken in the fourth or lower.
WSS
-
Garrett was a good pick
Yep.
And the other two were good picks at the levels we got them. Peppers has the most versatility for a very versatile DC plus his STs play which adds to his value. Njoku has a very high upside in a very young player. We are in this for the long haul so I won't cry about Day 1 results, particularly since we did not take the bait in a weak QB class. That alone made it worth it to me to wait for either Darnold or Rosen, two I think are much better pro prospects by far. And now we have the ammo to get one.
52 & 65 will determine for me if this was an A class initially. Some really excellent players will be there.
BTW-Adios Devalve. You're history.
EDIT: Too bad we have JM PTSD. We shied away from Foster with his two screwups.
-
Another fucked up draft.
-
Why the fuck are the Browns in love with Shittagain players? Won't draft from THE Ohio State University... But they'll draft fron ttut every fucking draft.
Which school produces bigger stars? It's not even close. Brady is the anomaly
Why the fuck are the Browns in love with Shittagain players? Won't draft from THE Ohio State University... But they'll draft fron ttut every fucking draft.
Which school produces bigger stars? It's not even close. Brady is the anomaly
Besides the fact that you're an idiot, we've hardly ever drafted from Michigan recently
-
@ghoolie said:
Total shit draft. I win again.
Larry, I am always right. No need to prove anything, but I appreciate the kudos.
When I called the 201 draft a bust, which 1 - 15 says all we need to say, people here told me, "Ghoolie, you don't understand the draft. We are building assets. We have good, solid players and NEXT year, you will really see it come to fruition. Ahhhh.....I called that the words of a jackoff....BUT BUT BUT............ okay.....
Segue now to 2017................ the the same shit applies............... Wait till 2018.....you're really gonna see something.
HEY LINUS.................GO TO BED, THAT STUPID FUCKING PUMPKIN ISN'T SHOWING UP.
#1, #12 We get shit. If you wanted an edge rusher, you could have had a much better one in Bosa............ cheaper, last year. And after that? You got shit....a big pile of shit. The only ones outsmarted by Sashi and DePodesta are the fans and Hazmat. "Jimmie, just wait, we'el draft em next year. What happened tonight was classic Browns embarassment.
The FO thought they would be clever and get Garrett at #1 and Trubisky at #12, They, like most here, actually bought into the hype that Trubisky was going to be taken after the other QBs I GUARANTEE YOU, when the Bears traded up, Sashi and Deopdesta literally shit their pants, and I GUARANTEE YOU...Haslam is madder than a mother fucker right now.
The Browns traded down because they were stunned. The realized they fucked up and had no other plan.
Make no mistake, this fucking team is in the biggest trouble it ever has been. No Qb, no WRs, nothing to make an impact. Garrett will be injured, mark my words. He will be on the field all the time, he will try to save the team on every play and he will get ass pounded.
Worst draft in the history of the Browns. Absolute worst.
Correctamundo. These pussies will never draft an elite offensive playmaker, they are too scared. It will always be trade downs waiting for next year.
-
It all hinges on what the Browns do with the Houston first rounder next year. basically, they picked up a first rounder in 2018 because they were willing to part with a 4th rounder and willing to pick a smaller, slower, TE who can't block or catch as well as OJ Howard. If the Browns add an impact player with that pick, it was well worth it, if they get another Cam Erving......
.It all hinges on what the Browns do with the Houston first rounder next year. basically, they picked up a first rounder in 2018 because they were willing to part with a 4th rounder and willing to pick a smaller, slower, TE who can't block or catch as well as OJ Howard. If the Browns add an impact player with that pick, it was well worth it, if they get another Cam Erving......
You'll be saying the same shit next year.
-
Right Ags...agree 100%....
Guess...in the end....I was pretty pumped we could tap a couple great ones and was worried Shashi would do this.....and he did....
Im not pissed.....but am very very disappointed.....again.....
There's still more picks to be made though.....perhaps we can trade back into the 2nd and still get one of those DB's we need....cause, so far, no FS or CB......Just another SS to develop(3rd year in a row we've drafted one)........Kindred, Campbell and Powell are saying WTF????
I don't know much about Peppers. Is he not fast enough to play FS? I only ask because I wasn't really pegging him for us. Thoughts?
-
Nice to not be Chicago this morning ....more D's than a plus sized model convention ....
-
Nice to not be Chicago this morning ....more D's than a plus sized model convention ....
-
Why the fuck are the Browns in love with Shittagain players? Won't draft from THE Ohio State University... But they'll draft fron ttut every fucking draft.
Which school produces bigger stars? It's not even close. Brady is the anomaly
-
Sashi just said they felt they had to go up to get Njoku to improve their offense immediately, "special for us". Also says they are likely standing pat Day 2.
And now they can call it "Bears gonna Bears!"
-
This Draft has all the markings of the FO getting schooled big time.
Garrett was the best Athlete on the board, not necessarily the best Player, but consensus #1 - so that pick's not too hard to screw up (though I think they may have thought about it).
I really think they wanted to grab Trubisky, and that they panic traded out of #12 when the Bears jumped up and grabbed him.
Seemed pretty obvious they didn't have a plan for that and didn't know what to do as they got taken to the Cleaners on that deal, dropping 13 spots and only getting a (likely) low round #1 next year.
The #25 pick has been referred to as a "Project" Player and is a multi-positional one at that (not a true S).
A #1 for a "Project"?
Sounds like Cam Erving to me, the last multi-positional player we took with a #1 . . . . how's that worked out.
Then they burn some Draft capital and jump back into the 1st for the third(?) best TE?
Sounds of desperation to me.
There were some impact Players available at 12, but they totally bailed . . .
They're trying to be too smart and they just don't have the snap to pull it off.
Another big time losing Season upcoming . . . and do you really think this FO is going to survive that (and you know what that means)?
-
this draft was surprising. I didn't expect Malik Hooker or Marshon Lattimore to drop so low, was hoping for one of them but once we traded back I let go of those hopes. I was hoping for Peppers at 33, getting him at 25 is alright with me. I don't know anything about Njoku but hopefully he'll be a great target for Kessler. Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic for this season and really intrigued to see how Williams uses Peppers.
On to the second round. #52 is a long time to wait, no telling who will still be available. Elflein would be OK but I don't think he will be there, plus the FA moves on the O-line during the offseason are reassuring. This may be a reach, but I'd go with Switzer from NC. Every time I watched tape trying to figure out what people were seeing in Trubisky, Switzer was the one who really jumped out. I'd be OK with the best available CB as well, just not sure if they will make as big of a difference as Switzer. The best CBs are already gone.
-
@boo-fagley said:
Good draft
I just dont get where the Browns are going QB wise with a Ben, Dalton and Flacco in the division. Cleveland still has the worst QB right now unless Orsewieller really turns it around.
I am sure Myles Garrett will have something to say about putting those 3 quarterbacks on their ass multiple times.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login