Now THIS is how you draft!
-
Ok no comments on the fact that we traded out of the top of the 2nd round ?? What did we get for that?
I am getting more and more dissapointed.. Its like they are already throwing this season out again, in favor of a big move next year.... We are now half way down in the 2nd round. 1st pick in the 3rd and then nothing in the 4th and 3 in the 5th round..
So it looks like we gave up the top of the 2nd round to gain a 3rd round?? I just don't get what they are doing... I am getting more and more frustrated by the minute... I was very optomistic coming out of last year believe it or not... But they seem to be "saving' it for something..
Bobpound!
Ok no comments on the fact that we traded out of the top of the 2nd round ?? What did we get for that?
I am getting more and more dissapointed.. Its like they are already throwing this season out again, in favor of a big move next year.... We are now half way down in the 2nd round. 1st pick in the 3rd and then nothing in the 4th and 3 in the 5th round..
So it looks like we gave up the top of the 2nd round to gain a 3rd round?? I just don't get what they are doing... I am getting more and more frustrated by the minute... I was very optomistic coming out of last year believe it or not... But they seem to be "saving' it for something..
Bobpound!
Ummm, we got our 3rd 1st rounder last night, TE Njoku?? Damn, it they trade back people complain, trade up and people complain, stay pat and get their guy, and you guessed it, people complain.
-
Ok no comments on the fact that we traded out of the top of the 2nd round ?? What did we get for that?
I am getting more and more dissapointed.. Its like they are already throwing this season out again, in favor of a big move next year.... We are now half way down in the 2nd round. 1st pick in the 3rd and then nothing in the 4th and 3 in the 5th round..
So it looks like we gave up the top of the 2nd round to gain a 3rd round?? I just don't get what they are doing... I am getting more and more frustrated by the minute... I was very optomistic coming out of last year believe it or not... But they seem to be "saving' it for something..
Bobpound!
Ok no comments on the fact that we traded out of the top of the 2nd round ?? What did we get for that?
I am getting more and more dissapointed.. Its like they are already throwing this season out again, in favor of a big move next year.... We are now half way down in the 2nd round. 1st pick in the 3rd and then nothing in the 4th and 3 in the 5th round..
So it looks like we gave up the top of the 2nd round to gain a 3rd round?? I just don't get what they are doing... I am getting more and more frustrated by the minute... I was very optomistic coming out of last year believe it or not... But they seem to be "saving' it for something..
Bobpound!
Well, for one we moved up to the 1st with that second.
Also, 1st Round picks have a 5th year option on their Contracts that can save the Team some $.
So if the Player is turning out to be a Star it can be a good move for the Team to take that 5th year Option.
-
I'm wholly convinced about Peppers.. Anyone who has doubts should really
all the way through.Why did he have bad stats for a DB? Because he was the consummate team player and.. did the job they asked him to do, which was actually not to be a DB.
-
I'm wholly convinced about Peppers.. Anyone who has doubts should really
all the way through.Why did he have bad stats for a DB? Because he was the consummate team player and.. did the job they asked him to do, which was actually not to be a DB.
I'm wholly convinced about Peppers.. Anyone who has doubts should really
all the way through.Why did he have bad stats for a DB? Because he was the consummate team player and.. did the job they asked him to do, which was actually not to be a DB.
I think he's the one that has/had the Weed ding on him . . . ala Josh Gordon (not likely that bad though).
Also, he was not one particular position, so he's a hybrid . . . harder to evaluate.
-
3.) The trade back into the first round, I LOVED!!! Ndjoku was the #2 TE on MOST boards and was DEFINITELY NOT GOING to be there at 33. Bleacher report has him as a top 15 player. He is only 20 years old and is an athletic freak. He's a better version of Jimmy Graham. He's not opposed to blocking, he just has not mastered that skill yet as he is still GROWING into his frame. In his film, he showed a willingness to block in a pro style offense. He just needs to work on it. Also, that's his biggest flaw. His route running and hands are considered exceptional for a TE. This is adding a talented FB player to the roster who is going to pay off. Plus, I don't think this means Devalve is gone. In fact, I think this only strengthens what the browns want to do. If you put those two guys out there, plus with coleman and britt on the outside, who's going to cover the middle of the field? a LB? have fun. Ndjoku has pro bowl potential. BTW, Barndige is 32. He's a late bloomer but he is on the downside of his career. It would not surprise me if the browns try to trade him this weekend.
Lots to like about Njoku. He's an exceptional athlete with the physique of an action figure, but I am wondering who told you he has exceptional hands? 11% drop rate falls short of exceptional in my book.
Lots to like about Njoku. He's an exceptional athlete with the physique of an action figure, but I am wondering who told you he has exceptional hands? 11% drop rate falls short of exceptional in my book.
Something interesting: all of his drops were on passes 10 yards or less per PFF.
-
Lots to like about Njoku. He's an exceptional athlete with the physique of an action figure, but I am wondering who told you he has exceptional hands? 11% drop rate falls short of exceptional in my book.
Something interesting: all of his drops were on passes 10 yards or less per PFF.
Something interesting: all of his drops were on passes 10 yards or less per PFF.
Might be interesting to see clips of those particular drops to see what the circumstances were . . . too soon, too much traffic, rushed passes, etc.
-
NFL Draft grades: Winners
— Browns
Cleveland didn't get a quarterback, but it got a few more picks and ended up with three needed prospects instead of two.
Getting Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett at the top alone would have made for a stellar first round, but the Browns also got intriguing, athletic chess pieces for both sides of the ball in Michigan safety Jabrill Peppers and Miami tight end David Njoku. Sashi Brown should be very happy.
-
NFL Draft grades: Winners
— Browns
Cleveland didn't get a quarterback, but it got a few more picks and ended up with three needed prospects instead of two.
Getting Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett at the top alone would have made for a stellar first round, but the Browns also got intriguing, athletic chess pieces for both sides of the ball in Michigan safety Jabrill Peppers and Miami tight end David Njoku. Sashi Brown should be very happy.
NFL Draft grades: Winners— Browns
Cleveland didn't get a quarterback, but it got a few more picks and ended up with three needed prospects instead of two.
Getting Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett at the top alone would have made for a stellar first round, but the Browns also got intriguing, athletic chess pieces for both sides of the ball in Michigan safety Gerbil Peppers and Miami tight end David Njoku. Sashi Brown should be very happy.
..... and an '18 1st rounder!
-
I'm wholly convinced about Peppers.. Anyone who has doubts should really
all the way through.Why did he have bad stats for a DB? Because he was the consummate team player and.. did the job they asked him to do, which was actually not to be a DB.
I think he's the one that has/had the Weed ding on him . . . ala Josh Gordon (not likely that bad though).
Also, he was not one particular position, so he's a hybrid . . . harder to evaluate.
I think he's the one that has/had the Weed ding on him . . . ala Josh Gordon (not likely that bad though).
Also, he was not one particular position, so he's a hybrid . . . harder to evaluate.
He is only viewed as a hybrid because his D coordinator asked him to set the edge every play to cover for the lack of speed from UM's linebacker/DE's.. He would be a "normal" safety otherwise.
. -
Gather round children, as I tell you about Jabrill Peppers... Lol.
I'm just getting a kick out of this board and the opinions around Peppers.
-
I think he's the one that has/had the Weed ding on him . . . ala Josh Gordon (not likely that bad though).
Also, he was not one particular position, so he's a hybrid . . . harder to evaluate.
He is only viewed as a hybrid because his D coordinator asked him to set the edge every play to cover for the lack of speed from UM's linebacker/DE's.. He would be a "normal" safety otherwise.
.He is only viewed as a hybrid because his D coordinator asked him to set the edge every play to cover for the lack of speed from UM's linebacker/DE's.. He would be a "normal" safety otherwise.
.My understanding (from what I'm hearing) is that he played all over the the place, including O.
It has even been suggested that he will be doing KR/PR and possibly RB in addition to D.
Versatility can be great, but Jack of all Trades & Master of None . . . not sure that's what you're looking for from a 1st Rounder.
You want a Starter, and we certainly need some.
Time will tell, but that is one of my concerns on this one.
As a Browns Fan I want them all to be Studs, but realistically that's not going to happen.
-
Gather round children, as I tell you about Jabrill Peppers... Lol.
I'm just getting a kick out of this board and the opinions around Peppers.
Gather round children, as I tell you about Gerbil Peppers... Lol.
I'm just getting a kick out of this board and the opinions around Peppers.
So are we.
-
Gather round children, as I tell you about Gerbil Peppers... Lol.
I'm just getting a kick out of this board and the opinions around Peppers.
So are we.
-
Really? Shit, stop over at the political page one of these days.WOW! I don't think i have ever seen a level of just general disgust for very little reason.

WSS
Really? Shit, stop over at the political page one of these days.

WSS
????
-
With the context and background knowledge I have, it's even more entertaining
Yes a true legend in your own mind.

Context? Really? Not normal football jargon.
-
Two 1's and three 2's in 2018 add up to a shit-pot full of draft capital... ain't no denying that. As for our 2017 start...
Obviously I love Garrett... he was the only choice at #1.
While I get the Peppers is an athlete, I don't see his SS value... especially on a team with what I see as four legit contenders at SS already on the roster. Now his situational use? His return skills? Even his RB ability... I get those, but does that add up to the #25 overall?
Njoku... I can only guess our recon said move up or lose him. At 20 years old, he's a man-child with physical gifts. He does seem to have some "want-to" when it comes to inline blocking, but he has a ways to go... and I'm just not into one-dimensional TEs... especially when I see some already on our roster.
But man, do we ever have a gaping Day 2/3 hole in our draft now... and there are a lot of good players there.
Two 1's and three 2's in 2018 add up to a shit-pot full of draft capital... ain't no denying that. As for our 2017 start...
Obviously I love Garrett... he was the only choice at #1.
While I get the Peppers is an athlete, I don't see his SS value... especially on a team with what I see as four legit contenders at SS already on the roster. Now his situational use? His return skills? Even his RB ability... I get those, but does that add up to the #25 overall?
Njoku... I can only guess our recon said move up or lose him. At 20 years old, he's a man-child with physical gifts. He does seem to have some "want-to" when it comes to inline blocking, but he has a ways to go... and I'm just not into one-dimensional TEs... especially when I see some already on our roster.
But man, do we ever have a gaping Day 2/3 hole in our draft now... and there are a lot of good players there.
This is spot on
-
Two 1's and three 2's in 2018 add up to a shit-pot full of draft capital... ain't no denying that. As for our 2017 start...
Obviously I love Garrett... he was the only choice at #1.
While I get the Peppers is an athlete, I don't see his SS value... especially on a team with what I see as four legit contenders at SS already on the roster. Now his situational use? His return skills? Even his RB ability... I get those, but does that add up to the #25 overall?
Njoku... I can only guess our recon said move up or lose him. At 20 years old, he's a man-child with physical gifts. He does seem to have some "want-to" when it comes to inline blocking, but he has a ways to go... and I'm just not into one-dimensional TEs... especially when I see some already on our roster.
But man, do we ever have a gaping Day 2/3 hole in our draft now... and there are a lot of good players there.
This is spot on
This is spot on
Thanks, BH.... unfortunately we saw it play out tonite. Zero help for our 2ndary...
Now I gotta look in the bargain bins again...
-
This is spot on
Thanks, BH.... unfortunately we saw it play out tonite. Zero help for our 2ndary...
Now I gotta look in the bargain bins again...
Thanks, BH.... unfortunately we saw it play out tonite. Zero help for our 2ndary...
Now I gotta look in the bargain bins again...
B....but....but... we got Jabrill



Pass rush can help our secondary. Watching as much film on Ogunjobi as I can right now. I'll be back tomorrow with my synopsis.
-
Lots to like about Njoku. He's an exceptional athlete with the physique of an action figure, but I am wondering who told you he has exceptional hands? 11% drop rate falls short of exceptional in my book.
Something interesting: all of his drops were on passes 10 yards or less per PFF.
Something interesting: all of his drops were on passes 10 yards or less per PFF.
They've been labeled focus drops, which doesn't necessarily mean he has bad hands, but he still has work to put in to be considered a guy with "exceptional hands"
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login