Skip to content

52 and 65

The Browns Board
48 21 1.4k
  • Awuzie would be a great pick

  • I'm gonna predict McDowell at 52 if he's there, which is a big if.

    I said it all night last night but Quincy Wilson is another guy I'd like to welcome to the Browns, don't see him lasting to 65, though. Luckily, there are still several quality CBs on the board.

  • Can we motivate McDowell?

  • Can we motivate McDowell?

    @mld-woody said:

    Can we motivate McDowell?

    Yes, put him next to Garrett who will inform him he better play like a pro or risk being thrown at the QB. ๐Ÿ˜‰

  • If anything, McDowell would be an interior subpackage player.

    Still don't think I want to take the chance.

  • If Cam Robinson drops to say 15, go get him.

  • How bout Foster Jr., Ryan Anderson? Any thoughts on him out there?

  • ... or the NorthWestern kid Walker?

    Feels like another 2ndary kid... CB this time then maybe a QB.

    But I would not be shocked to see 3.01 traded down if we can add a 4th.

  • Almost forgot-Zack Cunningham-guy is a player

  • 2nd the Z Cunningham, would love that pick

  • Desmond King or starting slot receiver at #65.

  • Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 17 (WASH): Jabrill Peppers, SS/FS, Michigan (A)
    Round 1 Pick 28 (DAL): David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 20: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 1: Larry Ogunjobi, DT, Charlotte (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 1
    Round 5 Pick 31
    Round 5 Pick 37 (COMP)
    Round 6 Pick 1
    Round 6 Pick 4

    This is how our F.O. is doing right now First-Pick Draft Game wise... lol They must play too lol

  • So awesome my alma mater charlotte had its first ever draft pick go to my brownies!

    This guy is a stud who would have been a first round pick if he went to a top tier school. Go larry!

  • Garrett, Shelton, Ogunjobi, Nassib

    Ogbah, Kirksey, Collins

    Haden, Taylor, BC

    Kindred, Peppers

    That's a nice Defense. Wish we could have gotten Jourdan Lewis...

  • defense is shaping up nicely. Would love if the Browns pick up Switzer in a later round to bolster the offense as well, could be a crafty slot receiver.

  • ummmmmm no... 2ndary still needs a little help and a lot of quality names came off the board tonite.

  • ummmmmm no... 2ndary still needs a little help and a lot of quality names came off the board tonite.

    @tour2ma said:

    ummmmmm no... 2ndary still needs a little help and a lot of quality names came off the board tonite.

    Secondary needs a lot of help Tour. I've vented all I'm (hopefully) going to do about the Kizer pick. ๐Ÿ˜ก No doubt what the 2017 QB game plan is now. Roll with Kessler and the Ostrich, let DeShone sit, learn, and get the mechanics fixed. I'd love to know what the hell the Browns were thinking when they drafted him.

  • Garrett, Shelton, Ogunjobi, Nassib

    Ogbah, Kirksey, Collins

    Haden, Taylor, BC

    Kindred, Peppers

    That's a nice Defense. Wish we could have gotten Jourdan Lewis...

    @poeticg said:

    Garrett, Shelton, Ogunjobi, Nassib

    Ogbah, Kirksey, Collins

    Haden, Taylor, BC

    Kindred, Peppers

    That's a nice Defense. Wish we could have gotten Jourdan Lewis...

    Ogbah is a DE

    Lewis is a nickel CB

    If we wanted another Wolverine it would have been Wormleyโ€‹

  • So awesome my alma mater charlotte had its first ever draft pick go to my brownies!

    This guy is a stud who would have been a first round pick if he went to a top tier school. Go larry!

    @jrb12711 said:

    So awesome my alma mater charlotte had its first ever draft pick go to my brownies!

    This guy is a stud who would have been a first round pick if he went to a top tier school. Go larry!

    I was asking myself why they went with him over then on the board players with higher ratings (some lists anyway) like Wormley from Michigan and Adams from Auburn. Then I remembered my prediction that some of our choices would come from Williams getting hands on defensive players from the Senior Bowl and low and behold, there he was on the South squad along with Adams. Williams had them all week and rated him higher. Then I looked at the North squad and there was Wormley, so we also had a week to observe him, though maybe to a lesser extent.

    Well after we chose Kizer, I really wanted another DT and was suggesting one of those other two. I had to look up the kid from Charlotte whom I had never heard of before that pick because I was saying, "WTF?"

    Now I feel so much better about the pick because it hit the need I had on my board, but with someone Williams (and the Browns) had a chance to evaluate first hand. Now I need to track down the Senior Bowl game tape to watch him in action against the higher rated players in the land.

    Good pick Browns-hit the need just at the right time (#65)with exactly the right guy. He was #61 on the CBS board which is one of the best boards out there.

  • SUMMARY: A four-year starter at Charlotte, Ogunjobi lined up mostly as the nose tackle in the 49ers 3-4 base scheme and will be remembered as one of the

    founding players of the program, starting every game in school history. His size, length and core strength arent ideal, but he has the initial quickness and body control

    to wedge through gaps and create confusion in the backfield. While he is still developing the fundamentals, Ogunjobi uses his leverage and very active hands to

    detach from blocks and close on the target. He played mostly over the center or A-gap at Charlotte, but projects best as a one-gap, penetrating three-technique at

    the next level with his quick, balanced skill-set.