52 and 65
-
Yeah...they whiffed on free safety, no doubt about it. We did invest in positions of need, and the one that COULD have gone free safety was Njoku. I'm not going to bicker too much, as it's pretty obvious what our staff is trying to do. They are trying to find the biggest, fastest freaks out there, and add their athleticism to our squad. It makes sense, and I'm cool with it so far. I'm trying not to be pissed off about trading down from 12 and not selecting Hooker, but it's hard. I really wanted him and didn't think we had a chance in hell for him to be available, so to see him on the board and not take him hurt badly. The blow is somewhat lessened by the acquisition of a future 1st round pick, and this time next year we COULD be singing the praises of this deal. I pick Houston to go 7-9, and I don't think they will be returning to the playoffs...no matter HOW good their defense is. Even though I expect them to sign Jay Cutler, I don't see them repeating and making the playoffs. We'll win 5 games (in my distorted brain), and that will place us around pick 10. So next year I think we'll be picking at 10 and 16. If next year's QB class is truly better, we'll have all the ammo we need to try and move up for somebody is Kizer shits the sheets.
-
ummmmmm no... 2ndary still needs a little help and a lot of quality names came off the board tonite.
ummmmmm no... 2ndary still needs a little help and a lot of quality names came off the board tonite.
Yes, I agree. I guess a question has to be asked: do these guys have faith in Jamar Taylor, Joe Haden, Campbell, Kindred, Reynods, Boddy-Calhoun etc.? At this point, since it seems that they don't have picks until round 5.....how can we expect any 5th/6th/7th rounder to really be considered any better than all these guys? I personally don't think we can.
-
ummmmmm no... 2ndary still needs a little help and a lot of quality names came off the board tonite.
Yes, I agree. I guess a question has to be asked: do these guys have faith in Jamar Taylor, Joe Haden, Campbell, Kindred, Reynods, Boddy-Calhoun etc.? At this point, since it seems that they don't have picks until round 5.....how can we expect any 5th/6th/7th rounder to really be considered any better than all these guys? I personally don't think we can.
....how can we expect any 5th/6th/7th rounder to really be considered any better than all these guys? I personally don't think we can.
Correct o mundo.....
Not likely to find DB help today.....perhaps a ST guy or developmental project....but thats it....Boddy Calhoun Williams III?
-
So awesome my alma mater charlotte had its first ever draft pick go to my brownies!
This guy is a stud who would have been a first round pick if he went to a top tier school. Go larry!
I was asking myself why they went with him over then on the board players with higher ratings (some lists anyway) like Wormley from Michigan and Adams from Auburn. Then I remembered my prediction that some of our choices would come from Williams getting hands on defensive players from the Senior Bowl and low and behold, there he was on the South squad along with Adams. Williams had them all week and rated him higher. Then I looked at the North squad and there was Wormley, so we also had a week to observe him, though maybe to a lesser extent.
Well after we chose Kizer, I really wanted another DT and was suggesting one of those other two. I had to look up the kid from Charlotte whom I had never heard of before that pick because I was saying, "WTF?"
Now I feel so much better about the pick because it hit the need I had on my board, but with someone Williams (and the Browns) had a chance to evaluate first hand. Now I need to track down the Senior Bowl game tape to watch him in action against the higher rated players in the land.
Good pick Browns-hit the need just at the right time (#65)with exactly the right guy. He was #61 on the CBS board which is one of the best boards out there.
I was asking myself why they went with him over then on the board players with higher ratings (some lists anyway) like Wormley from Michigan and Adams from Auburn. Then I remembered my prediction that some of our choices would come from Williams getting hands on defensive players from the Senior Bowl and low and behold, there he was on the South squad along with Adams. Williams had them all week and rated him higher. Then I looked at the North squad and there was Wormley, so we also had a week to observe him, though maybe to a lesser extent.
Well after we chose Kizer, I really wanted another DT and was suggesting one of those other two. I had to look up the kid from Charlotte whom I had never heard of before that pick because I was saying, "WTF?"
Now I feel so much better about the pick because it hit the need I had on my board, but with someone Williams (and the Browns) had a chance to evaluate first hand. Now I need to track down the Senior Bowl game tape to watch him in action against the higher rated players in the land.
Good pick Browns-hit the need just at the right time (#65)with exactly the right guy. He was #61 on the CBS board which is one of the best boards out there.
I knew about Ogunjobi from researching picks for our Browns Board Mock Draft. I picked in about the third round for either the Rams or Jags who I was drafting for. So, I personally think we did OK getting him at #65.
-
Yup.... "raw", but talented...
So now it is pretty crowded at DT, but can save "who's out" for another day...
Secondary needs a lot of help Tour. I've vented all I'm (hopefully) going to do about the Kizer pick.
No doubt what the 2017 QB game plan is now. Roll with Kessler and the Ostrich, let DeShone sit, learn, and get the mechanics fixed. I'd love to know what the hell the Browns were thinking when they drafted him.Imma go with BPA? Kizer was certainly in that argument at 2.20, even if it's not the way I'd have gone...
I think "lil help" is right... a FS prospect and a CB. Our pass D has already gotten two boosts this off-season in Williams and Garrett.
IMO the quality at the above 2ndary positions was still fairly to pretty-damn high... yesterday. Now? Let you know in a bit... gotta sift thru my list of prospects I never thought we'd have to consider. There are still some good prospects, just not going to come with the probability of success I saw in a half-dozen or so last nite...
Yup.... "raw", but talented...
So now it is pretty crowded at DT, but can save "who's out" for another day...
Imma go with BPA? Kizer was certainly in that argument at 2.20, even if it's not the way I'd have gone...
I think "lil help" is right... a FS prospect and a CB. Our pass D has already gotten two boosts this off-season in Williams and Garrett. (Williams?)
IMO the quality at the above 2ndary positions was still fairly to pretty-damn high... yesterday. Now? Let you know in a bit... gotta sift thru my list of prospects I never thought we'd have to consider. There are still some good prospects, just not going to come with the probability of success I saw in a half-dozen or so last nite...
I was of the opinion that the Browns roster was NOT crowded at the DT position...not for a 4-3 base. As far as I know, we just had Shelton, Meder, Nile-Stample, and maybe Des Bryant. I didn't think that was being overcrowded at all.
-
I was hoping for a stud cb
-
-
Yeah...they whiffed on free safety, no doubt about it. We did invest in positions of need, and the one that COULD have gone free safety was Njoku. I'm not going to bicker too much, as it's pretty obvious what our staff is trying to do. They are trying to find the biggest, fastest freaks out there, and add their athleticism to our squad. It makes sense, and I'm cool with it so far. I'm trying not to be pissed off about trading down from 12 and not selecting Hooker, but it's hard. I really wanted him and didn't think we had a chance in hell for him to be available, so to see him on the board and not take him hurt badly. The blow is somewhat lessened by the acquisition of a future 1st round pick, and this time next year we COULD be singing the praises of this deal. I pick Houston to go 7-9, and I don't think they will be returning to the playoffs...no matter HOW good their defense is. Even though I expect them to sign Jay Cutler, I don't see them repeating and making the playoffs. We'll win 5 games (in my distorted brain), and that will place us around pick 10. So next year I think we'll be picking at 10 and 16. If next year's QB class is truly better, we'll have all the ammo we need to try and move up for somebody is Kizer shits the sheets.
Yeah...they whiffed on free safety, no doubt about it. We did invest in positions of need, and the one that COULD have gone free safety was Njoku.
The trade up certainly consumed the pick that could have filled our perceived need at FS... the 2.01...
-
Yeah...they whiffed on free safety, no doubt about it. We did invest in positions of need, and the one that COULD have gone free safety was Njoku.
The trade up certainly consumed the pick that could have filled our perceived need at FS... the 2.01...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login