Skip to content

Barnidge cut

The Browns Board
68 33 2.4k
  • What the actual fuck. You cut a decent producing veteran that couldve mentored Njoku, and who had a pro bowl worthy season 2 years ago. They have some explaining to do

  • Jeez he's not Gronkowski. Still rebuilding, relax

  • Also, you're telling me NO TEAM is looking for a tight end that has expierience, can block decently, has size, and can catch? Getting nothing back for him is disgraceful

  • Also, you're telling me NO TEAM is looking for a tight end that has expierience, can block decently, has size, and can catch? Getting nothing back for him is disgraceful

    @hoodums19 said:

    Also, you're telling me NO TEAM is looking for a tight end that has expierience, can block decently, has size, and can catch? Getting nothing back for him is disgraceful

    I'm sure they tried

  • Jeez he's not Gronkowski. Still rebuilding, relax

    @londonbrown said:

    Jeez he's not Gronkowski. Still rebuilding, relax

    Mo but he was a pro bowl guy who showed loyalty to our team. Bad look on the Browns
  • @hoodums19 said:

    Also, you're telling me NO TEAM is looking for a tight end that has expierience, can block decently, has size, and can catch? Getting nothing back for him is disgraceful

    I'm sure they tried

    @mld-woody said:

    I'm sure they tried

    I think so too, just feel bad for the guy, you could tell he loved the city and the team. Unfortunate we couldnt get anything for him

  • People get cut everyday.

  • It's being looked at as a favor to him in that it gives him more time to hook up with a Team versus waiting until Training Camp.

    Makes sense, though I still hate to see him go

  • @mld-woody said:

    I'm sure they tried

    I think so too, just feel bad for the guy, you could tell he loved the city and the team. Unfortunate we couldnt get anything for him

    @hoodums19 said:

    I think so too, just feel bad for the guy, you could tell he loved the city and the team. Unfortunate we couldnt get anything for him

    It's better for him to cut him now rather than ride him through pre-season and then cut. At least he has a chance to sign with and impress someone else for a few months.

    ^

    ^

    great minds think alike JAFBF 😁 😄

  • Thanks Gary, and good luck to you..... Business, is business.

  • Jeez he's not Gronkowski. Still rebuilding, relax

    @londonbrown said:

    Jeez he's not Gronkowski. Still rebuilding, relax

    Know what? I'm tired of this crap. He's not Gronk, But at a projected $3.8 million, he wasn't getting paid like him either. Same deal as Pryor. Moneyball to the extreme.

    And to those who haven't figured out the direction this team is headed. Let me give you what I remember of Sashi's quote. "We still have a lot of holes to fill". Translation: "were going to suck (again) for Sam (Darnold). Our goal this year is to improve- from 1-15 to 3-13. This will be another year where Haslam is going to be questioning his decision if he put the right guys in place. Sashi must be 100% confident he's got 5 years to get the Browns in order, or he wouldn't be pushing picks into 2018. London- I'm glad I didn't totally commit to the England trip, because I'm not flying over there and spend big bucks, only to watch the Browns get embarrassed.

    Hey I like that one. "Suck for Sam". Something I can get behind.

  • you know you're pretty ordinary when jordan cameron outshined you.

  • No surprise here.. I saw this coming.. but I'm surprised they didnt bring him back to camp...

  • Thought Telfer might be the one to go, but not totally shocked except that Barn apparently had zero trade value. I mean not even a future 6th?

    Good luck, Gary... thanks for 2015...

  • Jeez he's not Gronkowski. Still rebuilding, relax

    @londonbrown said:

    Jeez he's not Gronkowski. Still rebuilding, relax

    We've been 'still rebuilding for almost 20 years.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Jeez he's not Gronkowski. Still rebuilding, relax

    Know what? I'm tired of this crap. He's not Gronk, But at a projected $3.8 million, he wasn't getting paid like him either. Same deal as Pryor. Moneyball to the extreme.

    And to those who haven't figured out the direction this team is headed. Let me give you what I remember of Sashi's quote. "We still have a lot of holes to fill". Translation: "were going to suck (again) for Sam (Darnold). Our goal this year is to improve- from 1-15 to 3-13. This will be another year where Haslam is going to be questioning his decision if he put the right guys in place. Sashi must be 100% confident he's got 5 years to get the Browns in order, or he wouldn't be pushing picks into 2018. London- I'm glad I didn't totally commit to the England trip, because I'm not flying over there and spend big bucks, only to watch the Browns get embarrassed.

    Hey I like that one. "Suck for Sam". Something I can get behind.

    @hoorta said:

    Know what? I'm tired of this crap. He's not Gronk, But at a projected $3.8 million, he wasn't getting paid like him either. Same deal as Pryor. Moneyball to the extreme.

    And to those who haven't figured out the direction this team is headed. Let me give you what I remember of Sashi's quote. "We still have a lot of holes to fill". Translation: "were going to suck (again) for Sam (Darnold). Our goal this year is to improve- from 1-15 to 3-13. This will be another year where Haslam is going to be questioning his decision if he put the right guys in place. Sashi must be 100% confident he's got 5 years to get the Browns in order, or he wouldn't be pushing picks into 2018. London- I'm glad I didn't totally commit to the England trip, because I'm not flying over there and spend big bucks, only to watch the Browns get embarrassed.

    Hey I like that one. "Suck for Sam". Something I can get behind.

    Agree. This will be one long losing suckfest of a season.

  • I don't understand the rush to cut Barnidge. I think its obvious his time was winding down, but I probably would have kept him through this season to give me an experienced guy who can help mentor the other guys and phase him out. I don't see the advantage to cutting him.

  • This smacks of the old: "he's not one of our guys" bullshit. Is every player that was not selected specifically by this front office get show the door because they were not "our guy".

    I agree, its like: he is to be all of 32 this year, so lets get rid of him because he is that old.

    What can DeValve do that Barnidge can't? Other than be a choice of this front office?

  • I don't understand the rush to cut Barnidge. I think its obvious his time was winding down, but I probably would have kept him through this season to give me an experienced guy who can help mentor the other guys and phase him out. I don't see the advantage to cutting him.

    @runyon27 said:

    I don't understand the rush to cut Barnidge. I think its obvious his time was winding down, but I probably would have kept him through this season to give me an experienced guy who can help mentor the other guys and phase him out. I don't see the advantage to cutting him.

    It's simple really-a 32 year old TE wasn't worth playing over the young TE core we have to play for the future on a rebuilding team. He wasn't going to be on the team next year so keeping a guy on a maybe 4-5 win team getting reps over future players isn't some wild idea. They did him a professional solid instead of dragging him along too.

    It's the NFL, it happens all the time.

  • Njoku is a Hybrid, not a typical TE, seems like they would have been on the field a lot together... Not a fan of this move at all!