Skip to content

F draft grade

The Browns Board
84 28 2.8k
  • No one can say what the grade is. Wait until the season is over.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    No one can say what the grade is. Wait until the season is over.

    so far what it represents it does look good

  • No one can say what the grade is. Wait until the season is over.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    No one can say what the grade is. Wait until the season is over.

    You may have to wait a lot longer than a season to see how a player pans out.

    I believe the grades are based on things like if a team has filled its needs, how many highly ranked players a team acquires, and "steals" of the draft.

  • Just waiting for ghoulie to shit on my parade.

    @lbc-mike said:

    Just waiting for ghoulie to shit on my parade.

    His knowledge of football is quite apparent. The ghoul is a fool. 😉

  • Best draft in 10years for us

  • Best draft in 10years for us

    @lbc-mike said:

    Best draft in 10years for us

    The worst grade I saw was a B, the rest A-, A, A+. Hard to believe even for Believeland.

  • @lbc-mike said:

    Best draft in 10years for us

    The worst grade I saw was a B, the rest A-, A, A+. Hard to believe even for Believeland.

    @mjp28 said:

    The worst grade I saw was a B, the rest A-, A, A+. Hard to believe even for Believeland.

    Which makes me wonder why so many people here are negative on the draft. Damaged goods from all the years of suck?

  • Its kinda new

  • @lbc-mike said:

    Just waiting for ghoulie to shit on my parade.

    I'll beat him to it. 🙂 A+ for rounds 1, 3-7. Epic FAIL in round two. If you bat .800 in the draft, you've done well. Don't get all excited just yet though. I even have faint hope Kizer might not be the total POS I have him rated at now.

    @lbc-mike said:

    Players wanted Garrett think he will do good in the locker room also

    Garrett is cool and personable. He will take the guys out on a fossil hunt in the local shale beds.

    @hoorta said:

    I'll beat him to it. 🙂 A+ for rounds 1, 3-7. Epic FAIL in round two. If you bat .800 in the draft, you've done well. Don't get all excited just yet though. I even have faint hope Kizer might not be the total POS I have him rated at now.

    Garrett is cool and personable. He will take the guys out on a fossil hunt in the local shale beds.

    Suck it up already, sissy

  • @mjp28 said:

    The worst grade I saw was a B, the rest A-, A, A+. Hard to believe even for Believeland.

    Which makes me wonder why so many people here are negative on the draft. Damaged goods from all the years of suck?

    @osiris said:

    Which makes me wonder why so many people here are negative on the draft. Damaged goods from all the years of suck?

    That may be somewhat true even for us old die-hards.

  • People here are negative because they are old, dumb, and don't understand a fucking thing about the game.

    This board is just mainly a bunch of old fogeys bitching at each other about how every player here should be a white guy from Cleveland

  • People here are negative because they are old, dumb, and don't understand a fucking thing about the game.

    This board is just mainly a bunch of old fogeys bitching at each other about how every player here should be a white guy from Cleveland

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    People here are negative because they are old, dumb, and don't understand a fucking thing about the game.

    This board is just mainly a bunch of old fogeys bitching at each other about how every player here should be a white guy from Cleveland

    I'm old, not dumb and not bitching. Loved the entire draft. This FO has turned a single Wentz pick into half a football team. Anyway it's not an "old" thing, it's more of a Browns PDTS thing many of them suffer from lol. Oh and no that's not a typo it's Post Draft Trauma Syndrome.
  • A nice draft for the Browns. I still don't like Peppers + 2018 first rounder vs. Hooker. Best pick was Kizer - which may not pan out but worth the risk at that spot. Could also have selected Howard at 12 and Peppers at 33. Those would have made it an A draft. For now I'll give it a B+

  • People here are negative because they are old, dumb, and don't understand a fucking thing about the game.

    This board is just mainly a bunch of old fogeys bitching at each other about how every player here should be a white guy from Cleveland

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    People here are negative because they are old, dumb, and don't understand a fucking thing about the game.

    This board is just mainly a bunch of old fogeys bitching at each other about how every player here should be a white guy from Cleveland

    I need to keep reminding myself that this Board isn't a representative sample of all Browns fans because if it were I'd be clinically depressed.

  • A nice draft for the Browns. I still don't like Peppers + 2018 first rounder vs. Hooker. Best pick was Kizer - which may not pan out but worth the risk at that spot. Could also have selected Howard at 12 and Peppers at 33. Those would have made it an A draft. For now I'll give it a B+

    @frenchie said:

    Peppers + 2018 first rounder vs. Hooker. /// Howard at 12 and Peppers at 33

    1) Hooker is good, but he's not good enough to be a quality starter at two positions at the same time.

    Don't forget.. the reason Peppers had bad stats this past season is because he accepted the role of 3rd LB so the team could do well.. all he did was one of set the edge, blitz, or fake blitz and drop into shallow zone

    2) Howard + Peppers vs Ngoku + Peppers + 2018 first-rounder is... also won by the third quality starter at a position that we don't have on this team yet.

    In case you may not have noticed, we lack a lot of talent. Until we don't, better move long term for the roster is more quality starters.

  • People here are negative because they are old, dumb, and don't understand a fucking thing about the game.

    This board is just mainly a bunch of old fogeys bitching at each other about how every player here should be a white guy from Cleveland

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    People here are negative because they are old, dumb, and don't understand a fucking thing about the game.

    This board is just mainly a bunch of old fogeys bitching at each other about how every player here should be a white guy from Cleveland

    I can't speak for all of us old fogeys but this Sickasucky would rather be Dances with Woofs again.

    I was ecstatic we didn't trade up for a QB in round 1 in this draft. We've traded up for Phipps, Quinn, Weeden and Manziel just so guys like Sipe, DA, and Hoyer could end up outperforming them. It's about time we stopped blowing off history here. In doing so, we ended up with 3 first round draft picks...

  • People here are negative because they are old, dumb, and don't understand a fucking thing about the game.

    This board is just mainly a bunch of old fogeys bitching at each other about how every player here should be a white guy from Cleveland

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    People here are negative because they are old, dumb, and don't understand a fucking thing about the game.

    This board is just mainly a bunch of old fogeys bitching at each other about how every player here should be a white guy from Cleveland

    I suppose you think I hate Garrett because he's from Texas, and Peppers because he went to Michigan? Bite me. Wasn't bitching about the first three selections. Us old guys know crap when we see it, and until he improves 500% Kizer is crap. He's nowhere on the anal- litics scale, so why the hell did they draft hm- huh? I'm not going to rehash all the reasons why I think he's a piss poor pick, so go look up my comments in other threads.

    If you think I'm down on Kizer because he's not Trubisky? You're full of shit. I understand enough of the game to know Kizer needs a ton of work to be worth a damn. Watched some of Gruden's qb camp, and even my untrained eye caught mechanical stuff that is piss poor, and directly affects his accuracy. Or do you want to tell me 58% completion percentage in today's modern age of qbs is f**king great? On field flaws aside. He interviews like a robot- a smart one. Little wonder the Harvard Geek Squad loves him- he communicates on their level. Doubt like hell those fatass OL guys with 80 IQs protecting him are going to relate to him though. Has all the personality of a dead fish. I seriously doubt he has the people skills to be a team leader.

    Trust me, if you're looking for "the face of the franchise" Deshone ain't it. The only way he's going to win people over is win games, and 4-8 at Notre Dame tells me he can't elevate inferior talent.

  • OK a few from sources:

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2017/04/29/nfl-draft-team-grades-2017-best-worst-classes-picks/101083944/

    https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/29/nfl-draft-grades-team-picks-results-analysis

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000804541/article/2017-nfl-draft-quicksnap-grades-for-all-32-teams

    http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/04/29/nfl-draft-grades-full-analysis-of-every-teams-2017-class/

    http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/04/29/nfl-draft-grades-full-analysis-of-every-teams-2017-class/

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams-five-earn-as-two-fall-short-with-ds/

    Walter Football by player and then a team grade-have to click through it.

    http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades.php

    Interesting comments on the K from Walterfootball:

    brownsb_logo.gif Cleveland Browns: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State: B+ Grade
    For those who know little about Zane Gonzalez, the Arizona State kicker drilled seven of his nine attempts from beyond 50 in 2016. The Browns would've won two games had they owned a better kicker, so Gonzalez will surely be an upgrade.

    Also: "The Browns did a very good job overall with their draft. It wasn't great, but I think a B+ suffices. The Browns getting a B+ grade for anything is like winning a Super Bowl, so congratulations, Cleveland! I look forward to the parade."

    EDIT: And an A+ from foxsports: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-draft-grades-2017-final-teams-cowboys-bears-giants-steelers-how-did-your-team-do-042917

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    People here are negative because they are old, dumb, and don't understand a fucking thing about the game.

    This board is just mainly a bunch of old fogeys bitching at each other about how every player here should be a white guy from Cleveland

    I suppose you think I hate Garrett because he's from Texas, and Peppers because he went to Michigan? Bite me. Wasn't bitching about the first three selections. Us old guys know crap when we see it, and until he improves 500% Kizer is crap. He's nowhere on the anal- litics scale, so why the hell did they draft hm- huh? I'm not going to rehash all the reasons why I think he's a piss poor pick, so go look up my comments in other threads.

    If you think I'm down on Kizer because he's not Trubisky? You're full of shit. I understand enough of the game to know Kizer needs a ton of work to be worth a damn. Watched some of Gruden's qb camp, and even my untrained eye caught mechanical stuff that is piss poor, and directly affects his accuracy. Or do you want to tell me 58% completion percentage in today's modern age of qbs is f**king great? On field flaws aside. He interviews like a robot- a smart one. Little wonder the Harvard Geek Squad loves him- he communicates on their level. Doubt like hell those fatass OL guys with 80 IQs protecting him are going to relate to him though. Has all the personality of a dead fish. I seriously doubt he has the people skills to be a team leader.

    Trust me, if you're looking for "the face of the franchise" Deshone ain't it. The only way he's going to win people over is win games, and 4-8 at Notre Dame tells me he can't elevate inferior talent.

    @hoorta said:

    I suppose you think I hate Garrett because he's from Texas, and Peppers because he went to Michigan? Bite me. Wasn't bitching about the first three selections. Us old guys know crap when we see it, and until he improves 500% Kizer is crap. He's nowhere on the anal- litics scale, so why the hell did they draft hm- huh? I'm not going to rehash all the reasons why I think he's a piss poor pick, so go look up my comments in other threads.

    If you think I'm down on Kizer because he's not Trubisky? You're full of shit. I understand enough of the game to know Kizer needs a ton of work to be worth a damn. Watched some of Gruden's qb camp, and even my untrained eye caught mechanical stuff that is piss poor, and directly affects his accuracy. Or do you want to tell me 58% completion percentage in today's modern age of qbs is f**king great? On field flaws aside. He interviews like a robot- a smart one. Little wonder the Harvard Geek Squad loves him- he communicates on their level. Doubt like hell those fatass OL guys with 80 IQs protecting him are going to relate to him though. Has all the personality of a dead fish. I seriously doubt he has the people skills to be a team leader.

    Trust me, if you're looking for "the face of the franchise" Deshone ain't it. The only way he's going to win people over is win games, and 4-8 at Notre Dame tells me he can't elevate inferior talent.

    There are certain things about a QB that are either impossible or hard to change like height and arm strength and athleticism. He is all set there which is why he has the highest ceiling of anyone in this draft. I don't knock you for being critical of his mechanics and leadership skills but both of those things are teachable. It will be the coaches job to fix the mechanics and I have personally seen leadership emerge in people who previously appeared to have none once their circumstances changed. Give the guy a chance, and if it doesn't pan out, like you said, we've got 2018.

    And from a practical standpoint I also think the Browns would've traded for 5 to grab Trubisky if he were available and I also think KC leap-frogged the Browns to get Mahomes because the Browns were going to take him at 12. This explains the inexpensive trade down where I also think they could've gotten more, but they just took what they could get.

  • People here are negative because they are old, dumb, and don't understand a fucking thing about the game.

    This board is just mainly a bunch of old fogeys bitching at each other about how every player here should be a white guy from Cleveland

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    People here are negative because they are old, dumb, and don't understand a fucking thing about the game.

    This board is just mainly a bunch of old fogeys bitching at each other about how every player here should be a white guy from Cleveland

    LOL! I didn't want either of the QBs from Ohio black or white. In fact I didn't want any QB in this class at all. Just never saw anything that screamed "franchise", only "desperatin". Yeah he was a value pick, just not for my value. I'd have gone another great defensive player right there and used next year's picks to find the franchise QB.

    I am an old bastard, but I also clearly see what I do and don't want for a QB and he is in next year's class. Every team taking a QB this year where they did in rounds 1 & 2 reached, including the Browns IMO. They were all artificially moved up the board from start to finish.

  • "you pick a qb every year until you find the guy"

    "What the fuck why would the browns pick the biggest most physically gifted qb in the class? Morons. Worst draft ever!"

    - the browns board