UDFA Signing Tracker
-
Hats off to your work here JAFBF. Had the same thought as Mike but l see the wr's a coming. Looking for the next Gabriel or Sneed.
-
Boutte is a big kid 6'4 350. Any SEC guys here know much about him?
Boutte is a big kid 6'4 350. Any SEC guys here know much about him?
I know Myles had one of his worst games against LSU last year. Those guys love to mash you.
-
Boutte is a big kid 6'4 350. Any SEC guys here know much about him?
Boutte is a big kid 6'4 350. Any SEC guys here know much about him?
Here's video of him vrs Mississippi State. He's a little inconsistent with getting out of his stance on time which shows up on play #3 when he gets beat in short yardage. When the running play is supposed to come off your fanny - you cannot be the last guy on the line out of stance. Play #4 was also supposed to go off his fanny and it ended up as a loss of yardage from the LBer blitzing up inside of him untouched combining with the unblocked DT on his outside shoulder for the TFL. He might want to wait on getting to the second level by applying the basic man rule blocking principle of getting the ILBer shooting his inside gap. That looked well advertised pre-snap. Shortly thereafter, I think Boutte's blatant hold nullified what appeared to be a TD pass that would have put LSU up 7-0 at 1:28 into the video.
On their first scoring drive, they eventually ran behind Boutte for about 4 yards to get the ball down inside the 1 yard line. The very next play Fournette took the direct snap and leaped over his Center for the TD
When LSU ran to the left (away from Boutte) - I liked how he stayed with his guy that was trying to pursue the ball carrier all the way to the whistle. There were a couple episodes of anchor cleats in pass pro but there were also times he looked okay. This 5 minute video tells me he needs to get a lot more consistent if he wants to make an NFL team. I think if he dropped his weight down to about 330-335 lbs it would help considerably. As with a lot of big fellers, sloppiness sets in with fatigue.
It doesn't look like Boutte can bend well which makes me wonder how he'd handle some of the compact 340 lb powerhouses at DT that can get up underneath him at the next level. I wish I had other matchups of him to watch. His tendency to remind me of Uh-O'Neal Cousins at the worst of times is a red flag.
-
I really like the Kai Signing
-
I was hoping to see Jordan Westerkamp on the list. The kid has the best hands I've ever seen. No hyperbole. He's had Tommy Brainweak throwing to him for four years, so he had to catch everything that touched his hands because who knew when the next pass would be within arms reach.
-
Yep, might as well start it :
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/4/29/15442116/undrafted-free-agent-signings-tracker-2017-nfl-draft
Browns have already signed :
LB - B.J. Bello (Illinois State)
DE - Jamal Marcus (Akron)
DB - J.D. Harmon (Kentucky)
CB - Channing Stribling (Michigan)
CB - Najee Murray (Kent State)
DE/OLB - Karter Schult (Northern Iowa)
LB - Kenneth Olugbode (Colorado)
OL - Freddie Tagaloa (Arizona)
DE/OLB - Ladell Fleming (Northern Illinois)
OG - Josh Boutte (LSU)
WR - Ronnie Moore (BGSU)
FS - Kaimana Nacua (BYU)
WR - Mitchell Shegos (Notre Dame)
WR - Tim Crawley (San Jose State)
CB - Alvin Hill (Maryland)
S - Donte Carey (Grand Valley State)
P - Nicholas Conte (Virginia)
WR - Nate Cole (Cincinnati)
Yep, might as well start it :
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/4/29/15442116/undrafted-free-agent-signings-tracker-2017-nfl-draft
Browns have already signed :
LB - B.J. Bello (Illinois State) 6'2" 228, 4.56, NFL% 88.3, 3rd highest ranked LB prospect in Sparq
DE - Jamal Marcus (Akron) 6'2" 240, 4.77, NFL% 34.2, 66th Ranked LB in Sparq not sure where he lands in EDGE
DB - J.D. Harmon (Kentucky) 6'1" 196, 4.65, NFL% 28.7, 65th Ranked CB
CB - Channing Stribling (Michigan) 6'1" 188, 4.60, NFL% 10.5, 113th Ranked CB
CB - Najee Murray (Kent State) 5'9" 182, 4.54, NFL% 38.1, 49th Ranked CB
DE/OLB - Karter Schult (Northern Iowa) 6'3" 258, 4.93, NFL% 10.5, 70th Ranked EDGE
LB - Kenneth Olugbode (Colorado) 6'1" 222, 4.79, NFL% 11.4, 123rd Ranked LB
OL - Freddie Tagaloa (Arizona) 6'6" 307, 5.30, NFL% 5.9, 178th Ranked OL
DE/OLB - Ladell Fleming (Northern Illinois) 6'0" 230, 4.70, NFL% 37.7, 61st Ranked LB
OG - Josh Boutte (LSU) 6'4" 351, 5.27, NFL% 54.6, 26th Ranked OL
WR - Ronnie Moore (BGSU) 5'9" 169, 4.57, NFL% 11.3, 189th Ranked WR
FS - Kaimana Nacua (BYU) 6'1" 205, 4.49, NFL% 93.6 ,3rd Ranked S
WR - Mitchell Shegos (Notre Dame) 6'0" 203, 4.61, NFL% 11.8, 187th Ranked WR
WR - Tim Crawley (San Jose State) 5'8" 175, 4.64, NFL% 2.5, 255th Ranked WR
CB - Alvin Hill (Maryland) 6'0" 201, 4.69, NFL% 15.8, 101 Ranked CB
S - Donte Carey (Grand Valley State) 6'0" 199, 4.59, NFL% 30.9, 55th Ranked S
P - Nicholas Conte (Virginia) 6'3" 215, No Athletic data, Led the nation in kicks inside the 20 and was ranked 17th in the nation in Average Distance.
I've Marked several Players that have better than average athleticism that may make the roster, The Biggest 2 are Kai and Bello they are both EXTREMELY athletic players that if developed can be elite.
-
How did Nacua and Bello not get drafted? They look on paper like our two best FA signings.
-
-
PFF's top 50 UDFA's :
https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-ranking-the-top-50-undrafted-free-agents/
2 - LB - Kenneth Olugbode (Colorado)
8 - CB - Channing Stribling (Michigan)
24 - CB - Najee Murray (Kent State)
41 - OG - Josh Boutte (LSU)
Some prospects in there.
Surprised Kaimana Nacua is not on the list, he has a 93.6 SPARQ (Gerbil Peppers is 89.1).
Looking on NFL Draft stats I don't even see Kaimana, I wonder if he was even invited to the Combine . . .
-
How do you rate this list? Hope our new scouts are better than previous
-
PFF's top 50 UDFA's :
https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-ranking-the-top-50-undrafted-free-agents/
2 - LB - Kenneth Olugbode (Colorado)
8 - CB - Channing Stribling (Michigan)
24 - CB - Najee Murray (Kent State)
41 - OG - Josh Boutte (LSU)
Some prospects in there.
Surprised Kaimana Nacua is not on the list, he has a 93.6 SPARQ (Gerbil Peppers is 89.1).
Looking on NFL Draft stats I don't even see Kaimana, I wonder if he was even invited to the Combine . . .
Surprised Kaimana Nacua is not on the list, he has a 93.6 SPARQ (Gerbil Peppers is 89.1).
Looking on NFL Draft stats I don't even see Kaimana, I wonder if he was even invited to the Combine . . .
No... not at Combine. Here are his Pro Day numbers... kid's an athlete...
Dates: 03/24/17 Weight: 6006 Weight: 205
40 Yrd Dash: 4.49 20 Yrd Dash: 2.57 10 Yrd Dash: 1.54
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 15
Vertical Jump: 39 Broad Jump: 10'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.14 3-Cone Drill: 6.87
40 Time Range: 4.48-4.49
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=130274&draftyear=2017&genpos=SS
-
Thought I would share this link. Top UDFAs by position.....
Mike
-
Yep, might as well start it :
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/4/29/15442116/undrafted-free-agent-signings-tracker-2017-nfl-draft
Browns have already signed :
LB - B.J. Bello (Illinois State) 6'2" 228, 4.56, NFL% 88.3, 3rd highest ranked LB prospect in Sparq
DE - Jamal Marcus (Akron) 6'2" 240, 4.77, NFL% 34.2, 66th Ranked LB in Sparq not sure where he lands in EDGE
DB - J.D. Harmon (Kentucky) 6'1" 196, 4.65, NFL% 28.7, 65th Ranked CB
CB - Channing Stribling (Michigan) 6'1" 188, 4.60, NFL% 10.5, 113th Ranked CB
CB - Najee Murray (Kent State) 5'9" 182, 4.54, NFL% 38.1, 49th Ranked CB
DE/OLB - Karter Schult (Northern Iowa) 6'3" 258, 4.93, NFL% 10.5, 70th Ranked EDGE
LB - Kenneth Olugbode (Colorado) 6'1" 222, 4.79, NFL% 11.4, 123rd Ranked LB
OL - Freddie Tagaloa (Arizona) 6'6" 307, 5.30, NFL% 5.9, 178th Ranked OL
DE/OLB - Ladell Fleming (Northern Illinois) 6'0" 230, 4.70, NFL% 37.7, 61st Ranked LB
OG - Josh Boutte (LSU) 6'4" 351, 5.27, NFL% 54.6, 26th Ranked OL
WR - Ronnie Moore (BGSU) 5'9" 169, 4.57, NFL% 11.3, 189th Ranked WR
FS - Kaimana Nacua (BYU) 6'1" 205, 4.49, NFL% 93.6 ,3rd Ranked S
WR - Mitchell Shegos (Notre Dame) 6'0" 203, 4.61, NFL% 11.8, 187th Ranked WR
WR - Tim Crawley (San Jose State) 5'8" 175, 4.64, NFL% 2.5, 255th Ranked WR
CB - Alvin Hill (Maryland) 6'0" 201, 4.69, NFL% 15.8, 101 Ranked CB
S - Donte Carey (Grand Valley State) 6'0" 199, 4.59, NFL% 30.9, 55th Ranked S
P - Nicholas Conte (Virginia) 6'3" 215, No Athletic data, Led the nation in kicks inside the 20 and was ranked 17th in the nation in Average Distance.
I've Marked several Players that have better than average athleticism that may make the roster, The Biggest 2 are Kai and Bello they are both EXTREMELY athletic players that if developed can be elite.
Yep, might as well start it :
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/4/29/15442116/undrafted-free-agent-signings-tracker-2017-nfl-draft
Browns have already signed :
LB - B.J. Bello (Illinois State) 6'2" 228, 4.56, NFL% 88.3, 3rd highest ranked LB prospect in Sparq
DE - Jamal Marcus (Akron) 6'2" 240, 4.77, NFL% 34.2, 66th Ranked LB in Sparq not sure where he lands in EDGE
DB - J.D. Harmon (Kentucky) 6'1" 196, 4.65, NFL% 28.7, 65th Ranked CB
CB - Channing Stribling (Michigan) 6'1" 188, 4.60, NFL% 10.5, 113th Ranked CB
CB - Najee Murray (Kent State) 5'9" 182, 4.54, NFL% 38.1, 49th Ranked CB
DE/OLB - Karter Schult (Northern Iowa) 6'3" 258, 4.93, NFL% 10.5, 70th Ranked EDGE
LB - Kenneth Olugbode (Colorado) 6'1" 222, 4.79, NFL% 11.4, 123rd Ranked LB
OL - Freddie Tagaloa (Arizona) 6'6" 307, 5.30, NFL% 5.9, 178th Ranked OL
DE/OLB - Ladell Fleming (Northern Illinois) 6'0" 230, 4.70, NFL% 37.7, 61st Ranked LB
OG - Josh Boutte (LSU) 6'4" 351, 5.27, NFL% 54.6, 26th Ranked OL
WR - Ronnie Moore (BGSU) 5'9" 169, 4.57, NFL% 11.3, 189th Ranked WR
FS - Kaimana Nacua (BYU) 6'1" 205, 4.49, NFL% 93.6 ,3rd Ranked S
WR - Mitchell Shegos (Notre Dame) 6'0" 203, 4.61, NFL% 11.8, 187th Ranked WR
WR - Tim Crawley (San Jose State) 5'8" 175, 4.64, NFL% 2.5, 255th Ranked WR
CB - Alvin Hill (Maryland) 6'0" 201, 4.69, NFL% 15.8, 101 Ranked CB
S - Donte Carey (Grand Valley State) 6'0" 199, 4.59, NFL% 30.9, 55th Ranked S
P - Nicholas Conte (Virginia) 6'3" 215, No Athletic data, Led the nation in kicks inside the 20 and was ranked 17th in the nation in Average Distance.
I've Marked several Players that have better than average athleticism that may make the roster, The Biggest 2 are Kai and Bello they are both EXTREMELY athletic players that if developed can be elite.
I'm thinking we could replace Hawkins in the slot with DeValve unless Hue prefers to use him as an H-Back. If that's the case, Bowling Green's Ronnie Moore looks like he can be a good replacement for Andrew Hawkins in the slot. I linked up his video on the previous page. He had a pretty good game against Tennessee and in the video one of the commentators was talking about the terrific game he had in the MAC Championship.
-
Thought I would share this link. Top UDFAs by position.....
Mike
Thought I would share this link. Top UDFAs by position.....
Mike
Lots of names on that list that were projected to get drafted...
Orlosky and Toth.....C
Lorenzo Jerome S.....(and KR)....Id give this one a whirl.....
Ben Boulware....
Jarron Jones....
and more....
Hey....I see a WR whose first name is Bug......I dunno, I say sign him no matter how good he is....love that...."Bug"
-
Yep, might as well start it :
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/4/29/15442116/undrafted-free-agent-signings-tracker-2017-nfl-draft
Browns have already signed :
LB - B.J. Bello (Illinois State)
DE - Jamal Marcus (Akron)
DB - J.D. Harmon (Kentucky)
CB - Channing Stribling (Michigan)
CB - Najee Murray (Kent State)
DE/OLB - Karter Schult (Northern Iowa)
LB - Kenneth Olugbode (Colorado)
OL - Freddie Tagaloa (Arizona)
DE/OLB - Ladell Fleming (Northern Illinois)
OG - Josh Boutte (LSU)
WR - Ronnie Moore (BGSU)
FS - Kaimana Nacua (BYU)
WR - Mitchell Shegos (Notre Dame)
WR - Tim Crawley (San Jose State)
CB - Alvin Hill (Maryland)
S - Donte Carey (Grand Valley State)
P - Nicholas Conte (Virginia)
WR - Nate Cole (Cincinnati)
Browns have already signed : S - Donte Carey (Grand Valley State)
2016 Highlights on our UDFA FS???
Now it is a highlight package, with many of them repeated throughout the short vid, so grains of salt including a big competition-level one to be sure, but...
... some read-the-QB centerfielding, some ball skills, some nice PassD tech and decent tackling including a lil whackin'... even lumber bringing in one instance...
-
Thought I would share this link. Top UDFAs by position.....
Mike
Lots of names on that list that were projected to get drafted...
Orlosky and Toth.....C
Lorenzo Jerome S.....(and KR)....Id give this one a whirl.....
Ben Boulware....
Jarron Jones....
and more....
Hey....I see a WR whose first name is Bug......I dunno, I say sign him no matter how good he is....love that...."Bug"
-
Thought I would share this link. Top UDFAs by position.....
Mike
Lots of names on that list that were projected to get drafted...
Orlosky and Toth.....C
Lorenzo Jerome S.....(and KR)....Id give this one a whirl.....
Ben Boulware....
Jarron Jones....
and more....
Hey....I see a WR whose first name is Bug......I dunno, I say sign him no matter how good he is....love that...."Bug"
Ben Boulware....
Hey....I see a WR whose first name is Bug......I dunno, I say sign him no matter how good he is....love that...."Bug"
Boulware ended up in Carolina. A compared Scooby don't make that roster..We Shall See..Bug Howard..my sleeper UNC WR way past Zay's Jones spot. Bug got NFL skills imo. MudMan..."stays with the boat(mud)"..Line Backers Please!!
-
FS - Kaimana Nacau 3rd highest rated SPARC for Safety
First reaction... "Man, BYU faced some shitty QBs, but you don't get that many picks without being in position."
- Still was the beneficiary of many overthrows and throws into crowds, but had the hands to cash them in.
- Did like the couple rip-the-ball-out highlights.
- Tackling? Not a lot of emphasis there with the one "big hit" as much due to the RB delivering the blow as it was Kai... and the RB kinda won although ended up on the ground... call it a tie.
-
Thought I would share this link. Top UDFAs by position.....
Mike
Lots of names on that list that were projected to get drafted...
Orlosky and Toth.....C
Lorenzo Jerome S.....(and KR)....Id give this one a whirl.....
Ben Boulware....
Jarron Jones....
and more....
Hey....I see a WR whose first name is Bug......I dunno, I say sign him no matter how good he is....love that...."Bug"
Lots of names on that list that were projected to get drafted...
Orlosky and Toth.....C
Lorenzo Jerome S.....(and KR)....Id give this one a whirl.....
Ben Boulware....
Jarron Jones....
and more....
Hey....I see a WR whose first name is Bug......I dunno, I say sign him no matter how good he is....love that...."Bug"
Yeah, I agree on taking a flyer on Jerome. Seems to be a TO magnet.
Mike
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đ
Register Login