Skip to content

Around the AFCN's Drafts...

The Browns Board
141 20 3.4k
  • Ravens - 7 Picks - 39.8 total grade - 5.7 ave. grade

    Round 1, Pick 16 (16) Marlon Humphrey CB 6'0" 197 Alabama 6.1
    Pick Analysis: "They want to get back to playing Ravens football on defense. Marlon Humphrey gives them that opportunity, especially in their division where you have to chase around A.J. Green, now John Ross and of course Antonio Brown." -- Charles Davis

    Round 2, Pick 15 (47) Tyus Bowser OLB 6'3" 247 Houston 5.8
    Pick Analysis: "He's Haason Reddick, but not as polished. On first down, he can play off the line of scrimmage. In sub-packages, he's a joker, he's a real good chess piece. His best football is ahead of him." -- Mike Mayock

    Round 3, Pick 10 (74) (From Eagles) Chris Wormley DE 6'5" 298 Michigan 5.8
    Pick Analysis: "Obviously you have the connection with the Harbaugh brothers here. Chris Wormley is somebody made to be a five-technique at the next level. You're gonna put him over at tackle and ask him to sit there and hold the point of attack with your length and strength and be able to push the pocket as a pass rusher. He's a really, really good value pick." -- Charles Davis

    Round 3, Pick 14 (78) Tim Williams OLB 6'3" 244 Alabama 6.0
    Pick Analysis: "He's got a devastating inside counter move. A fast-twitch player. Double-digit sack potential. This guy, a lot of people think a lot of him in terms of ability to put pressure off that edge." -- Brian Billick

    Round 4, Pick 16 (122) Nico Siragusa OG 6'4" 319 San Diego St. 5.5
    Pick Analysis: The Ravens ranked 28th in rushing YPG in 2016. Siragusa is a run-blocking specialist (watch some Donnel Pumphrey tape) with starting ability. Strong value pick in the 4th round. --Mark Dulgerian

    Round 5, Pick 15 (159) Jermaine Eluemunor OG 6'4" 332 Texas A&M 5.4
    Pick Analysis: Eluemunor is a developmental guard who has some upside as a rotational tackle down the line. Ravens continue to address an offensive interior that lacks depth. --Mark Dulgerian

    Round 6, Pick 2 (186) (From 49ers) Chuck Clark DB 6'0" 208 Virginia Tech 5.2
    Pick Analysis: The Ravens continue to bolster their defensive depth chart. With the AFC North making strides in their pass game personnel, adding to the Ravens' defensive backfield makes sense. --Mark Dulgerian

    @tour2ma said:

    Ravens

    Round 4, Pick 16 (122) Nico Siragusa OG 6'4" 319 San Diego St. 5.5

    Pick Analysis: The Ravens ranked 28th in rushing YPG in 2016. Siragusa is a run-blocking specialist (watch some Donnel Pumphrey tape) with starting ability. Strong value pick in the 4th round. --Mark Dulgerian

    Round 5, Pick 15 (159) Jermaine Eluemunor OG 6'4" 332 Texas A&M 5.4

    Pick Analysis: Eluemunor is a developmental guard who has some upside as a rotational tackle down the line. Ravens continue to address an offensive interior that lacks depth. --Mark Dulgerian

    @tour2ma said:

    Bengals

    Round 5, Pick 33 (176) (Compensatory Selection) J.J. Dielman C 6'5" 309 Utah 5.0

    Pick Analysis: Cincinnati has had inconsistent center play to say the least. Dielman may not be ready to start from Day 1, but he should compete for starter reps early and provide depth along the rest of the line. --Mark Dulgerian

    Round 7, Pick 33 (251) (Compensatory Selection) Mason Schreck TE 6'5" 258 Buffalo (ungraded)

    Pick Analysis: Schreck's best shot at making the Bengals final roster will be as a special-teamer. --Mark Dulgerian

    Tour, take a swing But I don't see Balt. nor Cinn. has helped themselves in OL Play at all? Who running the ball in Balt.? Mixon may punch his own OL men next?

  • In case you were going to Google it, Nico is not related to Tony. Uncanny though.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    In case you were going to Google it, Nico is not related to Tony. Uncanny though.

    Hand to God, that was my first question and was going to post it.

    Very odd.

  • Member Joined Total Member Posts Posts Today % of today's posts

    Tour2ma's Photo Tour2ma 20-October 10 19,081 91 17.04%

    Geezzzz Tour, 91 posts already, trying to out duel The Gipper? 😉

  • @tour2ma said:

    Ravens

    Round 4, Pick 16 (122) Nico Siragusa OG 6'4" 319 San Diego St. 5.5

    Pick Analysis: The Ravens ranked 28th in rushing YPG in 2016. Siragusa is a run-blocking specialist (watch some Donnel Pumphrey tape) with starting ability. Strong value pick in the 4th round. --Mark Dulgerian

    Round 5, Pick 15 (159) Jermaine Eluemunor OG 6'4" 332 Texas A&M 5.4

    Pick Analysis: Eluemunor is a developmental guard who has some upside as a rotational tackle down the line. Ravens continue to address an offensive interior that lacks depth. --Mark Dulgerian

    @tour2ma said:

    Bengals

    Round 5, Pick 33 (176) (Compensatory Selection) J.J. Dielman C 6'5" 309 Utah 5.0

    Pick Analysis: Cincinnati has had inconsistent center play to say the least. Dielman may not be ready to start from Day 1, but he should compete for starter reps early and provide depth along the rest of the line. --Mark Dulgerian

    Round 7, Pick 33 (251) (Compensatory Selection) Mason Schreck TE 6'5" 258 Buffalo (ungraded)

    Pick Analysis: Schreck's best shot at making the Bengals final roster will be as a special-teamer. --Mark Dulgerian

    Tour, take a swing But I don't see Balt. nor Cinn. has helped themselves in OL Play at all? Who running the ball in Balt.? Mixon may punch his own OL men next?

    You really know how to hurt a guy... 🙁

    @gumby73 said:

    Tour, take a swing But I don't see Balt. nor Cinn. has helped themselves in OL Play at all? Who running the ball in Balt.? Mixon may punch his own OL men next?

    I like Siragusa... best I can say about the others is I don't know Schreck.

  • Baltimore killed it imo.

    @wargograw said:

    Baltimore killed it imo.

    Definitely think the Ravens won the draft among these three AFCNers.

    Bit of a reach on Humphreys, but he promises to be a good one. All should know I love Bowser... I think the comment on him is spot on. Wormley and Siragusa are solid adds.

    Williamson is the wildcard here. I'm not surprised he fell so far. Of all the BAMA defenders he always struck me as the one who benefited the most from all the talent around him... we'll see.

    Last two picks are as advertised... depth, but then thats' what the late rounds are for...

    Cinci? McShay picked them as his "I don't get/like it" draft. Started with Ross so early given he has injury question... I'll add receiving questions to that. Fast? Yes, but he's a small body-catcher and those don't tend to go together well.

    Beyond Ross... Mixon is a talent. Malone and Glasgow are solid adds. The UH RB may surprise. But otherwise? I'm not feeling threatened by this Bengal draft, but I know someone that should be... their new kicker, Elliot. Man, that's a small person to put on a kick cover team...

    And then there's PTG... JuJu adds to a position of strength... but he's no Anquan. Just like Watt is no Harrison and Conner is no Harris. Throw in a couple meh LBs, DBs and Dobbs and what have you got? Seriously, I'm asking. But like us apparently they've sewn up their LS slot.

  • @wargograw said:

    Baltimore killed it imo.

    Definitely think the Ravens won the draft among these three AFCNers.

    Bit of a reach on Humphreys, but he promises to be a good one. All should know I love Bowser... I think the comment on him is spot on. Wormley and Siragusa are solid adds.

    Williamson is the wildcard here. I'm not surprised he fell so far. Of all the BAMA defenders he always struck me as the one who benefited the most from all the talent around him... we'll see.

    Last two picks are as advertised... depth, but then thats' what the late rounds are for...

    Cinci? McShay picked them as his "I don't get/like it" draft. Started with Ross so early given he has injury question... I'll add receiving questions to that. Fast? Yes, but he's a small body-catcher and those don't tend to go together well.

    Beyond Ross... Mixon is a talent. Malone and Glasgow are solid adds. The UH RB may surprise. But otherwise? I'm not feeling threatened by this Bengal draft, but I know someone that should be... their new kicker, Elliot. Man, that's a small person to put on a kick cover team...

    And then there's PTG... JuJu adds to a position of strength... but he's no Anquan. Just like Watt is no Harrison and Conner is no Harris. Throw in a couple meh LBs, DBs and Dobbs and what have you got? Seriously, I'm asking. But like us apparently they've sewn up their LS slot.

    @tour2ma said:

    And then there's PTG... JuJu adds to a position of strength... but he's no Anquan. Just like Watt is no Harrison and Conner is no Harris. Throw in a couple meh LBs, DBs and Dobbs and what have you got? Seriously, I'm asking. But like us apparently they've sewn up their LS slot.

    I think you underestimate Watt.

    Screw the 40yd. dash. The shuttle run and cone drills are what more closely simulates on the field play.

    Bench press (reps of 225 lbs): 21 reps (T-8th among LBs) 40-yard dash: 4.69 seconds (12th among LBs) Vertical jump: 37 inches (T-2nd among LBs) Broad jump: 128 inches (T-1st among LBs) 3-cone drill: 6.79 seconds (2nd among LBs) 20-yard shuttle: 4.13 seconds (T-1st among LBs) 60-yard shuttle: 11.2 seconds (1st among LBs)

    Watt played LB only for one full year...a converted TE.

    Here was Watt’s stats for the 2016 season: 63 Tackles, 15.5 tackles for a loss, 11.5 sacks, 4 passes batted, 2 forced fumbles.

    It's in the family...Watt has a high motor and extreme awareness.

    USC’s JuJu Smith-Schuster has been compared to Boldin by multiple outlets, including NFL Media’s Bucky Brooks and NFL Media’s Lance Zierlein. Even former USC wide receiver turned 12-year former pro, Curtis Conway, saw the same comparison after watching Smith-Schuster at his pro day Wednesday.

    JUJU is a ball hawk like Bolden.

  • Ya all blew it again! The top QB overlooked for the second straight year! Steelers get their Dak Prescott!

    Funny coincidence..

    Dak Prescott drafted 135th overall.

    Josh Dobbs drafted 135th overall

    NFL analyst Ron Jaworski explains why the Dak Prescott-Josh Dobbs ...

    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/.....ns-dak-prescot...

    Why Joshua Dobbs could be the Dak Prescott of the 2017 NFL draft ...

    draftwire.usatoday.com/.../why-joshua-dobbs-could-be-the-dak-prescott-of-the-2017-...

    Jan 7, 2017 - If you're looking for the 2017 NFL draft's version of Dak Prescott, Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs could be your man.

    NFL Network analyst compares Joshua Dobbs to Dak Prescott ...

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/.../nfl...to-dak-prescot...

    Apr 3, 2017 - The NFL analyst said the Tennessee quarterback is being overlooked - just like Prescott was in last year's draft.

    The fans are 50/50 with this pic.

    One thing for certain, most wanted no part of Kizer....afraid the Steelers would take him, they rejoiced when Cleveland did.

  • I didn't realize the Bengals took a kicker in the 5th. Was that the first kicker taken in the draft? And how does he compare to the dude we got?

  • Ya all blew it again! The top QB overlooked for the second straight year! Steelers get their Dak Prescott!

    Funny coincidence..

    Dak Prescott drafted 135th overall.

    Josh Dobbs drafted 135th overall

    NFL analyst Ron Jaworski explains why the Dak Prescott-Josh Dobbs ...

    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/.....ns-dak-prescot...

    Why Joshua Dobbs could be the Dak Prescott of the 2017 NFL draft ...

    draftwire.usatoday.com/.../why-joshua-dobbs-could-be-the-dak-prescott-of-the-2017-...

    Jan 7, 2017 - If you're looking for the 2017 NFL draft's version of Dak Prescott, Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs could be your man.

    NFL Network analyst compares Joshua Dobbs to Dak Prescott ...

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/.../nfl...to-dak-prescot...

    Apr 3, 2017 - The NFL analyst said the Tennessee quarterback is being overlooked - just like Prescott was in last year's draft.

    The fans are 50/50 with this pic.

    One thing for certain, most wanted no part of Kizer....afraid the Steelers would take him, they rejoiced when Cleveland did.

    @stinkhole said:

    Ya all blew it again! The top QB overlooked for the second straight year! Steelers get their Dak Prescott!

    Not possible for me since I nailed Dak as my 2016 sleeper... back in 2015.

    And for the record, I see no Dak in Dobbs... but I do see some Shazier in him.

    @boo-fagley said:

    I dont like the Steelers but they know how to draft WRs and LBs.

    JuJu will be a beast. Just watch.Though, what are the odds that TJ Watt has the impact that JJ has had? Id say very slim and that TJ went that high because of pedigree.

    Damn... we agree...

    I don't see them, but odds are that even one of the lesser LBs will probably surprise to the upside... such is the Steel track record.

    TJ doesn't have healthy JJ impact potential, but then who does. I'm looking forward to the 3rd Watt bro to join the NFL. Both JJ and TJ say he the best of the lot...

  • @stinkhole said:

    Ya all blew it again! The top QB overlooked for the second straight year! Steelers get their Dak Prescott!

    Not possible for me since I nailed Dak as my 2016 sleeper... back in 2015.

    And for the record, I see no Dak in Dobbs... but I do see some Shazier in him.

    @boo-fagley said:

    I dont like the Steelers but they know how to draft WRs and LBs.

    JuJu will be a beast. Just watch.Though, what are the odds that TJ Watt has the impact that JJ has had? Id say very slim and that TJ went that high because of pedigree.

    Damn... we agree...

    I don't see them, but odds are that even one of the lesser LBs will probably surprise to the upside... such is the Steel track record.

    TJ doesn't have healthy JJ impact potential, but then who does. I'm looking forward to the 3rd Watt bro to join the NFL. Both JJ and TJ say he the best of the lot...

    @tour2ma said:

    TJ doesn't have healthy JJ impact potential, but then who does. I'm looking forward to the 3rd Watt bro to join the NFL. Both JJ and TJ say he the best of the lot...

    Lemme guess....his name is PJ?....RJ?....LL COOL J?

  • I didn't realize the Bengals took a kicker in the 5th. Was that the first kicker taken in the draft? And how does he compare to the dude we got?

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I didn't realize the Bengals took a kicker in the 5th. Was that the first kicker taken in the draft? And how does he compare to the dude we got?

    Jake Elliot was the 1st kicker taken off the board. Shocked me, till i realized Ghoolie may have turned in his Hometown Card from Memphis. Maybe hell can freeze over in Cincinnati now

  • I was thinking about the Bengals and wondering "who did they draft"...?

    Then, I thought.....fuck the Bengals....

    Carry on.....

  • I was thinking about the Bengals and wondering "who did they draft"...?

    Then, I thought.....fuck the Bengals....

    Carry on.....

    @mudfly said:

    I was thinking about the Bengals and wondering "who did they draft"...?

    Then, I thought.....fuck the Bengals....

    Carry on.....

    Ha! I live near Cincy so have no choice but to be subjected to them and their fans. Their damn fans who get all uppity when they are playing well. It was so refreshing when they sucked last year and were less uppity. Cheers to that!

  • @mudfly said:

    I was thinking about the Bengals and wondering "who did they draft"...?

    Then, I thought.....fuck the Bengals....

    Carry on.....

    Ha! I live near Cincy so have no choice but to be subjected to them and their fans. Their damn fans who get all uppity when they are playing well. It was so refreshing when they sucked last year and were less uppity. Cheers to that!

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Ha! I live near Cincy so have no choice but to be subjected to them and their fans. Their damn fans who get all uppity when they are playing well. It was so refreshing when they sucked last year and were less uppity. Cheers to that!

    I lived it too(briefly).....I spent a few years in Lima, which was split 50/50 between Browns and Bengals.....fortunately it was the mid 80's, so that went well....

    🙂

  • Here is the first casualty of the draft yesterday via the Bills.

    http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Bills-fire-GM-Doug-Whaley-52561991

  • Here is the first casualty of the draft yesterday via the Bills.

    http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Bills-fire-GM-Doug-Whaley-52561991

    @texasag1969 said:

    Here is the first casualty of the draft yesterday via the Bills.

    http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Bills-fire-GM-Doug-Whaley-52561991

    Wow....fired the next day....hahahaha.....guess they arent happy with their draft results.....(understatement?)

  • Here is the first casualty of the draft yesterday via the Bills.

    http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Bills-fire-GM-Doug-Whaley-52561991

    @texasag1969 said:

    Here is the first casualty of the draft yesterday via the Bills.

    http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Bills-fire-GM-Doug-Whaley-52561991

    Damn. Bon Jovi musta thought he was bad medicine for the organization...

  • @tour2ma said:

    TJ doesn't have healthy JJ impact potential, but then who does. I'm looking forward to the 3rd Watt bro to join the NFL. Both JJ and TJ say he the best of the lot...

    Lemme guess....his name is PJ?....RJ?....LL COOL J?

    @mudfly said:

    Lemme guess....his name is PJ?....RJ?....LL COOL J?

    Actually think I got that wrong... TJ may be the 3rd and last brother... 😮

    Middle brother Derek (DJ? 🙂 ) is a FB with the Chargers... forgot about him.

  • I wish Ghoolie would chime in on this thread.

    Ghoolie is objective and not biased. Tells it like it is.

    I would value his opinion on Dobbs...if whether or not he considers Dobbs another Black Tarkenton.

    I don't. Dobbs is a more a cerebral QB. Look at the dudes forehead!

    He appears to be a pass first, run only as a last resort type QB.

    Cross my fingers Ghoolie agrees. Only a matter of time when Ben hangs it up. Steelers need a QB.

    Dobbs was an aeronautical engineer major after all, completing a 5 year program in 4 years!

  • Ghoolie probably raised him personally. If it wasn't for his red face of concern and diabetic fingers, Dobbs would fell through the cracks.