Around the AFCN's Drafts...
-
Ya all blew it again! The top QB overlooked for the second straight year! Steelers get their Dak Prescott!
Funny coincidence..
Dak Prescott drafted 135th overall.
Josh Dobbs drafted 135th overall
NFL analyst Ron Jaworski explains why the Dak Prescott-Josh Dobbs ...
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/.....ns-dak-prescot...
Why Joshua Dobbs could be the Dak Prescott of the 2017 NFL draft ...
draftwire.usatoday.com/.../why-joshua-dobbs-could-be-the-dak-prescott-of-the-2017-...
Jan 7, 2017 - If you're looking for the 2017 NFL draft's version of Dak Prescott, Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs could be your man.
NFL Network analyst compares Joshua Dobbs to Dak Prescott ...
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/.../nfl...to-dak-prescot...
Apr 3, 2017 - The NFL analyst said the Tennessee quarterback is being overlooked - just like Prescott was in last year's draft.
The fans are 50/50 with this pic.
One thing for certain, most wanted no part of Kizer....afraid the Steelers would take him, they rejoiced when Cleveland did.
-
I didn't realize the Bengals took a kicker in the 5th. Was that the first kicker taken in the draft? And how does he compare to the dude we got?
-
Ya all blew it again! The top QB overlooked for the second straight year! Steelers get their Dak Prescott!
Funny coincidence..
Dak Prescott drafted 135th overall.
Josh Dobbs drafted 135th overall
NFL analyst Ron Jaworski explains why the Dak Prescott-Josh Dobbs ...
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/.....ns-dak-prescot...
Why Joshua Dobbs could be the Dak Prescott of the 2017 NFL draft ...
draftwire.usatoday.com/.../why-joshua-dobbs-could-be-the-dak-prescott-of-the-2017-...
Jan 7, 2017 - If you're looking for the 2017 NFL draft's version of Dak Prescott, Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs could be your man.
NFL Network analyst compares Joshua Dobbs to Dak Prescott ...
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/.../nfl...to-dak-prescot...
Apr 3, 2017 - The NFL analyst said the Tennessee quarterback is being overlooked - just like Prescott was in last year's draft.
The fans are 50/50 with this pic.
One thing for certain, most wanted no part of Kizer....afraid the Steelers would take him, they rejoiced when Cleveland did.
Ya all blew it again! The top QB overlooked for the second straight year! Steelers get their Dak Prescott!
Not possible for me since I nailed Dak as my 2016 sleeper... back in 2015.
And for the record, I see no Dak in Dobbs... but I do see some Shazier in him.
@boo-fagley said:
I dont like the Steelers but they know how to draft WRs and LBs.
JuJu will be a beast. Just watch.Though, what are the odds that TJ Watt has the impact that JJ has had? Id say very slim and that TJ went that high because of pedigree.
Damn... we agree...
I don't see them, but odds are that even one of the lesser LBs will probably surprise to the upside... such is the Steel track record.
TJ doesn't have healthy JJ impact potential, but then who does. I'm looking forward to the 3rd Watt bro to join the NFL. Both JJ and TJ say he the best of the lot...
-
Ya all blew it again! The top QB overlooked for the second straight year! Steelers get their Dak Prescott!
Not possible for me since I nailed Dak as my 2016 sleeper... back in 2015.
And for the record, I see no Dak in Dobbs... but I do see some Shazier in him.
@boo-fagley said:
I dont like the Steelers but they know how to draft WRs and LBs.
JuJu will be a beast. Just watch.Though, what are the odds that TJ Watt has the impact that JJ has had? Id say very slim and that TJ went that high because of pedigree.
Damn... we agree...
I don't see them, but odds are that even one of the lesser LBs will probably surprise to the upside... such is the Steel track record.
TJ doesn't have healthy JJ impact potential, but then who does. I'm looking forward to the 3rd Watt bro to join the NFL. Both JJ and TJ say he the best of the lot...
-
I didn't realize the Bengals took a kicker in the 5th. Was that the first kicker taken in the draft? And how does he compare to the dude we got?
I didn't realize the Bengals took a kicker in the 5th. Was that the first kicker taken in the draft? And how does he compare to the dude we got?
Jake Elliot was the 1st kicker taken off the board. Shocked me, till i realized Ghoolie may have turned in his Hometown Card from Memphis. Maybe hell can freeze over in Cincinnati now
-
I was thinking about the Bengals and wondering "who did they draft"...?
Then, I thought.....fuck the Bengals....
Carry on.....
I was thinking about the Bengals and wondering "who did they draft"...?
Then, I thought.....fuck the Bengals....
Carry on.....
Ha! I live near Cincy so have no choice but to be subjected to them and their fans. Their damn fans who get all uppity when they are playing well. It was so refreshing when they sucked last year and were less uppity. Cheers to that!
-
I was thinking about the Bengals and wondering "who did they draft"...?
Then, I thought.....fuck the Bengals....
Carry on.....
Ha! I live near Cincy so have no choice but to be subjected to them and their fans. Their damn fans who get all uppity when they are playing well. It was so refreshing when they sucked last year and were less uppity. Cheers to that!
Ha! I live near Cincy so have no choice but to be subjected to them and their fans. Their damn fans who get all uppity when they are playing well. It was so refreshing when they sucked last year and were less uppity. Cheers to that!
I lived it too(briefly).....I spent a few years in Lima, which was split 50/50 between Browns and Bengals.....fortunately it was the mid 80's, so that went well....

-
Here is the first casualty of the draft yesterday via the Bills.
http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Bills-fire-GM-Doug-Whaley-52561991
-
Here is the first casualty of the draft yesterday via the Bills.
http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Bills-fire-GM-Doug-Whaley-52561991
Here is the first casualty of the draft yesterday via the Bills.
http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Bills-fire-GM-Doug-Whaley-52561991
Wow....fired the next day....hahahaha.....guess they arent happy with their draft results.....(understatement?)
-
Here is the first casualty of the draft yesterday via the Bills.
http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Bills-fire-GM-Doug-Whaley-52561991
Here is the first casualty of the draft yesterday via the Bills.
http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Bills-fire-GM-Doug-Whaley-52561991
Damn. Bon Jovi musta thought he was bad medicine for the organization...
-
-
I wish Ghoolie would chime in on this thread.
Ghoolie is objective and not biased. Tells it like it is.
I would value his opinion on Dobbs...if whether or not he considers Dobbs another Black Tarkenton.
I don't. Dobbs is a more a cerebral QB. Look at the dudes forehead!
He appears to be a pass first, run only as a last resort type QB.
Cross my fingers Ghoolie agrees. Only a matter of time when Ben hangs it up. Steelers need a QB.
Dobbs was an aeronautical engineer major after all, completing a 5 year program in 4 years!
-
Ghoolie probably raised him personally. If it wasn't for his red face of concern and diabetic fingers, Dobbs would fell through the cracks.
-
Member Joined Total Member Posts Posts Today % of today's posts
Tour2ma's Photo Tour2ma 20-October 10 19,081 91 17.04%
Geezzzz Tour, 91 posts already, trying to out duel The Gipper?

-
I wish Ghoolie would chime in on this thread.
Ghoolie is objective and not biased. Tells it like it is.
I would value his opinion on Dobbs...if whether or not he considers Dobbs another Black Tarkenton.
I don't. Dobbs is a more a cerebral QB. Look at the dudes forehead!
He appears to be a pass first, run only as a last resort type QB.
Cross my fingers Ghoolie agrees. Only a matter of time when Ben hangs it up. Steelers need a QB.
Dobbs was an aeronautical engineer major after all, completing a 5 year program in 4 years!
I wish Ghoolie would chime in on this thread.
Ghoolie is objective and not biased. Tells it like it is.
I would value his opinion on Dobbs...if whether or not he considers Dobbs another Black Tarkenton.
I don't. Dobbs is a more a cerebral QB. Look at the dudes forehead!
He appears to be a pass first, run only as a last resort type QB.
Cross my fingers Ghoolie agrees. Only a matter of time when Ben hangs it up. Steelers need a QB.
Dobbs was an aeronautical engineer major after all, completing a 5 year program in 4 years!
Ghoulie? Objective? OK... but why wait? Advanced search "dodd" for his posts as posts...
There were a few folks here in Camp Dodd this year. I wasn't, but others were. Tape was mixed. I thought he came off a little goofy on Gruden, but may just be the inner nerd almost all engineers have. On the field he came across much more business-like... comfortable. Your pass first take seems right to me, but you don't get a sniff of a 850-yd, 150 carry season without pulling it down a lot in addition to your designed load.
Certainly Josh is in need of seasoning which is fine, cause feels like Ben will year-to-year you a couple more times. Is he the guy? Dunno, but think he has a great shot at being your backup over Landry... and certainly over Zach...
And bald plus no eyebrows make almost any forehead seem bigger...
Ghoolie probably raised him personally.
If not, then he's certainly attended church with him...
-
I wish Ghoolie would chime in on this thread.
Ghoolie is objective and not biased. Tells it like it is.
I would value his opinion on Dobbs...if whether or not he considers Dobbs another Black Tarkenton.
I don't. Dobbs is a more a cerebral QB. Look at the dudes forehead!
He appears to be a pass first, run only as a last resort type QB.
Cross my fingers Ghoolie agrees. Only a matter of time when Ben hangs it up. Steelers need a QB.
Dobbs was an aeronautical engineer major after all, completing a 5 year program in 4 years!
Ghoulie? Objective? OK... but why wait? Advanced search "dodd" for his posts as posts...
There were a few folks here in Camp Dodd this year. I wasn't, but others were. Tape was mixed. I thought he came off a little goofy on Gruden, but may just be the inner nerd almost all engineers have. On the field he came across much more business-like... comfortable. Your pass first take seems right to me, but you don't get a sniff of a 850-yd, 150 carry season without pulling it down a lot in addition to your designed load.
Certainly Josh is in need of seasoning which is fine, cause feels like Ben will year-to-year you a couple more times. Is he the guy? Dunno, but think he has a great shot at being your backup over Landry... and certainly over Zach...
And bald plus no eyebrows make almost any forehead seem bigger...
Ghoolie probably raised him personally.
If not, then he's certainly attended church with him...
Ghoulie? Objective? OK... but why wait? Advanced search "dodd" for his posts as posts...
There were a few folks here in Camp Dodd this year. I wasn't, but others were. Tape was mixed. I thought he came off a little goofy on Gruden, but may just be the inner nerd almost all engineers have. On the field he came across much more business-like... comfortable. Your pass first take seems right to me, but you don't get a sniff of a 850-yd, 150 carry season without pulling it down a lot in addition to your designed load.
Certainly Josh is in need of seasoning which is fine, cause feels like Ben will year-to-year you a couple more times. Is he the guy? Dunno, but think he has a great shot at being your backup over Landry... and certainly over Zach...
And bald plus no eyebrows make almost any forehead seem bigger...
If not, then he's certainly attended church with him...
Nice post. Can't argue with any of that.
-
@boo-fagley said:
Ryan Fitzpatrick who is mediocre at best scored a 50 om the wonderlic test. Perfect score.
Donovan McNabb scored a 14.
There is zero correlation between a Wonderlic score and play on the field.
According to WIKI...
A 2005 study by McDonald Mirabile found that there is no significant correlation between a quarterback's Wonderlic score and a quarterback's passer rating, and no significant correlation between a quarterback's Wonderlic score and a quarterback's salary.[46] Similarly, a 2009 study by Brian D. Lyons, Brian J. Hoffman, and John W. Michel found that Wonderlic scores failed to positively and significantly predict future NFL performance for any position.[47] Donovan McNabb, whose 14 score[48] was the lowest of the five quarterbacks taken in the first round of the 1999 NFL Draft, had the longest and most successful career.
For grins,,,
Dobbs scored a 29. Average score for a QB is 24.
Most teams want at least 21 for a quarterback.
Brad Kaaya, Miami 34
Nate Peterman, Pittsburgh (former Tennessee) 32
Trevor Knight, Texas A&M 30
Joshua Dobbs, Tennessee 29
DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame 28
CJ Beathard, Iowa 26
Mitchell Trubisky, UNC 25
Davis Webb, Cal 25
Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech 24
Chad Kelly, Ole Miss 22
Jerod Evans, Virginia Tech 21
Deshaun Watson, Clemson 20
-
Ghoulie? Objective? OK... but why wait? Advanced search "dodd" for his posts as posts...
There were a few folks here in Camp Dodd this year. I wasn't, but others were. Tape was mixed. I thought he came off a little goofy on Gruden, but may just be the inner nerd almost all engineers have. On the field he came across much more business-like... comfortable. Your pass first take seems right to me, but you don't get a sniff of a 850-yd, 150 carry season without pulling it down a lot in addition to your designed load.
Certainly Josh is in need of seasoning which is fine, cause feels like Ben will year-to-year you a couple more times. Is he the guy? Dunno, but think he has a great shot at being your backup over Landry... and certainly over Zach...
And bald plus no eyebrows make almost any forehead seem bigger...
If not, then he's certainly attended church with him...
Nice post. Can't argue with any of that.
@boo-fagley said:
Ryan Fitzpatrick who is mediocre at best scored a 50 om the wonderlic test. Perfect score.
Actually Fitz hit 45, IIRC, highest of any QB ever. The only perfect score was by a kicker... name escape me ATM...
Nice post. Can't argue with any of that.
I'll try to be more subjective next time... maybe throw in a "fuck the stoolers" for good measure.
Don't want you leaving Brownsville disappointed...

-
@boo-fagley said:
Ryan Fitzpatrick who is mediocre at best scored a 50 om the wonderlic test. Perfect score.
Actually Fitz hit 45, IIRC, highest of any QB ever. The only perfect score was by a kicker... name escape me ATM...
Nice post. Can't argue with any of that.
I'll try to be more subjective next time... maybe throw in a "fuck the stoolers" for good measure.
Don't want you leaving Brownsville disappointed...

Actually Fitz hit 45, IIRC, highest of any QB ever. The only perfect score was by a kicker... name escape me ATM...
I'll try to be more subjective next time... maybe throw in a "fuck the stoolers" for good measure.
Don't want you leaving Brownsville disappointed...

Wasn't the perfect score Pat McInally? I think I heard that awhile back when he was on the NFL Channel.
Mike
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
