Skip to content

2017 NFL DRAFT GRADES, Browns impress?

The Browns Board
32 8 1.0k
  • "Nonsensical" = "I don't agree with the grade... so I will dismiss any such efforts... that I don't agree with... then posts later... I will post my opinion as to why the grade is wrong... then when that's pointed out to me... argue that I didn't grade, I simply rejected the grade put forth by others, even though somewhere deep inside me I have an inkling that I did in fact grade the grade..."

    Whew... now I know what it's like to be in a flat spin... Talk to me, Goose...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well.....a draft grade given the day after is...of course...nonsensical. Lets see what the grade is 3 years from now.

    Everybody says that...yet, if we waited 3 years, then we'd be grading Farmer 1.1 right now......(33% hit rate, btw)(plus a free crow)

    @mudfly said:

    Everybody says that...yet, if we waited 3 years, then we'd be grading Farmer 1.1 right now......(33% hit rate, btw)(plus a free crow)

    Well....yes...now IS the time to grade Farmer. In reality. Its just that a few of those picks can be graded prematurely. Ditching 2 first rounders after only being here two years..is merely giving the interim grade a poor mark.

  • @mjp28 said:

    SI A-

    The Browns entered the draft with two first-round picks and wound up making three on Thursday: DE/OLB Myles Garrett at No. 1 overall, followed by S Gerbil Peppers (No. 25, after a trade down) and TE David Njoku (No. 29, after a trade up). The Peppers and Njoku picks, without question, indicate Cleveland wants to stockpile athleticism, even at the expense of immediate returns.

    The pick that really swings this class, though, happened at 52, which is where Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer landed. Hard to imagine the Browns thought he would be there when they passed on a QB several times earlier. DT Larry Ogunjobi (No. 65) and CB Howard Wilson (No. 126) are great picks for a rebuilding teamโ€”Wilson especially, because he has top-two corner upside. Using No. 185 on DT Caleb Brantley was a misstep, regardless of his talent. He recently was arrested for misdemeanor battery and accused of punching a woman.

    The Browns took a guy named Vince Mayle in the 4th round a couple of years ago. He was so bad that he was cut in training camp. I don't think he is playing in the league today. So...if in fact they do have to ditch Brantley...it is by no means a worse deal than they have suffered with any number of other mid to late round picks that have gone sideways. (this would just be for a different reason)

    As I heard someone say: the further you go down a draft, those red flags on a guy turn from red to pink to white. With a 6th rounder for brantley...that is a white flag.

    @the-gipper said:

    The Browns took a guy named Vince Mayle in the 4th round a couple of years ago. He was so bad that he was cut in training camp. I don't think he is playing in the league today.

    Well, not really....technically, he was waived at the end of camp and extended a PS contract, which he turned down.....choosing, instead, to sign with the Cowboys....currently, he is a Raven.

  • I remember a year we drafted a guy named Greg Little....maybe one of the worst picks ever?........

    His rookie season stats were: 61 catches for 709 yds

    Then there was a year where we drafted 4 WR's..(I know, crazy eh?)...and all 4 made the team....(even crazier)

    Their combined rookie stats were: 58 catches for 698 yds....

    Crazy world.....where Greg Little out produces 4 draft picks.....

    I know I know.....it is real.....yepp....

  • lol...

    And there it is... a mini-journey into the mind of mud...

  • lol...

    And there it is... a mini-journey into the mind of mud...

    @tour2ma said:

    lol...

    And there it is... a mini-journey into the mind of mud...

    hahaha,,,,,which can take you places you've never been......just hang on for the ride.....๐Ÿ˜‰

  • @tour2ma said:

    lol...

    And there it is... a mini-journey into the mind of mud...

    hahaha,,,,,which can take you places you've never been......just hang on for the ride.....๐Ÿ˜‰

    Send

    @mudfly said:

    hahaha,,,,,which can take you places you've never been......just hang on for the ride..... ๐Ÿ˜‰

    Send that idea into the Edgar Winter Group. ๐Ÿ˜›

  • @mjp28 said:

    NFL.com (note they grade high, BAL B+, CIN A-, PIT A )

    Well... it is the propaganda arm of the NFL...

    Funny thing is I view that trio's results in the exact reverse order... BLT > CIN > PTG...

    @mjp28 said:

    KANSAS CITY STAR (see a pattern here?)

    1. (1) Myles Garrett, de, Texas A&M

    1. (25) Gerbil Peppers, lb, Michigan

    1. (29) David Njoku, te, Miami

    2. (52) DeShone Kizer, qb, Notre Dame

    3. (65) Larry Ogunjobi, dt, Charlotte

    4. (126) Howard Wilson, db, Houston

    5. (160) Rod Johnson, ot, Florida State

    6. (185) Caleb Brantley, dt, Florida

    7. (224) Zane Gonzalez, k, Arizona State

    7. (252) Matthew Dayes, rb, N.C. State

    YES... list three picks, skip a line.... list two picks, skip a line... list 3, skip 1... etc.

    @tour2ma said:

    Well... it is the propaganda arm of the NFL...

    Funny thing is I view that trio's results in the exact reverse order... BLT > CIN > PTG...

    YES... list three picks, skip a line.... list two picks, skip a line... list 3, skip 1... etc.

    You have the ability to make the complex seem so simple. ๐Ÿ˜•

  • @tour2ma said:

    lol...

    And there it is... a mini-journey into the mind of mud...

    hahaha,,,,,which can take you places you've never been......just hang on for the ride.....๐Ÿ˜‰

    But in fairness... I can also make the simple seem incredibly complex... ๐Ÿ™‚

    @mudfly said:

    hahaha,,,,,which can take you places you've never been......just hang on for the ride..... ๐Ÿ˜‰

    Not Edgar, Ag, The Amboy Dukes...

    POP Quiz: Name the member of the Dukes to emerge with the most successful music career, and then when it fizzled go on to become a darling of the right?

  • Ted Nugent?

  • @the-gipper said:

    The Browns took a guy named Vince Mayle in the 4th round a couple of years ago. He was so bad that he was cut in training camp. I don't think he is playing in the league today.

    Well, not really....technically, he was waived at the end of camp and extended a PS contract, which he turned down.....choosing, instead, to sign with the Cowboys....currently, he is a Raven.

    @mudfly said:

    Well, not really....technically, he was waived at the end of camp and extended a PS contract, which he turned down.....choosing, instead, to sign with the Cowboys....currently, he is a Raven.

    OK...just had not heard anything about him.

  • lol...

    And there it is... a mini-journey into the mind of mud...

    @tour2ma said:

    lol...

    And there it is... a mini-journey into the mind of mud...

    His mind goes only where Ted Nugent's mind went before.

  • Ted Nugent?

    @mjp28 said:

    Ted Nugent?

    WINNER!

  • The reviews of our draft seem to be overwhelmingly positive...