Are you disappointed and why?
-
"Anybody notice anything strange?"-WSS
Yeah-I can't vote

But I still give an A- as initial overall grade including the #1 for next year from Houston. Let's hope they fall apart.
Edit-hope our current DBs are far better with an improved pass rush. I just did not know how they would have been in 2016 had we had even a fair pass rush instead of pure suckage. Add Horton to that mix and it made for shit D overall. Williams was the best draft pick we ever made without using a pick.
BTW can we add a bonus for sacks if we don't call it head hunting?

Inquiring Myles wants to know.
"Anybody notice anything strange?"-WSS
Yeah-I can't vote

Improper ID?
I'll go with "got the round wrong"... PM me and I'll tell you where to send my prize (hope it's a kilt...)
Disappointments? I've had a few... but then again... too few to mention...

Clearly I wanted more of a Defensive draft than Sashi&Co. posted, but their evaluations, starting with our own roster, sent them in another direction. Posted this somewhere, but I have to believe Williams and his D-crew huddled with our Pro scouts and simply determined he had more to work with already rostered than Horton was able to bring out in 2016.
Different scheme... different DC... different D-staff all make that conclusion plausible, so I'll ride with it until I see evidence to the contrary.
-
"Anybody notice anything strange?"-WSS
Yeah-I can't vote

Improper ID?
I'll go with "got the round wrong"... PM me and I'll tell you where to send my prize (hope it's a kilt...)
Disappointments? I've had a few... but then again... too few to mention...

Clearly I wanted more of a Defensive draft than Sashi&Co. posted, but their evaluations, starting with our own roster, sent them in another direction. Posted this somewhere, but I have to believe Williams and his D-crew huddled with our Pro scouts and simply determined he had more to work with already rostered than Horton was able to bring out in 2016.
Different scheme... different DC... different D-staff all make that conclusion plausible, so I'll ride with it until I see evidence to the contrary.
-
"Anybody notice anything strange?"-WSS
Yeah-I can't vote

Improper ID?
I'll go with "got the round wrong"... PM me and I'll tell you where to send my prize (hope it's a kilt...)
Disappointments? I've had a few... but then again... too few to mention...

Clearly I wanted more of a Defensive draft than Sashi&Co. posted, but their evaluations, starting with our own roster, sent them in another direction. Posted this somewhere, but I have to believe Williams and his D-crew huddled with our Pro scouts and simply determined he had more to work with already rostered than Horton was able to bring out in 2016.
Different scheme... different DC... different D-staff all make that conclusion plausible, so I'll ride with it until I see evidence to the contrary.
-
-
"The Browns drafted consensus No. 1 pick Myles Garrett first overall, addressed a need at safety and punt returner with first-rounder Gerbil Peppers, and even drafted a quarterback DeShone Watson in the third round."
The line about the quarterback doesn't stick out?
WSS
-
-
what I noticed is between FA's and draft we covered almost every area in need which will lead to at least an 8-8 season.
-
what I noticed is between FA's and draft we covered almost every area in need which will lead to at least an 8-8 season.
what I noticed is between FA's and draft we covered almost every area in need
Well....when your team needs everything, that can happen.....
Personally....outside of QB.....I felt like FS and OLB were our top needs.....and both were ignored....
-
Can't get them all in one draft, i did say almost. Now two thoughts that came to mind today. We have an abundance of DL now. I think Nassib or even Ogbah could move to OLB. The other thought I had with the new OT, I wonder if JT would be up for the move to RT and let the rookie stay at his natural LT spot. He'll get plenty of playing time there in the preseason as JT wont play at all.
-
As far from disappointed as the scale can get. Why? Because I think they did a great job getting prospects to fill the large amount of holes in the roster.
As usual for every draft, only time will tell.
As usual for every draft, only time will tell.
So true... but soooooooooooooo boring... I mean I know this ain't mountain biking down Everest, but c'mon... it's all I gots!
So spice it up a lil... please...
Im less disappointed today, than I was yesterday.....which is now 2 days in a row....trending? When I got out of bed today, I think I actually felt a twinge of optimism.....(of was it the rheumatism?)
Sounds like only needed a lil suncomeout therapy...
Can't get them all in one draft, i did say almost. Now two thoughts that came to mind today. We have an abundance of DL now. I think Nassib or even Ogbah could move to OLB. The other thought I had with the new OT, I wonder if JT would be up for the move to RT and let the rookie stay at his natural LT spot. He'll get plenty of playing time there in the preseason as JT wont play at all.
Oh God, no... we don't need our blindside exposed. Plus it's Coleman at RT... Book It! Johnson learns, watches and waits as likely backup at RT. Should Joe miss a snap... my guess is it's Shon to LT and Johnson to RT, but Drango to RT is a possibility. But as you point out, preseason will give us a peek at the rotation.
And no, you can't get them all in one draft... unlike in FA according to some here... and they know who they are...
-
Can't get them all in one draft, i did say almost. Now two thoughts that came to mind today. We have an abundance of DL now. I think Nassib or even Ogbah could move to OLB. The other thought I had with the new OT, I wonder if JT would be up for the move to RT and let the rookie stay at his natural LT spot. He'll get plenty of playing time there in the preseason as JT wont play at all.
Can't get them all in one draft, i did say almost. Now two thoughts that came to mind today. We have an abundance of DL now. I think Nassib or even Ogbah could move to OLB. The other thought I had with the new OT, I wonder if JT would be up for the move to RT and let the rookie stay at his natural LT spot. He'll get plenty of playing time there in the preseason as JT wont play at all.
Cant get with that .....at all....
You just dont move HOFer - 10 year vets from their position.....and Ogbah was a complete fail at OLB just one year ago....lets leave him alone and let him stay at DE, where he belongs.....
-
As usual for every draft, only time will tell.
So true... but soooooooooooooo boring... I mean I know this ain't mountain biking down Everest, but c'mon... it's all I gots!
So spice it up a lil... please...
Im less disappointed today, than I was yesterday.....which is now 2 days in a row....trending? When I got out of bed today, I think I actually felt a twinge of optimism.....(of was it the rheumatism?)
Sounds like only needed a lil suncomeout therapy...
Can't get them all in one draft, i did say almost. Now two thoughts that came to mind today. We have an abundance of DL now. I think Nassib or even Ogbah could move to OLB. The other thought I had with the new OT, I wonder if JT would be up for the move to RT and let the rookie stay at his natural LT spot. He'll get plenty of playing time there in the preseason as JT wont play at all.
Oh God, no... we don't need our blindside exposed. Plus it's Coleman at RT... Book It! Johnson learns, watches and waits as likely backup at RT. Should Joe miss a snap... my guess is it's Shon to LT and Johnson to RT, but Drango to RT is a possibility. But as you point out, preseason will give us a peek at the rotation.
And no, you can't get them all in one draft... unlike in FA according to some here... and they know who they are...
And no, you can't get them all in one draft... unlike in FA according to some here... and they know who they are...
Hey...I resemble that remark.....but Ive also been waiting for that OLB for almost a decade.....not just one year....
So....with this FO....2 FA periods and, now, 2 drafts later....no 3 down OLB.....(though we did get an ILB that looks damn good on the outside too....Ill give em that)
And in re to FS......weve drafted SS 3 years straight.....so excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me when I say I woulda preferred to fill FS, which was a glaring need, while SS is a maybe need(because we already have 2 kids showing promise at that position)....
And yes....I woulda taken Adams....but that would have been like taking Garrett...not a deep need, just too good of a player to pass up....
Just the facts....
-
I am thinking this Browns draft would be graded like this by lots of pundits ...... Browns drafting these players C+ if the same players were drafted by the Patriots A+
-
Im less disappointed today, than I was yesterday.....which is now 2 days in a row....trending?
When I got out of bed today, I think I actually felt a twinge of optimism.....(of was it the rheumatism?)
Nice...hey none of us know, we're all hoping for the best. But the admission by you of feeling better about the draft makes me feel better about it too.Im less disappointed today, than I was yesterday.....which is now 2 days in a row....trending?
When I got out of bed today, I think I actually felt a twinge of optimism.....(of was it the rheumatism?)
I was in Vegas, pissed when they traded #12, but now I'm ok with it.
I am the worst draft analyst. I'll take the easy way out and give a "C," because they need to get out there and hit somebody.
A tandem strip-sack of Big Ben by Garret & Peppers Sept 10 yields an immediate A+ from me.
I really wanted Mahomes, hoping Kizer solves things. I stick with Kessler for now though, even Brock. If Kizer has "it," don't rush him.
-
Nice...hey none of us know, we're all hoping for the best. But the admission by you of feeling better about the draft makes me feel better about it too.Im less disappointed today, than I was yesterday.....which is now 2 days in a row....trending?
When I got out of bed today, I think I actually felt a twinge of optimism.....(of was it the rheumatism?)
I was in Vegas, pissed when they traded #12, but now I'm ok with it.
I am the worst draft analyst. I'll take the easy way out and give a "C," because they need to get out there and hit somebody.
A tandem strip-sack of Big Ben by Garret & Peppers Sept 10 yields an immediate A+ from me.
I really wanted Mahomes, hoping Kizer solves things. I stick with Kessler for now though, even Brock. If Kizer has "it," don't rush him.
Nice...hey none of us know, we're all hoping for the best. But the admission by you of feeling better about the draft makes me feel better about it too.
I was in Vegas, pissed when they traded #12, but now I'm ok with it.
I was furious with the trade at 12....but am over it now.....seems to have worked out well in the end, I think....
-
Nice...hey none of us know, we're all hoping for the best. But the admission by you of feeling better about the draft makes me feel better about it too.Im less disappointed today, than I was yesterday.....which is now 2 days in a row....trending?
When I got out of bed today, I think I actually felt a twinge of optimism.....(of was it the rheumatism?)
I was in Vegas, pissed when they traded #12, but now I'm ok with it.
I am the worst draft analyst. I'll take the easy way out and give a "C," because they need to get out there and hit somebody.
A tandem strip-sack of Big Ben by Garret & Peppers Sept 10 yields an immediate A+ from me.
I really wanted Mahomes, hoping Kizer solves things. I stick with Kessler for now though, even Brock. If Kizer has "it," don't rush him.
-
-
Nice...hey none of us know, we're all hoping for the best. But the admission by you of feeling better about the draft makes me feel better about it too.
I was in Vegas, pissed when they traded #12, but now I'm ok with it.
I was furious with the trade at 12....but am over it now.....seems to have worked out well in the end, I think....
I was furious with the trade at 12....but am over it now.....seems to have worked out well in the end, I think....
We were all furious with the trade, as evidenced by the FU's being shouted at the draft party and the mass exodus as soon as it happened. But like you said I'm ok with it now as we still ended up with a safety and another first round pick to use on LB's and DB's next year. That is assuming we don't need Darnold or Rosen.
-
My vote on this topic is tossed out..Stood with a record attendance number at a Draft of 250 thousand in 3 days. A great football weekend with some great fans of a lot of teams. A lot of players walked with family's just being a football fan. Our Teams name was brought up in so many ways "as getting things finally turned around" My response "The names on Paper only count if Browns are winning. Believe me..You will hear All About Us Then"... Woof WooF!!
-
Sorry, no. I was at South Point casino, and was looking for odds on SB, division, conference titles, etc. Over/under season wins weren't posted yet.
I wasn't even looking for those kind of bets, but I'm sure they were there.
Would you by chance know what the payout for a Garrett/Trade-down Exacta was?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
