Skip to content

Are you disappointed and why?

The Browns Board
81 23 2.5k
  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I rate this an A- trending up to A+ if one of either Kizer or Peppers become standouts

  • @bob806 said:

    Nice...hey none of us know, we're all hoping for the best. But the admission by you of feeling better about the draft makes me feel better about it too.

    I was in Vegas, pissed when they traded #12, but now I'm ok with it.

    I was furious with the trade at 12....but am over it now.....seems to have worked out well in the end, I think....

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @mudfly said:

    I was furious with the trade at 12....but am over it now.....seems to have worked out well in the end, I think....

    We were all furious with the trade, as evidenced by the FU's being shouted at the draft party and the mass exodus as soon as it happened. But like you said I'm ok with it now as we still ended up with a safety and another first round pick to use on LB's and DB's next year. That is assuming we don't need Darnold or Rosen.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #21

    My vote on this topic is tossed out..Stood with a record attendance number at a Draft of 250 thousand in 3 days. A great football weekend with some great fans of a lot of teams. A lot of players walked with family's just being a football fan. Our Teams name was brought up in so many ways "as getting things finally turned around" My response "The names on Paper only count if Browns are winning. Believe me..You will hear All About Us Then"... Woof WooF!!

  • @bob806 said:

    I was in Vegas, pissed when they traded #12, but now I'm ok with it.

    Would you by chance know what the payout for a Garrett/Trade-down Exacta was?

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    Sorry, no. I was at South Point casino, and was looking for odds on SB, division, conference titles, etc. Over/under season wins weren't posted yet.

    I wasn't even looking for those kind of bets, but I'm sure they were there.

    Would you by chance know what the payout for a Garrett/Trade-down Exacta was?

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    For Mud:

  • Im less disappointed today, than I was yesterday.....which is now 2 days in a row....trending?

    When I got out of bed today, I think I actually felt a twinge of optimism.....(of was it the rheumatism?)

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @mudfly said:

    Im less disappointed today, than I was yesterday.....which is now 2 days in a row....trending?

    When I got out of bed today, I think I actually felt a twinge of optimism.....(of was it the rheumatism?)

    HALLELUJAH!! It's a MIRACLE!!! THANK you Jesus!!!! (Sorry Mud, I couldn't resist! 😉 )

    Mike

  • @mudfly said:

    Im less disappointed today, than I was yesterday.....which is now 2 days in a row....trending?

    When I got out of bed today, I think I actually felt a twinge of optimism.....(of was it the rheumatism?)

    HALLELUJAH!! It's a MIRACLE!!! THANK you Jesus!!!! (Sorry Mud, I couldn't resist! 😉 )

    Mike

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @canton-mike said:

    HALLELUJAH!! It's a MIRACLE!!! THANK you Jesus!!!! (Sorry Mud, I couldn't resist! 😉 )

    Mike

    Ha!...even gave you props Mike.....😉

  • For Mud:

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @texasag1969 said:

    For Mud:

    Right Band.....wrong song....

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #27

    The 1st 3 or 4 players matter. They should be blue-chips. We traded away blue-chips for value?

    If any of the later rounds produce a player that's gravy. I will hope but Not expect that.

    Remember you can find good blurbs on any player through the end of round seven.

    WSS

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Despise the Peppers pick and praying coach Williams can perform a miracle turn around.

    Not overly happy with the trade up to 29. I don't believe the Steelers would have taken a TE.

    That being said, overall, I'm quite happy with the way the FO went about their business and picks.

  • Despise the Peppers pick and praying coach Williams can perform a miracle turn around.

    Not overly happy with the trade up to 29. I don't believe the Steelers would have taken a TE.

    That being said, overall, I'm quite happy with the way the FO went about their business and picks.

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @tiamat63 said:

    Despise the Peppers pick and praying coach Williams can perform a miracle turn around.

    Not overly happy with the trade up to 29. I don't believe the Steelers would have taken a TE.

    That being said, overall, I'm quite happy with the way the FO went about their business and picks.

    is it more about the player being there or more about the 5th year option that I believe you lose in the 2nd round?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Despise the Peppers pick and praying coach Williams can perform a miracle turn around.

    Not overly happy with the trade up to 29. I don't believe the Steelers would have taken a TE.

    That being said, overall, I'm quite happy with the way the FO went about their business and picks.

    is it more about the player being there or more about the 5th year option that I believe you lose in the 2nd round?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @topdawg31 said:

    is it more about the player being there or more about the 5th year option that I believe you lose in the 2nd round?

    When you move up like that it's more about the player being there.

  • Despise the Peppers pick and praying coach Williams can perform a miracle turn around.

    Not overly happy with the trade up to 29. I don't believe the Steelers would have taken a TE.

    That being said, overall, I'm quite happy with the way the FO went about their business and picks.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #31

    @tiamat63 said:

    Despise the Peppers pick and praying coach Williams can perform a miracle turn around.

    Not overly happy with the trade up to 29. I don't believe the Steelers would have taken a TE.

    That being said, overall, I'm quite happy with the way the FO went about their business and picks.

    I like peppers and hope The old Gerbil works out. His grade, however, is all-over the board. I do worry we gave up a blue-chip in Hooker for a chance.

    WSS

  • Despise the Peppers pick and praying coach Williams can perform a miracle turn around.

    Not overly happy with the trade up to 29. I don't believe the Steelers would have taken a TE.

    That being said, overall, I'm quite happy with the way the FO went about their business and picks.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #32

    @tiamat63 said:

    Not overly happy with the trade up to 29. I don't believe the Steelers would have taken a TE.

    That being said, overall, I'm quite happy with the way the FO went about their business and picks.

    The smoke in philly was we got in front of Pitts. to take Kizer @29 for the 5th year option?(not on TV?) my first thought was. no way, we'd pay anybody at anytime when we find a QB in Cleveland. It really seemed like after Kizer got past Pitt. at 30. Peterman was Steelers guy? Guess FO thought differently

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Overall disappointed. Love the Garrett pick but didn't like anything after that. Thought there was enough talent at #12 that they could've added a second stud. Peppers is an unknown but it already sounds like they are going to try to fit him in 3 different roles. Njokewho again is a big question mark that they traded up to get. After we hear Slushy talk about filling numerous holes in the roster he takes two "projects" in the first round. A bit hypocritical to me. Again you truly can evaluate a draft until 2-3 years down the road which is good for the Browns since it appears that with the signing of Collins and the 2017 draft Ogbah and Nassib were wastes.

  • B Bigalow80 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    In what way was the drafting of Ogbah (2nd round) and Nassib (3rd round) a waste? Ogbah was making plays (even out of position) and Nassib was good for the first two games until he hurt his hand which hampered his development. He was also playing out of position. They are 4.3 Defensive ends trying to play linebacker in a 3.4. They both showed promise. Ndjoku was the second best tight end in the draft and has the most upside of any TE, said by almost every analyst considering he is only 20 years old!! Collins was hands down the best player on the defense when he came over last year and they only gave up a 3rd round compensatory pick for him. I will give you pepper's value is a little all over the board but he's exactly the type of high risk/reward player you take with your 2nd first round pick. If at worst he sucks at SS, his special teams abilities are elite. Bacon, you have the Jimmy Haslam effect going on where if it isn't fixed immediately it's a failure. I compare your thought process to the cubs fans in year 2 of the Theo era who were up in arms because he wouldn't sign high priced free agents, even after he explicitly told everyone what he was doing. How did that work out? Very few rookies ever make real impacts, including qb's (manning and luck sucked ass their first year). This regime has made it abundantly clear they are going to take talented players and need time to develop a roster. Give a team a chance before you call picks a waste.

  • Im less disappointed today, than I was yesterday.....which is now 2 days in a row....trending?

    When I got out of bed today, I think I actually felt a twinge of optimism.....(of was it the rheumatism?)

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @mudfly said:

    Im less disappointed today, than I was yesterday.....which is now 2 days in a row....trending?

    When I got out of bed today, I think I actually felt a twinge of optimism.....(of was it the rheumatism?)

    To me, how I'm going to grade this draft will ultimately depend on how Kizer pans out. If he does, the FO gets an A+, if not, B-.

  • @mudfly said:

    Im less disappointed today, than I was yesterday.....which is now 2 days in a row....trending?

    When I got out of bed today, I think I actually felt a twinge of optimism.....(of was it the rheumatism?)

    To me, how I'm going to grade this draft will ultimately depend on how Kizer pans out. If he does, the FO gets an A+, if not, B-.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #36

    @hoorta said:

    To me, how I'm going to grade this draft will ultimately depend on how Kizer pans out. If he does, the FO gets an A+, if not, B-.

    Eh....I didnt want any of them anyway.....KNEW we'd have to pick another next year, so was happy to stick with Kess and the Ostrich, instead of having to burn a 1st - 2nd -3rd over 3 straight years.....add Johnny and its 4 outta 5 years....

    So....I have no expectation that Kizer is the guy....nor do I think the Browns think Kizer is the guy....so that part of the draft is already graded low for me.....

    Its all the others Im hoping meet expectations.....and if Kizer shines, then its like a huge bonus.....

  • @d-bone said:

    As usual for every draft, only time will tell.

    So true... but soooooooooooooo boring... I mean I know this ain't mountain biking down Everest, but c'mon... it's all I gots!

    So spice it up a lil... please...

    @mudfly said:

    Im less disappointed today, than I was yesterday.....which is now 2 days in a row....trending? When I got out of bed today, I think I actually felt a twinge of optimism.....(of was it the rheumatism?)

    Sounds like only needed a lil suncomeout therapy...

    @topdawg31 said:

    Can't get them all in one draft, i did say almost. Now two thoughts that came to mind today. We have an abundance of DL now. I think Nassib or even Ogbah could move to OLB. The other thought I had with the new OT, I wonder if JT would be up for the move to RT and let the rookie stay at his natural LT spot. He'll get plenty of playing time there in the preseason as JT wont play at all.

    Oh God, no... we don't need our blindside exposed. Plus it's Coleman at RT... Book It! Johnson learns, watches and waits as likely backup at RT. Should Joe miss a snap... my guess is it's Shon to LT and Johnson to RT, but Drango to RT is a possibility. But as you point out, preseason will give us a peek at the rotation.

    And no, you can't get them all in one draft... unlike in FA according to some here... and they know who they are...

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #37

    @tour2ma said:

    So true... but soooooooooooooo boring... I mean I know this ain't mountain biking down Everest, but c'mon... it's all I gots!

    So spice it up a lil... please...

    OK, ok..... Then I give every pick an A (except for that thug dude, he gets an F-) for an overall A+ (once the future #1 is factored in)

    and just for you T, headin' out to Everest while rocking the BB shirt and ribs all healed:

    Browns%20Board_zpsss9q9swg.jpg

  • In what way was the drafting of Ogbah (2nd round) and Nassib (3rd round) a waste? Ogbah was making plays (even out of position) and Nassib was good for the first two games until he hurt his hand which hampered his development. He was also playing out of position. They are 4.3 Defensive ends trying to play linebacker in a 3.4. They both showed promise. Ndjoku was the second best tight end in the draft and has the most upside of any TE, said by almost every analyst considering he is only 20 years old!! Collins was hands down the best player on the defense when he came over last year and they only gave up a 3rd round compensatory pick for him. I will give you pepper's value is a little all over the board but he's exactly the type of high risk/reward player you take with your 2nd first round pick. If at worst he sucks at SS, his special teams abilities are elite. Bacon, you have the Jimmy Haslam effect going on where if it isn't fixed immediately it's a failure. I compare your thought process to the cubs fans in year 2 of the Theo era who were up in arms because he wouldn't sign high priced free agents, even after he explicitly told everyone what he was doing. How did that work out? Very few rookies ever make real impacts, including qb's (manning and luck sucked ass their first year). This regime has made it abundantly clear they are going to take talented players and need time to develop a roster. Give a team a chance before you call picks a waste.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @bigalow80 said:

    In what way was the drafting of Ogbah (2nd round) and Nassib (3rd round) a waste? Ogbah was making plays (even out of position) and Nassib was good for the first two games until he hurt his hand which hampered his development. He was also playing out of position. They are 4.3 Defensive ends trying to play linebacker in a 3.4. They both showed promise. Ndjoku was the second best tight end in the draft and has the most upside of any TE, said by almost every analyst considering he is only 20 years old!! Collins was hands down the best player on the defense when he came over last year and they only gave up a 3rd round compensatory pick for him. I will give you pepper's value is a little all over the board but he's exactly the type of high risk/reward player you take with your 2nd first round pick. If at worst he sucks at SS, his special teams abilities are elite. Bacon, you have the Jimmy Haslam effect going on where if it isn't fixed immediately it's a failure. I compare your thought process to the cubs fans in year 2 of the Theo era who were up in arms because he wouldn't sign high priced free agents, even after he explicitly told everyone what he was doing. How did that work out? Very few rookies ever make real impacts, including qb's (manning and luck sucked ass their first year). This regime has made it abundantly clear they are going to take talented players and need time to develop a roster. Give a team a chance before you call picks a waste.

    Ogbah and Nassib won't be starters and will be fill in players and the Browns used a 2nd & 3rd on them. Drafting an elite special teamer #25th isn't smart and Ndjoku is still an unknown quantity on a team where the GM knows they need starters to come in right away and produce.