Skip to content

Myles Garrett

The Browns Board
85 29 2.9k
  • Damn jinx, delete that shit

  • @ghoolie said:

    Not dumb at all.

    In fact, I have predicted in no uncertain terms that Garrett WILL get injured in his rookie season. Picking the game is kind of silly, but the logic and analytical data lend him very well to getting injured. Let's look at why.

    1) He has a huge ego. When he comes to learn that NFL OL can man handle him, it will mess with his pea brain. He will be frustrated and try to over pursue to "PRIVE" he was the best pick in the draft.

    2) He is not smart, and the Browns are not very smart. Opposing defenses will scheme to cut him down and wear him out. They will run decoys in which he thinks an edge rush is called for, and he will be left holding a bag of air.

    3) Without a QB, WRs Tes or RBs the Browns defense will be on the field too much. Fatigue will punish him.

    Trust me, your post is a good one. I don't think you quite understood why it was such a good post, but I gave you some substance for why the odds on garrett being inured before game 8 are very, very, exceptionally good. If I could lay a Bet in Vegas for less than the $100,000 such a bet would require, I would do it. I would certaily bet $1000 at 3 - 1.

    Oh, he'eel get hurt. Trust me. It's coming.

    Just like Pryor got hurt last year, right? You're good at predicting Browns failure, anyone can do that. You're 0 for 1 on injury predictions. The jury is still out on Paxton and Mitch. Cool your jets.

    Where the fuck do you get this notion that Myles Garrett is stupid? The man is going to be a paleontologist when he's done with football. He an avid reader, painter and poet. Watching an interview would lead anyone with social intelligence to see that Myles Garrett is very bright. But of course, you don't need to be smart to be a paleontologist. Sashi Brown, a Harvard Law grad is also stupid. Same with DePodesta. No one is as smart as the Ghoolie.

  • Dude.

    This in the back of all of our minds.

    Why you gotta bring it to the front of our minds?

    Separation of minds. Like separation of church and state. Like the Offspring song. There's a reason they are separated!

  • Well... Debbie Downer is taken so...

    Cloud+Joe+Btfsplk.png

  • I was just talking to my buddy about this. Look back at the Houston Texans and what happened after they drafted Clowney. I don't remember how many games he played in his first two years, but I want to say he started the year with a hernia issue or something and then sustained a knee injury, right? Then somewhere down the line he had the dreaded "microfracture knee surgery", and I thought he was done. I honestly thought we were looking at Courtney Brown 2.0, and I felt AWFUL for them. I was so thrilled to see Clowney dominate last season, and I hope he continues to remain healthy and be the player so many expected him to be coming out of college.

    Do I EXPECT Garrett to get hurt like that? Hell no, but this IS football, and we all know it can happen at any time. Remember the Jags pick a couple years ago that blew his knee out BEFORE the season started? Fowler maybe? It's basically just awful luck, and it can happen to any team. If we're going to build on our awful 2016, we're going to need some luck with the injury bug. We're obviously going to sustain injuries in this sport, but we can't have "the big ones", and we can't have them to key players. We need our rookies out there getting experience, and I pray for the early picks to make the kind of impact we so desperately need.

  • Post Browns Stress Disorder seems to be infectious among long time fans. ๐Ÿ˜†

    Treatment: Take a healthy dose of Collins, Ogbah, Danny, Garrett and add some Peppers to spice it up some. ๐Ÿ˜

  • It's why trade downs are always tempting, any player can get injured at any time.

  • You just can't draft "scurred"...

    If a player has never had to have a surgical repair, you just don't think about "health". There are enough legitimate concerns without inventing more.

    Can't help but worry? Find an different sport to own/GM/follow... maybe tiddly-winks...

  • I'm not going to waste any time thinking about injury or anything like it because right now I'm excited about adding this immense talent, and I love the fact that he appears to have the work ethic and actual love for the game. The excerpt I read from Gregg Williams when he talked about putting Garrett through the absolute ringer, and then being blown away by Garrett's conditioning and explosive step to the QB...that's the kind of shit that makes me drool. Garrett will be able to shift the pocket with his speed alone, and when he fine-tunes his pass rushing techniques, he could be a terror. Add in the fact that Ogbah will hopefully get better, and all of the sudden the Browns actually have two people on defense that might scare the QB. Don't forget how enormous Garrett and Ogbah are, and they both run like the wind.

  • Jersey #s Top 5 out. http://brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/02/rookie-class-jersey-numbers-released-myles-garrett-will-wear-95/

    Garrett 95 Peppers 27 Njoku 85 Ogunjobi 65 Kizer 7

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Garrett 95

    So is it safe to place our orders now?

  • So looking at our past luck, Do any of you think he will make it to the first game without an injury? We have the worse luck in football and how many times has it happened to us in the past? I know many of you are going to read this and get all pissed off and I am not trying to be ignorant towards anybody I am only saying, we are cursed, time for the curse to end. I hope I am wrong but to be honest has this not crossed anybody's minds? I mean really

    @medicineman said:

    So looking at our past luck, Do any of you think he will make it to the first game without an injury? We have the worse luck in football and how many times has it happened to us in the past? I know many of you are going to read this and get all pissed off and I am not trying to be ignorant towards anybody I am only saying, we are cursed, time for the curse to end. I hope I am wrong but to be honest has this not crossed anybody's minds? I mean really

    Would it surprise anyone? Steve Emtman.

  • @medicineman said:

    So looking at our past luck, Do any of you think he will make it to the first game without an injury? We have the worse luck in football and how many times has it happened to us in the past? I know many of you are going to read this and get all pissed off and I am not trying to be ignorant towards anybody I am only saying, we are cursed, time for the curse to end. I hope I am wrong but to be honest has this not crossed anybody's minds? I mean really

    Would it surprise anyone? Steve Emtman.

    @the-gipper said:

    Would it surprise anyone? Steve Emtman.

    It happens. Ki-Jana Carter. Then guys that are medical risks Ross with the Bengals, RG III, both ACLs in college. We pick up LeCharles Bentley, he blows out his knee first day of training camp, never plays again. AFAIK, none of our first five picks have a significant injury history.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Garrett 95

    So is it safe to place our orders now?

    @tour2ma said:

    So is it safe to place our orders now?

  • I'll take the oil of clove, please...

  • Early nominee for tweet of the day...

    post-2853-0-26882100-1493991919_thumb.png

  • Sashi on his "talkative" #1 pick...

    Browns exec on Myles Garretts trash talk: Were not scared of it

    Posted by Darin Gantt on May 11, 2017, 6:10 AM EDT

    Browns top pick Myles Garrett got the Steelers attention, when in the mildest terms possible, said he was ready to sack quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to get his career going.

    And while teams generally go to great lengths to keep from being interesting in that way, Browns executive Sashi Brown saw it as another step in their development as a team.

    Were not scared of it, Brown said, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Myles, if you go back and look at his [introductory] press conference, has the right amount of levity balancing that confidence.

    Brown said he didnt think the rookie defensive end meant any disrespect, and thought the words might have been given more credence than they perhaps deserved.

    I just dont think the 160 carat tweets and headlines that get taken out of context often should reflect who the person is, he said. Its easy in this world to judge based on the headlines, and I think increasingly were finding and Donald Trumps finding this out, how difficult it is to survive in a public job and thats what being the No. 1 draft pick is for about three or four months and now hes going to understand its a longer-term deal that he asked for and he wants it. . . .

    This is a 21-year-old young man whos wise beyond his years. Just to correct, he didnt say hed hurt Ben, he did say hed take him down, but you have to spend time with him. You have to understand what his values are. Hes very confident in his abilities. He works his tail off. Hes about as hard-working . . . as any college prospect weve had.

    As trash talk goes, it was about as benign as any weve heard. But after Brown diagramed all the sentences and broke it down, its borderline boring, which is probably the way the Browns would prefer it.

  • ^^^The dude's exact quote on that, in reference in being asked directly who he's looking forward to most playing (and sacking):

    โ€œBig Ben," Garrett said. "A Super Bowl winner. I always said heโ€™s hard to take down, so Iโ€™m going to try to take him down."

    If you mofos consider that trash talk I can only imagine how lame your poker night is. Seriously, that's more a quote of respect for the dude than "trash-talk" or "arrogance". Hell, I probably would have said the exact same thing. Classic example of making a mountain out of a mole hill.

  • Lets just hope that his mouth does not write any checks that his play can't cash.

    Love those cliches. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

  • He needs to trash talk more. Never seen him do it. This whole story is so silly.