Skip to content

Myles Garrett

The Browns Board
85 29 2.9k
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Jersey #s Top 5 out. http://brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/02/rookie-class-jersey-numbers-released-myles-garrett-will-wear-95/

    Garrett 95 Peppers 27 Njoku 85 Ogunjobi 65 Kizer 7

    @tour2ma said:

    So is it safe to place our orders now?

    If you noticed, those were the #s they were wearing at mini-camp. Caution advised- I have a Couch jersey hanging in the basement. 🙂

  • http://imgur.com/9imgpWI AG I told you the earth would move 😉

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Jersey #s Top 5 out. http://brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/02/rookie-class-jersey-numbers-released-myles-garrett-will-wear-95/

    Garrett 95 Peppers 27 Njoku 85 Ogunjobi 65 Kizer 7

    @tour2ma said:

    So is it safe to place our orders now?

    If you noticed, those were the #s they were wearing at mini-camp. Caution advised- I have a Couch jersey hanging in the basement. 🙂

    @hoorta said:

    Caution advised- I have a Couch jersey hanging in the basement. 🙂

    Ah... but I can evaluate talent... 😉

  • Garrett 95 Peppers 27 Njoku 85 Ogunjobi 65 Kizer 7

    So is it safe to place our orders now?

    Yes...for # 32, 14, 76.

  • I agree. I mean it mite have been good for some fans to hear but not me. The guy never even been on a pro field yet and talking smack? Let your play do the talking. Don't go out and say a bunch of bs you mite not be able to back up......

  • Please don't tell me Ghoolostomy was complaining about someone talking smack...

  • "Smack" is quite the overstatement.

  • There is that to consider as well...

  • @ghoolie said:

    Garrett was a terrible, terrible waste of a #1 #1 pick.

    Boasting about pounding Big Ben? I promise you, Garrett is in for a rude awakening against the Steelers. Cheap shots? Nah, but, shots that just walk right up to the borderline of being cheap shots to take a guy out? Absolutely. You can be sure that the Steelers will orchestrate double teams and high-low hits to fuck this kid up.

    Will he get a sack on Ben? Maybe, but he will get the shit kicked out of him on game day. That you can bank on.

    I mean what kind of circus do you have going on in your mind

  • sydS syd

    @ghoolie said:

    Garrett was a terrible, terrible waste of a #1 #1 pick.

    Boasting about pounding Big Ben? I promise you, Garrett is in for a rude awakening against the Steelers. Cheap shots? Nah, but, shots that just walk right up to the borderline of being cheap shots to take a guy out? Absolutely. You can be sure that the Steelers will orchestrate double teams and high-low hits to fuck this kid up.

    Will he get a sack on Ben? Maybe, but he will get the shit kicked out of him on game day. That you can bank on.

    I mean what kind of circus do you have going on in your mind

    @syd said:

    I mean what kind of circus do you have going on in your mind

    One ring... at most...

  • @syd said:

    I mean what kind of circus do you have going on in your mind

    One ring... at most...

    @tour2ma said:

    One ring... at most...

    and if the elephants = brain cells,well you can understand the rest

  • @ghoolie said:

    Just watch. Just watch. You fucktards have all the answers in May, then when the season starts and you get my foot up your fucking ass, then you run and hide and don't say shit.

    Mark my words, the Steelers will fuck this kid up.

    Or vice versa....though certainly I suspect their OL coach Mike Munchak will know how to handle a first game rookie. Contain? Probably. "Fuck up"....now just what does that mean?

  • Pretty level head on our #1's shoulders...

    Browns No. 1 overall pick Myles Garrett says he 'can't be a savior' for Cleveland
    The top pick knows it takes a full team to win in football

    by Will Brinson @WillBrinson 17h ago 2 min read

    The expectations heaped on a No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft are pretty huge. If you're taken with the top pick in the draft, it's expected that you will be able to make an impact on your team and potentially turn around the fortunes of a franchise that has presumably struggled.


    In Cleveland things are even more dire. The Browns have been bad for years, and they're hoping that defensive end Myles Garrett, the No. 1 choice in the 2017 NFL Draft, will spark a defense and franchise that needs playmakers.


    Garrett has a message for those fans with high expectations: he is not a "savior," according to what he told NFL Network.


    "It takes a culmination of all these guys coming together and just having the attitude that we're not going to lose. And that's what we're going to do. I can't be a savior," Garrett said. "But I can be the best I can be. I can give it my all and make plays and dominate my side of the field, but it takes all 11 guys with a certain thought process that we're going to go out there and we're going to win."


    The good news is that Garrett's saying this for a smart reason, with the former Texas A&M standout also noting that "one person can't win games."


    All of this comes around to the point that you can't just win football games with a single player, particularly a single defensive end. If one defensive player could alter how a team plays, then the Texans would have a Super Bowl victory behind J.J. Watt's performance during some of his Defensive Player of the Year seasons.


    Garrett was the obvious top pick in the draft despite late rumors about the Browns chasing a quarterback. He issued a pretty aggressive warning to the Browns about the vengeance he would unleash if they decided to pass on him.


    Since arriving in the NFL, he's also said that he plans on taking down Ben Roethlisberger, which Big Ben is perfectly comfortable in hearing .


    So maybe it's a little surprising to hear Garrett take the non-cocky road when it comes to expectations. On the other hand, he's a smart guy, so he probably understands just how much work it's going to take for the Browns to start winning again. This is probably the wise choice on Garrett's part, even if the part about not being a savior will inevitably be taken out of context.

    @tour2ma said:

    I can't be a savior," Garrett said. "But I can be the best I can be. I can give it my all and make plays and dominate my side of the field, but it takes all 11 guys with a certain thought process that we're going to go out there and we're going to win."

    He's getting that out there very early in the process. And I don't blame him.

    translation: "Hey! This defense sucked ass last year. I'll do the best that I can do, honest to God....but hey....."

  • Mark my words....?

  • @ghoolie said:

    Garrett was a terrible, terrible waste of a #1 #1 pick.

    But...you're probably the ONLY one in the universe that THINKS that. (even in an infinite universe)

    ...with the possible exception of a Chicago Bears executive.

    What if San Fran would've picked him. Would it have been a terrible wast of a #1 pick for them too?

  • I wonder what CHI would have done had they had the #1 overall...

  • I think they'd have taken Trubisky.

    They couldn't even wait 10 minutes for San Fran to pick, they wanted him so bad.

  • I think they'd have taken Trubisky.

    They couldn't even wait 10 minutes for San Fran to pick, they wanted him so bad.

    @orion said:

    I think they'd have taken Trubisky.

    They couldn't even wait 10 minutes for San Fran to pick, they wanted him so bad.

    Interesting....I wonder if the Bears ever approached the Browns about a trade up for him.

  • @orion said:

    I think they'd have taken Trubisky.

    They couldn't even wait 10 minutes for San Fran to pick, they wanted him so bad.

    Interesting....I wonder if the Bears ever approached the Browns about a trade up for him.

    @the-gipper said:

    Interesting....I wonder if the Bears ever approached the Browns about a trade up for him.

    then probably Thomas at 3 then hooker at 12 unless they were really greedy and wanted 3 first's in next years draft

  • @ghoolie said:

    you think Garrett is going to launch our defense into Steel Curtain caliber?

    No. And I don't think he's gonna throw any TD passes either. I think a good QB outweighs a really good player at any other position. But I can't agree with Garrett being a wasted pick. - Is it possible that he wastes his career here? Like Joe Thomas? Because we never ever get the QB position right? The laws of physics doesn't rule it out.

    He was the 'safe' pick. The one everyone thought should be picked.

    After making the team a one win team, the Harvard Committee couldn't reach for a QB at #1 and fail. They got all the talking heads to say that the Browns did a good job with the draft. They needed Haslam to hear that.

    Would I have faulted them if they drafted Trubisky #1? No. Because I feel the QB position is just SOooo important that if you don't have one then you can't win, so you might as well keep swinging the bat. But the media would've jumped all over the Dumb Ol' Browns for screwing up the #1 overall pick.

    We drafted a big tall drink of water QB in round 2. That's a swing of the bat...of sorts. He was pretty good a season ago. Let's see if he can learn to be an NFL QB.