Skip to content

Storytime... You learn something everyday...

The Browns Board
10 7 420
  • Spoke with the wife of an old, literally he's 75, work buddy yesterday. He was out and about.

    Anyway... In the course of a pleasant, half-hour, catch-up conversation I mentioned the Browns and she asked me if I knew my bud's Mom used to babysit for "the coach of the Browns".

    I did not.

    "Not only the coach, but eventually a number of the players as well."

    Really?

    "Yes... they even all signed a football and gave it to her. I don't know who signed it. Some of the names may not even be legible. It's not in very good shape. She had stuck it in her basement, but we have it in a glass case now."

    If you do the math, then the babysitting was likely in the 50's or or 60's.

    I think I'm going to need pictures.

  • You work this right and you got a book.

  • If you get your hands on it, mail it to me and I'll authenticate it ?

  • If you get your hands on it, mail it to me and I'll authenticate it ?

    @comeonman said:

    If you get your hands on it, mail it to me and I'll authenticate it

    Pretty sure that ain't happening, but my Bud once gave me a pair of revolutionary, vintage AR-3a speakers... in their original boxes... and packing.

    Best I think I'll do here are some pics... which I'll post.

  • Spoke with the wife of an old, literally he's 75, work buddy yesterday. He was out and about.

    Anyway... In the course of a pleasant, half-hour, catch-up conversation I mentioned the Browns and she asked me if I knew my bud's Mom used to babysit for "the coach of the Browns".

    I did not.

    "Not only the coach, but eventually a number of the players as well."

    Really?

    "Yes... they even all signed a football and gave it to her. I don't know who signed it. Some of the names may not even be legible. It's not in very good shape. She had stuck it in her basement, but we have it in a glass case now."

    If you do the math, then the babysitting was likely in the 50's or or 60's.

    I think I'm going to need pictures.

    @tour2ma said:

    Spoke with the wife of an old, literally he's 75, work buddy yesterday. He was out and about.

    Anyway... In the course of a pleasant, half-hour, catch-up conversation I mentioned the Browns and she asked me if I knew my bud's Mom used to babysit for "the coach of the Browns".

    I did not.

    "Not only the coach, but eventually a number of the players as well."

    Really?

    "Yes... they even all signed a football and gave it to her. I don't know who signed it. Some of the names may not even be legible. It's not in very good shape. She had stuck it in her basement, but we have it in a glass case now."

    If you do the math, then the babysitting was likely in the 50's or or 60's.

    I think I'm going to need pictures.

    My good friend has a similar football his dad won in a contest. Plastic case? Yep. Autographed by all the coaches and players of the 1950 Browns. Will never go on sale, but can't imagine how much it would be worth at a memoribilia auction.

  • I've got Confederate Money for the Apocalypse. 😁

    c0662b1572b4e17c399a1dd61aaaafcf.jpg

  • http://www.therichest.com/sports/most-valuable-pieces-of-sports-memorabilia/

    Top 10 highest sport memorabilia items ever sold. Note: 4 of the 10 are directly related to Babe Ruth. No one else had more than 1.

  • Honus Wagner #1?

  • Honus Wagner #1?

    @tour2ma said:

    Honus Wagner #1?

    No, Babe Ruth's first jersey he wore as a Yankee....sold for 4.4 million bucks.

    Honus Wagner card only 4th on the list.

    And FYI, not a single NFL related item on the Top Ten list. (I mean....a fucking soccer piece of memorabilia is...but it was sold in England, so understandable.

  • I've got Kevin Mack's old coke mirror. $500 OBO.