Vincent Jackson
-
-
We are in a youth movement as evidenced by the Barnidge cut.
-
Any news on Gordon?
-
The price would have to be right, but adding a veteran receiver makes a LOT of sense. I don't think anybody on this forum feels good about our second-year WR's from last year's draft (mostly excluding Coleman, but we don't know yet). I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on either Vincent or Victor Cruz in the slot. At this moment, our slot receiver appears to be Rannell Hall, who I like, but who is also unproven. I believe he was on track to making the team before sustaining a serious injury (broken leg maybe), but I could be mistaken. I'm not sure if I have him mixed up with somebody else, but I want to say the coaches were extremely high on Hall, and he fills a need on our team left by the departure of Andrew Hawkins. If Hall can remain healthy and pick up where he left off, I actually like the thought of what he could potentially bring in that slot role. Vincent's allure is that he is a true "high point" receiver, and that's a QB's best friend at times. Throw a well-timed lob on one-on-one coverage, and Vincent can make that grab. Like so many pointed out, that was supposed to be Dwayne Bowe's niche as well, but I don't see the harm in bringing Vincent in for a workout and seeing where he's at.
-
Vincent started 5 games last year... 9 in 2015... that's 14 in 2 years. Where's the value in an 11-year vet whose body is breaking down?
Bad luck? OK... here are his YPG stats for the past 5 years...
- 86.5
- 76.5
- 62.6
- 54.3
- 34.6
See a trend?
Some of y'all will sign any name you recognize that's still breathing, if it comes available...
Every report says Coleman is spreading his wings this off-season by organizing workouts in Texas with other WRs and Kess. Let him assume the leadership role... or at least try to do so...
-
He and Evans were supposed to work like ice cream and cake, but it turned out only Evans was producing. He would have been one of our cuts like Gary had he been on this team last year.
-
I like the idea of signing Cruz.
We really do need another big body opposite of Britt..
Would like to see Higgins and Ricardo step it up this year
-
De'angelo williams intrigues me the most.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login