Gordon not Reinstated
-
I've said it before but I'll say it again. He's trying. He hasn't repeat offended anything. Each time that he's been suspended it's been for something different. It's not like he's blowing weed smoke in the Commish's face smiling. He's taken HUNDREDS of drug tests and has passed 99% of them since entering the NFL. If he wasn't trying, he wouldn't even be in the conversation, ala Blackmon or Ricky Williams. IMO Gordon has went above and beyond in his quest to become 'WORTHY' of being an NFL player. He's a stand up young man and he is well spoken and full of class. It really is a goddamn shame that he's being treated this way.
Josh Gordon has a target on his back from the NFL. He's their little scapegoat...
So, go ahead and poke fun at his misery. His misery is OUR misery. So... good job.
I've said it before but I'll say it again. He's trying. He hasn't repeat offended anything. Each time that he's been suspended it's been for something different. It's not like he's blowing weed smoke in the Commish's face smiling. He's taken HUNDREDS of drug tests and has passed 99% of them since entering the NFL. If he wasn't trying, he wouldn't even be in the conversation, ala Blackmon or Ricky Williams. IMO Gordon has went above and beyond in his quest to become 'WORTHY' of being an NFL player. He's a stand up young man and he is well spoken and full of class. It really is a goddamn shame that he's being treated this way.
Josh Gordon has a target on his back from the NFL. He's their little scapegoat...
So, go ahead and poke fun at his misery. His misery is OUR misery. So... good job.
Most of the time, I find your unparalleled optimism refreshing and fun to read. This agree to disagree won't change that.
I had a brother that was a lot like Josh Gordon in terms of God given's he was blessed with almost rendering the challenges of his sport and academics boring. For example, in 7th grade - he was getting A's in 9th grade honor's math while he was always the man in baseball and football.
Unfortunately, with all that came an omnipresent pressure to uphold the standard he set. As a kid (5 years younger than my older brother) I never understood why he hated to hear about what a big deal some people thought he was. He began to surround himself with druggies/creeps so his actions started to become like the company he kept. In high school, he quit sports and a starting job at Right Guard he had before he quit school in lieu of a GED as a senior. GED for an honors student with straight A's while sex, drugs and rock-n-roll was better than the sacrifices necessary for football? Yep! And while marijuana isn't evil - it's not exactly regarded as motivational especially for those more in need of their fanny lit than their next bowl...
He became really good at making people feel sorry for him. The alleged reason for his about-face was his parents got divorced. When both parents would say no - grandma would say yes to "Poor John." He went on and lived the rest of his life as a free spirit until he died at 52 years of age.
I see a lot of similarities in terms of what he chose to do with his God-given talents with that of Josh Gordon. Bored of the challenge to the extent there's nothing driving him to make the sacrifices necessary to continue on with the privilege to play. Even worse, the pressure to uphold the standard had him preferring to escape it hanging out with people that would threaten his short and long term future in the sports. He loved to hear it was everyone's fault but his; so he could hide behind it and use it to excel at making people feel sorry for him. Every time he'd screw-up there was always a dumb ass at his side role modelling the cubed root of ignorance.. Same with Josh, when he's speeding and a guy in the car has a big bag of weed on him in Josh's glove compartment or maintaining an on going need to hang out with John Blutarsky-Manziel. Who's kidding who here?
Let's just say, I've seen this sequel before...
-
Please understand some more regarding the "opiate" / addiction crisis.. the assertion that "The Victims Chose It" is simply objectively false.
Over 70% of those addicted to opiates first began because they had a nominally simple procedure - tooth pulling, hernia surgery, biopsy, etc. And at present, pain pills are presented at the end of that procedure.. however, the information that "Taking These Pills Is How Addiction Starts" is absolutely not described to that patient.. and that's 100% not the MD's fault.
1) "Pain Management" was not a thing before the family behind oxycontin began lobbying.
Quote from the article:
In 2007, Purdue Pharma and three of its top executives pleaded guilty to criminal charges that they had misled the F.D.A., clinicians, and patients about the risks of OxyContin addiction and abuse by aggressively marketing the drug to providers and patients as a safe alternative to short-acting narcotics. (Doctors had been taught that because OxyContin was time-released, it wouldn’t cause a high that would lead to addiction.)
2) MD's have been beaten down to "Make The Patient Happy" and so they give out pills because the pt asks.. because otherwise the MD is thought to be "not serving the pt."
Personally, I'm nearly afraid of oxy/vicodin.. make a point to attempt to tough it out no matter what - and only use advil if absolutely necessary.
Please understand some more regarding the "opiate" / addiction crisis.. the assertion that "The Victims Chose It" is simply objectively false.
Over 70% of those addicted to opiates first began because they had a nominally simple procedure - tooth pulling...
That's how I found out I was allergic ~30-years ago(?). Anyway... four wisdom teeth (two impacted) removed... sent home with Percodan (aspirin and oxycodone). Popped one in anticipation of the sedative my Oral Surgeon used wearing off and when it did I had "ants crawling all over my arms and legs".
At the Dr.'s instructions I tried a "half-tab" later... same result, so I made do with aspirin from then on.
-
Meanwhile back at the thread...
Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo
From earlier, on the Browns' plans for Josh Gordon and the perception they've flip-flopped recently.
Embedded video at: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/862811298282778626
-
I've said it before but I'll say it again. He's trying. He hasn't repeat offended anything. Each time that he's been suspended it's been for something different. It's not like he's blowing weed smoke in the Commish's face smiling. He's taken HUNDREDS of drug tests and has passed 99% of them since entering the NFL. If he wasn't trying, he wouldn't even be in the conversation, ala Blackmon or Ricky Williams. IMO Gordon has went above and beyond in his quest to become 'WORTHY' of being an NFL player. He's a stand up young man and he is well spoken and full of class. It really is a goddamn shame that he's being treated this way.
Josh Gordon has a target on his back from the NFL. He's their little scapegoat...
So, go ahead and poke fun at his misery. His misery is OUR misery. So... good job.
There is trying and there is doing. I have no sympathy for a person throwing away their talent & $$$ because they can only "try". He has now had close to 10 years of "trying" and continues not to "do". Good luck in the CFL with JM.
There is trying and there is doing. I have no sympathy for a person throwing away their talent & $$$ because they can only "try". He has now had close to 10 years of "trying" and continues not to "do". Good luck in the CFL with JM.
AMEN!! "Mr Innocent" checks himself into rehab a while ago....WHY? Others are right when they say there is more to this than meets the eye. Does anyone here REALLY believe that the NFLPA would NOT have stepped in had they felt Gordon has been treated unfairly?
No Gordon fan here, that's for sure.
Mike
-
Ok. I admit I'm a bit hard on Gordon mostly because I was rooting for him then he gets popped again. How many times can I wonder and then get let down.
Hope the best for you Josh!
-
And there's the key...
Don't invest enough to be disappointed... just take whatever you get should you ever get it.
I've moved on from the train wreck. Like waiting for Godot, I have that feeling it's never going to happen. Think Flugs nailed the Josh situation from personal experience.And there's the key...
Don't invest enough to be disappointed... just take whatever you get should you ever get it.
-
I've moved on from the train wreck. Like waiting for Godot, I have that feeling it's never going to happen. Think Flugs nailed the Josh situation from personal experience.And there's the key...
Don't invest enough to be disappointed... just take whatever you get should you ever get it.
I've moved on from the train wreck. Like waiting for Godot, I have that feeling it's never going to happen. Think Flugs nailed the Josh situation from personal experience.
Waitning for Godot. Waiting for Gordo. Hmm....I wonder if there was some Nostradamus like prescient with that work.
-
Please understand some more regarding the "opiate" / addiction crisis.. the assertion that "The Victims Chose It" is simply objectively false.
Over 70% of those addicted to opiates first began because they had a nominally simple procedure - tooth pulling...
That's how I found out I was allergic ~30-years ago(?). Anyway... four wisdom teeth (two impacted) removed... sent home with Percodan (aspirin and oxycodone). Popped one in anticipation of the sedative my Oral Surgeon used wearing off and when it did I had "ants crawling all over my arms and legs".
At the Dr.'s instructions I tried a "half-tab" later... same result, so I made do with aspirin from then on.
That's how I found out I was allergic ~30-years ago(?). Anyway... four wisdom teeth (two impacted) removed... sent home with Percodan (aspirin and oxycodone). Popped one in anticipation of the sedative my Oral Surgeon used wearing off and when it did I had "ants crawling all over my arms and legs".
At the Dr.'s instructions I tried a "half-tab" later... same result, so I made do with aspirin from then on.
My wife broke her wrist back in 2006. Had surgery at the Cleveland Clinic, one night in the hospital, picked her up the next morning, puked all over my car from the percocet. She can't take opiate's.
-
That's how I found out I was allergic ~30-years ago(?). Anyway... four wisdom teeth (two impacted) removed... sent home with Percodan (aspirin and oxycodone). Popped one in anticipation of the sedative my Oral Surgeon used wearing off and when it did I had "ants crawling all over my arms and legs".
At the Dr.'s instructions I tried a "half-tab" later... same result, so I made do with aspirin from then on.
My wife broke her wrist back in 2006. Had surgery at the Cleveland Clinic, one night in the hospital, picked her up the next morning, puked all over my car from the percocet. She can't take opiate's.
My wife broke her wrist back in 2006. Had surgery at the Cleveland Clinic, one night in the hospital, picked her up the next morning, puked all over my car from the percocet. She can't take opiate's.
As a professional detailer, let me convey my deepest heartfelt sympathy for your clear coat.
-
My wife broke her wrist back in 2006. Had surgery at the Cleveland Clinic, one night in the hospital, picked her up the next morning, puked all over my car from the percocet. She can't take opiate's.
As a professional detailer, let me convey my deepest heartfelt sympathy for your clear coat.
As a professional detailer, let me convey my deepest heartfelt sympathy for your clear coat.
It was the inside of the car. And dude, you better go to school.
-
As a professional detailer, let me convey my deepest heartfelt sympathy for your clear coat.
It was the inside of the car. And dude, you better go to school.
LmmfaoIt was the inside of the car. And dude, you better go to school.
-
As a professional detailer, let me convey my deepest heartfelt sympathy for your clear coat.
It was the inside of the car. And dude, you better go to school.
It was the inside of the car. And dude, you better go to school.
Then let me convey my deepest heartfelt sympathy for your detailer lol.
And I just do it for an extra few hundred bucks on the weekend. I love it.
-
"Interior Clearcoat" = Scotchgard
Tell you what tho, I had a "fun" non-opiate based Rx after a little, other oral surgery a couple years ago. Very floaty, walking-on-the-moon high...
-
Please understand some more regarding the "opiate" / addiction crisis.. the assertion that "The Victims Chose It" is simply objectively false.
Over 70% of those addicted to opiates first began because they had a nominally simple procedure - tooth pulling...
That's how I found out I was allergic ~30-years ago(?). Anyway... four wisdom teeth (two impacted) removed... sent home with Percodan (aspirin and oxycodone). Popped one in anticipation of the sedative my Oral Surgeon used wearing off and when it did I had "ants crawling all over my arms and legs".
At the Dr.'s instructions I tried a "half-tab" later... same result, so I made do with aspirin from then on.
That's how I found out I was allergic ~30-years ago(?). Anyway... four wisdom teeth (two impacted) removed... sent home with Percodan (aspirin and oxycodone). Popped one in anticipation of the sedative my Oral Surgeon used wearing off and when it did I had "ants crawling all over my arms and legs".
At the Dr.'s instructions I tried a "half-tab" later... same result, so I made do with aspirin from then on.
I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't have major side effects from the stuff. Vicodin does what it's supposed to do, and I have no desire to keep taking it after the severe pain is gone. Like the time I trimmed my toenails with a lawn mower.
-
Did it ever occur to you people that he probably tested positive again?
It sure occurred to me. But Goodell did not add to his suspension, he just didn't reenstate him. I dunno, maybe missed a test but didn't fail one? I understand his agent dropped him recently, and those guys tend to know things that we don't. Hard to say. As talented as he is, drafting him was a risk. He was kicked out of two college programs for failed drug tests.
I think I am gonna invent a helmet with powerful electromagnets or some such shit inside, that produces a cannabis-like sensation when worn and which goes away when removed. I will call it the Buzzhelmet, and I won't sell them, I will lease them to NFL players who have failed drug tests already. If I could pull that off I will be living in the Bahamas and payin supermodels to floss my teeth in no time.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login
