Skip to content

Redux, Local Knowledge

The Browns Board
13 7 1.0k
  • They are all town Paul Brown won in?

    They are the birthplaces of football players?

  • they all have an e or an a in their names

  • No, no, no. This is a puzzle, folks. A jumble. You need to take the first letter of each of the cities listed and create a phrase. That phrase is the answer.

  • They will all eventually be incorporated into Columbus?

  • These cities or towns are all home to Baseball Hall of Famers and also some Football Hall of Famers such as Norwalk with Paul Brown.

    That's my guess and I'm sticking to it, because I know a couple of the small towns listed are the birthplace of HOFers.

  • can we get a hint?

  • can we get a hint?

    nmills said:

    can we get a hint?

    My answer is right I'm almost positive. Cy Young is from Gilmore and Kenesaw Mountain Landis from Millville to name a few, so that's got to be what it is. I also know (since I work in Solon and go through Bedford) that it is the home of Halle Berry, Chris Chambers and Lee Evans and HoFer Elmer Flick. There's three HoFers from small towns so I can't imagine it is anything else. I started off thinking NFL draft etc but the Cy Young, Landis and Flick stuff sealed it for me.

    This is some of my useless knowledge and years of baseball historical stuff coming to fruition if I'm correct.

  • nmills said:

    can we get a hint?

    My answer is right I'm almost positive. Cy Young is from Gilmore and Kenesaw Mountain Landis from Millville to name a few, so that's got to be what it is. I also know (since I work in Solon and go through Bedford) that it is the home of Halle Berry, Chris Chambers and Lee Evans and HoFer Elmer Flick. There's three HoFers from small towns so I can't imagine it is anything else. I started off thinking NFL draft etc but the Cy Young, Landis and Flick stuff sealed it for me.

    This is some of my useless knowledge and years of baseball historical stuff coming to fruition if I'm correct.

    @riffer-x said:

    My answer is right I'm almost positive. Cy Young is from Gilmore and Kenesaw Mountain Landis from Millville to name a few, so that's got to be what it is. I also know (since I work in Solon and go through Bedford) that it is the home of Halle Berry, Chris Chambers and Lee Evans and HoFer Elmer Flick. There's three HoFers from small towns so I can't imagine it is anything else. I started off thinking NFL draft etc but the Cy Young, Landis and Flick stuff sealed it for me.

    This is some of my useless knowledge and years of baseball historical stuff coming to fruition if I'm correct.

    Yes, you have the right answer, these are the Ohio birthplaces of Baseball Hall of Famers:

    Venice: Walter Alston

    Toledo: Roger Bresnahan

    Alger: Ray Brown

    Cleveland: Ed Delanty and Rube Marquard

    Hoagland: Buck Ewing

    Steubenville: Rollie Fingers

    Bedford: Elmer Flick

    Clayton: Jesse Haines

    Cincinnati: Miller Huggins

    Norwalk: Ban Johnson

    Millville: Kenesaw Mountain Landis

    Blaine: Phil Niekro

    Flat: Branch Rickey

    Dayton: Mike Schmidt

    Akron: George Sisler

    Bellaire: Sol White

    Gilmore: Cy Young

    The Gipper

  • 17 People who have never been in my kitchen?

  • 17 People who have never been in my kitchen?

    88fingerslewy said:

    17 People who have never been in my kitchen?

    Since there were 18 names on that list, are you saying that one of them HAS been in your kitchen?

  • @riffer-x said:

    My answer is right I'm almost positive. Cy Young is from Gilmore and Kenesaw Mountain Landis from Millville to name a few, so that's got to be what it is. I also know (since I work in Solon and go through Bedford) that it is the home of Halle Berry, Chris Chambers and Lee Evans and HoFer Elmer Flick. There's three HoFers from small towns so I can't imagine it is anything else. I started off thinking NFL draft etc but the Cy Young, Landis and Flick stuff sealed it for me.

    This is some of my useless knowledge and years of baseball historical stuff coming to fruition if I'm correct.

    Yes, you have the right answer, these are the Ohio birthplaces of Baseball Hall of Famers:

    Venice: Walter Alston

    Toledo: Roger Bresnahan

    Alger: Ray Brown

    Cleveland: Ed Delanty and Rube Marquard

    Hoagland: Buck Ewing

    Steubenville: Rollie Fingers

    Bedford: Elmer Flick

    Clayton: Jesse Haines

    Cincinnati: Miller Huggins

    Norwalk: Ban Johnson

    Millville: Kenesaw Mountain Landis

    Blaine: Phil Niekro

    Flat: Branch Rickey

    Dayton: Mike Schmidt

    Akron: George Sisler

    Bellaire: Sol White

    Gilmore: Cy Young

    The Gipper

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes, you have the right answer, these are the Ohio birthplaces of Baseball Hall of Famers:

    Venice: Walter Alston

    Toledo: Roger Bresnahan

    Alger: Ray Brown

    Cleveland: Ed Delanty and Rube Marquard

    Hoagland: Buck Ewing

    Steubenville: Rollie Fingers

    Bedford: Elmer Flick

    Clayton: Jesse Haines

    Cincinnati: Miller Huggins

    Norwalk: Ban Johnson

    Millville: Kenesaw Mountain Landis

    Blaine: Phil Niekro

    Flat: Branch Rickey

    Dayton: Mike Schmidt

    Akron: George Sisler

    Bellaire: Sol White

    Gilmore: Cy Young

    The Gipper

    Did not know Phil Neikro is from Ohio. Mike Schmidt went to Ohio U and one of my old HS basketball and baseball coaches roomed with him there.