Skip to content

Howard Wilson broken kneecap

The Browns Board
57 20 2.0k
  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #15

    @poeticg said:

    @kvoethe said:

    Probably had an old knee growth

    Naw this is what happens when a Cougar that could run all his life shows up in Cleveland looking like the Wichita State Shocker Mascot..(ice up son ice up)#smitty.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Seriously we may need to sacrifice a goat

  • "Browns' 4th-rounder Howard Wilson breaks kneecap, will have possible season-ending surgery"

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_rookie_cornerback_howar.html

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @d-bone said:

    "Browns' 4th-rounder Howard Wilson breaks kneecap, will have possible season-ending surgery"

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_rookie_cornerback_howar.html

    Mentioned it in the other thread- 6-8 weeks before they let you put weight on the leg. Similar injury that knocked Kyrie Irving out of the Finals a couple seasons back. Didn't seem to affect his play after he rehabbed. 🙂

  • Waiver wire dealing to be done

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @londonbrown said:

    Waiver wire dealing to be done

    Oh yeah... with first dibs, it's likely to be a busy season...

    @jcam222 said:

    Seriously we may need to sacrifice a goat

    Then who would play Left Tackle?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #19

    Surprising account of how the injury occurred...

    "It's disappointing but this a part of playing football,'' Wilson said in a statement from the Browns. "It was kind of a freak thing. I was just running around and my knee just kind of locked up on me. I didn't think much of it but the training staff wanted to get the proper testing so I got the MRI. I'm a positive person so I will have the surgery, work hard in my rehab and look forward to getting back to out there and helping this team win some games.''

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_rookie_cornerback_howar.html

    I had assumed there was some "contact" involved... even if it was just knee meets ground.

  • Surprising account of how the injury occurred...

    "It's disappointing but this a part of playing football,'' Wilson said in a statement from the Browns. "It was kind of a freak thing. I was just running around and my knee just kind of locked up on me. I didn't think much of it but the training staff wanted to get the proper testing so I got the MRI. I'm a positive person so I will have the surgery, work hard in my rehab and look forward to getting back to out there and helping this team win some games.''

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_rookie_cornerback_howar.html

    I had assumed there was some "contact" involved... even if it was just knee meets ground.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #20

    @tour2ma said:

    Surprising account of how the injury occurred...

    I had assumed there was some "contact" involved... even if it was just knee meets ground.

    surprise? call in the water treatment guy?(ok,The Waterboy) it seems the ickyagan state surrounded by hot dog water has flowed into the canal's of lake Erie & has poisoned our turf. far to many strange things have gone on on that practice turf since Bentley..do you remember a actual injury that happened in a GAME the last 2 seasons besides every QB on our roster?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Two? No... 2.3 or so would include Gipson's broken leg tho...

  • @londonbrown said:

    Waiver wire dealing to be done

    Oh yeah... with first dibs, it's likely to be a busy season...

    @jcam222 said:

    Seriously we may need to sacrifice a goat

    Then who would play Left Tackle?

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    Oh yeah... with first dibs, it's likely to be a busy season...

    Then who would play Left Tackle?

    LOL
  • Shit... way too early for "next man up"...

    Surgery for a knee cap sounds like the patella tendon may be involved. The bone healing is fast compared to mending the patella...

    But an opportunity for a UDFA...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @tour2ma said:

    Shit... way too early for "next man up"...

    Surgery for a knee cap sounds like the patella tendon may be involved. The bone healing is fast compared to mending the patella...

    But an opportunity for a UDFA...

    Channing Stribling?

  • That didn't take long.

    ...losing guys in May....geesh...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @orion said:

    That didn't take long.

    ...losing guys in May....geesh...

    Neverending story for the Browns.

  • Surprising account of how the injury occurred...

    "It's disappointing but this a part of playing football,'' Wilson said in a statement from the Browns. "It was kind of a freak thing. I was just running around and my knee just kind of locked up on me. I didn't think much of it but the training staff wanted to get the proper testing so I got the MRI. I'm a positive person so I will have the surgery, work hard in my rehab and look forward to getting back to out there and helping this team win some games.''

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_rookie_cornerback_howar.html

    I had assumed there was some "contact" involved... even if it was just knee meets ground.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @tour2ma said:

    Surprising account of how the injury occurred...

    "It's disappointing but this a part of playing football,'' Wilson said in a statement from the Browns. "It was kind of a freak thing. I was just running around and my knee just kind of locked up on me. I didn't think much of it but the training staff wanted to get the proper testing so I got the MRI. I'm a positive person so I will have the surgery, work hard in my rehab and look forward to getting back to out there and helping this team win some games.''

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_rookie_cornerback_howar.html

    I had assumed there was some "contact" involved... even if it was just knee meets ground.

    I tore ligaments in my knee when I was 16 at baseball practice. No contact, and I wasn't even running at the time. It was early in the year, like Feb/March, and we were just hitting off a tee in the gym....and I don't recall even swinging at the time it happened...but it was just BOOM...shredded ligament. No real apparent cause or explanation that I know of.

  • Two? No... 2.3 or so would include Gipson's broken leg tho...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @tour2ma said:

    Two? No... 2.3 or so would include Gipson's broken leg tho...

    Not broken leg.....torn ligament... 😉😮😁

  • @tour2ma said:

    Surprising account of how the injury occurred...

    "It's disappointing but this a part of playing football,'' Wilson said in a statement from the Browns. "It was kind of a freak thing. I was just running around and my knee just kind of locked up on me. I didn't think much of it but the training staff wanted to get the proper testing so I got the MRI. I'm a positive person so I will have the surgery, work hard in my rehab and look forward to getting back to out there and helping this team win some games.''

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_rookie_cornerback_howar.html

    I had assumed there was some "contact" involved... even if it was just knee meets ground.

    I tore ligaments in my knee when I was 16 at baseball practice. No contact, and I wasn't even running at the time. It was early in the year, like Feb/March, and we were just hitting off a tee in the gym....and I don't recall even swinging at the time it happened...but it was just BOOM...shredded ligament. No real apparent cause or explanation that I know of.

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @the-gipper said:

    I tore ligaments in my knee when I was 16 at baseball practice. No contact, and I wasn't even running at the time. It was early in the year, like Feb/March, and we were just hitting off a tee in the gym....and I don't recall even swinging at the time it happened...but it was just BOOM...shredded ligament. No real apparent cause or explanation that I know of.

    That's way back when...when the doctor blew smoke up your ass to heal it?
  • @the-gipper said:

    I tore ligaments in my knee when I was 16 at baseball practice. No contact, and I wasn't even running at the time. It was early in the year, like Feb/March, and we were just hitting off a tee in the gym....and I don't recall even swinging at the time it happened...but it was just BOOM...shredded ligament. No real apparent cause or explanation that I know of.

    That's way back when...when the doctor blew smoke up your ass to heal it?
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #28

    @one-post said:

    That's way back when...when the doctor blew smoke up your ass to heal it?

    That must have been some smoke to leave a long zipper scar on my right leg.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Two? No... 2.3 or so would include Gipson's broken leg tho...

    Not broken leg.....torn ligament... 😉😮😁

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #29

    @the-gipper said:

    Not broken leg.....torn ligament... 😉😮😁

    Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...

    Weird injury for sure.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Not broken leg.....torn ligament... 😉😮😁

    Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...

    Weird injury for sure.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #30

    @d-bone said:

    Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...

    Weird injury for sure.

    You weren't getting it. Tour spoke of "T. Gipson's" broken leg. I related the story of my torn ligaments.....my real name is...well...look at the 9th and 10th words of this post.

  • @d-bone said:

    Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...

    Weird injury for sure.

    You weren't getting it. Tour spoke of "T. Gipson's" broken leg. I related the story of my torn ligaments.....my real name is...well...look at the 9th and 10th words of this post.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @the-gipper said:

    You weren't getting it. Tour spoke of "T. Gipson's" broken leg. I related the story of my torn ligaments.....my real name is...well...look at the 9th and 10th words of this post.

    I was just using your post to make my point how weird of an injury this was..... that's all - nothing sinister. 😉

  • @the-gipper said:

    You weren't getting it. Tour spoke of "T. Gipson's" broken leg. I related the story of my torn ligaments.....my real name is...well...look at the 9th and 10th words of this post.

    I was just using your post to make my point how weird of an injury this was..... that's all - nothing sinister. 😉

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @d-bone said:

    I was just using your post to make my point how weird of an injury this was..... that's all - nothing sinister. 😉

    No worries, I just wasn't sure you got my "joke".

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #33

    This is sinister

    Is that way back when...when the doc had a piece of meat tied around a sring then dropped in the hole?

    Jokes Gip.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Not broken leg.....torn ligament... 😉😮😁

    Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...

    Weird injury for sure.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @d-bone said:

    Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...

    Weird injury for sure.

    Yup, IIRC, Irving banged knees to cause his busted kneecap. Before that, I had never heard of it happening.

    @the-gipper said:

    That must have been some smoke to leave a long zipper scar on my right leg.

    Stone Age surgery Gip. Arthroscopic procedures today- the incision is about a 1\2 inch. Microscopic cataract surgery- it's a millimeter or two.