Howard Wilson broken kneecap
-
Surprising account of how the injury occurred...
"It's disappointing but this a part of playing football,'' Wilson said in a statement from the Browns. "It was kind of a freak thing. I was just running around and my knee just kind of locked up on me. I didn't think much of it but the training staff wanted to get the proper testing so I got the MRI. I'm a positive person so I will have the surgery, work hard in my rehab and look forward to getting back to out there and helping this team win some games.''
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_rookie_cornerback_howar.html
I had assumed there was some "contact" involved... even if it was just knee meets ground.
-
Surprising account of how the injury occurred...
"It's disappointing but this a part of playing football,'' Wilson said in a statement from the Browns. "It was kind of a freak thing. I was just running around and my knee just kind of locked up on me. I didn't think much of it but the training staff wanted to get the proper testing so I got the MRI. I'm a positive person so I will have the surgery, work hard in my rehab and look forward to getting back to out there and helping this team win some games.''
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_rookie_cornerback_howar.html
I had assumed there was some "contact" involved... even if it was just knee meets ground.
Surprising account of how the injury occurred...
I had assumed there was some "contact" involved... even if it was just knee meets ground.
surprise? call in the water treatment guy?(ok,The Waterboy) it seems the ickyagan state surrounded by hot dog water has flowed into the canal's of lake Erie & has poisoned our turf. far to many strange things have gone on on that practice turf since Bentley..do you remember a actual injury that happened in a GAME the last 2 seasons besides every QB on our roster?
-
Waiver wire dealing to be done
Oh yeah... with first dibs, it's likely to be a busy season...
Seriously we may need to sacrifice a goat
Then who would play Left Tackle?
-
Shit... way too early for "next man up"...
Surgery for a knee cap sounds like the patella tendon may be involved. The bone healing is fast compared to mending the patella...
But an opportunity for a UDFA...
-
-
Surprising account of how the injury occurred...
"It's disappointing but this a part of playing football,'' Wilson said in a statement from the Browns. "It was kind of a freak thing. I was just running around and my knee just kind of locked up on me. I didn't think much of it but the training staff wanted to get the proper testing so I got the MRI. I'm a positive person so I will have the surgery, work hard in my rehab and look forward to getting back to out there and helping this team win some games.''
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_rookie_cornerback_howar.html
I had assumed there was some "contact" involved... even if it was just knee meets ground.
Surprising account of how the injury occurred...
"It's disappointing but this a part of playing football,'' Wilson said in a statement from the Browns. "It was kind of a freak thing. I was just running around and my knee just kind of locked up on me. I didn't think much of it but the training staff wanted to get the proper testing so I got the MRI. I'm a positive person so I will have the surgery, work hard in my rehab and look forward to getting back to out there and helping this team win some games.''
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_rookie_cornerback_howar.html
I had assumed there was some "contact" involved... even if it was just knee meets ground.
I tore ligaments in my knee when I was 16 at baseball practice. No contact, and I wasn't even running at the time. It was early in the year, like Feb/March, and we were just hitting off a tee in the gym....and I don't recall even swinging at the time it happened...but it was just BOOM...shredded ligament. No real apparent cause or explanation that I know of.
-
-
Surprising account of how the injury occurred...
"It's disappointing but this a part of playing football,'' Wilson said in a statement from the Browns. "It was kind of a freak thing. I was just running around and my knee just kind of locked up on me. I didn't think much of it but the training staff wanted to get the proper testing so I got the MRI. I'm a positive person so I will have the surgery, work hard in my rehab and look forward to getting back to out there and helping this team win some games.''
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_rookie_cornerback_howar.html
I had assumed there was some "contact" involved... even if it was just knee meets ground.
I tore ligaments in my knee when I was 16 at baseball practice. No contact, and I wasn't even running at the time. It was early in the year, like Feb/March, and we were just hitting off a tee in the gym....and I don't recall even swinging at the time it happened...but it was just BOOM...shredded ligament. No real apparent cause or explanation that I know of.
That's way back when...when the doctor blew smoke up your ass to heal it?I tore ligaments in my knee when I was 16 at baseball practice. No contact, and I wasn't even running at the time. It was early in the year, like Feb/March, and we were just hitting off a tee in the gym....and I don't recall even swinging at the time it happened...but it was just BOOM...shredded ligament. No real apparent cause or explanation that I know of.
-
That's way back when...when the doctor blew smoke up your ass to heal it?I tore ligaments in my knee when I was 16 at baseball practice. No contact, and I wasn't even running at the time. It was early in the year, like Feb/March, and we were just hitting off a tee in the gym....and I don't recall even swinging at the time it happened...but it was just BOOM...shredded ligament. No real apparent cause or explanation that I know of.
-
Not broken leg.....torn ligament...



Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...
Weird injury for sure.
-
Not broken leg.....torn ligament...



Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...
Weird injury for sure.
Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...
Weird injury for sure.
You weren't getting it. Tour spoke of "T. Gipson's" broken leg. I related the story of my torn ligaments.....my real name is...well...look at the 9th and 10th words of this post.
-
Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...
Weird injury for sure.
You weren't getting it. Tour spoke of "T. Gipson's" broken leg. I related the story of my torn ligaments.....my real name is...well...look at the 9th and 10th words of this post.
You weren't getting it. Tour spoke of "T. Gipson's" broken leg. I related the story of my torn ligaments.....my real name is...well...look at the 9th and 10th words of this post.
I was just using your post to make my point how weird of an injury this was..... that's all - nothing sinister.

-
You weren't getting it. Tour spoke of "T. Gipson's" broken leg. I related the story of my torn ligaments.....my real name is...well...look at the 9th and 10th words of this post.
I was just using your post to make my point how weird of an injury this was..... that's all - nothing sinister.

-
This is sinister
Is that way back when...when the doc had a piece of meat tied around a sring then dropped in the hole?
Jokes Gip.
-
Not broken leg.....torn ligament...



Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...
Weird injury for sure.
Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...
Weird injury for sure.
Yup, IIRC, Irving banged knees to cause his busted kneecap. Before that, I had never heard of it happening.
That must have been some smoke to leave a long zipper scar on my right leg.
Stone Age surgery Gip. Arthroscopic procedures today- the incision is about a 1\2 inch. Microscopic cataract surgery- it's a millimeter or two.
-
@ghoolie said:
Does anyone want to lay odds on which game Kessler has a concussion?
Does anyone want to lay odds on which month your fat ass has a heart attack?
-
Not broken leg.....torn ligament...



Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...
Weird injury for sure.
Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...
Weird injury for sure.
I did exactly that returning a punt where I ran out of bounds. No contact. Fractured knee cap. I was 16 like Gipper playing high school football.
-
Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...
Weird injury for sure.
I did exactly that returning a punt where I ran out of bounds. No contact. Fractured knee cap. I was 16 like Gipper playing high school football.
I did exactly that returning a punt where I ran out of bounds. No contact. Fractured knee cap. I was 16 like Gipper playing high school football.
Wow, crazy! I've never heard of this in my 49yrs..... My bones have typically broken when I hit the earth too hard.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login