Skip to content

Howard Wilson broken kneecap

The Browns Board
57 20 2.0k
  • @londonbrown said:

    Waiver wire dealing to be done

    Oh yeah... with first dibs, it's likely to be a busy season...

    @jcam222 said:

    Seriously we may need to sacrifice a goat

    Then who would play Left Tackle?

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    Oh yeah... with first dibs, it's likely to be a busy season...

    Then who would play Left Tackle?

    LOL
  • Shit... way too early for "next man up"...

    Surgery for a knee cap sounds like the patella tendon may be involved. The bone healing is fast compared to mending the patella...

    But an opportunity for a UDFA...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @tour2ma said:

    Shit... way too early for "next man up"...

    Surgery for a knee cap sounds like the patella tendon may be involved. The bone healing is fast compared to mending the patella...

    But an opportunity for a UDFA...

    Channing Stribling?

  • That didn't take long.

    ...losing guys in May....geesh...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @orion said:

    That didn't take long.

    ...losing guys in May....geesh...

    Neverending story for the Browns.

  • Surprising account of how the injury occurred...

    "It's disappointing but this a part of playing football,'' Wilson said in a statement from the Browns. "It was kind of a freak thing. I was just running around and my knee just kind of locked up on me. I didn't think much of it but the training staff wanted to get the proper testing so I got the MRI. I'm a positive person so I will have the surgery, work hard in my rehab and look forward to getting back to out there and helping this team win some games.''

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_rookie_cornerback_howar.html

    I had assumed there was some "contact" involved... even if it was just knee meets ground.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @tour2ma said:

    Surprising account of how the injury occurred...

    "It's disappointing but this a part of playing football,'' Wilson said in a statement from the Browns. "It was kind of a freak thing. I was just running around and my knee just kind of locked up on me. I didn't think much of it but the training staff wanted to get the proper testing so I got the MRI. I'm a positive person so I will have the surgery, work hard in my rehab and look forward to getting back to out there and helping this team win some games.''

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_rookie_cornerback_howar.html

    I had assumed there was some "contact" involved... even if it was just knee meets ground.

    I tore ligaments in my knee when I was 16 at baseball practice. No contact, and I wasn't even running at the time. It was early in the year, like Feb/March, and we were just hitting off a tee in the gym....and I don't recall even swinging at the time it happened...but it was just BOOM...shredded ligament. No real apparent cause or explanation that I know of.

  • Two? No... 2.3 or so would include Gipson's broken leg tho...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @tour2ma said:

    Two? No... 2.3 or so would include Gipson's broken leg tho...

    Not broken leg.....torn ligament... 😉😮😁

  • @tour2ma said:

    Surprising account of how the injury occurred...

    "It's disappointing but this a part of playing football,'' Wilson said in a statement from the Browns. "It was kind of a freak thing. I was just running around and my knee just kind of locked up on me. I didn't think much of it but the training staff wanted to get the proper testing so I got the MRI. I'm a positive person so I will have the surgery, work hard in my rehab and look forward to getting back to out there and helping this team win some games.''

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_rookie_cornerback_howar.html

    I had assumed there was some "contact" involved... even if it was just knee meets ground.

    I tore ligaments in my knee when I was 16 at baseball practice. No contact, and I wasn't even running at the time. It was early in the year, like Feb/March, and we were just hitting off a tee in the gym....and I don't recall even swinging at the time it happened...but it was just BOOM...shredded ligament. No real apparent cause or explanation that I know of.

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @the-gipper said:

    I tore ligaments in my knee when I was 16 at baseball practice. No contact, and I wasn't even running at the time. It was early in the year, like Feb/March, and we were just hitting off a tee in the gym....and I don't recall even swinging at the time it happened...but it was just BOOM...shredded ligament. No real apparent cause or explanation that I know of.

    That's way back when...when the doctor blew smoke up your ass to heal it?
  • @the-gipper said:

    I tore ligaments in my knee when I was 16 at baseball practice. No contact, and I wasn't even running at the time. It was early in the year, like Feb/March, and we were just hitting off a tee in the gym....and I don't recall even swinging at the time it happened...but it was just BOOM...shredded ligament. No real apparent cause or explanation that I know of.

    That's way back when...when the doctor blew smoke up your ass to heal it?
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #28

    @one-post said:

    That's way back when...when the doctor blew smoke up your ass to heal it?

    That must have been some smoke to leave a long zipper scar on my right leg.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Two? No... 2.3 or so would include Gipson's broken leg tho...

    Not broken leg.....torn ligament... 😉😮😁

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #29

    @the-gipper said:

    Not broken leg.....torn ligament... 😉😮😁

    Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...

    Weird injury for sure.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Not broken leg.....torn ligament... 😉😮😁

    Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...

    Weird injury for sure.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #30

    @d-bone said:

    Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...

    Weird injury for sure.

    You weren't getting it. Tour spoke of "T. Gipson's" broken leg. I related the story of my torn ligaments.....my real name is...well...look at the 9th and 10th words of this post.

  • @d-bone said:

    Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...

    Weird injury for sure.

    You weren't getting it. Tour spoke of "T. Gipson's" broken leg. I related the story of my torn ligaments.....my real name is...well...look at the 9th and 10th words of this post.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @the-gipper said:

    You weren't getting it. Tour spoke of "T. Gipson's" broken leg. I related the story of my torn ligaments.....my real name is...well...look at the 9th and 10th words of this post.

    I was just using your post to make my point how weird of an injury this was..... that's all - nothing sinister. 😉

  • @the-gipper said:

    You weren't getting it. Tour spoke of "T. Gipson's" broken leg. I related the story of my torn ligaments.....my real name is...well...look at the 9th and 10th words of this post.

    I was just using your post to make my point how weird of an injury this was..... that's all - nothing sinister. 😉

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @d-bone said:

    I was just using your post to make my point how weird of an injury this was..... that's all - nothing sinister. 😉

    No worries, I just wasn't sure you got my "joke".

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #33

    This is sinister

    Is that way back when...when the doc had a piece of meat tied around a sring then dropped in the hole?

    Jokes Gip.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Not broken leg.....torn ligament... 😉😮😁

    Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...

    Weird injury for sure.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @d-bone said:

    Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...

    Weird injury for sure.

    Yup, IIRC, Irving banged knees to cause his busted kneecap. Before that, I had never heard of it happening.

    @the-gipper said:

    That must have been some smoke to leave a long zipper scar on my right leg.

    Stone Age surgery Gip. Arthroscopic procedures today- the incision is about a 1\2 inch. Microscopic cataract surgery- it's a millimeter or two.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #35

    @ghoolie said:

    Does anyone want to lay odds on which game Kessler has a concussion?

    Does anyone want to lay odds on which month your fat ass has a heart attack?

  • @ghoolie said:

    Does anyone want to lay odds on which game Kessler has a concussion?

    Does anyone want to lay odds on which month your fat ass has a heart attack?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @d-bone said:

    Does anyone want to lay odds on which month your fat ass has a heart attack?

    Dibs on Thanksgiving...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Not broken leg.....torn ligament... 😉😮😁

    Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...

    Weird injury for sure.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @d-bone said:

    Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...

    Weird injury for sure.

    I did exactly that returning a punt where I ran out of bounds. No contact. Fractured knee cap. I was 16 like Gipper playing high school football.

  • @d-bone said:

    Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...

    Weird injury for sure.

    I did exactly that returning a punt where I ran out of bounds. No contact. Fractured knee cap. I was 16 like Gipper playing high school football.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I did exactly that returning a punt where I ran out of bounds. No contact. Fractured knee cap. I was 16 like Gipper playing high school football.

    Wow, crazy! I've never heard of this in my 49yrs..... My bones have typically broken when I hit the earth too hard.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I did exactly that returning a punt where I ran out of bounds. No contact. Fractured knee cap. I was 16 like Gipper playing high school football.

    Wow, crazy! I've never heard of this in my 49yrs..... My bones have typically broken when I hit the earth too hard.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @d-bone said:

    Wow, crazy! I've never heard of this in my 49yrs..... My bones have typically broken when I hit the earth too hard.

    Haha I was baffled too. My only guess is that a sprain in my knee ligaments a few weeks earlier had done something to set up the fracture.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I did exactly that returning a punt where I ran out of bounds. No contact. Fractured knee cap. I was 16 like Gipper playing high school football.

    Wow, crazy! I've never heard of this in my 49yrs..... My bones have typically broken when I hit the earth too hard.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #40

    @d-bone said:

    Wow, crazy! I've never heard of this in my 49yrs..... My bones have typically broken when I hit the earth too hard.

    Same here twice. Same sister. Softball goes over the fence. instead of run around it, to apparently not tear up my leg 😉 she pushes me over fence,catching foot between those deadly spiked top & top post slamming left arm to ground. Next she pushed me from a tree after throwing her barbie out of the tree with the amazing J.I Joe parachute with barbie attached(sis named Barb of course) that broke my right arm. (Mom said i deserved it 😮)Barbie did survive but that damn cheap string on them JI Joe's sucked....

  • @d-bone said:

    Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...

    Weird injury for sure.

    Yup, IIRC, Irving banged knees to cause his busted kneecap. Before that, I had never heard of it happening.

    @the-gipper said:

    That must have been some smoke to leave a long zipper scar on my right leg.

    Stone Age surgery Gip. Arthroscopic procedures today- the incision is about a 1\2 inch. Microscopic cataract surgery- it's a millimeter or two.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @hoorta said:

    Yup, IIRC, Irving banged knees to cause his busted kneecap. Before that, I had never heard of it happening.

    Stone Age surgery Gip. Arthroscopic procedures today- the incision is about a 1\2 inch. Microscopic cataract surgery- it's a millimeter or two.

    1968. Not sure that they could have don Laproscopy on me even now.