Skip to content

Howard Wilson broken kneecap

The Browns Board
57 20 2.0k
  • @d-bone said:

    Howard fractured his kneecap in a non contact injury..... Very rare. Soft tissue injuries and long bone leg fractures happen all of the time in non contact injuries, but not things like kneecaps, ribs, skulls ect...

    Weird injury for sure.

    I did exactly that returning a punt where I ran out of bounds. No contact. Fractured knee cap. I was 16 like Gipper playing high school football.

    F Furious Styles wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I did exactly that returning a punt where I ran out of bounds. No contact. Fractured knee cap.

    That's what you get for prancing out of bounds. FIGHT FOR EXTRA YARDS SON!
  • Gipper's avatar proves you wrong...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @tour2ma said:

    Gipper's avatar proves you wrong...

    Absolutely:

    A White Russian is a cocktail made with vodka, coffee liqueur, and cream served with ice in an Old Fashioned glass. Often milk will be used as an alternative to cream. Wikipedia

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #50

    Lol! Good deal!

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @ghoolie said:

    My cousin Bill Torek was camping out in his back yard with friends one summer. They made a tent out of an army parachute and kept the 11 - 12 year olds out of the camp out, ( Me) During the night some guys decided to roll sleeping Bill down a hill near the parachute opening. He rolled over and cracked his boner. No shit. I guess he was screaming in pain. I never could figure out why he had a boner with a bunch of guys in a camp out. I am glad he barred me from the festivities.

    The human kickstand.
  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #52

    Paging Dr. Hoorta come in.. 😉 News has it. Wilson will Not have surgery & may return around bye in week 9? call me a wuss but if I broke my kneecap. how does this work with no surgery? Kyrie did have?.no(but this is full contact football)

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @boo-fagley said:

    Ghoolie is on to something.

    How the F to you break a knee cap in May while running? What will happen when Wilson takes a real hit on the field?

    I'd venture a guess there was previous damage from all the prior hits on the field and some freak non contact stuff happens.

    Why don't you science the shit out of it and get back to us.

  • Paging Dr. Hoorta come in.. 😉 News has it. Wilson will Not have surgery & may return around bye in week 9? call me a wuss but if I broke my kneecap. how does this work with no surgery? Kyrie did have?.no(but this is full contact football)

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @gumby73 said:

    Paging Dr. Hoorta come in.. 😉 News has it. Wilson will Not have surgery & may return around bye in week 9? call me a wuss but if I broke my kneecap. how does this work with no surgery? Kyrie did have?.no(but this is full contact football)

    Again... I think surgery need is determined by either of two things:

    • tendon damage, and
    • nature of the break.

    Specifically on the latter if the break is "clean", i.e., no chips or fragments to remove, then the "setting" can be clean as well.

    Week 9 tho... that's still a long, freakin' rehab...

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #55

    http://brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/19/howard-wilson-injury-not-as-serious-as-feared-could-play-in-17/

    says his knee fracture not as serious as suspected. Might be able to play in 2017 after all ,because

    no surgery is deemed necessary.

    GREAT !

  • Paging Dr. Hoorta come in.. 😉 News has it. Wilson will Not have surgery & may return around bye in week 9? call me a wuss but if I broke my kneecap. how does this work with no surgery? Kyrie did have?.no(but this is full contact football)

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @gumby73 said:

    Paging Dr. Hoorta come in.. 😉 News has it. Wilson will Not have surgery & may return around bye in week 9? call me a wuss but if I broke my kneecap. how does this work with no surgery? Kyrie did have?.no(but this is full contact football)

    I'm not an Orthopedic Surgeon, but what I suspect is- he only suffered a "minor" break. The parts of the bone that broke might have only been separated by a millimeter or so, and the experts decided they would fuse without surgical intervention. You get beyond a certain point and it's get out the wires and screws to glue the pieces together. And going on that recovery period, I'd bet he didn't damage his patellar tendons either. If you remember, that's the issue that sent LeCharles Bentley permanently to the sidelines.

    The issue with a kneecap fracture is the muscles in our upper leg are some of the biggest and strongest in your body- and they put a lot of stress on that fulcrum- (kneecap). Why the recovery period for something relatively minor is more than the standard 8 weeks for a broken bone.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #57

    Was Tonyea Harding or Jeff Giloolie involved?