Jason McCourty signs with Browns
-
-
He is a corner. At least we have a warm body there now
-
spottrac list him as a corner. all day listening to the radio i thought this was the guy that took out Poyer..whew, that prick was Antonio Andrews. When Jason played us back in Oct. he played 2nd CB with 4 tackles & 1 assist. Reading a article at The Tennessean they thought he would try to join his brother also. Sounds like diminishing skills is Titans concern & a 2M/yr. deal maybe his worth? As for being a devil advocate..Only comment I could find from McCourty on Andrews hit on Poyer was "It's a big Football Block in a Big Mans Sport"
-
I'm seeing reports he will play FS
-
-
Per DBN & bleacher he's a Brown.. 2 years 6M..2M guaranteed. 1 cut pending? Played in Gregg Williams system 2013. Look for Jamar Taylor to move inside to cover slot? short arms but quick feet with good speed
Per DBN & bleacher he's a Brown.. 2 years 6M..2M guaranteed. 1 cut pending? Played in Gregg Williams system 2013. Look for Jamar Taylor to move inside to cover slot? short arms but quick feet with good speed
I thought that Jamar Taylor was slated to be the Browns' slot corner, no?
The acquisition of McCourty was a good get - gives them a proven vet that still measures as one of the better options available. Knows Williams' system and can help the secondary get up to speed with the new defensive assignments. Solid tackler, and one of the best corners at limiting YAC according to PFF. The two-year deal probably gains the Browns McCourty's last two productive years for cheap. Solid signing.
-
-
Per DBN & bleacher he's a Brown.. 2 years 6M..2M guaranteed. 1 cut pending? Played in Gregg Williams system 2013. Look for Jamar Taylor to move inside to cover slot? short arms but quick feet with good speed
I thought that Jamar Taylor was slated to be the Browns' slot corner, no?
The acquisition of McCourty was a good get - gives them a proven vet that still measures as one of the better options available. Knows Williams' system and can help the secondary get up to speed with the new defensive assignments. Solid tackler, and one of the best corners at limiting YAC according to PFF. The two-year deal probably gains the Browns McCourty's last two productive years for cheap. Solid signing.
I thought that Jamar Taylor was slated to be the Browns' slot corner, no?
The two-year deal probably gains the Browns McCourty's last two productive years for cheap. Solid signing.
great signing. ourlads has Taylor at #1 RCB for now. Which at this time of year means nothing. Horton was forced to play Taylor outside with Haden down & Dramon Williams poor play. No doubt Gregg Williams got some big help today. Gregg already had a plan way before pen met paper. good enough for me.(but again, Whitner was not Whitner at 30 either.a 2 year deal seems right) Also McCourty was drafted with Kenny Britt same year to titians..
-
Why not? Veteran presence at a bargain price in the DB can only be viewed as a positive.
Mike
-
I'm seeing reports he will play FS
Makes sense... a CB that's lost a step, but has a ton of experience is a reasonable candidate... especially in our candidate mix. But he comes with an injury concern having missed 14 games over the past two seasons.
-
I like the sign. Starter though?
OK, What IS our depth chart now in the DB? Before this signing we had:
LCB: Haden, backed up by Boddy-Calhoun
RCB: Taylor, backed up by someone name Marcus Burley...who I don't think I have even heard of
SS: Ibrahim Campbell, backup Tyvus Powell
FS: Ed Reynolds, backup Trey Caldwell
WS: Peppers. (now what is a "WS""?)
Where would McCourty fit?
-
McCourt would be FS
Peppers SS in base sets and "Nickel" in 5 DB looks
-
Not ruling out McCourty being a reserve DB and Tyvis beating him out for the FS spot.
-
Taylor is the slot corner, BBC (who is underrated on here) is the outside
-
-
Taylor is the slot corner, BBC (who is underrated on here) is the outside
Taylor is the slot corner, BBC (who is underrated on here) is the outside
We have some closet BBC fans here I bet
-
Taylor is the slot corner, BBC (who is underrated on here) is the outside
We have some closet BBC fans here I bet
We have some closet BBC fans here I bet
I love the BBC roster of mystery programs. Errr, oh....you mean you are not talking about that BBC?
As for Briean Boddy Calhoun..... I am not sure that I would not just as soon have The Lady Brienne playing for us.

-
But, you know, she doesn't clean up all that badly:

-
I'm seeing reports he will play FS
Makes sense... a CB that's lost a step, but has a ton of experience is a reasonable candidate... especially in our candidate mix. But he comes with an injury concern having missed 14 games over the past two seasons.
Makes sense... a CB that's lost a step, but has a ton of experience is a reasonable candidate... especially in our candidate mix. But he comes with an injury concern having missed 14 games over the past two seasons.
While your on corners losing a step. Haden? another reason I really like the McCourty move with W.Howard going down. At FS I really want to see this BYU morman kid Kai Nacua piss on Gregg Williams campfire at Camp. LOL. but whats your opinion on a 5'9" Boddy-Calhoun staying inside at slot instead of behind Haden at CB? Now with Taylor & McCourty both on board. Or moving Calhoun to FS with T. Powell?..
-
Taylor is the slot corner, BBC (who is underrated on here) is the outside
Taylor is the slot corner, BBC (who is underrated on here) is the outside
BBC is my second cousin, just talked to him a few months ago. I really hope he stays on this team.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login