Skip to content

Jason McCourty signs with Browns

The Browns Board
43 21 1.9k
  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Not ruling out McCourty being a reserve DB and Tyvis beating him out for the FS spot.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Taylor is the slot corner, BBC (who is underrated on here) is the outside

  • Not ruling out McCourty being a reserve DB and Tyvis beating him out for the FS spot.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @tiamat63 said:

    Not ruling out McCourty being a reserve DB and Tyvis beating him out for the FS spot.

    Me neither... just another option on the roster.

  • Taylor is the slot corner, BBC (who is underrated on here) is the outside

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody
    #24

    @londonbrown said:

    Taylor is the slot corner, BBC (who is underrated on here) is the outside

    We have some closet BBC fans here I bet

  • @londonbrown said:

    Taylor is the slot corner, BBC (who is underrated on here) is the outside

    We have some closet BBC fans here I bet

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @mld-woody said:

    We have some closet BBC fans here I bet

    I love the BBC roster of mystery programs. Errr, oh....you mean you are not talking about that BBC?

    As for Briean Boddy Calhoun..... I am not sure that I would not just as soon have The Lady Brienne playing for us.

    Brienne.jpg

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #26

    But, you know, she doesn't clean up all that badly:

    99e9bed19fdaac422dae59b1a28d35ba.jpg

  • @topdawg31 said:

    I'm seeing reports he will play FS

    Makes sense... a CB that's lost a step, but has a ton of experience is a reasonable candidate... especially in our candidate mix. But he comes with an injury concern having missed 14 games over the past two seasons.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #27

    @tour2ma said:

    Makes sense... a CB that's lost a step, but has a ton of experience is a reasonable candidate... especially in our candidate mix. But he comes with an injury concern having missed 14 games over the past two seasons.

    While your on corners losing a step. Haden? another reason I really like the McCourty move with W.Howard going down. At FS I really want to see this BYU morman kid Kai Nacua piss on Gregg Williams campfire at Camp. LOL. but whats your opinion on a 5'9" Boddy-Calhoun staying inside at slot instead of behind Haden at CB? Now with Taylor & McCourty both on board. Or moving Calhoun to FS with T. Powell?..

  • Taylor is the slot corner, BBC (who is underrated on here) is the outside

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @londonbrown said:

    Taylor is the slot corner, BBC (who is underrated on here) is the outside

    BBC is my second cousin, just talked to him a few months ago. I really hope he stays on this team.

  • But, you know, she doesn't clean up all that badly:

    99e9bed19fdaac422dae59b1a28d35ba.jpg

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @the-gipper said:

    But, you know, she doesn't clean up all that badly:

    99e9bed19fdaac422dae59b1a28d35ba.jpg

    On her left foot...wtf did she git bit by a skeeter or what?
  • @tour2ma said:

    Makes sense... a CB that's lost a step, but has a ton of experience is a reasonable candidate... especially in our candidate mix. But he comes with an injury concern having missed 14 games over the past two seasons.

    While your on corners losing a step. Haden? another reason I really like the McCourty move with W.Howard going down. At FS I really want to see this BYU morman kid Kai Nacua piss on Gregg Williams campfire at Camp. LOL. but whats your opinion on a 5'9" Boddy-Calhoun staying inside at slot instead of behind Haden at CB? Now with Taylor & McCourty both on board. Or moving Calhoun to FS with T. Powell?..

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #30

    @gumby73 said:

    While your on corners losing a step. Haden? another reason I really like the McCourty move with W.Howard going down. At FS I really want to see this BYU morman kid Kai Nacua piss on Gregg Williams campfire at Camp. LOL. but whats your opinion on a 5'9" Boddy-Calhoun staying inside at slot instead of behind Haden at CB? Now with Taylor & McCourty both on board. Or moving Calhoun to FS with T. Powell?..

    Again all the below is with the proviso that I have the hardest time evaluating DBs...

    Joe's been playing nicked for so long that it's hard to tell what he has left... what he's lost. You can see flashes of his old self at times, but his baseline performance has fallen. It's critical that he plays with an elevated baseline this year... and flashes upwards from that level.

    BBC? Dunno... has shown more than a little versatility, but proficiency? The former should be enough to earn him a spot on a Williams' defense which in turn may give him a platform to show the latter. FS? At 5'9 with an arm-length proportional to his height, he's not my idea of a FS, but he does have some "hops". Also lacking, however... experience at the position.

  • Taylor is the slot corner, BBC (who is underrated on here) is the outside

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @londonbrown said:

    Taylor is the slot corner, BBC (who is underrated on here) is the outside

    Nope.....thats backwards.....Taylor plays outside, opposite Haden.....and Boddy Calhoun plays the 3rd(slot) position.....

    Now....with McCourty....maybe they start him ouside and move Taylor to slot, but only time will tell there(assuming everyone stays healthy #haden....

    That big contract they gave Taylor indicates(to me) that they plan to start him(outside).....but Im not so sure he's as good as the Browns wish he was.....hence McCourty....

  • But, you know, she doesn't clean up all that badly:

    99e9bed19fdaac422dae59b1a28d35ba.jpg

    SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @the-gipper said:

    But, you know, she doesn't clean up all that badly:

    99e9bed19fdaac422dae59b1a28d35ba.jpg

    Those are some looooong legs... me likee.

  • But, you know, she doesn't clean up all that badly:

    99e9bed19fdaac422dae59b1a28d35ba.jpg

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @the-gipper said:

    But, you know, she doesn't clean up all that badly:

    99e9bed19fdaac422dae59b1a28d35ba.jpg

    She's like 6'4 and looks like a man. Fuck that.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Taylor is the slot corner, BBC (who is underrated on here) is the outside

    Nope.....thats backwards.....Taylor plays outside, opposite Haden.....and Boddy Calhoun plays the 3rd(slot) position.....

    Now....with McCourty....maybe they start him ouside and move Taylor to slot, but only time will tell there(assuming everyone stays healthy #haden....

    That big contract they gave Taylor indicates(to me) that they plan to start him(outside).....but Im not so sure he's as good as the Browns wish he was.....hence McCourty....

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @mudfly said:

    Nope.....thats backwards.....Taylor plays outside, opposite Haden.....and Boddy Calhoun plays the 3rd(slot) position.....

    Well that wasn't the case from October onwards last year?

  • @the-gipper said:

    But, you know, she doesn't clean up all that badly:

    99e9bed19fdaac422dae59b1a28d35ba.jpg

    She's like 6'4 and looks like a man. Fuck that.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #35

    @stillmotion said:

    She's like 6'4 and looks like a man. Fuck that.

    Are you being literal? Or pejorative?

    Here she is...from bit of a different angle:

    Things-got-steamy-naked-well-way-wed-all

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #36

  • @londonbrown said:

    Taylor is the slot corner, BBC (who is underrated on here) is the outside

    We have some closet BBC fans here I bet

    BrownsnMoparB BrownsnMopar wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @mld-woody said:

    We have some closet BBC fans here I bet

    I like BBC !!! Boy has some skillz

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #38

    I'm guessing there are a few folks in the Forum that are unaware of a certain acronym's "translation"...

  • @mld-woody said:

    We have some closet BBC fans here I bet

    I like BBC !!! Boy has some skillz

    5150k95 5150k9 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @brownsnmopar said:

    I like BBC !!! Boy has some skillz

    I just spit my coffee all over the table while reading this. Thank you for the morning laugh even tho I am sure your intentions were innocent.

  • @mudfly said:

    Nope.....thats backwards.....Taylor plays outside, opposite Haden.....and Boddy Calhoun plays the 3rd(slot) position.....

    Well that wasn't the case from October onwards last year?

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #40

    @londonbrown said:

    Well that wasn't the case from October onwards last year?

    So, to be clear, you are saying that Boddy Calhoun took Taylors job last year and was our starting outside CB for the last 6 weeks???...(Taylor, being the guy who we traded for and now just gave a 3 yrs/ 5m per yr extension?)....

    Never saw any of this.....

    Why is Taylor still listed as #1 RCB on every depth chart on the planet?.....and who was that guy I watched play nickle week in and week out with a Boddy Calhoun shirt on?..... why did no one notice or speak up when Taylor got benched, then given a nice extension as a reward for losing his job?......(honestly, very confused here)....