Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Barber Shop Talk
  3. I've Been Everywhere Man

I've Been Everywhere Man

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Barber Shop Talk
5 Posts 3 Posters 534 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
    • 57k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #1

    Here are the lyrics to the song. While I have not been everywhere, I have been to a lot of wheres: Those in bold I have been to, the others, no:

    I was totin' my pack along the dusty Winnemucca road,
    When along came a semi with a high an' canvas-covered load.
    "If you're goin' to Winnemucca, Mack, with me you can ride."
    And so I climbed into the cab and then I settled down inside.
    He asked me if I'd seen a road with so much dust and sand.
    And I said, "Listen, I've traveled every road in this here land!"

    [Chorus:]
    I've been everywhere, man.
    I've been everywhere, man.
    Crossed the desert's bare, man.
    I've breathed the mountain air, man.
    Of travel I've had my share, man.
    I've been everywhere.

    I've been to:
    Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota,
    Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota,
    Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma,

    Tampa, Panama (City), Mattawa, La Paloma,
    Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo,
    Tocapillo, Baranquilla, and Perdilla, I'm a killer.

    [Chorus]

    I've been to:
    Boston, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana,
    Washington, Houston, Kingston, Texarkana,
    Monterey, Faraday, Santa Fe, Tallapoosa,
    Glen Rock, Black Rock, Little Rock, Oskaloosa,
    Tennessee to Tennesse Chicopee, Spirit Lake,
    Grand Lake, Devils Lake, Crater Lake, for Pete's sake.

    [Chorus]

    I've been to:
    Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Ombabika,
    Schefferville, Jacksonville, Waterville, Costa Rica,
    Pittsfield, Springfield, Bakersfield, Shreveport,
    Hackensack, Cadillac, Fond du Lac, Davenport,
    Idaho, Jellico, Argentina, Diamantina,
    Pasadena, Catalina, see what I mean-a.

    [Chorus]

    I've been to:
    Pittsburgh, Parkersburg, Gravelbourg, Colorado,
    Ellensburg, Rexburg, Vicksburg, Eldorado,
    Larimore, Atmore, Haverstraw, Chatanika,
    Chaska, Nebraska, Alaska, Opelika,
    Baraboo, Waterloo, Kalamazoo, Kansas City,
    Sioux City, Cedar City, Dodge City, what a pity

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
      • 18k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
      #2

      So what advertisements use that song?

      Amazing at times how old standards become Madison Avenue fair game, even the Beatles and Rolling Stones.....is nothing sacred? 😕

      (Even Rhapsody in Blue?)

      GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
      The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • mjp28M mjp28

        So what advertisements use that song?

        Amazing at times how old standards become Madison Avenue fair game, even the Beatles and Rolling Stones.....is nothing sacred? 😕

        (Even Rhapsody in Blue?)

        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
        • 57k Posts
        • 4k Reputation
        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @mjp28 said:

        So what advertisements use that song?

        Amazing at times how old standards become Madison Avenue fair game, even the Beatles and Rolling Stones.....is nothing sacred? 😕

        (Even Rhapsody in Blue?)

        Hotel Chain, though I think they changed the words

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 7k Posts
          • 3k Reputation
          sydS syd wrote on last edited by
          #4

          hey crater lake man,I was there last summer

          The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • sydS syd

            hey crater lake man,I was there last summer

            The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
            • 57k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @syd said:

            hey crater lake man,I was there last summer

            Super. One of my favorite places.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply

            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

            Register Login
            Reply
            • Reply as topic
            Log in to reply
            • Oldest to Newest
            • Newest to Oldest
            • Most Votes


            Theme
            • System
            • Light
            • Dark
            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

            • First post
              Last post
            0
            • Forums
            • Recent
            • Popular
            • Users
            • Donate