Skip to content

Brantley's Assault Charge Dismissed

The Browns Board
96 27 2.7k
  • @suomi said:

    This draft has the potential to be one of the first in franchise history.

    Coach 'em up, Gregg!

    Good research FO. get a 2nd round talent in the 6th round. As I opined earlier, it was some chick trying to extort a payday out of a guy headed to the NFL. Now just behave Caleb. 🙂

    @hoorta said:

    Good research FO. get a 2nd round talent in the 6th round. As I opined earlier, it was some chick trying to extort a payday out of a guy headed to the NFL. Now just behave Caleb. 🙂

    Soooooo why is this any different than what happened with Roethlisberger?

  • 1. Was not in a "bathroom".

    I'll let someone else continue...

  • 1. Was not in a "bathroom".

    I'll let someone else continue...

    @tour2ma said:

    1. Was not in a "bathroom".

    I'll let someone else continue...

    I don't want to hijack this thread BUT Ben was never even charged. Yet he's vilified for it. I was happy you drafted this dunce to be honest, same with the bengals and mixon because then neither team would have a leg to stand on when people want to talk stupid.

  • @tour2ma said:

    1. Was not in a "bathroom".

    I'll let someone else continue...

    I don't want to hijack this thread BUT Ben was never even charged. Yet he's vilified for it. I was happy you drafted this dunce to be honest, same with the bengals and mixon because then neither team would have a leg to stand on when people want to talk stupid.

    @vagitron said:

    I don't want to hijack this thread BUT Ben was never even charged. Yet he's vilified for it. I was happy you drafted this dunce to be honest, same with the bengals and mixon because then neither team would have a leg to stand on when people want to talk stupid.

    Yeah they could no longer bring up that rapist who was getting pictures taken with the cops who were supposed to investigate the rape.

  • @tour2ma said:

    1. Was not in a "bathroom".

    I'll let someone else continue...

    I don't want to hijack this thread BUT Ben was never even charged. Yet he's vilified for it. I was happy you drafted this dunce to be honest, same with the bengals and mixon because then neither team would have a leg to stand on when people want to talk stupid.

    @vagitron said:

    I don't want to hijack this thread BUT Ben was never even charged. Yet he's vilified for it. I was happy you drafted this dunce to be honest, same with the bengals and mixon because then neither team would have a leg to stand on when people want to talk stupid.

    The difference is that the facts in this case were pretty clear...with witnesses attesting to them. In BR's case, not so much.

    BR was accused....but the prosecution could not make a case because those were a he said she said situation.

    Here...it was He and he and he and her and another he said against a She said.

  • @hoorta said:

    Good research FO. get a 2nd round talent in the 6th round. As I opined earlier, it was some chick trying to extort a payday out of a guy headed to the NFL. Now just behave Caleb. 🙂

    Soooooo why is this any different than what happened with Roethlisberger?

    @vagitron said:

    Soooooo why is this any different than what happened with Roethlisberger?

    The difference is- Brantley didn't try to take a drunk chick into a bathroom, and as Gip said- there were plenty of witnesses (including a neutral one) who said the chick's story was BS.

    @vagitron said:

    I don't want to hijack this thread BUT Ben was never even charged. Yet he's vilified for it. I was happy you drafted this dunce to be honest, same with the bengals and mixon because then neither team would have a leg to stand on when people want to talk stupid.

    I've really never had much to say about Ben's "incident". But to paint Brantley with the same brush as Mixon is nuts. Not enough evidence to charge the guy- as opposed to Mixon, who was on video decking the chick, charged with assault- and that's not the only violent incident attributed to Joe either.

  • @vagitron said:

    Soooooo why is this any different than what happened with Roethlisberger?

    The difference is- Brantley didn't try to take a drunk chick into a bathroom, and as Gip said- there were plenty of witnesses (including a neutral one) who said the chick's story was BS.

    @vagitron said:

    I don't want to hijack this thread BUT Ben was never even charged. Yet he's vilified for it. I was happy you drafted this dunce to be honest, same with the bengals and mixon because then neither team would have a leg to stand on when people want to talk stupid.

    I've really never had much to say about Ben's "incident". But to paint Brantley with the same brush as Mixon is nuts. Not enough evidence to charge the guy- as opposed to Mixon, who was on video decking the chick, charged with assault- and that's not the only violent incident attributed to Joe either.

    @hoorta said:

    The difference is- Brantley didn't try to take a drunk chick into a bathroom, and as Gip said- there were plenty of witnesses (including a neutral one) who said the chick's story was BS.

    I've really never had much to say about Ben's "incident". But to paint Brantley with the same brush as Mixon is nuts. Not enough evidence to charge the guy- as opposed to Mixon, who was on video decking the chick, charged with assault- and that's not the only violent incident attributed to Joe either.

    I'm only comparing Mixon and Brantley because of their charges. I agree Mixon and Brantley are completely different animals. Mixon is a walking/talking poster child for unhinged domestic violence. I can't believe he got drafted at all, let alone in the 2nd damn round.

  • @hoorta said:

    The difference is- Brantley didn't try to take a drunk chick into a bathroom, and as Gip said- there were plenty of witnesses (including a neutral one) who said the chick's story was BS.

    I've really never had much to say about Ben's "incident". But to paint Brantley with the same brush as Mixon is nuts. Not enough evidence to charge the guy- as opposed to Mixon, who was on video decking the chick, charged with assault- and that's not the only violent incident attributed to Joe either.

    I'm only comparing Mixon and Brantley because of their charges. I agree Mixon and Brantley are completely different animals. Mixon is a walking/talking poster child for unhinged domestic violence. I can't believe he got drafted at all, let alone in the 2nd damn round.

    @vagitron said:

    I'm only comparing Mixon and Brantley because of their charges. I agree Mixon and Brantley are completely different animals. Mixon is a walking/talking poster child for unhinged domestic violence. I can't believe he got drafted at all, let alone in the 2nd damn round.

    Brantley was not charged.

  • @tour2ma said:

    1. Was not in a "bathroom".

    I'll let someone else continue...

    I don't want to hijack this thread BUT Ben was never even charged. Yet he's vilified for it. I was happy you drafted this dunce to be honest, same with the bengals and mixon because then neither team would have a leg to stand on when people want to talk stupid.

    @vagitron said:

    I don't want to hijack this thread BUT Ben was never even charged. Yet he's vilified for it. I was happy you drafted this dunce to be honest, same with the bengals and mixon because then neither team would have a leg to stand on when people want to talk stupid.

    OK... Difference #2... only one case involved a financial settlement... mid six figures IIRC...

    What say ye to that, whippersnapper?

  • @vagitron said:

    I don't want to hijack this thread BUT Ben was never even charged. Yet he's vilified for it. I was happy you drafted this dunce to be honest, same with the bengals and mixon because then neither team would have a leg to stand on when people want to talk stupid.

    OK... Difference #2... only one case involved a financial settlement... mid six figures IIRC...

    What say ye to that, whippersnapper?

    @tour2ma said:

    OK... Difference #2... only one case involved a financial settlement... mid six figures IIRC...

    What say ye to that, whippersnapper?

    That's another difference Tour. Both women were looking to get paid. Ben paid up. Brantley told his accuser to go pound salt. Prosecutor said insufficient evidence, conflicting stories- no charges.

  • ... vs. charges dropped after the check cleared...

    In other words... yeah.... no differences. 😉

  • @vagitron said:

    I don't want to hijack this thread BUT Ben was never even charged. Yet he's vilified for it. I was happy you drafted this dunce to be honest, same with the bengals and mixon because then neither team would have a leg to stand on when people want to talk stupid.

    OK... Difference #2... only one case involved a financial settlement... mid six figures IIRC...

    What say ye to that, whippersnapper?

    @tour2ma said:

    OK... Difference #2... only one case involved a financial settlement... mid six figures IIRC...

    What say ye to that, whippersnapper?

    Ben was also a multi-millionaire and likely just wanted it to go away. He settled with the Vegas bimbo not the first. I also know from first hand experience that Ben used to be a skeezball. He's not now and that's all that matters. He was never a rapist.

    Other differences - two super bowl titles 😉

    Tour you gonna tell me to get off your lawn now? Gipper put up an electric fence. He was tired of me shitting on his.

  • lol... no... just bag it when you think you're done... or I will call the cops.

    Good to know that "sleezeball" and Rapist" are mutually exclusive tho...

  • lol... no... just bag it when you think you're done... or I will call the cops.

    Good to know that "sleezeball" and Rapist" are mutually exclusive tho...

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... no... just bag it when you think you're done... or I will call the cops.

    Good to know that "sleezeball" and Rapist" are mutually exclusive tho...

    I wouldn't shit on your lawn tour. He had women throwing themselves at him daily and he obliged. It was actually a pretty ridiculous spectacle.

  • lol... no... just bag it when you think you're done... or I will call the cops.

    Good to know that "sleezeball" and Rapist" are mutually exclusive tho...

    @tour2ma said:

    Good to know that "sleezeball" and Rapist" are mutually exclusive tho...

    LMAO

    @vagitron said:

    It was actually a pretty ridiculous spectacle.

    So was your broke down TE L.Green..told you so..carry on

  • @tour2ma said:

    OK... Difference #2... only one case involved a financial settlement... mid six figures IIRC...

    What say ye to that, whippersnapper?

    Ben was also a multi-millionaire and likely just wanted it to go away. He settled with the Vegas bimbo not the first. I also know from first hand experience that Ben used to be a skeezball. He's not now and that's all that matters. He was never a rapist.

    Other differences - two super bowl titles 😉

    Tour you gonna tell me to get off your lawn now? Gipper put up an electric fence. He was tired of me shitting on his.

    @vagitron said:

    Ben was also a multi-millionaire and likely just wanted it to go away. He settled with the Vegas bimbo not the first. I also know from first hand experience that Ben used to be a skeezball. He's not now and that's all that matters. He was never a rapist.

    Other differences - two super bowl titles 😉

    Tour you gonna tell me to get off your lawn now? Gipper put up an electric fence. He was tired of me shitting on his.

    All we need to ask about BR at this point is how soon after Garrett shreds him will he be announcing his retirement.

  • @vagitron said:

    Ben was also a multi-millionaire and likely just wanted it to go away. He settled with the Vegas bimbo not the first. I also know from first hand experience that Ben used to be a skeezball. He's not now and that's all that matters. He was never a rapist.

    Other differences - two super bowl titles 😉

    Tour you gonna tell me to get off your lawn now? Gipper put up an electric fence. He was tired of me shitting on his.

    All we need to ask about BR at this point is how soon after Garrett shreds him will he be announcing his retirement.

    @the-gipper said:

    All we need to ask about BR at this point is how soon after Garrett shreds him will he be announcing his retirement.

    How did JJ Watt do against Gilbert? Not so hot.

  • @the-gipper said:

    All we need to ask about BR at this point is how soon after Garrett shreds him will he be announcing his retirement.

    How did JJ Watt do against Gilbert? Not so hot.

    @vagitron said:

    How did JJ Watt do against Gilbert? Not so hot.

    JJ Watt was out injured all year...and didn't play in the game between Houston and Pissburgh. Doh!

  • @vagitron said:

    How did JJ Watt do against Gilbert? Not so hot.

    JJ Watt was out injured all year...and didn't play in the game between Houston and Pissburgh. Doh!

    @the-gipper said:

    JJ Watt was out injured all year...and didn't play in the game between Houston and Pissburgh. Doh!

    My mistake, i got my elite front seven players mixed up. I meant Von Miller. Marcus Gilbert is a top 5 RT. I believe Garrett will be good but the Steelers o-line has become one of the best in the league. Garrett isn't going to have a field day.

  • @the-gipper said:

    JJ Watt was out injured all year...and didn't play in the game between Houston and Pissburgh. Doh!

    My mistake, i got my elite front seven players mixed up. I meant Von Miller. Marcus Gilbert is a top 5 RT. I believe Garrett will be good but the Steelers o-line has become one of the best in the league. Garrett isn't going to have a field day.

    @vagitron said:

    My mistake, i got my elite front seven players mixed up. I meant Von Miller. Marcus Gilbert is a top 5 RT. I believe Garrett will be good but the Steelers o-line has become one of the best in the league. Garrett isn't going to have a field day.

    I don't know if I would put Gilbert in the top 5. I think he may be somewhere around the middle of the pack. That does not mean that he did not perform admirably....and under Munchak the Steeler OL has become quality...though I am not sure about elite.

    Besides that, Garrett may not be lining up on that side. As I understand it he will mostly be coming off the edge over on the Left side (as seen from the offensive point of view) i.e. over the left tackle area. He is being "schooled" now by Joe Thomas..who, of course, is elite. If Garrett can learn from JT and do well against him, he can do well against anyone.

    Of course, we don't know how that is going. From reports, fairly well.

    Maybe someone else has more information.