Skip to content

Brantley's Assault Charge Dismissed

The Browns Board
96 27 2.7k
  • But, per this, the Browns OL last year supposedly did better than they were predicted to performing at 16 rather than the predicted 21.:

    16. Cleveland Browns (21)

    Top overall grade: LT Joe Thomas, 89.1 (No. 4)

    Top pass-blocking grade: LT Joe Thomas, 89.9 (No. 5)

    Top run-blocking grade: LT Joe Thomas (No. 18), RG John Greco, 80.8 (No. 19)

    No offensive line had to deal with as much in terms of the QBs they were blocking for than the Browns, who had rolled through six different passers in seven weeks to begin the season—none of whom demonstrated the kind of playing style that actually makes things easier on his linemen. Despite that, Joe Thomas had another excellent season at LT, and the guard pairing of Joel Bitonio and John Greco also played well. The issue on this line was Cameron Erving, the former first-round pick, playing center in his second season, having struggled massively at guard and tackle as a rookie. He was little, if any, better in the middle, surrendering 30 total QB pressures and being routinely abused as a run blocker. It’s difficult to see much of a future for Erving at this point, and his position is one in need of upgrade.

  • @the-gipper said:

    JJ Watt was out injured all year...and didn't play in the game between Houston and Pissburgh. Doh!

    My mistake, i got my elite front seven players mixed up. I meant Von Miller. Marcus Gilbert is a top 5 RT. I believe Garrett will be good but the Steelers o-line has become one of the best in the league. Garrett isn't going to have a field day.

    @vagitron said:

    My mistake, i got my elite front seven players mixed up. I meant Von Miller. Marcus Gilbert is a top 5 RT. I believe Garrett will be good but the Steelers o-line has become one of the best in the league. Garrett isn't going to have a field day.

    Von's primary slot is on the LT's side... and Garrett's will be over your LT as well... so there's that...

  • @vagitron said:

    My mistake, i got my elite front seven players mixed up. I meant Von Miller. Marcus Gilbert is a top 5 RT. I believe Garrett will be good but the Steelers o-line has become one of the best in the league. Garrett isn't going to have a field day.

    Von's primary slot is on the LT's side... and Garrett's will be over your LT as well... so there's that...

    @tour2ma said:

    Von's primary slot is on the LT's side... and Garrett's will be over your LT as well... so there's that...

    Good thing Villanueva is an animal I guess.

  • Let's see if he can repeat...he was good last year, but a great LT is consistent

    Will admit...feather in Colbert's cap for replacing beachum with a nobody​ that performed

  • @tour2ma said:

    Von's primary slot is on the LT's side... and Garrett's will be over your LT as well... so there's that...

    Good thing Villanueva is an animal I guess.

    @vagitron said:

    Good thing Villanueva is an animal I guess.

    I smell a wager brewing...

  • @vagitron said:

    My mistake, i got my elite front seven players mixed up. I meant Von Miller. Marcus Gilbert is a top 5 RT. I believe Garrett will be good but the Steelers o-line has become one of the best in the league. Garrett isn't going to have a field day.

    Von's primary slot is on the LT's side... and Garrett's will be over your LT as well... so there's that...

    @tour2ma said:

    Von's primary slot is on the LT's side... and Garrett's will be over your LT as well... so there's that...

    Von's primary slot is on the RT side, not LT. Demarcus Ware was on LT side until he retired.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Von's primary slot is on the LT's side... and Garrett's will be over your LT as well... so there's that...

    Von's primary slot is on the RT side, not LT. Demarcus Ware was on LT side until he retired.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Von's primary slot is on the RT side, not LT. Demarcus Ware was on LT side until he retired.

    ... and when did Ware retire? 😉

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Von's primary slot is on the RT side, not LT. Demarcus Ware was on LT side until he retired.

    ... and when did Ware retire? 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    ... and when did Ware retire? 😉

    After Von last played.

  • Damn!

    OK... time to stop diggin'... 🥷

  • Damn!

    OK... time to stop diggin'... 🥷

    @tour2ma said:

    Damn!

    OK... time to stop diggin'... 🥷

    Yep only fools gold down that mine shaft. 😁