Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
  3. Suicide

Suicide

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
10 Posts 7 Posters 656 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #1
    http://www.eonline.com/news/854074/chris-cornell-s-cause-of-death-hanging-by-suicide
    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 10k Posts
      • 8k Reputation
      AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe
      #2

      I dunno man.. I just don't know anymore 🙁

      Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
        • 57k Posts
        • 4k Reputation
        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Soundgarden was a grunge band from Seattle no? I never really got into the grunge thing. Did this group have any recognizable hit tunes? Sorry, I just don't know.

        Also....is this like a thing for singers of Grunge bands from Seattle...to off themselves? I mean, what is it, the constant rain up there or what.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
          • 39k Posts
          • 9k Reputation
          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Actually the kid had a spectacular voice and their big hit was black-hole Sun.

          The Seattle grunge thing was never my favorite but Soundgarden was one of the popular ones.

          WSS

          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Canton Dawg Canton DawgC Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
            • 12k Posts
            • 7k Reputation
            Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Grunge is perhaps my favorite genre of Rock, and its sad to see so many of these front men die too young.

            Kurt Cobain

            Layne Staley

            Scott Weiland

            Chris Cornell

            I hope guys like Eddie Vedder and Billy Corgan live long prosperous lives.

            Two things that will define you: Your determination when you have nothing. Your attitude when you have everything. - Mike McCartney
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
              • 39k Posts
              • 9k Reputation
              W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Not to make light of the serious nature of any of the grunge performers but I would imagine that Eddie Vedder is mostly playing a character rather than an actual tortured junkie like Kurt Cobain. Or Jim Morrison for that matter.

              WSS

              www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
              B Browns149B 2 Replies Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 10k Posts
                • 8k Reputation
                AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
                #7

                While Grunge was not my fav genre this cat had a special voice..

                Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                  • 18k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  And this beautiful theme song....

                  Through early morning fog I see

                  visions of the things to be

                  the pains that are withheld for me

                  I realize and I can see...

                  [REFRAIN]:

                  that suicide is painless

                  it brings on many changes

                  and I can take or leave it if I please.

                  I try to find a way to make

                  all our little joys relate

                  without that ever-present hate

                  but now I know that it's too late, and...

                  [REFRAIN]

                  The game of life is hard to play

                  I'm gonna lose it anyway

                  The losing card I'll someday lay

                  so this is all I have to say.

                  [REFRAIN]

                  The only way to win is cheat

                  And lay it down before I'm beat

                  and to another give my seat

                  for that's the only painless feat.

                  [REFRAIN]

                  The sword of time will pierce our skins

                  It doesn't hurt when it begins

                  But as it works its way on in

                  The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...

                  [REFRAIN]

                  A brave man once requested me

                  to answer questions that are key

                  is it to be or not to be

                  and I replied 'oh why ask me?'

                  [REFRAIN]

                  'Cause suicide is painless

                  it brings on many changes

                  and I can take or leave it if I please.

                  GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • W Westside Steve

                    Not to make light of the serious nature of any of the grunge performers but I would imagine that Eddie Vedder is mostly playing a character rather than an actual tortured junkie like Kurt Cobain. Or Jim Morrison for that matter.

                    WSS

                    BaconHound B One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 5k Posts
                    • 306 Reputation
                    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @westside-steve said:

                    Not to make light of the serious nature of any of the grunge performers but I would imagine that Eddie Vedder is mostly playing a character rather than an actual tortured junkie like Kurt Cobain. Or Jim Morrison for that matter.

                    WSS

                    Yeah you are imagining it. Vedder's not playing any character and has never played the junkie role.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • W Westside Steve

                      Not to make light of the serious nature of any of the grunge performers but I would imagine that Eddie Vedder is mostly playing a character rather than an actual tortured junkie like Kurt Cobain. Or Jim Morrison for that matter.

                      WSS

                      Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 10k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149
                      #10

                      @westside-steve said:

                      Not to make light of the serious nature of any of the grunge performers but I would imagine that Eddie Vedder is mostly playing a character rather than an actual tortured junkie like Kurt Cobain. Or Jim Morrison for that matter.

                      WSS

                      I never thought Vedder was playing a character. Just because most of his fellow lead singers of grunge have died young, doesn't mean he is like them.

                      You could look at Lane Stanley, or Kurt Cobain, and tell they had problems. Vedder never had that look. IMO

                      "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      👍
                      Quote Reply

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      Theme
                      • System
                      • Light
                      • Dark
                      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Forums
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Donate