The Core Group Has Increased
-
I really think this defense will suprise us this year without Horton and what Williams brings.
-
And yes I am watching the cavs
-
I wouldn't put Haden in there. He wasn't that good to start with and he has only got worse. He might be the most overpaid player in the league. And after this year he will be gone
-
-
every good core needs a gnarly,pesky 6'4" 251lb. Central Floridian drafted by Dallas in 2012, than cut twice. Spent 3 stents with SB champs Pats,cut 3 times(never a ring?). Cut Once with Browns, KC & with Jags..And now the highest paid Long Snapper in the business on a new 4 yr.contract. I nominate Charley"don't stop me now" Hughlett..
-
Tom... I think you know that I'm not here to piss in any ones wheaties... I can say I like some of the pieces that were added... I really like the Njoku pickup.. but I don't believe it justified making Barnidge expendable , just yet. My biggest disappointment with this team is its continued failure to get the QB and letting guys like Pryor and whomever walk...
-
Folks,
There is now a bigger nucleus in place on both sides of the ball and on STs that we can get excited about. While growing pains from varying experience levels will be inevitable - our days of playing gridiron chess and attacking people exclusively with pawns are heading into the rear view mirror.
When we're looking for how Des Bryant and John Greco are going to get reps - we're a far cry from the bare cupboards previously haunting us. I'm starting to see why guys like Garrett, Peppers, Ogunjobi and others have responded to the question of "what can our opponents expect to see from you?" with "Come get some!" As refreshing as that sounds, Gregg Williams will be here to remind his guys that's too late/passive for sic em, sock em and sack em in his version of Darwin's Survival of the Fittest. When the average play doesn't last much longer than 3.5 seconds, getting there first has a very big say in who wins that play... That's also why experience helps guys play faster as we've noticed throughout Kirksey's progress and others.
It was even tough to decide where to cut off the core - but here's my version of our essential ingredients:
Jamie Collins
Christian Kirksey
Joe Haden (w/ his first legit pass rush?)
Jalapeno Peppers
Danny Shelton
Myles Garrett
Isaiah Crowell
Joe Thomas
Joel Bitonio
Kevin Zeitler
David Njoku
Zane Gonzalez
Britton Colquitt
-
Tom... I think you know that I'm not here to piss in any ones wheaties... I can say I like some of the pieces that were added... I really like the Njoku pickup.. but I don't believe it justified making Barnidge expendable , just yet. My biggest disappointment with this team is its continued failure to get the QB and letting guys like Pryor and whomever walk...
I really like the Njoku pickup.. but I don't believe it justified making Barnidge expendable , just yet. My biggest disappointment with this team is its continued failure to get the QB..
This FO understands were not SB Bowl build yet. So give the aging vet a run with a winner a move on with your own new pieces. The TE position seems similar to Old School Browns? That's Njoku taking the O. Newsome role while Devalve a young Dave Logan? Odd comparison for now but Njoku & Dave Logan were both 6'4". Njoku 246. Logan 219lbs. Bigger,stronger,faster advantage Njoku..Now can Kessler or anybody start tossing it up like Sipe? No signs yet, but a target/with speed like Njoku should be a piece that makes a QB numbers better getting the ball downfield plus YAC..Tick Tock..
-
I really like the Njoku pickup.. but I don't believe it justified making Barnidge expendable , just yet. My biggest disappointment with this team is its continued failure to get the QB..
This FO understands were not SB Bowl build yet. So give the aging vet a run with a winner a move on with your own new pieces. The TE position seems similar to Old School Browns? That's Njoku taking the O. Newsome role while Devalve a young Dave Logan? Odd comparison for now but Njoku & Dave Logan were both 6'4". Njoku 246. Logan 219lbs. Bigger,stronger,faster advantage Njoku..Now can Kessler or anybody start tossing it up like Sipe? No signs yet, but a target/with speed like Njoku should be a piece that makes a QB numbers better getting the ball downfield plus YAC..Tick Tock..
This FO understands were not SB Bowl build yet. So give the aging vet a run with a winner a move on with your own new pieces. The TE position seems similar to Old School Browns? That's Njoku taking the O. Newsome role while Devalve a young Dave Logan? Odd comparison for now but Njoku & Dave Logan were both 6'4". Njoku 246. Logan 219lbs. Bigger,stronger,faster advantage Njoku..Now can Kessler or anybody start tossing it up like Sipe? No signs yet, but a target/with speed like Njoku should be a piece that makes a QB numbers better getting the ball downfield plus YAC..Tick Tock..
Actually.. Looking at Njoku.. I see more WR then I do TE.. I think that will be DeValves main role.. I think Njoku will transition to be a stud WR.. He looks to small to be a real TE in the NFL
-
Tom... I think you know that I'm not here to piss in any ones wheaties... I can say I like some of the pieces that were added... I really like the Njoku pickup.. but I don't believe it justified making Barnidge expendable , just yet. My biggest disappointment with this team is its continued failure to get the QB and letting guys like Pryor and whomever walk...
Tom... I think you know that I'm not here to piss in any ones wheaties... I can say I like some of the pieces that were added... I really like the Njoku pickup.. but I don't believe it justified making Barnidge expendable , just yet. My biggest disappointment with this team is its continued failure to get the QB and letting guys like Pryor and whomever walk...
I'm happy that Pryor left. His ego was too much to fit in with the building of a TEAM.
The loudmouth was seen fussing at Hue on the sidelines, fussing at other teammates...
He just wanted the money. Sure, he was willing to lay in on the line, but wasn't worth the trouble.
He still was not a polished wr, so he wanted to go. Good riddance.
-
Folks,
There is now a bigger nucleus in place on both sides of the ball and on STs that we can get excited about. While growing pains from varying experience levels will be inevitable - our days of playing gridiron chess and attacking people exclusively with pawns are heading into the rear view mirror.
When we're looking for how Des Bryant and John Greco are going to get reps - we're a far cry from the bare cupboards previously haunting us. I'm starting to see why guys like Garrett, Peppers, Ogunjobi and others have responded to the question of "what can our opponents expect to see from you?" with "Come get some!" As refreshing as that sounds, Gregg Williams will be here to remind his guys that's too late/passive for sic em, sock em and sack em in his version of Darwin's Survival of the Fittest. When the average play doesn't last much longer than 3.5 seconds, getting there first has a very big say in who wins that play... That's also why experience helps guys play faster as we've noticed throughout Kirksey's progress and others.
It was even tough to decide where to cut off the core - but here's my version of our essential ingredients:
Jamie Collins
Christian Kirksey
Joe Haden (w/ his first legit pass rush?)
Jalapeno Peppers
Danny Shelton
Myles Garrett
Isaiah Crowell
Joe Thomas
Joel Bitonio
Kevin Zeitler
David Njoku
Zane Gonzalez
Britton Colquitt
Folks,
There is now a bigger nucleus in place on both sides of the ball and on STs that we can get excited about. While growing pains from varying experience levels will be inevitable - our days of playing gridiron chess and attacking people exclusively with pawns are heading into the rear view mirror.
When we're looking for how Des Bryant and John Greco are going to get reps - we're a far cry from the bare cupboards previously haunting us. I'm starting to see why guys like Garrett, Peppers, Ogunjobi and others have responded to the question of "what can our opponents expect to see from you?" with "Come get some!" As refreshing as that sounds, Gregg Williams will be here to remind his guys that's too late/passive for sic em, sock em and sack em in his version of Darwin's Survival of the Fittest. When the average play doesn't last much longer than 3.5 seconds, getting there first has a very big say in who wins that play... That's also why experience helps guys play faster as we've noticed throughout Kirksey's progress and others.
It was even tough to decide where to cut off the core - but here's my version of our essential ingredients:
Jamie Collins
Christian Kirksey
Joe Haden (w/ his first legit pass rush?)
Jalapeno Peppers
Danny Shelton
Myles Garrett
Isaiah Crowell
Joe Thomas
Joel Bitonio
Kevin Zeitler
David Njoku
Zane Gonzalez
Britton Colquitt
What is it that these players send us?:
-
This FO understands were not SB Bowl build yet. So give the aging vet a run with a winner a move on with your own new pieces. The TE position seems similar to Old School Browns? That's Njoku taking the O. Newsome role while Devalve a young Dave Logan? Odd comparison for now but Njoku & Dave Logan were both 6'4". Njoku 246. Logan 219lbs. Bigger,stronger,faster advantage Njoku..Now can Kessler or anybody start tossing it up like Sipe? No signs yet, but a target/with speed like Njoku should be a piece that makes a QB numbers better getting the ball downfield plus YAC..Tick Tock..
Actually.. Looking at Njoku.. I see more WR then I do TE.. I think that will be DeValves main role.. I think Njoku will transition to be a stud WR.. He looks to small to be a real TE in the NFL
Actually.. Looking at Njoku.. I see more WR then I do TE.. I think that will be DeValves main role.. I think Njoku will transition to be a stud WR.. He looks to small to be a real TE in the NFL
Looks can be deceiving?
- DeValve, Seth : 6-3 245
- Njoku, David ..: 6-4 246
I can see both motion, splitting out of 2 TE sets, but also tight in 2 TE sets... likely on the same end of the line. If Njoku has a separate role carved out for him, it could well be H-back.
I think our primary, in-line, blocking TE comes from:
- McNamara, Taylor : 6-5 251
- Telfer, Randall ......: 6-4 250
Don't know much about our UDFA TE tho... and to date I haven't been too impressed with our 2015 "reach".
-
Folks,
There is now a bigger nucleus in place on both sides of the ball and on STs that we can get excited about. While growing pains from varying experience levels will be inevitable - our days of playing gridiron chess and attacking people exclusively with pawns are heading into the rear view mirror.
When we're looking for how Des Bryant and John Greco are going to get reps - we're a far cry from the bare cupboards previously haunting us. I'm starting to see why guys like Garrett, Peppers, Ogunjobi and others have responded to the question of "what can our opponents expect to see from you?" with "Come get some!" As refreshing as that sounds, Gregg Williams will be here to remind his guys that's too late/passive for sic em, sock em and sack em in his version of Darwin's Survival of the Fittest. When the average play doesn't last much longer than 3.5 seconds, getting there first has a very big say in who wins that play... That's also why experience helps guys play faster as we've noticed throughout Kirksey's progress and others.
It was even tough to decide where to cut off the core - but here's my version of our essential ingredients:
Jamie Collins
Christian Kirksey
Joe Haden (w/ his first legit pass rush?)
Jalapeno Peppers
Danny Shelton
Myles Garrett
Isaiah Crowell
Joe Thomas
Joel Bitonio
Kevin Zeitler
David Njoku
Zane Gonzalez
Britton Colquitt
It was even tough to decide where to cut off the core - but here's my version of our essential ingredients:
Jamie Collins
Christian Kirksey
Joe Haden (w/ his first legit pass rush?)
Jalapeno Peppers
Danny Shelton
Myles Garrett
Isaiah Crowell
Joe Thomas
Joel Bitonio
Kevin Zeitler
David Njoku
Zane Gonzalez
Britton Colquitt
While Im more optimistic than Ive been in some time, Id say your core group is on the optimistic side too....both too early and too late for a few....
Example....I notice no Colemans on the list(which I would say is correct)....BUT, for the same reasons they are not here, we cannot include 4 rookies as "core" players, when they haven't even played a snap yet.....who's to say they wont suck, get hurt or just be so so players?.....so, Id trim them until proven(ish).....
And with Haden and Thomas.....are they really cogs in our 5 year plan?......or just holding places for the future?.....Id trim them too....
And Crow?.....he's not a core player....he's on his way out right now......trim trim trim....
So, that leaves.....
Collins
Kirksey
Shelton
Bito
Zeitler.......
5 actual proven players....
Plus 4 rookie hopefuls.....
Plus 2 older guys with diminishing skills....
and a punter.....
-
Tom... I think you know that I'm not here to piss in any ones wheaties... I can say I like some of the pieces that were added... I really like the Njoku pickup.. but I don't believe it justified making Barnidge expendable , just yet. My biggest disappointment with this team is its continued failure to get the QB and letting guys like Pryor and whomever walk...
I'm happy that Pryor left. His ego was too much to fit in with the building of a TEAM.
The loudmouth was seen fussing at Hue on the sidelines, fussing at other teammates...
He just wanted the money. Sure, he was willing to lay in on the line, but wasn't worth the trouble.
He still was not a polished wr, so he wanted to go. Good riddance.
I'm happy that Pryor left. His ego was too much to fit in with the building of a TEAM.
The loudmouth was seen fussing at Hue on the sidelines, fussing at other teammates...
He just wanted the money. Sure, he was willing to lay in on the line, but wasn't worth the trouble.
He still was not a polished wr, so he wanted to go. Good riddance.
Pryor's always been a "me me" guy, but it was weird how he left. You'd figure that he'd want to stay here and be the "big play guy" after Hue basically resurrected his career. While I'm not a Redskins fan, I'm going to keep an eye on how he does down there.
-
I can't get excited for this team until they show Me something substantial in terms of wins..Im about near the end of My rope with this shit franchise..
-
the browns will be alright this year......alright as in 4 and 12.
kessler will do alright....until he get's plowed into the turf somewhere. glad we got osweiller. wink. wink.
FO and coaching staff will do alright ........until jimmah looks at his bottom line and the money flying into the air and blowing into the lake.
then it's discharge clip and reload.
vintage....since 1989.
oh the money wasted on drugs alcohol and the browns.......i coulda been somebody. hee hee.
-
It was even tough to decide where to cut off the core - but here's my version of our essential ingredients:
Jamie Collins
Christian Kirksey
Joe Haden (w/ his first legit pass rush?)
Jalapeno Peppers
Danny Shelton
Myles Garrett
Isaiah Crowell
Joe Thomas
Joel Bitonio
Kevin Zeitler
David Njoku
Zane Gonzalez
Britton Colquitt
While Im more optimistic than Ive been in some time, Id say your core group is on the optimistic side too....both too early and too late for a few....
Example....I notice no Colemans on the list(which I would say is correct)....BUT, for the same reasons they are not here, we cannot include 4 rookies as "core" players, when they haven't even played a snap yet.....who's to say they wont suck, get hurt or just be so so players?.....so, Id trim them until proven(ish).....
And with Haden and Thomas.....are they really cogs in our 5 year plan?......or just holding places for the future?.....Id trim them too....
And Crow?.....he's not a core player....he's on his way out right now......trim trim trim....
So, that leaves.....
Collins
Kirksey
Shelton
Bito
Zeitler.......
5 actual proven players....
Plus 4 rookie hopefuls.....
Plus 2 older guys with diminishing skills....
and a punter.....
BUT, for the same reasons they are not here, we cannot include 4 rookies as "core" players, when they haven't even played a snap yet.....who's to say they wont suck, get hurt or just be so so players?.....so, Id trim them until proven(ish).....
And with Haden and Thomas.....are they really cogs in our 5 year plan?......or just holding places for the future?.....Id trim them too....
You know great OTs can play into their mid-30's at a high level, so it is not out of the question that Joe can play another 5 years. As healthy as he's been thru his career, I like his chances of joining that group... and then hopefully our coaching staff...
Point taken on the rookies, but odds are at least two will emerge as "core".
-
@ghoolie said:
That is one of the problems. It isn't just the shit franchise, it is the asshole attitude that the Browns can do no wrong, and fans should be happier than pigs in shit. On Monday we cheer a player, then when we won't pay him or he leaves for more money, on Tuesday we say, "Fuck him, who needs him?"
The Browns don't need Nickers? Yeah, fuck Nickers. HEY NICKERS............... FUCK YOU, MAN...............who cares that you love the Browns and have spent countless hours supporting and spending money on the team. Hey, it's no sweat if guys like you and me are at the end of the rope with this shit franchise......................
FUCK NICKERS, FUCK GHOOLIE.................. Who needs us? I mean shit, the Browns have TONE of fans just beating down the door to buy their worthless shit tickets..................... Who cares that 99% of the NFL watching public can't name 2 players on this shit team? Who cares that that 50% of the football fans in NE Ohio are Steeler fans?
I bet you won't find many Browns fans in W Penna.
Nickers sentiment is more important the the cheer leading of homers. When long time fans fade away, it won't be long until the NFL sees the demographics and realizes that Cleveland is no longer a viable football city. And make no mistake, one more fucking horrible season, you will see a lot of empty seats, and I promise you, the conversations Haslam has already entertained about selling the Browns and letting them be moved, will be revisited.
You jackoffs think that there is something special about being a Browns fan. You believe that the Browns are one of the class acts in the NFL. Nobody else thinks this. The Cleveland Browns are the worst franchise in the NFL.
And really, how fucking idiotic can a person be to be enthusiastic about a team whose FO says "This Year Is Not About Winning".
Fucking jackoffs.
And you and Nickers think there's something special about you being a Browns fan. There's a million jackoffs just like you.
Nobody gives a shit if you, or Nickers, or me, or anyone here decides they've had enough. You've reached the end of your rope? Then let go. If not, shut up about it.
When a person is constantly complaining that they're gonna quit, all they want is attention. They want people to coddle them and say "there there, we love you, it'll all get better". They want to be begged to stay. They are insecure pusshats.
I guarantee one thing, nobody here is going to beg anyone to stay. You don't like the Browns anymore? See ya.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
:lol: