The Core Group Has Increased
-
Automation and outsourcing is key with productivity, a few smart guys replacing many not so smart guys.....After all, it would show that we are doing less with more.
Teachers are woefully underpaid and many are extremely unqualified. Teaching has, unfortunately, become a fallback profession for many because it's rather easy to obtain a bachelors in education and the barrier for entry is much lower in the workplace.....
And we have two elementary school teachers who are neighbors one newer makes $63,000 and one with tenure makes $70,000, that's not woeful....and it's not college level courses either! You can go online and look up any teacher's salary in Ohio.
Old saying "never confuse education with intelligence" and I'd not prefer to go into work ethic if you know what I mean.

It's been a good discussion catch you later.
-
Not true, the mortgage "crisis" lasted what 2008-2009 and the following stock market crash, (oh I've been in the market since 1972) then took off like a rocket in the best recovery ever. The market bottomed on 03/03/09 and went straight up if you stayed in it you made out like a bandit.....The lazy narrative is the last, dying breath of a tired and factually incorrect argument. The truth is that this generation widely came of age in one of the worst recessions in American history...and it wasn't our generation who caused it.....
The 1929 crash and Great Depression lasted over two decades followed by a world war which actually broke the depression.
I've been through about 7 big market corrections in my Boomer lifetime 2008 was scary but to blame this generations dismal education performance or any other thing on that is a big stretch.
If you haven't figured it out it's hard if not impossible to argue this any more that which sports teams are better over the decades, too many variables and opinions involved.
Not true, the mortgage "crisis" lasted what 2008-2009 and the following stock market crash, (oh I've been in the market since 1972) then took off like a rocket in the best recovery ever. The market bottomed on 03/03/09 and went straight up if you stayed in it you made out like a bandit.
The 1929 crash and Great Depression lasted over two decades followed by a world war which actually broke the depression.
I've been through about 7 big market corrections in my Boomer lifetime 2008 was scary but to blame this generations dismal education performance or any other thing on that is a big stretch.
If you haven't figured it out it's hard if not impossible to argue this any more that which sports teams are better over the decades, too many variables and opinions involved.
The real estate market crash of @2007 was primarily caused by the repeal of the Glass-Steagall act that was enacted in Depression era to curtail banking abuses that were largely responsible for that crash. They essentially worked for 70 years, until the banks had enough clout to have them repealed in the late 90s. Then they went back to the same bad practices...which caused the bubble and the Great Recession. Dodd-Frank was then passed to reinstitute a lot of the controls that were in place under Glass-Steagall. Now, Mr. Delirium Tremors is making noises about again repealing these protections so as to not "hamstring" the banks in their practices.
-
Not true, the mortgage "crisis" lasted what 2008-2009 and the following stock market crash, (oh I've been in the market since 1972) then took off like a rocket in the best recovery ever. The market bottomed on 03/03/09 and went straight up if you stayed in it you made out like a bandit.
The 1929 crash and Great Depression lasted over two decades followed by a world war which actually broke the depression.
I've been through about 7 big market corrections in my Boomer lifetime 2008 was scary but to blame this generations dismal education performance or any other thing on that is a big stretch.
If you haven't figured it out it's hard if not impossible to argue this any more that which sports teams are better over the decades, too many variables and opinions involved.
I'm not blaming the education performance on the recession, I am saying that the recession was a causing factor in the amount of debt and affordable housing we currently see. The global education comparison was a point you brought up that I've yet to address, I've been sticking to generational comparisons in the US.
I am not up to date on the education comparisons globally so I can't formulate any basis for an argument as of yet, but if standardized intelligence levels are higher across the board in America, yet we're falling further behind in global education, it would stand to reason that the curriculum should be called into question and not necessarily the students.
After all, it would show that we are doing less with more.
Teachers are woefully underpaid and many are extremely unqualified. Teaching has, unfortunately, become a fallback profession for many because it's rather easy to obtain a bachelors in education and the barrier for entry is much lower in the workplace.
I'd be interested to see how much of our GDP we allot to education in comparison with some of the global leaders in education. If they are comparable rates, then the problem would then lie with either WHAT or HOW we are teaching our youth.
I'm not blaming the education performance on the recession, I am saying that the recession was a causing factor in the amount of debt and affordable housing we currently see. The global education comparison was a point you brought up that I've yet to address, I've been sticking to generational comparisons in the US.
I am not up to date on the education comparisons globally so I can't formulate any basis for an argument as of yet, but if standardized intelligence levels are higher across the board in America, yet we're falling further behind in global education, it would stand to reason that the curriculum should be called into question and not necessarily the students.
After all, it would show that we are doing less with more.
Teachers are woefully underpaid and many are extremely unqualified. Teaching has, unfortunately, become a fallback profession for many because it's rather easy to obtain a bachelors in education and the barrier for entry is much lower in the workplace.
I'd be interested to see how much of our GDP we allot to education in comparison with some of the global leaders in education. If they are comparable rates, then the problem would then lie with either WHAT or HOW we are teaching our youth.
I am not sure about the figures on how much GDP we allot in comparison to other countries....but I do know that the State of Ohio ranks I believe like 45th in the affordability in education among US states. The Rs that have controlled this state have decimated the education system here. It is one big factor in why Ohio has suffered population loss and a brain drain. The charter schools they promoted and propped up here are a disgrace...yet they continue to want to funnel money to these profit ventures...at the expense of the public and secondary schools in this state.
https://www.philanthropyohio.org/sites/default/files/College%20Afordability_2.1lr_FINAL.pdf
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login