Skip to content

R.I.P. Roger Moore...

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
21 5 724
  • My least favorite Bond, James Bond but RIP anyway Sir Roger Moore.

  • Was my favorite Bond as a kid probably my least favorite as an adult but RIP

  • My least favorite Bond, James Bond but RIP anyway Sir Roger Moore.

    @mjp28 said:

    My least favorite Bond, James Bond but RIP anyway Sir Roger Moore.

    Did you like George Lazenby better? Timothy Dalton?

  • @mjp28 said:

    My least favorite Bond, James Bond but RIP anyway Sir Roger Moore.

    Did you like George Lazenby better? Timothy Dalton?

    @the-gipper said:

    Did you like George Lazenby better? Timothy Dalton?

    I actually liked Timothy Dalton.

    Still once Sean Connery was gone it didn't seem like James bond to me anymore.

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    Did you like George Lazenby better? Timothy Dalton?

    I actually liked Timothy Dalton.

    Still once Sean Connery was gone it didn't seem like James bond to me anymore.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I actually liked Timothy Dalton.

    Still once Sean Connery was gone it didn't seem like James bond to me anymore.

    WSS

    Daniel Craig has been awful good in the role. I understand though that he is done doing it.

    FYI, here is the list of people who have played James Bond:

    Sean Connery

    George Lazenby (one movie)

    Roger Moore

    Timothy Dalton

    Pierce Brosnan

    Daniel Craig

    David Niven

    Barry Nelson !!!!....this last one surprises me. (I think he is American in fact.

  • Here is part of Casino Royale....starring Barry Nelson as James Bond. Oddly...it seems that Bond is American here...and Felix Lighter is British, needless to say it does not follow the book in this regard.

  • I read all of Ian Fleming's work starting when I was still in high school, interesting guy and author.

    Casino Royale" is a live 1954 television adaptation of the novel of the same name by Ian Fleming. An episode of the dramatic anthology series Climax!, the show is the first screen adaptation of a James Bond novel and stars Barry Nelson and Peter Lorre. Though this marks the first onscreen appearance of the secret agent, Nelson's Bond is played as an American spy with "Combined Intelligence Agency" and is referred to as "Jimmy" by several characters.

    Most of the largely forgotten show was located in the 1980s by film historian Jim Schoenberger, with the ending (including credits) found afterward. The rights to the program were acquired by MGM at the same time as the rights for the 1967 film version of Casino Royale, clearing the legal pathway and enabling it to make the 2006 film of the same name.

  • rr-composite-bondgraphics.jpg?strip=all&

  • What an "un-Bond" looking bunch! Whew! Say it ain't so.

  • I think this guy should be considered, he is only just now 40 (which I believe is younger than when Moore started playing the role)

    MV5BMTg4NzM5NDk0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzAz

  • Or just pull the plug on the series and watch Goldfinger reruns.

  • How about this guy...when he is done being Jon Snow (though he doesn't have to be done):

    Kit Harrington

    Or Richard Armitage:

    21df229909d5f98a094533b62db6c1fa.jpg

  • Or just pull the plug on the series and watch Goldfinger reruns.

    @mjp28 said:

    Or just pull the plug on the series and watch Goldfinger reruns.

    Not when there is money to be made. Won't happen.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Or just pull the plug on the series and watch Goldfinger reruns.

    Not when there is money to be made. Won't happen.

    @the-gipper said:

    Not when there is money to be made. Won't happen.

    ....and reality sets in. 😆

    Maybe a lady James Bond? Hey it is 2017....I think.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Not when there is money to be made. Won't happen.

    ....and reality sets in. 😆

    Maybe a lady James Bond? Hey it is 2017....I think.

    @mjp28 said:

    ....and reality sets in. 😆

    Maybe a lady James Bond? Hey it is 2017....I think.

    Well, they were talking about a black James Bond...Idris Elba.

  • Hey maybe a trained dog or a horse?

    WSS

  • Basically folks favor the Bond they grew up with....

    My ranking:

    1. Sean Connery... GOAT
    2. Daniel Craig... love the new, gritty take of his Bond outings.
    3. Timothy Dalton... 2nd best of the old style Bonds.
    4. George Lazenby... only one outing... not great, but Diana Rigg co-starred... 🙂
    5. Pierce Brosnan... was better as Bond than he was in his TV roles.
    6. Roger Moore... his Bond era was cartoonish.
    7. David Niven... speaking of cartoons... his Casino Royale was a joke... literally... just ask Woody Allen.
    8. Barry Nelson... yes, Barry fuckin' Nelson, the original Bond... look it up. I barely remember him myself.

    For me the top four had the benefit of the role making them "famous"... at least they were all previously unknown to me. As unknowns they could become Bond.

    Whereas the bottom four were "actors" who played Bond...

  • I would put Brosnan Peirce third on the list.

    David Niven's Bond was a satire, a comedy. But, if he had been cast in the straight role he may have actually been pretty good.

  • Actually Ian Fleming said that he had David Niven in mind.

    But I actually think that the best bond is closely associated with which movies are better. I think the series fell into a terrible state of disrepair through the years.

    Until Daniel Craig.

    WSS