Skip to content

Browns hire Ryan Grigson, former Colts GM, as senior personnel executive

The Browns Board
65 22 2.5k
  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #41

    People sometimes learn from their mistakes and get better

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Y'all should freak out about this a little more. This guy might quite literally be a coffee fetcher.

  • Y'all should freak out about this a little more. This guy might quite literally be a coffee fetcher.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @wargograw said:

    This guy might quite literally be a coffee fetcher.

    Oh, no! Not another alt!

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    Have we maxed out our quota of coffee fetchers this year? πŸ˜›

  • Have we maxed out our quota of coffee fetchers this year? πŸ˜›

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @texasag1969 said:

    Have we maxed out our quota of coffee fetchers this year? πŸ˜›

    All I know is I just had to get up and get my 2nd cup myself...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Have we maxed out our quota of coffee fetchers this year? πŸ˜›

    All I know is I just had to get up and get my 2nd cup myself...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @tour2ma said:

    All I know is I just had to get up and get my 2nd cup myself...

    You may get that dream job in Berea after all. ❗

    Keep up the good work Tour. 😁

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @ghoolie said:

    Dude...................... Give the shit a rest. I have NEVER even thought about an alternative screen name, other than when it was an over the top...obvious joke that even the fucktards here could plainly see was SNL genre parody................

    FOR INSTANCE........................I might post as FATASS JOE THOMAS................... would there be anyh doubt? AND.............. I wouldn't alter my writing style..............

    That the guy agrees with me and has picked up on my poignant euphemisms is not anything new. Plenty of people here have incorporated coffee fetcher, OL are a dime a dozen, fatass OL, Black Tarkenton and other wisdom that always comes to the top as truth once the seasons unfold.

    I am iconic on this board. I am the most distinguished, respected, known, revered, respected, and hated poster that has ever graced a sports board, and for sure, I am iconic on TBB. Tour2ma.........has an Avatar that he thinks is the "negative Ghoolie".......

    People come in to my threads and post VOLUMINOUSLY how they never read me, and are glad I am on ignore. Hell, I don't start 1/10 the threads you do, and yet, I am still too much for some of these bukake collectors. WTF do I need another screen name for? I am already alive in most of what is posted here.

    OK, Gools.....but you should be flattered, it seems that Viking Dawg is doing an homage to you.....or maybe Viking Dawg is just a Single White Female?

    single-white-female.jpg

  • V VikingDawg wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @ghoolie said:

    The entire FO is comprised of coffee fetchers.

    Truer words have never been spoken. Ever. This sums up this Front Office to a tee.

  • @ghoolie said:

    Dude...................... Give the shit a rest. I have NEVER even thought about an alternative screen name, other than when it was an over the top...obvious joke that even the fucktards here could plainly see was SNL genre parody................

    FOR INSTANCE........................I might post as FATASS JOE THOMAS................... would there be anyh doubt? AND.............. I wouldn't alter my writing style..............

    That the guy agrees with me and has picked up on my poignant euphemisms is not anything new. Plenty of people here have incorporated coffee fetcher, OL are a dime a dozen, fatass OL, Black Tarkenton and other wisdom that always comes to the top as truth once the seasons unfold.

    I am iconic on this board. I am the most distinguished, respected, known, revered, respected, and hated poster that has ever graced a sports board, and for sure, I am iconic on TBB. Tour2ma.........has an Avatar that he thinks is the "negative Ghoolie".......

    People come in to my threads and post VOLUMINOUSLY how they never read me, and are glad I am on ignore. Hell, I don't start 1/10 the threads you do, and yet, I am still too much for some of these bukake collectors. WTF do I need another screen name for? I am already alive in most of what is posted here.

    OK, Gools.....but you should be flattered, it seems that Viking Dawg is doing an homage to you.....or maybe Viking Dawg is just a Single White Female?

    single-white-female.jpg

    V VikingDawg wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, Gools.....but you should be flattered, it seems that Viking Dawg is doing an homage to you.....or maybe Viking Dawg is just a Single White Female?

    single-white-female.jpg

    Or maybe it could be Vikingdawg has an opinion of his own and sees things a different way then all the shit talkers who cannot fathom that some people have no desire to lick Sashi and Hues assholes clean all day every day.

  • @ghoolie said:

    The entire FO is comprised of coffee fetchers.

    Truer words have never been spoken. Ever. This sums up this Front Office to a tee.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @vikingdawg said:

    Truer words have never been spoken. Ever. This sums up this Front Office to a tee.

    That cliches it...

    Ignore #3 coming right up...

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK, Gools.....but you should be flattered, it seems that Viking Dawg is doing an homage to you.....or maybe Viking Dawg is just a Single White Female?

    single-white-female.jpg

    Or maybe it could be Vikingdawg has an opinion of his own and sees things a different way then all the shit talkers who cannot fathom that some people have no desire to lick Sashi and Hues assholes clean all day every day.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @vikingdawg said:

    Or maybe it could be Vikingdawg has an opinion of his own and sees things a different way then all the shit talkers who cannot fathom that some people have no desire to lick Sashi and Hues assholes clean all day every day.

    Maybe....but...nah...not likely!! πŸ˜›πŸ˜

  • @tour2ma said:

    All I know is I just had to get up and get my 2nd cup myself...

    You may get that dream job in Berea after all. ❗

    Keep up the good work Tour. 😁

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @texasag1969 said:

    You may get that dream job in Berea after all. ❗

    Keep up the good work Tour. 😁

    The Berea barista?
  • @texasag1969 said:

    You may get that dream job in Berea after all. ❗

    Keep up the good work Tour. 😁

    The Berea barista?
    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #53

    @canton-dawg said:

    The Berea barista?

    Hey... gotta start somewhere...

    My Tourachinos are awesome...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #54

    Cleveland Browns have Terry Talkin' (Grigson) -- Terry Pluto (photos)

    Posted on May 27, 2017 at 7:42 AM

    By Terry Pluto, The Plain Dealer

    [email protected]

    ABOUT RYAN GRIGSON

    The Browns have not hired Ryan Grigson to be general manager. That's Sashi Brown, who runs the football operation.

    Nor is Grigson the player personnel director. That's Andrew Berry.

    A former Indianapolis Colts general manager (2012-16), Grigson was named senior personnel executive.

    I asked around about what Grigson will do. He is under Brown and Berry. In fact, Grigson used to be Berry's boss with the Colts.

    Grigson had a spotty record as a Colts general manager. He made the disastrous Trent Richardson deal with Joe Banner in 2013. Unfortunately, that 2014 first-rounder was used in the Johnny Manziel deal.

    Banner was gone by the 2014 draft. Richardson and Manziel are out of the NFL. That trade hurt Grigson's reputation.

    The Browns plan to use Grigson almost like a super scout. He will look at pro and college players. He will even visit some colleges to research prospects. He spent his first 14 years in the NFL as a scout, and the Browns believe that is his strength.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #55

    Hiring people with a proven talent and asking them to focus on just that skill.. rather than promoting them above their talent level?

    It's almost like the Brownies are becoming sentient..

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #56

    So it would seem...

    I've said for a while that I love this FO's collective approach. It let's talent emerge and that talent's voice(s) grow stronger in the room rather than taking leap of faith after leap of faith in making extrapolated, top-of-the-pyramid hires only to see them pratfall face-first...

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #57

    Am I missing something here? Xplane to the millions πŸ˜› What Grigson has brought to any organization that awards him such a dubious honor? Besides a A. Luck.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #58

    All GM "production", or misdeeds, gum... I doubt we have any way of judging his scouting expertise. Just have to trust Andrew Berry on this one.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #59

    Grudgingly Andrew Berry seems to have found his new groove hanging around the Harvard firm? Gotta start somewhere with Berry cause I did not like his hiring..Mine probably is more personal knowing Bobby Vega from NC.Bobby Vega was hired by Berry as VP of college scouting last year. Knowing Bobby he will not like someone else sticking his nose into his business? If these college picks workout I can't say I don't blame him..It also could go the other way if Grigson eats his pride & is willing to take a step back in work relations..Gotta Hope

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
    #60

    I made an anti Grigson crack earlier in this thread that, after thinking about it, I would take back if I could. Let's give Grigson a chance here. After all, he is NOT the GM here and, as Tour stated, the "Peter Principle" may have come into play. Another factor is that I trust Sashi et al to continue to make what appear to be solid decisions.

    Remember Holmgren?...Fine Coach, but very poor track record once he "moved up".

    Mike