Skip to content

Summertime Blues

The Browns Board
6 3 916
  • Here is another set of trivia questions, most of which revolve around the NBA and NHL, which are of course "winter" sports whose playoffs go all the way into summer, thus my title of Summertime Blues Trivia. We'll start you out easy then get a little harder:

    1. What former Browns player is/or was a part owner of an NHL franchise?

    2. The following cities are still involved in the NBA or NHL playoffs. LIst the last year and team that any team from that city won a title in one of the 4 major sports (football, baseball, basketball, hockey):

    Cleveland

    Orlando

    Boston

    LA/Anaheim

    Houston

    Dallas

    Denver

    Pittsburgh

    Detroit

    Washington

    Chicago

    3. Theoretically, both Boston and LA/Anaheim could have both its team win the "Summertime titles" of the NBA and NHL. When was the last time a city/region had its team win both those titles?

    4. Name the 3 current "Major League Cities" (defined as having a franchise in one of the four major sports) that have waited longer than Cleveland to win a title in one of the sport. (Note, there must have been competition in the sport)

    5. Name the current "Major League" cities that have never won a title in any of the major sports.

    6. What 3 teams have won the most NHL titles?

    7. Except for the Celtics and Lakers, what NBA team has won the most titles?

    8. Name the only year in which a city had one of its team compete in the Finals of all 4 major sports (Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup, NBA Finals). Note: for the NFL the "year" is the year in which the regular season is played, not the year of the Jan/Feb. Super Bowl. Give the year and the city.

    9. What town which was originally known as "Rat Portage" and which currently has a population of about 15,000 once won a Stanley Cup title?

    10. True or False: The cities of Victoria, Seattle, Raleigh, Quebec and Hartford have won a Stanley Cup

    11. True or False: The cities of Syracuse, Rochester, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake, and Louisville have won a Pro Basketball title.

    The Gipper

  • Seventy Nine people looked at this thread and not one single person tried to answer the questions?

    Is the Browns fan base truly that unknowledgeable about sports in general?

    Maybe its just me but I find that extremely odd

  • Seventy Nine people looked at this thread and not one single person tried to answer the questions?

    Is the Browns fan base truly that unknowledgeable about sports in general?

    Maybe its just me but I find that extremely odd

    @the-gipper said:

    Seventy Nine people looked at this thread and not one single person tried to answer the questions?

    Is the Browns fan base truly that unknowledgeable about sports in general?

    Maybe its just me but I find that extremely odd

    These seem to be more geared toward statfreaks, probably not many peoples cup-o-tea.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Seventy Nine people looked at this thread and not one single person tried to answer the questions?

    Is the Browns fan base truly that unknowledgeable about sports in general?

    Maybe its just me but I find that extremely odd

    These seem to be more geared toward statfreaks, probably not many peoples cup-o-tea.

    AdaM said:

    These seem to be more geared toward statfreaks, probably not many peoples cup-o-tea.

    I don't think these are "stats" much at all. Unless you consider winning championships a mere statistic. Which perhaps it is in a way.

  • Seventy Nine people looked at this thread and not one single person tried to answer the questions?

    Is the Browns fan base truly that unknowledgeable about sports in general?

    Maybe its just me but I find that extremely odd

    @the-gipper said:

    Seventy Nine people looked at this thread and not one single person tried to answer the questions?

    Is the Browns fan base truly that unknowledgeable about sports in general?

    Maybe its just me but I find that extremely odd

    Most of those that looked at it were probably like me. Didn't kmow it was going to be trivia.

    I dislike trivia....It is after all, trivial.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Seventy Nine people looked at this thread and not one single person tried to answer the questions?

    Is the Browns fan base truly that unknowledgeable about sports in general?

    Maybe its just me but I find that extremely odd

    Most of those that looked at it were probably like me. Didn't kmow it was going to be trivia.

    I dislike trivia....It is after all, trivial.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    Most of those that looked at it were probably like me. Didn't kmow it was going to be trivia.

    I dislike trivia....It is after all, trivial.

    By that measure, everything you ever learned in high school or college could be considered trivia, yet, they still tested and graded you...and if you flunked you were assigned to ditch digging and dishwashing. The trivia here may simply be a form of testing your sports knowledge. I mean, can I assume everyone here watches sports? Reads about sports? I betcha if you actually looked at these questions, you probably would find you actually know the answer to many of the questions, just by being a sports fan.